Educationism

Political discussions
User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51125
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Educationism

Postby AZGrizFan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:37 pm

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I'm not suggesting we are. Just commenting on the article, jagoff. :roll: :roll:


BTW the 22,000 sq ft house dude north of San Antonio qualifies...

:lol:

but it's neat-o how you did what I said in my example above on steps 2) and 3)


I never did #2 (reading is fundamental) and I AM the top, so how could I do #3? :suspicious: :suspicious:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42259
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Educationism

Postby kalm » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:47 pm

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Well I call bullsh!t on your bullsh!t

:lol:

You don't think there are plenty in the wealth redistribution crowd that don't want to raise taxes on families making over $200-250K? That aint even close to "rich" around here.


Yes there are.

Btw, wealth redistribution is a two way street and socialism perfectly acceptable if it benefits a certain group.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33214
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Educationism

Postby 89Hen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:06 pm

kalm wrote:Btw, wealth redistribution is a two way street and socialism perfectly acceptable if it benefits a certain group.

Come again?
Image

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12077
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Educationism

Postby SDHornet » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:31 pm

:lol: @ the coffeehouse socialists in this thread.

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17549
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Educationism

Postby JohnStOnge » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:52 pm

Chizzang wrote:Image


That gets at something I've written about before; though I've focused on income rather than wealth. By any reasonable definition of what the "middle class" is the middle class is better off now than it was back in what people think of as the golden days of the middle class.

In 1963 the wealth level at the 50th percentile (the middle) was $41,028 (in 2016 dollars). In 2016 it was $97,300. 2.4 times as high.

So by what calculus do we say those at the "middle" were worse off in 2016 than they were in 1963 when they had almost 2 1/2 times the wealth in 2016 in inflation adjusted terms than they had in 1963? It's ridiculous.

This thing of focusing on the "gap" is ridiculous.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18019
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Educationism

Postby Chizzang » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:07 pm

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Well I call bullsh!t on your bullsh!t

:lol:

You don't think there are plenty in the wealth redistribution crowd that don't want to raise taxes on families making over $200-250K? That aint even close to "rich" around here.


no I don't think families making $250k are in danger of some crazy tax scheme

:lol:

The upper middle class is safe
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42259
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Educationism

Postby kalm » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:43 pm

SDHornet wrote::lol: @ the coffeehouse socialists in this thread.


:lol: @ the faux industrialists kicking the step ladder down behind them.

:lol:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18019
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Educationism

Postby Chizzang » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:35 pm

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote::lol: @ the coffeehouse socialists in this thread.


:lol: @ the faux industrialists kicking the step ladder down behind them.

:lol:


As previously noted...
The assigned job of the middle class in America is to passionately defend the elite wealthy
Whilst simultaneously hating the poor

:nod:

and they do it as instructed
this thread / exhibit A
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18019
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Educationism

Postby Chizzang » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:39 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
Chizzang wrote:Image


That gets at something I've written about before; though I've focused on income rather than wealth. By any reasonable definition of what the "middle class" is the middle class is better off now than it was back in what people think of as the golden days of the middle class.

In 1963 the wealth level at the 50th percentile (the middle) was $41,028 (in 2016 dollars). In 2016 it was $97,300. 2.4 times as high.

So by what calculus do we say those at the "middle" were worse off in 2016 than they were in 1963 when they had almost 2 1/2 times the wealth in 2016 in inflation adjusted terms than they had in 1963? It's ridiculous.

This thing of focusing on the "gap" is ridiculous.


The gap is used in my example to show you who the wealth distribution clowns are going after
Nobody in their right mind would go after middle and upper middle class with new higher tax rates

The target is pretty clearly defined as uber-wealthy and certainly not $250K
christ you can't even buy a house in Seattle on that family income

:rofl:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12077
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Educationism

Postby SDHornet » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:37 pm

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote::lol: @ the coffeehouse socialists in this thread.


:lol: @ the faux industrialists kicking the step ladder down behind them.

:lol:

How so?

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51125
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Educationism

Postby AZGrizFan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:07 pm

Chizzang wrote:
kalm wrote:
:lol: @ the faux industrialists kicking the step ladder down behind them.

:lol:


As previously noted...
The assigned job of the middle class in America is to passionately defend the elite wealthy
Whilst simultaneously hating the poor

:nod:

and they do it as instructed
this thread / exhibit A


You got a strange view of life, son. :suspicious: :suspicious:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18019
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Educationism

Postby Chizzang » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:13 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
As previously noted...
The assigned job of the middle class in America is to passionately defend the elite wealthy
Whilst simultaneously hating the poor

:nod:

and they do it as instructed
this thread / exhibit A


You got a strange view of life, son. :suspicious: :suspicious:


I try to be neutral in regards to the elite wealthy and the down trodden and destitute

I don't really know what the answer is
but I'm pretty sure 400 guys owning 65% of all U.S. wealth
probably doesn't make America a better place

and they don't need me defending them
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51125
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Educationism

Postby AZGrizFan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:30 am

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
You got a strange view of life, son. :suspicious: :suspicious:


I try to be neutral in regards to the elite wealthy and the down trodden and destitute

I don't really know what the answer is
but I'm pretty sure 400 guys owning 65% of all U.S. wealth
probably doesn't make America a better place

and they don't need me defending them


If you're gonna be poor and downtrodden, it's good to be poor in America. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33214
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Educationism

Postby 89Hen » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:44 am

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote:You don't think there are plenty in the wealth redistribution crowd that don't want to raise taxes on families making over $200-250K? That aint even close to "rich" around here.


no I don't think families making $250k are in danger of some crazy tax scheme

:lol:

The upper middle class is safe

:suspicious: I guess you're not listening.
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51125
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Educationism

Postby AZGrizFan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:47 am

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
no I don't think families making $250k are in danger of some crazy tax scheme

:lol:

The upper middle class is safe

:suspicious: I guess you're not listening.


When has he ever? He's got his own, strange view of the world and lives in a bubble known as Seattle. It's a giant echo chamber...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18019
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Educationism

Postby Chizzang » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:27 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: :suspicious: I guess you're not listening.


When has he ever? He's got his own, strange view of the world and lives in a bubble known as Seattle. It's a giant echo chamber...



:lol:

I might be moving to Minneapolis... :shock:
BTW: Home prices in Minn are so low me and the GF are stunned
Last edited by Chizzang on Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18019
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Educationism

Postby Chizzang » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:29 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
If you're gonna be poor and downtrodden, it's good to be poor in America. :coffee: :coffee:


I completely agree...
We actually have a large percentage of over weight poor people in this country
which is something you really don't see much of elsewhere

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10223
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: Educationism

Postby HI54UNI » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:34 am

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
When has he ever? He's got his own, strange view of the world and lives in a bubble known as Seattle. It's a giant echo chamber...



:lol:

I might be moving to Minneapolis... :shock:
BTW: Home prices in Minn are so low me and the GF are stunned


You'll have to spend the savings on heat and winter clothes.
Image

All my posts are satire.

User avatar
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10223
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: Educationism

Postby HI54UNI » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:40 am

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
If you're gonna be poor and downtrodden, it's good to be poor in America. :coffee: :coffee:


I completely agree...
We actually have a large percentage of over weight poor people in this country
which is something you really don't see much of elsewhere

:nod:


I remember reading an article many years ago about immigrants and one interviewed was from Africa. He said that growing up he some missionaries were using magazines to teach English. There was an article about in one magazine about America's poor. He said I knew then I wanted to move to America because we were starving and all the poor people in America were fat. He wanted to live where poor people could be fat.
Image

All my posts are satire.

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18019
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Educationism

Postby Chizzang » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:45 am

HI54UNI wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

:lol:

I might be moving to Minneapolis... :shock:
BTW: Home prices in Minn are so low me and the GF are stunned


You'll have to spend the savings on heat and winter clothes.


Well... probably not
There's a condo in midtown Minneapolis that's 2300 sq ft absolutely glorious and it's $750K
That would be $1.5M in Seattle

:nod:

the building has a gym on the 5th floor
Coffee shop at street level
grocery store 2 blocks away
incredible !!!
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51125
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Educationism

Postby AZGrizFan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:17 am

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
When has he ever? He's got his own, strange view of the world and lives in a bubble known as Seattle. It's a giant echo chamber...



:lol:

I might be moving to Minneapolis... :shock:
BTW: Home prices in Minn are so low me and the GF are stunned


Ahhh...Minneapolis. The most segregated city in America. :coffee: :coffee:

Interesting choice for someone so enlightened.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18019
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Educationism

Postby Chizzang » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:26 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

:lol:

I might be moving to Minneapolis... :shock:
BTW: Home prices in Minn are so low me and the GF are stunned


Ahhh...Minneapolis. The most segregated city in America. :coffee: :coffee:

Interesting choice for someone so enlightened.


:geek:

It's the GF
She got offered some fancy pants directors position - I can live anywhere as long as it has a major airport
and no black people
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34398
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Educationism

Postby CAA Flagship » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:39 am

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Ahhh...Minneapolis. The most segregated city in America. :coffee: :coffee:

Interesting choice for someone so enlightened.


:geek:

It's the GF
She got offered some fancy pants directors position - I can live anywhere as long as it has a major airport
and no black people

Any man that would move from their desired location, to a less desirable location, because of their female partner's job is............umm...............uhh..............hmmmm.............nevermind. :oops:

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12894
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Educationism

Postby GannonFan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:46 am

CAA Flagship wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
:geek:

It's the GF
She got offered some fancy pants directors position - I can live anywhere as long as it has a major airport
and no black people

Any man that would move from their desired location, to a less desirable location, because of their female partner's job is............umm...............uhh..............hmmmm.............nevermind. :oops:


I wouldn't knock it - nothing wrong with having a sugarmomma. :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51125
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Educationism

Postby AZGrizFan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:49 am

CAA Flagship wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
:geek:

It's the GF
She got offered some fancy pants directors position - I can live anywhere as long as it has a major airport
and no black people

Any man that would move from their desired location, to a less desirable location, because of their female partner's job is............umm...............uhh..............hmmmm.............nevermind. :oops:

;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZGrizFan, Baldy and 197 guests