Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Breaking: Mass shooting El Paso

Post by BDKJMU »

At least 18 shot as of now. El Paso PD said reports of multiple shooters, but the Garlic Festival had reports of 2 shooters, and turned out to be just 1 wack job.
https://www.ktsm.com/news/breaking-poss ... ista-mall/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Breaking: Mass shooting El Paso

Post by CID1990 »

Somebody made fun of the greeter for the LAST GODDAMN TIME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

CNN says three people are in custody. If it's a cooperative shooting, I'm betting on Ay-rabs and not angry 8-chan white guys.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Pwns wrote:CNN says three people are in custody. If it's a cooperative shooting, I'm betting on Ay-rabs and not angry 8-chan white guys.
Maybe it was incels. The Dems are including them in their white supremacist stats
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

21 year old white anti-immigration shooter. Sweet AK. Such bulky hearing protection!

Last edited by 93henfan on Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I love the conclusion stating the fake media will call him a white supremacist even though he's not...after an entire manifesto of typical white supremacist rhetoric. Fuck this guy.

RIP to the victims.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Breaking: Mass shooting El Paso

Post by UNI88 »

mainejeff2 wrote:I'm just copying and pasting this from now on......too many shootings to waste my time on new material.
mainejeff2 wrote:Most people that post on here could care less how many Americans die from gun violence. It's all about THEM.....which of course means if their wife or girlfriend or son or daughter or grandson or granddaughter were shot and killed in an act of random gun violence......they would be screaming at the top of their lungs. :roll: :roll: :roll:

*YAWN*

:coffee:
It is tragic but IMO we need to enforce existing laws and improve mental health care first.

And if we really wanted to do something about deaths caused by gun violence we'd be focusing our efforts on gang violence.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Guns are not the problem. I was just looking back at an analysis I did using 2016 data. I looked at the homicide rate by State and how it relates to various factors. I used gun ownership rate, percent Black population, and percent in poverty as factors. Yes I know you can call me a racist for using percent Black population but, I'm sorry, it's clearly a factor.

Anyway, when you throw them all in there is sufficient evidence to say that percent Black population and percent poverty are factors in homicide rate. Gun ownership rate is not. In other words: There is not sufficient evidence to say that more guns means more homicides.

BTW I also did analyses like that using homicide rates by nation. Not with percent Black but with per capita income and gun ownership rate. Again: Gun ownership rate was not a "significant" factor. Per capita income was. But not gun ownership.

The idea that more guns equals more violence is a false one. It's just not there in the data.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote:
And if we really wanted to do something about deaths caused by gun violence ...
What I would say is that we need to focus on deaths caused by violence while leaving the "gun" part out. Guns are not the cause of the violence. The two biggest mass murders in US history involved box cutters (9-11) and fertilizer (Oklahoma City bombing). Guns are tools. When you look at it worldwide or State by State there is no correlation between available guns and homicide among jurisdictions. If you're focusing on the tool you're focusing on the wrong thing.

Note: What you will often see are statements about correlations between guns and gun-related homicides. That's deceptive. What you should be looking at is correlation between guns and total homicides. The reason is obvious. There is a question as to whether someone who does not have a gun will find another way to kill people. You get the picture.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Democrat candidates rush call for more control, before the bodies are even cold. So predictable..
https://apnews.com/ec74c3c86d1f44c0afc40ba2c6c81702
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

So ... I guess the rash of murders in Chicongo won't be talked about by the crapstream media.
Celebrate Diversity.*
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Dayton now. The Donks will be falling all over themselves by Monday’s news cycle.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Pwns wrote:So ... I guess the rash of murders in Chicongo won't be talked about by the crapstream media.
You're losing your touch, you didn't mention that Obama is from Chicago.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:Democrat candidates rush call for more control, before the bodies are even cold. So predictable..
This thread delivers! :lol:
by Ivytalk » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:09 am

Dayton now. The Donks will be falling all over themselves by Monday’s news cycle.

by Pwns » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:58 am

So ... I guess the rash of murders in Chicongo won't be talked about by the crapstream media.

by CID1990 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:20 pm

Pwns wrote:
CNN says three people are in custody. If it's a cooperative shooting, I'm betting on Ay-rabs and not angry 8-chan white guys.

Maybe it was incels. The Dems are including them in their white supremacist stats
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

BDKJMU wrote:Democrat candidates rush call for more control, before the bodies are even cold. So predictable..
When is the best time to talk about it?

There's a mass shooting every few days.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote:
It is tragic but IMO we need to enforce existing laws and improve mental health care first.

And if we really wanted to do something about deaths caused by gun violence we'd be focusing our efforts on gang violence.
There are so many things fueling the mentally unstable: Movies, TV shows, news/media, video games, etc.

It's like showing food related commercials, with aromas coming from the TV, to people in an eating disorder facility and then handing out coupons, forks, and providing a bus to the food court.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CAA Flagship wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

There are so many things fueling the mentally unstable: Movies, TV shows, news/media, video games, etc.

It's like showing food related commercials, with aromas coming from the TV, to people in an eating disorder facility and then handing out coupons, forks, and providing a bus to the food court.
Don't forget Presidents...
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: There are so many things fueling the mentally unstable: Movies, TV shows, news/media, video games, etc.

Don't forget Presidents...
Trump said go out and shoot people? I must have missed that..
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Trump and his ilk stir the pot with rhetoric from the bully pulpit. The Pesident is supposed to be the moral example to the country and its voice. Instead, he actively works against acceptance of "the other" and revs up fear and hate against immigrants, minorities, etc. (pick a group).

He won't acknowledge his role in setting the tone and direction for this murderous slaughter of innocents. The GOP is complicit.

Not that it matters. His supporters know and love the fact he's a liar and "pisses off libruls" despite people dying. The fact the FBI closed down the section devoted to investigating white supremacist violence says far more than any teleprompted condemnation could.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:Trump and his ilk stir the pot with rhetoric from the bully pulpit. The Pesident is supposed to be the moral example to the country and its voice. Instead, he actively works against acceptance of "the other" and revs up fear and hate against immigrants, minorities, etc. (pick a group).

He won't acknowledge his role in setting the tone and direction for this murderous slaughter of innocents. The GOP is complicit.

Not that it matters. His supporters know and love the fact he's a liar and "pisses off libruls" despite people dying. The fact the FBI closed down the section devoted to investigating white supremacist violence says far more than any teleprompted condemnation could.
Just like Omar, Cortez, Tlaib, Pressley? Because they sure as HELL do the same thing.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Once again mass shootings are the fault of guns and demagogue politicians

Obviously mass shootings wouldn’t happen if nobody had access to automatic weapons - but that horse has left the barn, and arguing about “common sense” gun control is the same as arguing that a 40 foot wall is the cure for what ails us

There are questions that aren’t being asked here because everybody already has divided into their camps and they have all the answers

Questions like - why are there so many more mass shootings today than there were 40-60 years ago? There are numerous factors ....

my personal belief is that social media makes sociopaths of us all to certain degrees- some more than others. Then we have the mainstreaming of mentally ill people since the 60s-70s. Population centers are a factor - as we increasingly live on top of each other there will be more berserkers. And then there is the innate tribalism of humans. It is increasingly becoming obvious that we cannot get along en masse

But if we must insist that guns are the underlying problem then I say as always - repeal the 2nd Amendment or STFU

Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

The shooter's manifesto also mentions environmental concerns. Can we blame Greenpeace?
Celebrate Diversity.*
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:Once again mass shootings are the fault of guns and demagogue politicians

Obviously mass shootings wouldn’t happen if nobody had access to automatic weapons - but that horse has left the barn, and arguing about “common sense” gun control is the same as arguing that a 40 foot wall is the cure for what ails us

There are questions that aren’t being asked here because everybody already has divided into their camps and they have all the answers

Questions like - why are there so many more mass shootings today than there were 40-60 years ago? There are numerous factors ....

my personal belief is that social media makes sociopaths of us all to certain degrees- some more than others. Then we have the mainstreaming of mentally ill people since the 60s-70s. Population centers are a factor - as we increasingly live on top of each other there will be more berserkers. And then there is the innate tribalism of humans. It is increasingly becoming obvious that we cannot get along en masse

But if we must insist that guns are the underlying problem then I say as always - repeal the 2nd Amendment or STFU

Hot damn...CID! You absolutely fucking balls on nailed this from every angle. :nod: :nod:

And the social media aspect is becoming more and more apparent. As I’ve mentioned before the stupidity and self interest is either being exposed and/or is being driven over into every day life as well.