I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Portland Antifa Violence

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:
Do you fucking make excuses for EVERTYTHING, manbaby? :roll: :roll: :roll:

:coffee:
Your reading comprehension ain’t too good, is it?

It’s JOHN who’s making excuses and excusing away their behavior.
natural mistake, I always get you two confused too...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Spewing personal insults is a sign that one has no real argument. Please make a rational case for the proposition that it is a "symmetrical" situation. You know, that "ANTIFA" has engaged in the same kind of violence as "White Supremacists" have. Numbers on fatalities caused by each group. "ANTIFA" persons engaging in mass shootings vs. "White Supremacists" engaging in mass shootings. That sort of thing.

And the Democrats have NOBODY who is nearly as off the wall as Trump is. Right now, we are in a situation where +80 percent of Republicans support Trump. I'm sorry, but that is the clincher. There is no way the "Left" or the Democrats are as bad as the "Right" and the Republicans are right now.
The fact they’re incompetent doesn’t make them any less dangerous. :roll:

The dems have at least 10 people (off the top of my head) who rival Trump’s level of stupidity. Starting with AOC and Maxine Waters...
Neither are close to Trumpian levels of stupidity. AOC is smart enough that her own party wants to replace her with a corporate drone.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:[

The dems have at least 10 people (off the top of my head) who rival Trump’s level of stupidity. Starting with AOC and Maxine Waters...
I'd go with Maxine Waters but not AOC. If I had to bet I'd bet AOC has a substantially higher IQ than Trump.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:[

I'd go with Maxine Waters but not AOC. If I had to bet I'd bet AOC has a substantially higher IQ than Trump.
IQ has nothing to do with it and you know it. Ted Bundy had a high iQ. The argument isn’t whether they’re “smart” it’s who is more “off the wall” (your words, not mine).
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
IQ has nothing to do with it and you know it. Ted Bundy had a high iQ. The argument isn’t whether they’re “smart” it’s who is more “off the wall” (your words, not mine).
Trump is also more off the wall. And we're experiencing that right now. He probably just lied to us about the China thing, BTW. He saw that the markets were reacting negatively so told us that China made some calls about serious negotiations. That probably was a lie. But we will see.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW let's put it this way:

There are no indications that AOC is mentally ill.

There are PLENTY of indications that Trump is mentally ill.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:BTW let's put it this way:

There’s plenty of indications she’s delusional. Plenty. Either that or #dumberthanaboxofrocks.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Portland Antifa Violence

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:BTW let's put it this way:

There’s plenty of indications she’s delusional. Plenty. Either that or #dumberthanaboxofrocks.
Isn't she an economics major who doesn't understand economics?

And JohnStMengele, her skin is darker than Trump's. How can she be smarter than him without contradicting some of your other theories?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Portland Antifa Violence

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

And JohnStMengele, her skin is darker than Trump's. How can she be smarter than him without contradicting some of your other theories?

Don’t you know? Contradictions are fine in their world... :lol: :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

You mean John StGoebbels has an IQ study on Puerto Ricans on deck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Spewing personal insults is a sign that one has no real argument. Please make a rational case for the proposition that it is a "symmetrical" situation. You know, that "ANTIFA" has engaged in the same kind of violence as "White Supremacists" have. Numbers on fatalities caused by each group. "ANTIFA" persons engaging in mass shootings vs. "White Supremacists" engaging in mass shootings. That sort of thing.

And the Democrats have NOBODY who is nearly as off the wall as Trump is. Right now, we are in a situation where +80 percent of Republicans support Trump. I'm sorry, but that is the clincher. There is no way the "Left" or the Democrats are as bad as the "Right" and the Republicans are right now.

Your count is way off, you omitted twenty some presidential candidates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

css75 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Your count is way off, you omitted twenty some presidential candidates.

I differentiate them in that I think they’re dangerous, not necessarily stupid. Well, to be fair, some are definitely both.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Sports, politics, free expression, branding.

Some interesting stuff to consider here...
Sports
There is an anti-fascist rebellion brewing in the Pacific Northwest. And soccer is at the center of it

The seeds of dissent were visible almost immediately.

Soccer officials had notified the Timbers Army, the main fan organization for the team in Portland, Ore., that the anti-fascist symbol its members had been waving on a giant banner in the north end of the stadium would no longer be permitted at games on the eve of the season earlier this year. The fan group was not happy, releasing a lengthy critique of Major League Soccer’s new rules, and working with team officials for months in meetings to change the rule.

But what began as an internal dispute between the league, the Timbers front office, and the fan group has morphed into a full rebellion in recent weeks
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... lay40zauZo
css75
Level3
Level3

Portland Antifa Violence

Post by css75 »

kalm wrote:Sports, politics, free expression, branding.

Sports
There is an anti-fascist rebellion brewing in the Pacific Northwest. And soccer is at the center of it

Soccer officials had notified the Timbers Army, the main fan organization for the team in Portland, Ore., that the anti-fascist symbol its members had been waving on a giant banner in the north end of the stadium would no longer be permitted at games on the eve of the season earlier this year. The fan group was not happy, releasing a lengthy critique of Major League Soccer’s new rules, and working with team officials for months in meetings to change the rule.

But what began as an internal dispute between the league, the Timbers front office, and the fan group has morphed into a full rebellion in recent weeks
What else do you expect from people who are soccer fans? I am guessing a lot of immigrants attend soccer as their countries of origin don’t play other sports.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

css75 wrote:

What else do you expect from people who are soccer fans? I am guessing a lot of immigrants attend soccer as their countries of origin don’t play other sports.

What are the percentages of foreigners at Timbers or Sounders games? I honestly don’t know. Maybe they’re from Eastern Europe and and have an aversion to Nazis?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Sports

I'm not sure what the answer is here. You know how I feel about Antifa and I don't think their appropriation of the Iron Front symbol is much different than a white supremacist group's appropriation of a nordic symbol. The difference between the Iron Front and Antifa is that the Iron Front was actually opposing Nazis rather than mimicking some of their tactics.

Maybe the Army should adopt the skull and crossbones of FC St. Pauli.
It’s an Anti-Fascist Thing: How an Obscure German Soccer Team Gained a Brooklyn Cult
F.C. St. Pauli is an avowed anti-fascist soccer team based in Hamburg that plays in Germany’s second division and hasn’t won the title in more than 40 years, though it runs a kindergarten inside the stadium, which displays signs proclaiming “no person is illegal.” The club has a worldwide, international fandom that defines itself in opposition to the racism and violence that characterizes European football hooliganism.
FYI - I took my 2 youngest kids to a Timbers game with GA tickets in the Army section and it was one of the best sporting events I've ever experienced! We stood and cheered and chanted the entire game. My daughter is not a soccer fan but she had a blast. I highly recommend the experience.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

UNI88 wrote:

FYI - I took my 2 youngest kids to a Timbers game with GA tickets in the Army section and it was one of the best sporting events I've ever experienced! We stood and cheered and chanted the entire game. My daughter is not a soccer fan but she had a blast. I highly recommend the experience.
That stadium in downtown is one of the great mid town sports venues in the U.S.

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

phpBB [video]

Soy boy at the 1:08 mark. :rofl:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
phpBB [video]

I think the proper police response would be, "If we're Gestapo then you would already be dead."
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff2 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I think the proper police response would be, "If we're Gestapo then you would already be dead."
And if the Trump were a Democrat.....he'd be impeached by now. What's your point?

The point, Jearf, is that comparing the Portland police to the Gestapo is an indicator of not knowing what the Gestapo was

These little pampered crackers don’t know hardship outside of not being able to find a charging station and they’re calling the police (who are arresting another little sh1t for throwing rocks) the Gestapo

With a stretch like that it’s no wonder you feel defensive about them - they’re your rhetorical equivalents
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff2 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
And if the Trump were a Democrat.....he'd be impeached by now. What's your point?

Are you kidding? If Trump were a democrat the House would be blowing him on the south lawn of the White House on a daily basis....
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote:
SDHornet wrote:
phpBB [video]

Boy, he’s a real badass that one... :rofl: :rofl: