Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Political discussions
User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11399
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby Col Hogan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:08 am

houndawg wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:It all comes down to this....if you are black, don't visit Chicago.....if you are anyone, don't visit Texas.



Now c'mon bro, Texas is pretty backward in a lot of ways and is filled with walking redneck jokes, but I've never been to Texas and not had a great time. They are mostly big-hearted people who would literally give you the shirt off their back and they'll argue politics with you for hours in the same way we do it here - in fact, that's the crux of why I'm ok with Texans: they can take it as well as they dish it out and they can make fun of themselves better than you can. Hell, Jeffro, Molly Ivins was from Texas and they don't come no funnier than that. :thumb:


Says the guy from Illinois...

Image
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16780
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby houndawg » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:20 pm

Col Hogan wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Now c'mon bro, Texas is pretty backward in a lot of ways and is filled with walking redneck jokes, but I've never been to Texas and not had a great time. They are mostly big-hearted people who would literally give you the shirt off their back and they'll argue politics with you for hours in the same way we do it here - in fact, that's the crux of why I'm ok with Texans: they can take it as well as they dish it out and they can make fun of themselves better than you can. Hell, Jeffro, Molly Ivins was from Texas and they don't come no funnier than that. :thumb:


Says the guy from Illinois...

Image



Illinois is over-regulated, not backward. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51246
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby AZGrizFan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:43 pm

houndawg wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:The question posed by Jeffie is most likely a dig at Texas gun laws...and the fact that no citizen with a legal gun stopped this mad man...

Well, he was driving around...so that by the time someone with a License to Carry realized what was going on, the mad man was gone...

I’ll take our laws, and the number of armed citizens any day, over Chicago...or Baltimore...or St. Louis any days...

And remember this...an armed citizen is not a police officer...is not a swat team...and I, for one, plan on first making sure my family is protected...then any innocent citizens that I can immediately protect...

I’m not going to ride to the rescue of just anybody or everybody...that’s what the police and swat teams are there for.

So, Jeff, try coming to Odessa or Midland, and pulling a gun in a resturant, or on the street...and find out just how much of a gun-free zone it is...

:coffee:


One of my problems with things as they stand is that your (correct) opinion here is a very minority position judging by the rhetoric of gun owners. In support of their position they invariably fall back to some form of the "good guy with a gun" argument. What they mean is that they want license to be a vigilante without any accountability.


Wrong. What they mean is, when a bad guy with a gun breaks into their house, the good guy with a gun who lives there can defend themselves. But expecting a good guy with a gun to ride to your rescue simply because you’re too lazy to take responsibility for your own life, liberty and pursuit of happiness doesn’t make the good guy with a gun the bad guy.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16780
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby houndawg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:39 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
One of my problems with things as they stand is that your (correct) opinion here is a very minority position judging by the rhetoric of gun owners. In support of their position they invariably fall back to some form of the "good guy with a gun" argument. What they mean is that they want license to be a vigilante without any accountability.


Wrong. What they mean is, when a bad guy with a gun breaks into their house, the good guy with a gun who lives there can defend themselves. But expecting a good guy with a gun to ride to your rescue simply because you’re too lazy to take responsibility for your own life, liberty and pursuit of happiness doesn’t make the good guy with a gun the bad guy.




You always try to change the subject when you start hyper-ventilating. :roll:

You can defend your house the same way I do - with a Remington 870 or something similar. :coffee:


Wait until the gun grabbers figure out that all they have to do is move high-capacity semi-auto weapons into the same BATF category as machine guns.
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51246
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby AZGrizFan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:38 pm

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Wrong. What they mean is, when a bad guy with a gun breaks into their house, the good guy with a gun who lives there can defend themselves. But expecting a good guy with a gun to ride to your rescue simply because you’re too lazy to take responsibility for your own life, liberty and pursuit of happiness doesn’t make the good guy with a gun the bad guy.




You always try to change the subject when you start hyper-ventilating. :roll:

You can defend your house the same way I do - with a Remington 870 or something similar. :coffee:


Wait until the gun grabbers figure out that all they have to do is move high-capacity semi-auto weapons into the same BATF category as machine guns.


Yes, that's the next logical step for them and that's why we don't want to even begin to go down that road. I want the ability to defend my house with whatever the fuck I want to defend my house with. Period. End of discussion. As CID says, you want to change the law, amend the fucking constitution. Absent that, STFU. :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34518
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby CAA Flagship » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:02 pm


houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16780
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby houndawg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:52 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:


You always try to change the subject when you start hyper-ventilating. :roll:

You can defend your house the same way I do - with a Remington 870 or something similar. :coffee:


Wait until the gun grabbers figure out that all they have to do is move high-capacity semi-auto weapons into the same BATF category as machine guns.


Yes, that's the next logical step for them and that's why we don't want to even begin to go down that road. I want the ability to defend my house with whatever the fuck I want to defend my house with. Period. End of discussion. As CID says, you want to change the law, amend the fucking constitution. Absent that, STFU. :nod: :nod:


So join the well-regulated militia. They'll issue you some great stuff you can use to defend your home. They'll keep them safe in an armory, and you can bear them when necessary.:coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2505
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby css75 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:28 am

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Yes, that's the next logical step for them and that's why we don't want to even begin to go down that road. I want the ability to defend my house with whatever the fuck I want to defend my house with. Period. End of discussion. As CID says, you want to change the law, amend the fucking constitution. Absent that, STFU. :nod: :nod:


So join the well-regulated militia. They'll issue you some great stuff you can use to defend your home. They'll keep them safe in an armory, and you can bear them when necessary.:coffee:



You do not understand 2nd amendment well do you?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33420
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby 89Hen » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:53 am

css75 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
So join the well-regulated militia. They'll issue you some great stuff you can use to defend your home. They'll keep them safe in an armory, and you can bear them when necessary.:coffee:



You do not understand 2nd amendment well do you?

Yeah, that was perhaps the most stupid comment I've seen HD make, and that's saying something. :suspicious:
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21598
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby CID1990 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 pm

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Yes, that's the next logical step for them and that's why we don't want to even begin to go down that road. I want the ability to defend my house with whatever the fuck I want to defend my house with. Period. End of discussion. As CID says, you want to change the law, amend the fucking constitution. Absent that, STFU. :nod: :nod:


So join the well-regulated militia. They'll issue you some great stuff you can use to defend your home. They'll keep them safe in an armory, and you can bear them when necessary.:coffee:


“Keep” is not a complex English word

Not sure why you are having trouble with it

I know airplanes just fly over you there and don’t stop but that doesn’t mean they didn’t teach comprehension down at the schoolhouse


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21598
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby CID1990 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:32 am

Hmm... it sure does sound like Democrats want to take your guns -

Image

While Republicans are in favor of background checks and disallowing guns to people who a judge finds dangerous.... ol Beto comes out and gives the NRA a campaign ad for the next 20 years

Congrats!
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21598
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby CID1990 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:05 pm

This was posted on the Occupy Democrats facebooks:

Image

Democrats totally don’t want to ban guns

(They also totally understand the difference between things that are enshrined in the Constitution and things that are not)
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16780
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby houndawg » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:55 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:


You always try to change the subject when you start hyper-ventilating. :roll:

You can defend your house the same way I do - with a Remington 870 or something similar. :coffee:


Wait until the gun grabbers figure out that all they have to do is move high-capacity semi-auto weapons into the same BATF category as machine guns.


Yes, that's the next logical step for them and that's why we don't want to even begin to go down that road. I want the ability to defend my house with whatever the fuck I want to defend my house with. Period. End of discussion. As CID says, you want to change the law, amend the fucking constitution. Absent that, STFU. :nod: :nod:


Bottom line: If they want your guns they'll take them and there ain't shit you can do about it. All these tough mofos here and I bet not one of them will have their gun pried from their cold dead hands. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

mainejeff2
Level1
Level1
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:40 am

Re: Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby mainejeff2 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:03 am

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Yes, that's the next logical step for them and that's why we don't want to even begin to go down that road. I want the ability to defend my house with whatever the fuck I want to defend my house with. Period. End of discussion. As CID says, you want to change the law, amend the fucking constitution. Absent that, STFU. :nod: :nod:


Bottom line: If they want your guns they'll take them and there ain't shit you can do about it. All these tough mofos here and I bet not one of them will have their gun pried from their cold dead hands. :coffee:


Amen to that.

And one more thing.....I would bet my life on a "Republican" taking your guns before a "Democrat" ever does. :nod: Republicans know how to spin & sell their ideas because they have NO fear....and NO conscience. :nod: :nod: :nod:

This "guns enshrined in the Constitution" BS will eventually look retarded when society finally gets the guts to have common sense gun laws......political shenanigans willl be tough to overcome though in our current set-up.

:coffee:

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16780
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Is Odessa-Midland, Texas a gun-free zone?

Postby houndawg » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:51 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:


You always try to change the subject when you start hyper-ventilating. :roll:

You can defend your house the same way I do - with a Remington 870 or something similar. :coffee:


Wait until the gun grabbers figure out that all they have to do is move high-capacity semi-auto weapons into the same BATF category as machine guns.


Yes, that's the next logical step for them and that's why we don't want to even begin to go down that road. I want the ability to defend my house with whatever the fuck I want to defend my house with. Period. End of discussion. As CID says, you want to change the law, amend the fucking constitution. Absent that, STFU. :nod: :nod:


That's the beauty of it Z, don't have to anything but some paperwork to move the high-capacity semi-autos into a category that is a better fit for them! :thumb:

I wonder if Hillary has thought of this yet?
Subvert the dominant paradigm


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baldy, bearkat91 and 64 guests