Bolton Out

Political discussions
User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42288
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Bolton Out

Postby kalm » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:48 am

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Five bucks says Bolton protested Trump inviting the Taliban to Camp David a little too forcefully. He would not have been happy about it.

That’s the current buzz around DC. Maybe Hannity will get Bolton to open up about it.

The good news is that Bolton is gone. The bad news is that Trump is on his own.


These last two posts ^^^^^^^ :nod:

And Fiver’s meme... :rofl:
Image
Image
Image

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23097
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Bolton Out

Postby Ivytalk » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:05 am

HI54UNI wrote:Image

:rofl:

Only Milton was more likable.
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 42900
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Bolton Out

Postby dbackjon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:54 am

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Five bucks says Bolton protested Trump inviting the Taliban to Camp David a little too forcefully. He would not have been happy about it.

That’s the current buzz around DC. Maybe Hannity will get Bolton to open up about it.

The good news is that Bolton is gone. The bad news is that Trump is on his own.


:nod: :nod:
Image
Image

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33280
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Bolton Out

Postby 89Hen » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 am

mainejeff2 wrote:Trump can do no wrong! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:coffee:

You're finally on the Trump train!
Image

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16727
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Bolton Out

Postby houndawg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:07 pm

CID1990 wrote:Five bucks says Bolton protested Trump inviting the Taliban to Camp David a little too forcefully. He would not have been happy about it.


Try to fathom the caliber of the wackjobs you need to surround yourself with to make Bolton look like the reasonable one.
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51158
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Bolton Out

Postby AZGrizFan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Suddenly Bolton is the reasonable one. My how the worm has turned now that he's out on his ass.

You donks are nothing if not predictable.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 42900
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Bolton Out

Postby dbackjon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:46 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:Suddenly Bolton is the reasonable one. My how the worm has turned now that he's out on his ass.

You donks are nothing if not predictable.


:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No. Bolton was not reasonable. But your fuhrer is capable of appointing someone far worse, and your GOP lackeys in the Senate will rubber stamp the insanity, as usual.\



You conks are nothing if not predictable
Image
Image

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17557
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Bolton Out

Postby JohnStOnge » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:11 pm

Even before I swore off voting Republican due to the Republican Party nominating Trump I thought Bolton is a nut job. The fact that he ever got into ANY position of influence in ANY Administration is disconcerting.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51158
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Bolton Out

Postby AZGrizFan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:50 pm

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Suddenly Bolton is the reasonable one. My how the worm has turned now that he's out on his ass.

You donks are nothing if not predictable.


:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No. Bolton was not reasonable. But your fuhrer is capable of appointing someone far worse, and your GOP lackeys in the Senate will rubber stamp the insanity, as usual.\



You conks are nothing if not predictable


So now you've got a crystal ball? You donks are nothing if not predictable.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21463
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Bolton Out

Postby CID1990 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:12 pm

I’m hearing Bolton also protested when Trump contemplated lifting some Iran sanctions as an olive branch to get them to the table - that would make sense too

So basically, we have a neocon hawk who gets fired by a President who (through his own actions and statements) is in favor of nonintervention and also using the carrot on a stick to manipulate bad actors

and that neocon hawk is now being used as a yardstick for how wrong Trump is on foreign policy?

makes total sense


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51158
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Bolton Out

Postby AZGrizFan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:15 pm

CID1990 wrote:I’m hearing Bolton also protested when Trump contemplated lifting some Iran sanctions as an olive branch to get them to the table - that would make sense too

So basically, we have a neocon hawk who gets fired by a President who (through his own actions and statements) is in favor of nonintervention and also using the carrot on a stick to manipulate bad actors

and that neocon hawk is now being used as a yardstick for how wrong Trump is on foreign policy?

makes total sense


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


It does in the twisted, fucked up, convoluted Donk world where Orange Man Bad no matter WHAT he does... :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23097
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Bolton Out

Postby Ivytalk » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:15 pm

CID1990 wrote:I’m hearing Bolton also protested when Trump contemplated lifting some Iran sanctions as an olive branch to get them to the table - that would make sense too

So basically, we have a neocon hawk who gets fired by a President who (through his own actions and statements) is in favor of nonintervention and also using the carrot on a stick to manipulate bad actors

and that neocon hawk is now being used as a yardstick for how wrong Trump is on foreign policy?

makes total sense


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem that I have with this analysis is that it presumes that Trump has the mental staying power/skill set “to manipulate bad actors” into some type of durable agreement. His instinct for a “deal” of any type is so evanescent-short term that nothing ever gets done. Exhibit A: The NorKors. Trump has no anchor to windward. Pompeo, at bottom, is a political hack who is using Trump for his own purposes.
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21463
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Bolton Out

Postby CID1990 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:03 pm

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:I’m hearing Bolton also protested when Trump contemplated lifting some Iran sanctions as an olive branch to get them to the table - that would make sense too

So basically, we have a neocon hawk who gets fired by a President who (through his own actions and statements) is in favor of nonintervention and also using the carrot on a stick to manipulate bad actors

and that neocon hawk is now being used as a yardstick for how wrong Trump is on foreign policy?

makes total sense


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem that I have with this analysis is that it presumes that Trump has the mental staying power/skill set “to manipulate bad actors” into some type of durable agreement. His instinct for a “deal” of any type is so evanescent-short term that nothing ever gets done. Exhibit A: The NorKors. Trump has no anchor to windward. Pompeo, at bottom, is a political hack who is using Trump for his own purposes.


I don’t think he does either - but through his words and actions he has demonstrated that he is a noninterventionist, and he has also demonstrated that he is willing to make security or trade deals on terms favorable to the US, optics be damned (Taliban at Camp David)

Whether he is a master deal maker or a charlatan is immaterial. Using John Bolton’s departure as some kind of a canary in the coal mine on Trump’s foreign policy is the height of hypocrisy for Trump’s opponents. It is truly an “Orange Man Bad” moment


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12091
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Bolton Out

Postby SDHornet » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Ivytalk wrote:For now, one less warmonger.

This. It's a good thing this warmongering neocon is out. :clap:

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12091
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Bolton Out

Postby SDHornet » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:09 pm

HI54UNI wrote:Image

:lol:
:ohno:

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12091
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Bolton Out

Postby SDHornet » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:13 pm

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:The problem that I have with this analysis is that it presumes that Trump has the mental staying power/skill set “to manipulate bad actors” into some type of durable agreement. His instinct for a “deal” of any type is so evanescent-short term that nothing ever gets done. Exhibit A: The NorKors. Trump has no anchor to windward. Pompeo, at bottom, is a political hack who is using Trump for his own purposes.


I don’t think he does either - but through his words and actions he has demonstrated that he is a noninterventionist, and he has also demonstrated that he is willing to make security or trade deals on terms favorable to the US, optics be damned (Taliban at Camp David)

Whether he is a master deal maker or a charlatan is immaterial. Using John Bolton’s departure as some kind of a canary in the coal mine on Trump’s foreign policy is the height of hypocrisy for Trump’s opponents. It is truly an “Orange Man Bad” moment


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, don't spoil their "Orange Man Bad" fun.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23097
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Bolton Out

Postby Ivytalk » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:23 am

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:The problem that I have with this analysis is that it presumes that Trump has the mental staying power/skill set “to manipulate bad actors” into some type of durable agreement. His instinct for a “deal” of any type is so evanescent-short term that nothing ever gets done. Exhibit A: The NorKors. Trump has no anchor to windward. Pompeo, at bottom, is a political hack who is using Trump for his own purposes.


I don’t think he does either - but through his words and actions he has demonstrated that he is a noninterventionist, and he has also demonstrated that he is willing to make security or trade deals on terms favorable to the US, optics be damned (Taliban at Camp David)

Whether he is a master deal maker or a charlatan is immaterial. Using John Bolton’s departure as some kind of a canary in the coal mine on Trump’s foreign policy is the height of hypocrisy for Trump’s opponents. It is truly an “Orange Man Bad” moment


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But Trump hasn’t followed through to cut a single deal on security, and his record on actual trade agreements remains to be seen. It seems to be a matter of showmanship with him. Plus he has a notoriously short attention span beyond the next news cycle, leading him to treat Kim Jong-un like a yo-yo with nothing to show for it. I agree on his apparent noninterventionist instincts but, again, we need to see follow-through. Afghanistan troop withdrawal will be a clearer sign, if it happens.
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21463
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Bolton Out

Postby CID1990 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:24 am

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I don’t think he does either - but through his words and actions he has demonstrated that he is a noninterventionist, and he has also demonstrated that he is willing to make security or trade deals on terms favorable to the US, optics be damned (Taliban at Camp David)

Whether he is a master deal maker or a charlatan is immaterial. Using John Bolton’s departure as some kind of a canary in the coal mine on Trump’s foreign policy is the height of hypocrisy for Trump’s opponents. It is truly an “Orange Man Bad” moment


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, don't spoil their "Orange Man Bad" fun.


Seriously - up is down with some of these people

Republicans aren’t the only ones who are going to have to answer for their bullcrap after Trump is gone

It makes “the 1980s called” look like a minor miscalculation


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21463
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Bolton Out

Postby CID1990 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:33 am

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I don’t think he does either - but through his words and actions he has demonstrated that he is a noninterventionist, and he has also demonstrated that he is willing to make security or trade deals on terms favorable to the US, optics be damned (Taliban at Camp David)

Whether he is a master deal maker or a charlatan is immaterial. Using John Bolton’s departure as some kind of a canary in the coal mine on Trump’s foreign policy is the height of hypocrisy for Trump’s opponents. It is truly an “Orange Man Bad” moment


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But Trump hasn’t followed through to cut a single deal on security, and his record on actual trade agreements remains to be seen. It seems to be a matter of showmanship with him. Plus he has a notoriously short attention span beyond the next news cycle, leading him to treat Kim Jong-un like a yo-yo with nothing to show for it. I agree on his apparent noninterventionist instincts but, again, we need to see follow-through. Afghanistan troop withdrawal will be a clearer sign, if it happens.


Maybe- but my point is that he has repeatedly indicated that we don’t belong in overseas quagmires, and he hasn’t escalated while Iran shows their collective ass and China becomes much mire provocative in the S China Sea. He has done nothing to indicate that he is interested in expending American blood and treasure in what should be other people’s fights. And he’s fired the hawks that have been in his ear. So for me, in terms of overseas adventurism, Trump is an A while Obama was a C- and Bush was an F. And firing Bolton makes up for the idiocy of hiring him in the first place.

Realpolitik alone will keep us in Afghanistan. But I guarantee that if there’s one person who can pull us out - consequences be damned - it is Trump.

And mark my words - if any of these Dems wind up in the Oval Office in 2020 we will be in Afghanistan for their entire tenure. MAYBE Yang would pull us out. Maybe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21463
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Bolton Out

Postby CID1990 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:34 am

Oh and BTW....

Mornin Ivy!

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51137
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Bolton Out

Postby Ibanez » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:35 am

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:But Trump hasn’t followed through to cut a single deal on security, and his record on actual trade agreements remains to be seen. It seems to be a matter of showmanship with him. Plus he has a notoriously short attention span beyond the next news cycle, leading him to treat Kim Jong-un like a yo-yo with nothing to show for it. I agree on his apparent noninterventionist instincts but, again, we need to see follow-through. Afghanistan troop withdrawal will be a clearer sign, if it happens.


Maybe- but my point is that he has repeatedly indicated that we don’t belong in overseas quagmires, and he hasn’t escalated while Iran shows their collective ass and China becomes much mire provocative in the S China Sea. He has done nothing to indicate that he is interested in expending American blood and treasure in what should be other people’s fights. And he’s fired the hawks that have been in his ear. So for me, in terms of overseas adventurism, Trump is an A while Obama was a C- and Bush was an F. And firing Bolton makes up for the idiocy of hiring him in the first place.

Realpolitik alone will keep us in Afghanistan. But I guarantee that if there’s one person who can pull us out - consequences be damned - it is Trump.

And mark my words - if any of these Dems wind up in the Oval Office in 2020 we will be in Afghanistan for their entire tenure. MAYBE Yang would pull us out. Maybe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I like this assessment. :thumb: Trumps pattern is obvious - he tweets and staggers from one thing to another with no real promise or action being taken towards the goal. Aside from his mere presence lifting the stock market, he really hasn't accomplished anything of long term value - at least nothing that I can think of at the moment. He's for the quick gain, nothing more. For a guy that was going to hire the best people, he certainly has picked some duds. Or has been erratic enough to chase off some that were actually worth a damn (Kelly, Haley, Mathis, for example).

You're right - consequences be damned - Trump is the best person to pull us out of Afghanistan. We don't have a clear exit strategy there. Let's leave but make it known, that if you screw with us the full weight of the US Military Complex will come down on you with unrelenting force. :coffee: :twocents:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51158
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Bolton Out

Postby AZGrizFan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:00 am

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I don’t think he does either - but through his words and actions he has demonstrated that he is a noninterventionist, and he has also demonstrated that he is willing to make security or trade deals on terms favorable to the US, optics be damned (Taliban at Camp David)

Whether he is a master deal maker or a charlatan is immaterial. Using John Bolton’s departure as some kind of a canary in the coal mine on Trump’s foreign policy is the height of hypocrisy for Trump’s opponents. It is truly an “Orange Man Bad” moment


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But Trump hasn’t followed through to cut a single deal on security, and his record on actual trade agreements remains to be seen. It seems to be a matter of showmanship with him. Plus he has a notoriously short attention span beyond the next news cycle, leading him to treat Kim Jong-un like a yo-yo with nothing to show for it. I agree on his apparent noninterventionist instincts but, again, we need to see follow-through. Afghanistan troop withdrawal will be a clearer sign, if it happens.


Huh. Who would have thunk it? :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5764
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: Bolton Out

Postby UNI88 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:48 am

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:But Trump hasn’t followed through to cut a single deal on security, and his record on actual trade agreements remains to be seen. It seems to be a matter of showmanship with him. Plus he has a notoriously short attention span beyond the next news cycle, leading him to treat Kim Jong-un like a yo-yo with nothing to show for it. I agree on his apparent noninterventionist instincts but, again, we need to see follow-through. Afghanistan troop withdrawal will be a clearer sign, if it happens.


Maybe- but my point is that he has repeatedly indicated that we don’t belong in overseas quagmires, and he hasn’t escalated while Iran shows their collective ass and China becomes much mire provocative in the S China Sea. He has done nothing to indicate that he is interested in expending American blood and treasure in what should be other people’s fights. And he’s fired the hawks that have been in his ear. So for me, in terms of overseas adventurism, Trump is an A while Obama was a C- and Bush was an F. And firing Bolton makes up for the idiocy of hiring him in the first place.

Realpolitik alone will keep us in Afghanistan. But I guarantee that if there’s one person who can pull us out - consequences be damned - it is Trump.

And mark my words - if any of these Dems wind up in the Oval Office in 2020 we will be in Afghanistan for their entire tenure. MAYBE Yang would pull us out. Maybe.


CID's rocking this thread and Ivy's asking good questions.

What's worse Trump's bluster and lack of follow-through or a neo-con POTUS that actually intervenes?

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2496
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Bolton Out

Postby css75 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:44 am

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Five bucks says Bolton protested Trump inviting the Taliban to Camp David a little too forcefully. He would not have been happy about it.


Try to fathom the caliber of the wackjobs you need to surround yourself with to make Bolton look like the reasonable one.


When did you become a Bolton fan?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23097
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Bolton Out

Postby Ivytalk » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:34 pm

CID1990 wrote:Oh and BTW....

Mornin Ivy!

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet!
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SeattleGriz, TheDancinMonarch, tribe_pride, UNI88 and 79 guests