Bolton Out

Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17486
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Bolton Out

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
I completely agree with you
There likely wouldn't have been an "Iraq war" with Trump

and he never would have been foolishly lured into Afghanistan like Obama

Trump is a twit and a twat
but he's not a puppet of the Pentagon
Well Obama wasn’t lured into Afghanistan ... we were already there. But he did call it the “good war” ... and he ran on getting out of Iraq which he made a good faith but very sloppy effort to do.

He doubled down on Afghanistan it is true - but I was never under the impression that getting out was high on his list of priorities because he really didn’t campaign on it.

These “wars” have a certain political inertia to them. They are a lot like entitlements... stopping them before the layman’s idea of victory can be more politically damaging than starting them


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of the ballsiest political decisions I've seen in my time was HW Bush pulling the plug on Desert Storm when the whole nation was hollering "On to Baghdad" and collectively jizzing themselves about all things Schwarzkopf.
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55247
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: Bolton Out

Post by 93henfan »

phpBB [video]
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47." - Beta O'Rourke

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23535
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Bolton Out

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
So obviously GD doesn’t need a war to go on a war footing...

Case closed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Venezuela was buying lots of 20mm I recall and there a few visits by reps of other countries. Killing doesn't stop just because there aren't any wars. All of which have always been and still are fought for money as somebody said a long time ago. I'm curious as to how you've come to the conclusion that nobody is making any money on our wars?
That’s way off the beaten path of what you alleged earlier (CEOs got us into wars) but yeah, mm hmm, OK

As for your straw man in the last sentence... I don’t respond to diversionary fallacious logic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17486
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Bolton Out

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Venezuela was buying lots of 20mm I recall and there a few visits by reps of other countries. Killing doesn't stop just because there aren't any wars. All of which have always been and still are fought for money as somebody said a long time ago. I'm curious as to how you've come to the conclusion that nobody is making any money on our wars?
That’s way off the beaten path of what you alleged earlier (CEOs got us into wars) but yeah, mm hmm, OK

As for your straw man in the last sentence... I don’t respond to diversionary fallacious logic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never said CEOs got us into wars, that was you. I said Afghanistan is about profits. Like all wars. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23535
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Bolton Out

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
That’s way off the beaten path of what you alleged earlier (CEOs got us into wars) but yeah, mm hmm, OK

As for your straw man in the last sentence... I don’t respond to diversionary fallacious logic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never said CEOs got us into wars, that was you. I said Afghanistan is about profits. Like all wars. :coffee:
It sure sounds like you did

“I'm referring to the usual corporate war-mongers we've all grown up with and their bootlickers in Congress.”




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17486
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Bolton Out

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Never said CEOs got us into wars, that was you. I said Afghanistan is about profits. Like all wars. :coffee:
It sure sounds like you did

“I'm referring to the usual corporate war-mongers we've all grown up with and their bootlickers in Congress.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Corporations are people too, the CEO works for the shareholders who reap the profits. You know, like DOW Chemical or DuPont during Vietnam. The CEO is just implementing the wishes of the shareholders so he can maximize his bonus opportunity.
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23535
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Bolton Out

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
It sure sounds like you did

“I'm referring to the usual corporate war-mongers we've all grown up with and their bootlickers in Congress.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Corporations are people too, the CEO works for the shareholders who reap the profits. You know, like DOW Chemical or DuPont during Vietnam. The CEO is just implementing the wishes of the shareholders so he can maximize his bonus opportunity.
I like coaxing more than one 6 - word sentence out of you, Pỉtchfork Peter

you said it, own it - Corporate CEOs take us to war.

Or do you disagree, Grandpa?

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17486
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Bolton Out

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:


Corporations are people too, the CEO works for the shareholders who reap the profits. You know, like DOW Chemical or DuPont during Vietnam. The CEO is just implementing the wishes of the shareholders so he can maximize his bonus opportunity.
I like coaxing more than one 6 - word sentence out of you, Pỉtchfork Peter

you said it, own it - Corporate CEOs take us to war.

Or do you disagree, Grandpa?

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol:

I think your letting your personal feelings affect your objectivity. But like Paul Simon says: "...a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.." :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

Post Reply