The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:I’m already bored by the whole Trump-Ukie fiasco. What has been made abundantly clear to me in the past week is that Stephen Miller is an Uber-creep who is probably a direct descendant of Joseph Goebbels. Which is a neat trick for a Jewish guy.
Miller is a pox on the White House.

I’ve been in/out of meetings, what’s this news about Trump pressuring the Aussies to do something with Mueller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:I’m already bored by the whole Trump-Ukie fiasco. What has been made abundantly clear to me in the past week is that Stephen Miller is an Uber-creep who is probably a direct descendant of Joseph Goebbels. Which is a neat trick for a Jewish guy.
Miller is a pox on the White House.

I’ve been in/out of meetings, what’s this news about Trump pressuring the Aussies to do something with Mueller?

Trumps Attorney (who happens to double as the US AG) has been flying around trying to dig up dirt to use against our own intelligence and law enforcement agencies for investigating the 2016 election. They’re probably all guilty of treason just like Schiff and the whistleblower.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... DsQZ2pJ1qa
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

The past 48 hrs every Democrat has been acting like this...

:rofl:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Miller is a pox on the White House.

Trumps Attorney (who happens to double as the US AG) has been flying around trying to dig up dirt to use against our own intelligence and law enforcement agencies for investigating the 2016 election. They’re probably all guilty of treason just like Schiff and the whistleblower.

Fake news. What’s Fox say about this?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Jeff Sessions may not have been the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but he had an ethical compass and an ability to identify a conflict of interest.AG Barr : not so much.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:The past 48 hrs every Democrat has been acting like this...

:rofl:
Perfect!

:lol:

(Love that movie)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote:
kalm wrote:

Fake news. What’s Fox say about this?

WaPo was wrong about collusion and Fox was right.

Just saying.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Another Right Wing talking point that has been making the rounds swatted down by the ICIG
The Disclosure of Urgent Concern form the Complainant submitted on August 12, 2019 is
the same form the ICIG has had in place since May 24, 2018, which went into effect before
Inspector General Atkinson entered on duty as the Inspector General of the Intelligence
Community on May 29, 2018, following his swearing in as the Inspector General of the
Intelligence Community on May 17, 2018. Although the form requests information about whether
the Complainant possesses first-hand knowledge about the matter about which he or she is lodging
the complaint, there is no such requirement set forth in the statute. In fact, by law the Complainant
– or any individual in the Intelligence Community who wants to report information with respect
to an urgent concern to the congressional intelligence committees – need not possess first-hand
information in order to file a complaint or information with respect to an urgent concern. The
ICIG cannot add conditions to the filing of an urgent concern that do not exist in law. Since
Inspector General Atkinson entered on duty as the Inspector General of the Intelligence
Community, the ICIG has not rejected the filing of an alleged urgent concern due to a
whistleblower’s lack of first-hand knowledge of the allegations.
The Complainant on the form he or she submitted on August 12, 2019 in fact checked two
relevant boxes: The first box stated that, “I have personal and/or direct knowledge of events or
records involved”; and the second box stated that, “Other employees have told me about events or
records involved.”
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 9886426780
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Take a vote already.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Another Right Wing talking point that has been making the rounds swatted down by the ICIG
The Disclosure of Urgent Concern form the Complainant submitted on August 12, 2019 is
the same form the ICIG has had in place since May 24, 2018, which went into effect before
Community on May 29, 2018, following his swearing in as the Inspector General of the
Intelligence Community on May 17, 2018. Although the form requests information about whether
the Complainant possesses first-hand knowledge about the matter about which he or she is lodging
the complaint, there is no such requirement set forth in the statute. In fact, by law the Complainant
– or any individual in the Intelligence Community who wants to report information with respect
to an urgent concern to the congressional intelligence committees – need not possess first-hand
information in order to file a complaint or information with respect to an urgent concern. The
ICIG cannot add conditions to the filing of an urgent concern that do not exist in law. Since
Community, the ICIG has not rejected the filing of an alleged urgent concern due to a
The Complainant on the form he or she submitted on August 12, 2019 in fact checked two
relevant boxes: The first box stated that, “I have personal and/or direct knowledge of events or
records involved”; and the second box stated that, “Other employees have told me about events or
records involved.”
Which one? That his knowledge of the Ukraine call was secondhand?

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

That the regs were changed in August. You still standing by that one?
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Another Right Wing talking point that has been making the rounds swatted down by the ICIG
records involved.”
Wow. I feel good about correctly reading the statute before I posted that first hand knowledge is not required by the statute.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

How 'bout Kevin McCarthy accusing Scott Pelley of 60 minutes of adding a word to what's in the memo of phone call when Pelly did not:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 25931.html

And BTW the Speaker DID wait on what they called "the transcript." What this guy showed is that he doesn't know what's in the memo. Or at least he didn't when he sat down for that interview.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Doesn’t matter. If it’s illegal it should be investigated, right?
Agreed. Add Clinton and Biden to the “investigation” list and I’m all for it.
We already know Biden didn't do anything illegal.
Could I ever be a star?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Do you love the "Trump appointee" bologna? Or too salty?
Hmmm. Semms like lifelong Republican and Trump appointee is a back stabber. Told ya!

https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/30/to ... wer-rules/
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Richard Engel tweeted that earlier from Russia (with love).
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
You're absolutely positive that Biden didn't do anything illegal? Ever?

I do love how you give Biden, the Clinton's etc. the benefit of the doubt if there are no charges filed but any whiff of scandal around Trump and he's automatically guilty. Any rational person knows that he's a sociopathic scumbag who is too vain to properly cover his tracks.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
You're absolutely positive that Biden didn't do anything illegal? Ever?

I do love how you give Biden, the Clinton's etc. the benefit of the doubt if there are no charges filed but any whiff of scandal around Trump and he's automatically guilty. Any rational person knows that he's a sociopathic scumbag who is too vain to properly cover his tracks.
He saw nothing wrong with the black Israelites in the Covington Catholic brouhaha either.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Fake news. What’s Fox say about this?

WaPo was wrong about collusion and Fox was right.

Just saying.
Ooh. 1 example. That doesn’t make one better or more reliable than another.

Meanwhile - Trump appointed IG says the whistleblower has first hand knowledge of some evidence. What a traitor, right?

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Do you love the "Trump appointee" bologna? Or too salty?
Hmmm. Semms like lifelong Republican and Trump appointee is a back stabber. Told ya!

Wow. Anyone who speaks up is a back stabber?

I wonder if you’d feel the same if this were a Democrat. I’m sure you would. You conservatives have such unwavering principles.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

I wonder if you’d feel the same if this were a Democrat. I’m sure you would. You conservatives have such unwavering principles.

You're missing the context. Skelly used the qualifier of the ICIG being a lifelong Republican and Trump appointee as some sort of shield to protect him from criticism a couple days ago.

I told him he was looking at it wrong. He should be looking at it via political class vs people and Trump isn't in their class, and what do you know, he seems to have helped hearsay become the new norm for whistleblowers.

While I do like that Dems are going to get their comeuppance, I am more about the political vs people. I'm not a big fan of two sets of rules.

It's why I like Trump. He's the perfect asshole our elected assholes (political class) deserves to deal with.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

You're missing the context. Skelly used the qualifier of the ICIG being a lifelong Republican and Trump appointee as some sort of shield to protect him from criticism a couple days ago.

I told him he was looking at it wrong. He should be looking at it via political class vs people and Trump isn't in their class, and what do you know, he seems to have helped hearsay become the new norm for whistleblowers.
Why should it be viewed your way? Let’s take things at face value- Trump and the White House have corroborated what the whistle blower has said. Plus the IG has said that the whistle blower is a SME with first hand information that had been corroborated during the review of the complaint.

So whats your problem- that someone has stood up and said something was wrong or that Trump admitted to it?

If y’all are like Graham or Jordan - then it’s clear you want to attack the source.

There are a lot of people in this thread acting like they have first hand knowledge of Biden and Trump when in reality they only have political spin.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

Why should it be viewed your way? Let’s take things at face value- Trump and the White House have corroborated what the whistle blower has said. Plus the IG has said that the whistle blower is a SME with first hand information that had been corroborated during the review of the complaint.

So whats your problem- that someone has stood up and said something was wrong or that Trump admitted to it?

If y’all are like Graham or Jordan - then it’s clear you want to attack the source.

There are a lot of people in this thread acting like they have first hand knowledge of Biden and Trump when in reality they only have political spin.

No one has to view it my way, but by the same token, trying to label someone as beyond reproach just because they happen to have been appointed by Trump, makes no sense either.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

I didn't say he was beyond reproach. :roll:

The fact that he was appointed by Trump means Trump had the decision to give him the job or not. I guess he liked what he saw? Or no? A Deep Stater in the White House tricked him?
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote:I didn't say he was beyond reproach. :roll:

The fact that he was appointed by Trump means Trump had the decision to give him the job or not. I guess he liked what he saw? Or no? A Deep Stater in the White House tricked him?
I would say he probably had a limited amount of choices. He only has so many in his own pool to draw upon. Look at Jeff Sessions.