Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
One guy saw it differently. Interesting. Does his opinion negate someone elses? Is that how it works?
You can't have a different opinion about facts.
:dunce:
Two people can have different views of facts. It's called bias. Interpretation.

That is literally what Trump does when he speaks. :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: You can't have a different opinion about facts.
:dunce:

Ok, you're referring to the Lt Col and Morrison. I wasn't clear, I was referring to the articles/headlines:
Nat Review and others: Morrison's testimony didn't contradict...
CNN/Wa Po/et al: Morrison's testimony contradicted...

Well, one of those 2 headlines is fake news. And going by direct quotes of Morrison's, it's pretty clear which of those is fake news..

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: :dunce:

Ok, you're referring to the Lt Col and Morrison. I wasn't clear, I was referring to the articles/headlines:
Nat Review and others: Morrison's testimony didn't contradict
CNN/Wa Po/et al: Morrison's testimony contradicted..

Well, one of those 2 headlines is fake news.
Not fake news. Its wrong. It's Inaccurate. It's misleading. CNN said early in the morning that they expected corroboration, though I don't recall what their basis for that was.

Fake news is such a bullshit term.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Ok, you're referring to the Lt Col and Morrison. I wasn't clear, I was referring to the articles/headlines:
Nat Review and others: Morrison's testimony didn't contradict
CNN/Wa Po/et al: Morrison's testimony contradicted..

Well, one of those 2 headlines is fake news.
Not fake news. Its wrong. It's Inaccurate. It's misleading. CNN said early in the morning that they expected corroboration, though I don't recall what their basis for that was.

Yeah, in other words, its FAKE.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Not fake news. Its wrong. It's Inaccurate. It's misleading. CNN said early in the morning that they expected corroboration, though I don't recall what their basis for that was.

Yeah, in other words, its FAKE.
No..fake is like a forgery. Or a sham. Fake designer jeans. Fake video of Obama slam dunking from the free throw line. Those headlines are real. They're just wrong. Yellow Journalism.

Before 2016 you would've called them misleading or inaccurate. You're only saying fake b/c you support Trump blindly and are deep within the cult of personality.

89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Yeah, in other words, its FAKE.
No..fake is like a forgery. Or a sham. Fake designer jeans. Fake video of Obama slam dunking from the free throw line. Those headlines are real. They're just wrong. Yellow Journalism.

Before 2016 you would've called them misleading or inaccurate. You're only saying fake b/c you support Trump blindly and are deep within the cult of personality.
IMO inaccurate and misleading are VERY different things. Misleading is an intentional act and therefore "fake". Fake designer jeans are made to look like the real thing on purpose.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:

Boy, that's splittin' hairs, Mark.

If they're wrong on purpose (or with an agenda) then it's absolutely fake. Like ABC's video. wrong with an agenda. Fake.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: No..fake is like a forgery. Or a sham. Fake designer jeans. Fake video of Obama slam dunking from the free throw line. Those headlines are real. They're just wrong. Yellow Journalism.

If they're wrong on purpose (or with an agenda) then it's absolutely fake. Like ABC's video. wrong with an agenda. Fake.
I think deceitful would be a more accurate word but that's too high falutin for the base.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

I think deceitful would be a more accurate word but that's too high falutin for the base.
Doesn't roll off the tongue like "fake news"... :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:

Intentional misleading is FAKE NEWS..

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
The knuckle dragging deplorables don't understand it like they do "fake news"... :lol: :lol:
FYP :lol:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The left couldn't get Trump on the Russian Collusion Delusion. And when they can't get him on Ukraine, they'll try to impeach him on something else. Calling it right now, they'll try to bring up stuff other than Ukraine on this shampeachment farce..

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
Ibanez wrote: No..fake is like a forgery. Or a sham. Fake designer jeans. Fake video of Obama slam dunking from the free throw line. Those headlines are real. They're just wrong. Yellow Journalism.

IMO inaccurate and misleading are VERY different things. Misleading is an intentional act and therefore "fake". Fake designer jeans are made to look like the real thing on purpose.
I can see your point. I didn't see it that way. :thumb:

Still, nobody would be saying "fake news" if POTUS hadn't started saying it about everything that's critical about him or about something he doesn't like.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

That's the word. Deceitful.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Doesn't roll off the tongue like "fake news"... :lol: :lol:
I'll give him this...fake news is a better sound bite.

Winterborn
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Those darn multi-syllable words. :nod:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

"Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams.” - Anon

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

css75 wrote:Here is your so called whistle blower 33 yo Eric Cieramella(spelling?). He is a Democrat holdover from Obama, Trump should have canned all Obama appointees on day 1. Looks like he has lots of friends.

That is not known to be true at this point. It may turn out to be true. But it really doesn't matter at this point because the basic story told by the complaint has been validated.

This is the thing with people on your side right now. At this point we all know that Trump held up US aid to Ukraine as leverage to get them to open investigations that will help him politically. And we know damn well he didn't do it because of a general interest in investigating corruption in the Ukraine. He did things like pressure Ukraine guy to publicly announce a Biden investigation.

But you're attacking the messenger. Never mind that the message was accurate. Cult.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:Senior NSC aide who actually listened in on the phone call contradicts what the leaker & the Lt Col said:
“I want to be clear, I was not concerned that anything illegal was discussed,” Morrison said in remarks to Congress.
Morrison also disputed the account of a conversation that Ambassador Bill Taylor described in his testimony to Congress last week. Taylor recalled Morrison telling him about a separate conversation between U.S. ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland and one of Zelensky’s top advisers, in which Sondland told the adviser that the military aid was contingent on Zelensky’s willingness to publicly announce a probe into Burisma.

“My recollection is that Ambassador Sondland’s proposal to Yermak was that it could be sufficient if the new Ukrainian prosecutor general, not President Zelensky, would commit to pursue the Burisma investigation,” Morrison told lawmakers.
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/lat ... ranscript/

Yet you have fake news CNN, Wa Po, etc with headlines saying the exact opposite, that Morrisons testimony corroborated the other's testimony..
CNN and the Washington Post are not fake news. The National Review is an opinion organization that openly says it is there to promote a conservative point of view. If you are going to believe one over the other and it becomes a contest between the CNN News Division or the Washington Post or the National Review, you would do well to listen to the CNN News Division or the Washington Post.

Here is what CNN had to say about Morrison's testimony on what Taylor said:
While he did deviate from Taylor on some details, Morrison testified that Sondland told him the President would release the aid if the Ukrainian prosecutor general announced an investigation, according to sources.
"I reviewed the statement Ambassador Taylor provided this inquiry on October 22, 2019. I can confirm that the substance of his statement, as it relates to conversations he and I had, is accurate," Morrison said.
If you want the truth, you would do well to rely on what CNN had to say about the essence of the situation instead of the National Review.
Could I ever be a star?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote:
css75 wrote:

Yep, just speculation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Has it been confirmed?
If Schiff doesn't allow him to testify during the inquiry then it will be.

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

nothing is going to happen...
Majority Party: Republican (53 seats)
Minority Party: Democrat (45 seats)
Other Parties: 2 Independents
Total Seats: 100
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

BDKJMU wrote:The left couldn't get Trump on the Russian Collusion Delusion. And when they can't get him on Ukraine, they'll try to impeach him on something else. Calling it right now, they'll try to bring up stuff other than Ukraine on this shampeachment farce..

I would guess they will bring some other phony charge up after this one fails. My guess is they have several line up. After all they have been doing this since Nov. 2916. They just can’t accept the fact the wrong candidate won.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Senior NSC aide who actually listened in on the phone call contradicts what the leaker & the Lt Col said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/lat ... ranscript/

Yet you have fake news CNN, Wa Po, etc with headlines saying the exact opposite, that Morrisons testimony corroborated the other's testimony..
CNN and the Washington Post are not fake news. The National Review is an opinion organization that openly says it is there to promote a conservative point of view. If you are going to believe one over the other and it becomes a contest between the CNN News Division or the Washington Post or the National Review, you would do well to listen to the CNN News Division or the Washington Post.

While he did deviate from Taylor on some details, Morrison testified that Sondland told him the President would release the aid if the Ukrainian prosecutor general announced an investigation, according to sources.
"I reviewed the statement Ambassador Taylor provided this inquiry on October 22, 2019. I can confirm that the substance of his statement, as it relates to conversations he and I had, is accurate," Morrison said.
If you want the truth, you would do well to rely on what CNN had to say about the essence of the situation instead of the National Review.
How well did CNN do with Russia collusion? A big fat old zero. Trump was not guilty.

Most of National Review hates Trump, except three or four contributers. They rate up there with Hotair if you want to get a conservative Trump dislike view.
Everything is better with Montana.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/1 ... am-schiff/

Bwahaha. What a farce. I am surprised how many on this board were suckered in. Orange Man Bad.
Everything is better with Montana.

css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

SeattleGriz wrote:https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/1 ... am-schiff/

Bwahaha. What a farce. I am surprised how many on this board were suckered in. Orange Man Bad.
I tried to warn jelly, but he went off the deep end anyway. I wish I was a salesman and knew where he lived.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

How well did CNN do with Russia collusion? A big fat old zero. Trump was not guilty.

Most of National Review hates Trump, except three or four contributers. They rate up there with Hotair if you want to get a conservative Trump dislike view.
CNN's reporting on the Mueller investigation was generally accurate. With respect to the Mueller investigation: It did not find sufficient evidence to charge anybody with a crime associated with conspiracy to with the Russian Government with respect to two specific Russian government efforts. It did find evidence that members of the Trump campaign cooperated with Russians. For example: It found that the Trump campaign director shared internal campaign polling data pertaining to key midwestern States with a guy associated with Russian intelligence. But the investigators did not charge, in part, because they did not know how those polling data were used.

Many of the things the media reported with respect to the Russia investigation that Trump called "fake news" turned out to be true. For instance: Trump telling McGahn to write a false memo on Trump telling him to get rid of Mueller.
Could I ever be a star?