The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby Ibanez » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:32 am

css75 wrote:The whistleblower gets fired from the WH for leaking, then CIA picks him up, then he starts meeting with Schiff and staff. He is kaput. This whole thing is another failed nothing .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Whistle blowers identity hasn’t been confirmed. You want to go after this guy based on speculation? Given your position on the impeachment inquiry, isn’t that a bit hypocritical?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Postby BDKJMU » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:29 am

css75 wrote:Here is your so called whistle blower 33 yo Eric Cieramella(spelling?). He is a Democrat holdover from Obama, Trump should have canned all Obama appointees on day 1. Looks like he has lots of friends.

Call me clairvoyant, but I said near the beginning of this thread that I bet the guy was a hardcore lefty.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Postby SDHornet » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:33 am

So a guy with deep ties to the DNC and John Brennan's CIA is the "whistleblower"...and Schiff, the guy pedaling the Trump Russia Hoax not named jellybelly is leading the this effort...

...yeah totally legit. :lol:

Interesting tidbits form the RCP article on the "whistleblower"

And Ciaramella worked with a Democratic National Committee operative who dug up dirt on the Trump campaign during the 2016 election, inviting her into the White House for meetings, former White House colleagues said. The operative, Alexandra Chalupa, a Ukrainian-American who supported Hillary Clinton, led an effort to link the Republican campaign to the Russian government. “He knows her. He had her in the White House,” said one former co-worker, who requested anonymity to discuss the sensitive matter.

On the Internet, meanwhile, Ciaramella's name for weeks has been bandied about on Twitter feeds and intelligence blogs as the suspected person who blew the whistle on the president. The mainstream media are also aware of his name.  

A CIA officer specializing in Russia and Ukraine, Ciaramella was detailed over to the National Security Council from the agency in the summer of 2015, working under Susan Rice, President Obama’s national security adviser. He also worked closely with the former vice president.  

Federal records show that Biden’s office invited Ciaramella to an October 2016 state luncheon the vice president hosted for Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi. Other invited guests included Brennan, as well as then-FBI Director James Comey and then-National Intelligence Director James Clapper.

Several U.S. officials told RealClearInvestigations that the invitation that was extended to Ciaramella, a relatively low-level GS-13 federal employee, was unusual and signaled he was politically connected inside the Obama White House. 

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com ... 20996.html  

css75
Level3
Level3

Postby css75 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:35 am

SDHornet wrote:So a guy with deep ties to the DNC and John Brennan's CIA is the "whistleblower"...and Schiff, the guy pedaling the Trump Russia Hoax not named jellybelly is leading the this effort...

And Ciaramella worked with a Democratic National Committee operative who dug up dirt on the Trump campaign during the 2016 election, inviting her into the White House for meetings, former White House colleagues said. The operative, Alexandra Chalupa, a Ukrainian-American who supported Hillary Clinton, led an effort to link the Republican campaign to the Russian government. “He knows her. He had her in the White House,” said one former co-worker, who requested anonymity to discuss the sensitive matter.

On the Internet, meanwhile, Ciaramella's name for weeks has been bandied about on Twitter feeds and intelligence blogs as the suspected person who blew the whistle on the president. The mainstream media are also aware of his name.  

A CIA officer specializing in Russia and Ukraine, Ciaramella was detailed over to the National Security Council from the agency in the summer of 2015, working under Susan Rice, President Obama’s national security adviser. He also worked closely with the former vice president.  

Federal records show that Biden’s office invited Ciaramella to an October 2016 state luncheon the vice president hosted for Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi. Other invited guests included Brennan, as well as then-FBI Director James Comey and then-National Intelligence Director James Clapper.

Several U.S. officials told RealClearInvestigations that the invitation that was extended to Ciaramella, a relatively low-level GS-13 federal employee, was unusual and signaled he was politically connected inside the Obama White House. 

Yep, just speculation.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Postby AZGrizFan » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:29 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:There's nothing in the law that presents an exception for the whistleblower's background. But, ok. Suit yourself.

The guy did it the right way. Would you rather we didn't have whistleblower protections?

He's a guy who's had an ax to grind since Trump got elected and Hildabeast didn't. Surely even YOU can see that. He did literally NOTHING the right way and I have zero sympathy for whatever happens to him.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Postby BDKJMU » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:38 am

Senior NSC aide who actually listened in on the phone call contradicts what the leaker & the Lt Col said:
“I want to be clear, I was not concerned that anything illegal was discussed,” Morrison said in remarks to Congress.

Morrison also disputed the account of a conversation that Ambassador Bill Taylor described in his testimony to Congress last week. Taylor recalled Morrison telling him about a separate conversation between U.S. ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland and one of Zelensky’s top advisers, in which Sondland told the adviser that the military aid was contingent on Zelensky’s willingness to publicly announce a probe into Burisma.

“My recollection is that Ambassador Sondland’s proposal to Yermak was that it could be sufficient if the new Ukrainian prosecutor general, not President Zelensky, would commit to pursue the Burisma investigation,” Morrison told lawmakers.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/lat ... ranscript/

Yet you have fake news CNN, Wa Po, etc with headlines saying the exact opposite, that Morrisons testimony corroborated the other's testimony..

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ibanez » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:08 am

css75 wrote:
SDHornet wrote:So a guy with deep ties to the DNC and John Brennan's CIA is the "whistleblower"...and Schiff, the guy pedaling the Trump Russia Hoax not named jellybelly is leading the this effort...

Yep, just speculation.

Has it been confirmed?

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ibanez » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:09 am

BDKJMU wrote:Senior NSC aide who actually listened in on the phone call contradicts what the leaker & the Lt Col said:
“I want to be clear, I was not concerned that anything illegal was discussed,” Morrison said in remarks to Congress.

Morrison also disputed the account of a conversation that Ambassador Bill Taylor described in his testimony to Congress last week. Taylor recalled Morrison telling him about a separate conversation between U.S. ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland and one of Zelensky’s top advisers, in which Sondland told the adviser that the military aid was contingent on Zelensky’s willingness to publicly announce a probe into Burisma.

“My recollection is that Ambassador Sondland’s proposal to Yermak was that it could be sufficient if the new Ukrainian prosecutor general, not President Zelensky, would commit to pursue the Burisma investigation,” Morrison told lawmakers.

Yet you have fake news CNN, Wa Po, etc with headlines saying the exact opposite, that Morrisons testimony corroborated the other's testimony..

One guy saw it differently. Interesting. Does his opinion negate someone elses? Is that how it works?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Postby BDKJMU » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:14 am

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Senior NSC aide who actually listened in on the phone call contradicts what the leaker & the Lt Col said:

One guy saw it differently. Interesting. Does his opinion negate someone elses? Is that how it works?

You can't have a different opinion about facts.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ibanez » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:17 am

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

You can't have a different opinion about facts.

:dunce:
Two people can have different views of facts. It's called bias. Interpretation.

That is literally what Trump does when he speaks. :lol:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Postby BDKJMU » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:26 am

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:You can't have a different opinion about facts.

:dunce:

Ok, you're referring to the Lt Col and Morrison. I wasn't clear, I was referring to the articles/headlines:
Nat Review and others: Morrison's testimony didn't contradict...
CNN/Wa Po/et al: Morrison's testimony contradicted...

Well, one of those 2 headlines is fake news. And going by direct quotes of Morrison's, it's pretty clear which of those is fake news..

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ibanez » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:28 am

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: :dunce:

Ok, you're referring to the Lt Col and Morrison. I wasn't clear, I was referring to the articles/headlines:
Nat Review and others: Morrison's testimony didn't contradict
CNN/Wa Po/et al: Morrison's testimony contradicted..

Well, one of those 2 headlines is fake news.

Not fake news. Its wrong. It's Inaccurate. It's misleading. CNN said early in the morning that they expected corroboration, though I don't recall what their basis for that was.

Fake news is such a bullshit term.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Postby BDKJMU » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:29 am

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Ok, you're referring to the Lt Col and Morrison. I wasn't clear, I was referring to the articles/headlines:
Nat Review and others: Morrison's testimony didn't contradict
CNN/Wa Po/et al: Morrison's testimony contradicted..

Well, one of those 2 headlines is fake news.

Not fake news. Its wrong. It's Inaccurate. It's misleading. CNN said early in the morning that they expected corroboration, though I don't recall what their basis for that was.

Yeah, in other words, its FAKE.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ibanez » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:33 am

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Not fake news. Its wrong. It's Inaccurate. It's misleading. CNN said early in the morning that they expected corroboration, though I don't recall what their basis for that was.

Yeah, in other words, its FAKE.

No..fake is like a forgery. Or a sham. Fake designer jeans. Fake video of Obama slam dunking from the free throw line. Those headlines are real. They're just wrong. Yellow Journalism.

Before 2016 you would've called them misleading or inaccurate. You're only saying fake b/c you support Trump blindly and are deep within the cult of personality.

89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Postby 89Hen » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:38 am

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Yeah, in other words, its FAKE.

No..fake is like a forgery. Or a sham. Fake designer jeans. Fake video of Obama slam dunking from the free throw line. Those headlines are real. They're just wrong. Yellow Journalism.

Before 2016 you would've called them misleading or inaccurate. You're only saying fake b/c you support Trump blindly and are deep within the cult of personality.

IMO inaccurate and misleading are VERY different things. Misleading is an intentional act and therefore "fake". Fake designer jeans are made to look like the real thing on purpose.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby AZGrizFan » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:52 am

Ibanez wrote:

Boy, that's splittin' hairs, Mark.

If they're wrong on purpose (or with an agenda) then it's absolutely fake. Like ABC's video. wrong with an agenda. Fake.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Postby UNI88 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:55 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:No..fake is like a forgery. Or a sham. Fake designer jeans. Fake video of Obama slam dunking from the free throw line. Those headlines are real. They're just wrong. Yellow Journalism.

If they're wrong on purpose (or with an agenda) then it's absolutely fake. Like ABC's video. wrong with an agenda. Fake.

I think deceitful would be a more accurate word but that's too high falutin for the base.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby AZGrizFan » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:57 am

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

I think deceitful would be a more accurate word but that's too high falutin for the base.

Doesn't roll off the tongue like "fake news"... :lol: :lol:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Postby BDKJMU » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:15 am

Ibanez wrote:

Intentional misleading is FAKE NEWS..

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Postby UNI88 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:18 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

The knuckle dragging deplorables don't understand it like they do "fake news"... :lol: :lol:

FYP :lol:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Postby BDKJMU » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:42 am

The left couldn't get Trump on the Russian Collusion Delusion. And when they can't get him on Ukraine, they'll try to impeach him on something else. Calling it right now, they'll try to bring up stuff other than Ukraine on this shampeachment farce..

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ibanez » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:52 am

89Hen wrote:
Ibanez wrote:No..fake is like a forgery. Or a sham. Fake designer jeans. Fake video of Obama slam dunking from the free throw line. Those headlines are real. They're just wrong. Yellow Journalism.

IMO inaccurate and misleading are VERY different things. Misleading is an intentional act and therefore "fake". Fake designer jeans are made to look like the real thing on purpose.

I can see your point. I didn't see it that way. :thumb:

Still, nobody would be saying "fake news" if POTUS hadn't started saying it about everything that's critical about him or about something he doesn't like.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ibanez » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:52 am

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

That's the word. Deceitful.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ibanez » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:54 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

Doesn't roll off the tongue like "fake news"... :lol: :lol:

I'll give him this...fake news is a better sound bite.

Winterborn
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Postby Winterborn » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:09 pm

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Those darn multi-syllable words. :nod:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

"Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams.” - Anon

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

Return to “Politics”