Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
It would seem he’s at least indictable...

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/10/trump-crimes-law/

And Barr’s not willing to say otherwise now.
Come on, those are weak. I don't think Trump's actions relative to Ukraine were good in any sense of the word - they were certainly an abuse of power. But we're not going to indict Presidents when they are done with their terms because, while in office, they cajoled other countries to do something they probably didn't want to do (the definition of extortion in your link) and tied it to aid or assistance or some other help of the US. You could frame almost all foreign policy as extortion if you lowered the definition that much.
So you are in the Trump did it for the benefit of the country camp. Gotcha.

And you’re ok with Hillary’s emails but if CID or Ibanez had done the same they’d rightfully go to jail.

Okee Dokee.

:lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm, you have a lot of moving to do this weekend. Don't hyper-extend your shoulder grasping here today.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

GannonFan wrote:I don't think Trump's actions relative to Ukraine were good in any sense of the word - they were certainly an abuse of power.
Abuse of power is certainly impeachable.

Glad to see you in the impeachment camp. :clap: And, since you think Trump "certainly" abused his power... also in the conviction camp.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
GannonFan wrote:I don't think Trump's actions relative to Ukraine were good in any sense of the word - they were certainly an abuse of power.

Glad to see you in the impeachment camp. :clap: And, since you think Trump "certainly" abused his power... also in the conviction camp.
Why aren’t there any kitten-pouncing-on-a-mousetrap gifs out there?

^^^^ that dumb reply needs one for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Two associates of Rudolph W. Giuliani pressed the then-president of Ukraine in February to announce investigations into former vice president Joe Biden’s son and purported Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election in exchange for a state visit, and a lawyer for one of the associates said Friday that they were doing so because Giuliani — acting on President Trump’s behalf — asked them to.

The Giuliani associates, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, met with then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in Kyiv, said Edward B. MacMahon Jr., a lawyer for Parnas. He said they were working on behalf of Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer, who was operating on orders from Trump.

“There isn’t anything that Parnas did in the Ukraine relative to the Bidens or the 2016 election that he wasn’t asked to do by Giuliani, who was acting on the direction of the president,” MacMahon said.

The February meeting — first reported by the Wall Street Journal — shows how Trump’s lawyer and those working for him were attempting to spur investigations that would help Trump politically months before the president pressed his Ukrainian counterpart in a controversial phone call to conduct such probes.

That July call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky, who succeeded Poroshenko, would become the subject of a whistleblower complaint, and eventually lead House Democrats to launch an impeachment inquiry into Trump’s conduct.

Parnas and Fruman, both clients of Giuliani who aided in his efforts to spur various Ukrainian investigations, were arrested last month on campaign finance charges brought by federal prosecutors in New York. They are accused of trying to funnel money to U.S. politicians while attempting to influence U.S.-Ukraine relations. Both pleaded not guilty.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Igor Fruman

The Sausage King of Chicago
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Image
Two associates of Rudolph W. Giuliani pressed the then-president of Ukraine in February to announce investigations into former vice president Joe Biden’s son and purported Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election in exchange for a state visit, and a lawyer for one of the associates said Friday that they were doing so because Giuliani — acting on President Trump’s behalf — asked them to.

The Giuliani associates, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, met with then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in Kyiv, said Edward B. MacMahon Jr., a lawyer for Parnas. He said they were working on behalf of Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer, who was operating on orders from Trump.

“There isn’t anything that Parnas did in the Ukraine relative to the Bidens or the 2016 election that he wasn’t asked to do by Giuliani, who was acting on the direction of the president,” MacMahon said.

The February meeting — first reported by the Wall Street Journal — shows how Trump’s lawyer and those working for him were attempting to spur investigations that would help Trump politically months before the president pressed his Ukrainian counterpart in a controversial phone call to conduct such probes.

That July call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky, who succeeded Poroshenko, would become the subject of a whistleblower complaint, and eventually lead House Democrats to launch an impeachment inquiry into Trump’s conduct.

Parnas and Fruman, both clients of Giuliani who aided in his efforts to spur various Ukrainian investigations, were arrested last month on campaign finance charges brought by federal prosecutors in New York. They are accused of trying to funnel money to U.S. politicians while attempting to influence U.S.-Ukraine relations. Both pleaded not guilty.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
All this shit came out the first day. Trump ignored Ukraine because they had interfered in our election and when he finally dealt with them, he was rooting out corruption.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote:
All this shit came out the first day. Trump ignored Ukraine because they had interfered in our election and when he finally dealt with them, he was rooting out corruption.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:Igor Fruman

I suggest you leave before I get snooty!

(Wife and I watched that the other night. It’s amazing it still holds up after all the times we’ve seen it.)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:

(Wife and I watched that the other night. It’s amazing it still holds up after all the times we’ve seen it.)
I still occasionally make restaurant reservations under the name Abe Froman.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:

“I heard that you were feeling ill,
Headache, fever, and a chill,
I came here to restore your pluck,
‘Cause I’m the nurse who likes to...”
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Okay. Finally get to see if Adam Schiff allows himself to testify.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

SeattleGriz wrote:Okay. Finally get to see if Adam Schiff allows himself to testify.

Odds are he won’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Come on, those are weak. I don't think Trump's actions relative to Ukraine were good in any sense of the word - they were certainly an abuse of power. But we're not going to indict Presidents when they are done with their terms because, while in office, they cajoled other countries to do something they probably didn't want to do (the definition of extortion in your link) and tied it to aid or assistance or some other help of the US. You could frame almost all foreign policy as extortion if you lowered the definition that much.

And you’re ok with Hillary’s emails but if CID or Ibanez had done the same they’d rightfully go to jail.

Okee Dokee.

Huh? Did you pull a muscle making that leap of illogic? It's so disconnected I think you actually responded to another post and mistakenly quoted my post. I think you need some rest. 8-)
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote:Okay. Finally get to see if Adam Schiff allows himself to testify.
And to see if he will allow the "whistleblower" or the Biden kid to testify. Everyone should be on pins and needles regarding Schiff's decision on these two. :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

I already said, given that the Senate will not remove him for this, that impeachment is the logical course as it's the biggest censure you can give. But I agree with what's going to happen, I wouldn't remove him for this, especially at this point. We're already in the middle of the election campaign, we'll be voting as a country whether he should be President again in less than a year. We've never had this before - an incumbent President, a candidate for re-election, being impeached. I'm not for removing him if this is the extent of what he did - I'm all for leaving it up to the voters to make that call. Abuse of power is a really, really broad term.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

I already said, given that the Senate will not remove him for this, that impeachment is the logical course as it's the biggest censure you can give. But I agree with what's going to happen, I wouldn't remove him for this, especially at this point. We're already in the middle of the election campaign, we'll be voting as a country whether he should be President again in less than a year. We've never had this before - an incumbent President, a candidate for re-election, being impeached. I'm not for removing him if this is the extent of what he did - I'm all for leaving it up to the voters to make that call. Abuse of power is a really, really broad term.
The thing is if the donks actually had a viable candidate that could actually beat Trump then this whole impeachment debacle doesn't happen...

...they don't so here we are. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
The thing is if the donks actually had a viable candidate that could actually beat Trump then this whole impeachment debacle doesn't happen...

100% accurate post right there by the guy from California.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Does anyone think Bloomberg can snag the nomination? I would not rule out anything.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Okee Dokee.

Huh? Did you pull a muscle making that leap of illogic? It's so disconnected I think you actually responded to another post and mistakenly quoted my post. I think you need some rest. 8-)
Just trying to figure out your reasoning....or lack there of.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Yeah no, we should probably prosecute crimes regardless of political strategy or office.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

css75 wrote:Does anyone think Bloomberg can snag the nomination? I would not rule out anything.

Yes -

I have a lot of establishment Donk friends and they are all hopeful he will jump in

He would pull in the right combination of voters who go for electability and moderate Dems. He would also likely poach away many of Trump’s swing voters

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
css75 wrote:Does anyone think Bloomberg can snag the nomination? I would not rule out anything.

Yes -

I have a lot of establishment Donk friends and they are all hopeful he will jump in

He would pull in the right combination of voters who go for electability and moderate Dems. He would also likely poach away many of Trump’s swing voters

Bloomberg is Biden’s age, and maybe a bit to Joe’s left politically, but he has by far the best business pedigree of any Democratic candidate. Moderates can be comfortable with him. If he was elected POTUS, he’d have the first “First Domestic Partner,” as he’s been living for about 20 years with a woman who was New York State banking commissioner. Also, he’s an honorary Knight of the British Empire. I haven’t heard of any ethical skeletons in his closet, but I’m sure Drumpf’s minions are working on that. He’d also be the first Jewish president. Duh.
Last edited by Ivytalk on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Anyone read Vindmans testimony? Full of "I think", "believe" type statements, then he admits to telling the Ukrainians to ignore Trump. An NSC employee doing the opposite of what the President wanted.

His lawyer objects because you can see where the conversation is going.

Anyway, the understanding I get from his lawyer was that the line of questioning wasn't fair due to the type of setting or at least the original deposition?.