Political discussions
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Post by HI54UNI »

So I see we're moving on to calling it "bribery" now since nobody knows what quid pro quo means. :roll:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

HI54UNI wrote:So I see we're moving on to calling it "bribery" now since nobody knows what quid pro quo means. :roll:
Huh?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote:So I see we're moving on to calling it "bribery" now since nobody knows what quid pro quo means. :roll:
John Dean on CNN this morning?

I've said it here - quid pro quo (this for that) isn't necessarily wrong. Foreign aid SHOULD have conditions.

But they shouldn't be for personal/political gain. :twocents:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:
John Dean on CNN this morning?

I've said it here - quid pro quo (this for that) isn't necessarily wrong. Foreign aid SHOULD have conditions.

Is it only personal/political gain if you're asking to investigate the #1 candidate for one of the two major parties? Wouldn't that be in the interest of the country as a whole to some extent?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
Ibanez wrote: John Dean on CNN this morning?

Is it only personal/political gain if you're asking to investigate the #1 candidate for one of the two major parties? Wouldn't that be in the interest of the country as a whole to some extent?
If Biden needs to be investigated for something wrong, why isn't the DOJ investigating it? Why ask a foreign government?
U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday told reporters he has not asked the Department of Justice to investigate activities by Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1WQ2OV

Seems to me the DOJ, not Ukraine, should be investigating Biden.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

The Republicans finally get the public, transparent hearings that they wanted then voted against. Should be a shit show. :coffee: :coffee:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Cons bitchin' about "the deep state" for 3+ years so it figures it was projection the whole time and they're now defending communication outside of legal and politically accountable channels.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:
89Hen wrote: Is it only personal/political gain if you're asking to investigate the #1 candidate for one of the two major parties? Wouldn't that be in the interest of the country as a whole to some extent?
If Biden needs to be investigated for something wrong, why isn't the DOJ investigating it? Why ask a foreign government?
U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday told reporters he has not asked the Department of Justice to investigate activities by Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden.

Both should be.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:The Republicans finally get the public, transparent hearings that they wanted then voted against. Should be a shit show. :coffee: :coffee:
No they don't.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Sondland is a genuine American patriot. Questioned corruption, stood up to it, documented everything.

The final part of his opening statement is on point:
There are two Ukraine stories today. The first is the one we are discussing this morning and that you have been hearing for the past two weeks. It is a rancorous story about whistle blowers, Mr. Giuliani, side channels, quid pro quos, corruption, and interference in elections. In this story Ukraine is merely an object.

But there is another Ukraine story—a positive, bipartisan one. In this second story, Ukraine is the subject. This one is about young people in a 20 young nation, struggling to break free of its past, hopeful that their new government will finally usher in a new Ukraine, proud of its independence from Russia, eager to join Western institutions and enjoy a more secure and prosperous life. This story describes a nation developing an inclusive, democratic nationalism, not unlike what we in America, in our best moments, feel about our diverse country—less concerned about what language we speak, what religion if any we practice, where our parents and grandparents came from; more concerned about building a new country."
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:Sondland is a genuine American patriot. Questioned corruption, stood up to it, and documented everything.

His final summary is amazing:
There are two Ukraine stories today. The first is the one we are discussing this morning and that you have been hearing for the past two weeks. It is a rancorous story about whistle blowers, Mr. Giuliani, side channels, quid pro quos, corruption, and interference in elections. In this story Ukraine is merely an object.

But there is another Ukraine story—a positive, bipartisan one. In this second story, Ukraine is the subject. This one is about young people in a 20 young nation, struggling to break free of its past, hopeful that their new government will finally usher in a new Ukraine, proud of its independence from Russia, eager to join Western institutions and enjoy a more secure and prosperous life. This story describes a nation developing an inclusive, democratic nationalism, not unlike what we in America, in our best moments, feel about our diverse country—less concerned about what language we speak, what religion if any we practice, where our parents and grandparents came from; more concerned about building a new country."
Why doesn't he just wrap himself in a Ukrainian flag. :roll: :roll: :roll:

You are such a sucker for hyperbole.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote:Why doesn't he just wrap himself in a Ukrainian flag. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Because I have empathy.

You defend a man of cares more about a conspiracy theory than an entire country worth of people. :roll:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote:The Republicans finally get the public, transparent hearings that they wanted then voted against. Should be a shit show. :coffee: :coffee:
No they don't.
Are they not on TV? Do they not get equal time to question the witnesses?

Or are the Reps still butt hurt that they were in the private hearings (well, the ones that decided to show up) and they couldn't use the media to get their defense out there?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

Both should be.
If Biden did something wrong, he should certainly be investigated by our DOJ primarily. If he did something illegal in Ukraine, they should investigate him.

Trump should NOT be asking for a foreign country to investigate a political rival. At the least, it is quite unethical. It's wrong. Let the DOJ do it through the proper channels.

Is it impeachable? I don't know. But it is shady as heck.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: No they don't.
Are they not on TV? Do they not get equal time to question the witnesses?

Or are the Reps still butt hurt that they were in the private hearings (well, the ones that decided to show up) and they couldn't use the media to get their defense out there?
The witnesses approved by the donks.
BDKJMU wrote:
What they wanted was to equal opportunity to call witnesses, something they can't do without having Schiff's approval.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Are they not on TV? Do they not get equal time to question the witnesses?

The witnesses approved by the donks.
BDKJMU wrote:
What they wanted was to equal opportunity to call witnesses, something they can't do without having Schiff's approval.
They can call witnesses. I'm sure the witnesses would have to have direct knowledge of the charges or be involved in someway either, something i'm not sure would qualify the Bidens. They weren't on the call nor were they involved with withholding aid.

But I can see your point. :thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Schiff: "I don't know the name of the whistleblower".
Schiff: Issues warning against conks releasing the name of the whistleblower.

Well if Schiff doesn't know the name of the whistleblower, how will Schiff know if the conks release his name. :suspicious:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Why doesn't he just wrap himself in a Ukrainian flag. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Because I have empathy.

You defend a man of cares more about a conspiracy theory than an entire country worth of people. :roll:
English.

It's hard.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:Schiff: "I don't know the name of the whistleblower".

Well if Schiff doesn't know the name of the whistleblower, how will Schiff know if the conks release his name. :suspicious:
I don't think you need to know the name in order to warn people not to release the name. The IG knows. You're grasping at straws here.

Do you need to commit a crime so that you can warn others not to do it?

I guess you attack the messengers when you can't defend the message.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:

I don't think you need to know the name in order to warn people not to release the name. The IG knows. You're grasping at straws here.

He knows who the whistleblower is. He chose to outright LIE. You know it. I know it. The whole world knows it.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ibanez wrote:

The whole "identify the whistleblower" thing is yet another example of how far off the rails the Republican Party is right now. Obviously doing so would compromise a system that's in place for good reason. But the Republicans don't care. All but a handful have their heads up Trump's anus to their shoulders and will do or say anything to protect him regardless of how obvious it is that he did what he did.

I saw a text from my son today that he sent in response to my daughter while monitoring the hearings. Here's what he said:
It really has been revealing, being former republicans, to see how cravenly they act in political self interest.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I don't think you need to know the name in order to warn people not to release the name. The IG knows. You're grasping at straws here.

He knows who the whistleblower is. He chose to outright LIE. You know it. I know it. The whole world knows it.
No, we don't know it. We know there is a whistleblower identification thing going around the internet but it has not been verified. It's bad either way. I'm sure Schiff knows who has been pointed to on the internet. But that does not necessarily mean that he has verification of who the whistleblower is.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I don't think you need to know the name in order to warn people not to release the name. The IG knows. You're grasping at straws here.

The whole "identify the whistleblower" thing is yet another example of how far off the rails the Republican Party is right now. Obviously doing so would compromise a system that's in place for good reason. But the Republicans don't care. All but a handful have their heads up Trump's anus to their shoulders and will do or say anything to protect him regardless of how obvious it is that he did what he did.

I saw a text from my son today that he sent in response to my daughter while monitoring the hearings. Here's what he said:
It really has been revealing, being former republicans, to see how cravenly they act in political self interest.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yep. It's just the republicans. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:

I wasn't saying that Schiff didn't lie. Just that BDKs logic was wrong.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
No, we don't know it. We know there is a whistleblower identification thing going around the internet but it has not been verified. It's bad either way. I'm sure Schiff knows who has been pointed to on the internet. But that does not necessarily mean that he has verification of who the whistleblower is.
I thought it was established by the IG that the whistleblower sought advice from Schiff (or his staff), am I mistaken?

I have a hard time believing that his staff didn't tell Schiff who it was.