The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Post by Ibanez »

css75 wrote:Thx is going to be fun watching the Dems chase their tails. They brought charges without any documentation, the whistleblower is most likely a plant, and identity will surely be leaked. Jelly and others here will resemble fools once again. Nothing burger Image Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow. A plant? Do you have any facts or are you just talking out of your ass?

Here’s an idea - wait for the facts to come out. Maybe Trump did nothing wrong. Doesn’t mean the whistle blower is a “plant.” I’m not sure why you think that. Oh - because Republicans have proved themselves to be unethical cowards? FFS, dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

House votes 421-0 to call for Trump to release the whistleblower complaint.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote:House votes 421-0 to call for Trump to release the whistleblower complaint.
DOJ says he doesn't have to.

Neener neener, you ain't got a weiner.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Zelenskyy: "We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes."

Trump: " I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out..."

It's very easy to read that as an effort to establish a quid pro quo. That was Trump's immediate response. You have to be seriously obtuse not the recognize that as going for a quid pro quo.
I'll just copy and paste to avoid more typing:
GannonFan wrote: Skelly, the favor that Trump asked for was not the Biden thing, but for Ukraine to look into the ownership of Crowsdstrike, the company that the DNC went to to investigate the email breach back in 2016. That's not the same thing as Biden at all.
89Hen wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 438140001/
Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky told reporters on Wednesday he didn't feel pressure from President Donald Trump to look into political rival Joe Biden even though a summary of a July phone call between the two leaders showed that Trump discussed the former vice president and his son.

“Nobody pushed me,” Zelensky said while seated next to Trump at the United Nations in New York. “Good phone call. It was normal.”
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Pwns wrote:
GannonFan wrote: Skelly, the favor that Trump asked for was not the Biden thing, but for Ukraine to look into the ownership of Crowsdstrike, the company that the DNC went to to investigate the email breach back in 2016. That's not the same thing as Biden at all.
I missed this the first time - but, he brings up both
The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Pwns wrote:
The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.
No doubt, but it's disingenuous to quote "I would like you to do us a favor..." and then lead right into the request to investigate Biden's involvement in getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired. You aren't the only one to do that, CNN has had the "do us a favor" thing highlighted all day without detailing that it, at least explicitly, refers to looking at the Crowdstrike investigation. If you're going to bring down a dishonest man it doesn't help by also being dishonest. Trump wins when everyone plays his game.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

Also, if we're going to be reading in between the lines, it's no less plausible Trump felt he was in position to ask a favor after all the gushing Zelensky did about how great his campaign strategies and slogans were and how they helped his party win parliament. We all know Trump is easily manipulated by flattery. Saying there's a deal implied there that Trump is offering javeline missiles for an investigation is a stretch.
Celebrate Diversity.*

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
No doubt, but it's disingenuous to quote "I would like you to do us a favor..." and then lead right into the request to investigate Biden's involvement in getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired. You aren't the only one to do that, CNN has had the "do us a favor" thing highlighted all day without detailing that it, at least explicitly, refers to looking at the Crowdstrike investigation. If you're going to bring down a dishonest man it doesn't help by also being dishonest. Trump wins when everyone plays his game.
Where do you think Jelly gets his talking points?
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

Seriously, read the transcript...if you're Zelensky having this conversation you don't know what to think with parts of Trump's comments because they sound like ADHD stream of consciousness. I don't think even Zelensky could follow that comment where Turmp brings up something about Crowdstrike and Mueller. And Trump only mentions Biden after talking about how great Giuliani is and throwing shade at Marie Yovanovitch.
Celebrate Diversity.*

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

GannonFan wrote:No doubt, but it's disingenuous to quote "I would like you to do us a favor..." and then lead right into the request to investigate Biden's involvement in getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired. You aren't the only one to do that, CNN has had the "do us a favor" thing highlighted all day without detailing that it, at least explicitly, refers to looking at the Crowdstrike investigation. If you're going to bring down a dishonest man it doesn't help by also being dishonest. Trump wins when everyone plays his game.

I didn't. I enumerated them. 1. DNC Server 2. Biden
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Zelensky asks for anti-tank missiles. (Quid)

Trump immediately says he has to "favor" to ask, though. (Quo)

1) find out if the DNC server is in Ukraine. (lol)
2) find out about the Bidens

And, by the way, I'll have my personal attorney check up on this.

It's not explicit, but a quid pro quo also doesn't have to be.
:?
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

He's just completely full of shit. I'd call him a liar but he's not smart enough. :lol:
“I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine,” Trump said “they say Crowdstrike… I guess you have one of your wealthy people… The server, they say Ukraine has it.” This is a frankly baffling sequence of sentences for anyone not deeply versed in the alternative reality explanations broadcast nightly on Fox News in support of Trump’s refusal to acknowledge that Russia sabotaged Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign to help elect him president.

CrowdStrike, as Kevin Poulsen explained in The Daily Beast, “enters the picture because it’s the security firm the DNC hired to investigate the breach back in 2016, and the first of many to identify Russia’s military intelligence agency, the GRU, as the perpetrator. A publicly-traded company headquartered in California, CrowdStrike has nothing to do with Ukraine, except in conspiracyland, which pretends that CrowdStrike co-founder Dmitri Alperovitch is Ukrainian, and that he framed Russia for election interference both on the DNC’s orders and to punish Putin for invading his homeland.”

Alperovitch, however, is not Ukrainian. He is an American citizen who was born in Russia and emigrated to the U.S. as a child.

The theory “is absurd for many reasons,” the New York Times cybersecurity reporter Nicole Perlroth observed on Twitter. “The server is not in Ukraine; it’s sitting in the DNC basement. Despite Trump’s repeated claims Democrats withheld the server from the FBI, CrowdStrike and the DNC actually gave all their forensic evidence to the FBI.”

“This DNC-didn’t-give-the-server-to-the-FBI idea makes no sense,” Thomas Rid, a professor of strategic studies at Johns Hopkins University’s School of Advanced International Studies, tweeted last year

https://theintercept.com/2019/09/26/don ... democrats/

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:He's just completely full of shit. I'd call him a liar but he's not smart enough. :lol:
“I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine,” Trump said “they say Crowdstrike… I guess you have one of your wealthy people… The server, they say Ukraine has it.” This is a frankly baffling sequence of sentences for anyone not deeply versed in the alternative reality explanations broadcast nightly on Fox News in support of Trump’s refusal to acknowledge that Russia sabotaged Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign to help elect him president.

CrowdStrike, as Kevin Poulsen explained in The Daily Beast, “enters the picture because it’s the security firm the DNC hired to investigate the breach back in 2016, and the first of many to identify Russia’s military intelligence agency, the GRU, as the perpetrator. A publicly-traded company headquartered in California, CrowdStrike has nothing to do with Ukraine, except in conspiracyland, which pretends that CrowdStrike co-founder Dmitri Alperovitch is Ukrainian, and that he framed Russia for election interference both on the DNC’s orders and to punish Putin for invading his homeland.”

Alperovitch, however, is not Ukrainian. He is an American citizen who was born in Russia and emigrated to the U.S. as a child.

The theory “is absurd for many reasons,” the New York Times cybersecurity reporter Nicole Perlroth observed on Twitter. “The server is not in Ukraine; it’s sitting in the DNC basement. Despite Trump’s repeated claims Democrats withheld the server from the FBI, CrowdStrike and the DNC actually gave all their forensic evidence to the FBI.”

“This DNC-didn’t-give-the-server-to-the-FBI idea makes no sense,” Thomas Rid, a professor of strategic studies at Johns Hopkins University’s School of Advanced International Studies, tweeted last year

https://theintercept.com/2019/09/26/don ... democrats/
The FBI did not get to examine the server, and Crowdstrike only produced a preliminary report and not a final.

This is common knowledge, because Roger Stone was trying to use it as his defense. "If the FBI didn't inspect the server, how do they know the Russians hacked it". That defense was just denied yesterday I believe.

I'm not seeing the server in the Ukraine angle either, but have read that Crowdstrike, in a separate instance, had to walk back claims the Russians hacked the Ukrainian artillery app, which caused them to fire on their own troops.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote:He's just completely full of shit. I'd call him a liar but he's not smart enough. :lol:
The FBI did not get to examine the server, and Crowdstrike only produced a preliminary report and not a final.

This is common knowledge, because Roger Stone was trying to use it as his defense. "If the FBI didn't inspect the server, how do they know the Russians hacked it". That defense was just denied yesterday I believe.

I'm not seeing the server in the Ukraine angle either, but have read that Crowdstrike, in a separate instance, had to walk back claims the Russians hacked the Ukrainian artillery app, which caused them to fire on their own troops.
Sources?

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Where do you think Jelly gets his talking points?
From the White House....

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

We'll see how it shakes down but after Schiff's quotes of the Trump phone call I'm leaning towards:

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Just read the nine-page complaint. The whistleblower concedes there’s hearsay but says that he received similar reports from several officials, not just one. Giuliani comes off as the consigliere, while Trump’s role is more opaque. But, hey, lawyers act at the direction of their clients. Not a good document for Trump.
“Sure. I was wrong.” — 89Hen 7/27/2020

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

Sources?
By the way, this is why when Mueller was in front of committees, he had to clarify his statements in his afternoon session, because the judge on Stones case told him to quit saying "the Russians hacked the DNC", because he had no proof.

https://amgreatness.com/2019/06/19/russ ... rike-ruse/
In response, the government has admitted not only did it fail to do an independent examination on the DNC servers, officials also didn’t obtain a complete copy of CrowdStrike’s final report. CrowdStrike and the DNC only permitted the Department of Justice and FBI to see a redacted draft copy.
I actually posted this weeks ago in the Russia megathread when Stone brought this up as his latest defense ploy.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Oh shit! CNN is getting very moist in the panties now. They're up to an all-caps 72 pt Arial font for their headline today!! :lol:

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

93henfan wrote:Oh shit! CNN is getting very moist in the panties now. They're up to an all-caps 72 pt Arial font for their headline today!! :lol:
I understand they will trot out Greta every hour on the hour to say, "How dare you!" towards Trump.

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote:We'll see how it shakes down but after Schiff's quotes of the Trump phone call I'm leaning towards:

Are you referring to Schiff's opening statement?
All my posts are satire.

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:Just read the nine-page complaint. The whistleblower concedes there’s hearsay but says that he received similar reports from several officials, not just one. Giuliani comes off as the consigliere, while Trump’s role is more opaque. But, hey, lawyers act at the direction of their clients. Not a good document for Trump.
You used “Giuliani” and “consigliere” in one sentence

A cookie for you my good man
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:Just read the nine-page complaint. The whistleblower concedes there’s hearsay but says that he received similar reports from several officials, not just one. Giuliani comes off as the consigliere, while Trump’s role is more opaque. But, hey, lawyers act at the direction of their clients. Not a good document for Trump.
My thoughts as well. It doesn’t look good. Especially the “lock down” of information.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

This is all over Crowdstrike. Dems heard this and are trying to head it off at the pass.

Calling it right now.

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote:
My thoughts as well. It doesn’t look good. Especially the “lock down” of information.
Besides the lock down, it's also telling to he wanted to use Giuliani - his personal attorney - for what Trump claims to be a legitimate investigation. This whole thing smells like a crime and cover-up attempt.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote:This is all over Crowdstrike. Dems heard this and are trying to head it off at the pass.

Calling it right now.
I tried to help you with the Intercept piece.