Political discussions
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by Skjellyfetti »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:19 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:02 pm So Mitt Romney will be the GOP turd in the punchbowl, giving Schumer the chance to say that it’s a bipartisan job after all. :roll:

Doug Jones, OTOH, has just fvcked himself up the ass.
:nod: :nod: :nod:
Same for Susan Collins.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:02 pm So Mitt Romney will be the GOP turd in the punchbowl, giving Schumer the chance to say that it’s a bipartisan job after all. :roll:

:lol: Mittens has never been a fan of Trump. I think he did well. He's going to have hell to pay now. I agree with the abuse of power charge. The obstruction one can be dicey.

Btw, what's the over/under on Trump finishing out his term(s) without a formal censure?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

So impeachment failed? Shocker. :lol: 8-)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

It’s over.
53-47 on obstruction, 52-48 on abuse of power.

No Democrat defections. Only Romney defected on one count.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:02 pm It’s over.

Next time you see your classmate, get the dirt on the whole thing and share with us. :mrgreen:
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Jones would have lost in November, regardless. He had nothing to lose by voting for conviction.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:14 pm
BDKJMU wrote: If someone had a good chance at becoming president, would it be in the national interest to investigate prior alleged corruption by that individual with another country?
Well, if it's in the national interest to investigate them, that's what the Deep State is for.

If it's not in the national interest, your shady personal attorney handles it.

If you have trouble separating the two and your consigliere meddles in foreign policy to benefit you personally... YOU get investigated for corruption. :nod:
When the deep state investigates its own, you get Comey admitting Hillary violated the law but it's all cool because she didn't do it with bad intentions.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JoltinJoe wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:47 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:02 pm It’s over.

Next time you see your classmate, get the dirt on the whole thing and share with us. :mrgreen:
I haven’t seen the CJOTUS in many years, but I still have (and treasure) his congratulatory letter on White House stationery — he was WH counsel during Reagan’s first term — when I made partner at my first law firm. :)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CitadelGrad wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:19 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:14 pm

Well, if it's in the national interest to investigate them, that's what the Deep State is for.

If it's not in the national interest, your shady personal attorney handles it.

If you have trouble separating the two and your consigliere meddles in foreign policy to benefit you personally... YOU get investigated for corruption. :nod:
When the deep state investigates its own, you get Comey admitting Hillary violated the law but it's all cool because she didn't do it with bad intentions.
Isn't that kind of what they just did to Trump?

OMG! TRUMP IS THE DEEP STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:50 pm
JoltinJoe wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:47 pm

I haven’t seen the CJOTUS in many years, but I still have (and treasure) his congratulatory letter on White House stationery — he was WH counsel during Reagan’s first term — when I made partner at my first law firm. :)
That's class. :thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:10 am

No, no, no. It's worse than that ... Trump is the Deeper State! :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

No. Hillary is actually guilty.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CitadelGrad wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:22 pm

No. Hillary is actually guilty.
Of breaking her NDA? Yes. But let's not succumb to situational ethics.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:11 am

Yes, a classy gesture. That letter is a keeper, forever.

It used to be a common practice to send congratulatory notes to classmates when they made partner. I still have my file of letters and it is never far from my desk.

But it just doesn't happen any more. What happened? I guess maybe becoming partner used to be seen as officially landing in the place where you were going to practice for the rest of your career. Not any more. Firms merge; partners jump from one firm to another.

I miss my first firm. What a great place to work. Now it's part of the one largest firms in the world, and everyone I know still there pines for the days when it was just a big New Jersey firm.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:30 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:19 pm

:nod: :nod: :nod:
Same for Susan Collins.
Yes, that's entirely possible. I don't think she's in quite as tenuous of a position as Collins, however....but we shall see... :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

I coached his son in hockey years ago. He was a PITA and I used to stick him in the penalty box at practice when he misbehaved. I had no idea who he was the first time I did it and I saw CJOTUS after and he said that was his son I stuck in the box. I nearly shit, but he actually thanked me. He said he saw what he was doing and would have done the same. He was always nice to the coaches. :thumb:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:00 am
Yes, a classy gesture. That letter is a keeper, forever.

It used to be a common practice to send congratulatory notes to classmates when they made partner. I still have my file of letters and it is never far from my desk.

But it just doesn't happen any more. What happened? I guess maybe becoming partner used to be seen as officially landing in the place where you were going to practice for the rest of your career. Not any more. Firms merge; partners jump from one firm to another.

I miss my first firm. What a great place to work. Now it's part of the one largest firms in the world, and everyone I know still there pines for the days when it was just a big New Jersey firm.
Times sure changed, Joe. I got a bunch of letters when I made partner at my first firm in 1984. By the time I started my own firm in 2006, the congratulatory messages were all e-mails. :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Something I was thinking of last night after I watched both of Trumps speeches: Why is a man who appears to have no religion, or at least not an active participant of one, attacking people for openly expressing their faith? Mittens used his faith as a guide. Who is Trump to say that's right or wrong? And why would the GOP establishment allow that? Pelosi prays for him. True or not - who is he to say she doesn't? Why aren't religious leaders and the Republicans striking down that talk? It's not a policy dispute. This is the President disputing someones religion. Which is ironic coming from him.

Is it fear of upsetting the Donald? Hypocrisy? I'm genuinely curious about this. Who made Trump the a leader and champion of faith?
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:00 am Something I was thinking of last night after I watched both of Trumps speeches: Why is a man who appears to have no religion, or at least not an active participant of one, attacking people for openly expressing their faith? Mittens used his faith as a guide. Who is Trump to say that's right or wrong? And why would the GOP establishment allow that? Pelosi prays for him. True or not - who is he to say she doesn't? Why aren't religious leaders and the Republicans striking down that talk? It's not a policy dispute. This is the President disputing someones religion. Which is ironic coming from him.

Is it fear of upsetting the Donald? Hypocrisy? I'm genuinely curious about this. Who made Trump the a leader and champion of faith?
Because....he....owns....the.....libs. :nod: I think that it is great.....Trump has managed to cheapen and help destroy.....government, politics, religion, institutions.......everything that is old and tired in this country. He is the ultimate cleaner! :nod: :notworthy: :clap:
Go Black Bears!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:00 am Something I was thinking of last night after I watched both of Trumps speeches: Why is a man who appears to have no religion, or at least not an active participant of one, attacking people for openly expressing their faith? Mittens used his faith as a guide. Who is Trump to say that's right or wrong? And why would the GOP establishment allow that? Pelosi prays for him. True or not - who is he to say she doesn't? Why aren't religious leaders and the Republicans striking down that talk? It's not a policy dispute. This is the President disputing someones religion. Which is ironic coming from him.

The American people.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:26 pm

The American people.
Yes! We voted for him. :thumb: And he has made us all more wealthy, healthy and happy! God bless Donald Trump! :nod: :notworthy:
Go Black Bears!
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Trump hasn’t cheapened anything that we haven’t already cheapened ourselves.

How can people who want to radically change our institutions have all these histrionics about them being cheapened? Finding extra-Constitutional ways to fight wars, fight crime, spend money, elect leaders, restrict personal liberties....That is the ultimate goal- just ask any BernieBro

Trump isn’t the disease, he’s just a symptom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:20 pm Trump hasn’t cheapened anything that we haven’t already cheapened ourselves.

How can people who want to radically change our institutions have all these histrionics about them being cheapened? Finding extra-Constitutional ways to fight wars, fight crime, spend money, elect leaders, restrict personal liberties....That is the ultimate goal- just ask any BernieBro

Trump isn’t the disease, he’s just a symptom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's not a symptom.....he's a blessing. America needs him.....America needs a cleaner. :nod: :thumb:
Go Black Bears!