Impeach Trump!

Political discussions
User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53859
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by AZGrizFan »

Aho Old Guy wrote::dunce:
I'll give her credit for treading water, which is a lot to be said these days.

After **Boner** and Lyin' Ryan, we will see how well Fancy Nancy keeps her caucus together. The Neander-Cons failed with the Free-Dumb Caucus -- it remains to be seen if the Dims will manage those Commie-Socialist-Leftist agitators Hell-bent on destroying Amuricah ...
CID1990 wrote:
That wasn’t bait I was laying

All I was saying is that she’s one of the smartest people in Congress

I put her somewhere between Trump and the Cookie Monster


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your posts are harder to interpret than SuperHorney’s..... :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Winterborn
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4306
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: After awhile, both sides would either grow weary of the tactic and/or get voted out of office for a lack of governance. They’d have to eventually, you know, be adults and compromise or nothing gets done (which isn’t always a bad thing).
So far the only thing that politicians seem to be able to compromise on, is in areas that enrich themselves or certain constituents and spending tax payer money. That and slinging mud at one another......

Outside of a relative few there does not seem to be many "adults" or people who wish to be adults in either party. Which in a way reflects the people who voted them into office in the first place.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17651
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Aho Old Guy wrote::dunce:
I'll give her credit for treading water, which is a lot to be said these days.

After **Boner** and Lyin' Ryan, we will see how well Fancy Nancy keeps her caucus together. The Neander-Cons failed with the Free-Dumb Caucus -- it remains to be seen if the Dims will manage those Commie-Socialist-Leftist agitators Hell-bent on destroying Amuricah ...

Your posts are harder to interpret than SuperHorney’s..... :coffee: :coffee:
yeah but it gives you a lot of room to decide which way to argue :lol:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53859
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Your posts are harder to interpret than SuperHorney’s..... :coffee: :coffee:
yeah but it gives you a lot of room to decide which way to argue :lol:
No shit. :ohno:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18444
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by JohnStOnge »

css75 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Oh. so let's say a President of the United States is in Alabama with his wife. He gets pissed of at his wife and strangles her to death. It's obvious he did it and no one disputes it. So you're saying the State of Alabama can't prosecute him for homicide?

And it's not paralyzing. The government of the United States can function fine without input from the President.

PLUS: There is nothing in the Constitution that says a President is not accountable for violations of the law just like any other person in the United States is.

That is in effect to protect the president from fake charges like this so called whistleblower and Steele Dossier.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As I said in another post: The Steele Dossier has not been shown to be fake and some of it has been verified. You really, really need to break free from the cult and quit repeating those talking points.

Referencing the whistleblower thing is even worse because we have the President releasing a call summary that validates what the whistleblower reported.

To use a cliche: Quit drinking the Kool Aid.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23937
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
css75 wrote:

That is in effect to protect the president from fake charges like this so called whistleblower and Steele Dossier.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As I said in another post: The Steele Dossier has not been shown to be fake and some of it has been verified. You really, really need to break free from the cult and quit repeating those talking points.

Referencing the whistleblower thing is even worse because we have the President releasing a call summary that validates what the whistleblower reported.

To use a cliche: Quit drinking the Kool Aid.
Which parts of the dossier were verified, John?

That Trump did in fact travel to Russia?

What in the dossier was verified that was not already in the public domain?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18444
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
Which parts of the dossier were verified, John?

That Trump did in fact travel to Russia?

What in the dossier was verified that was not already in the public domain?
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-d ... now-777116

If it weren't in the public domain I wouldn't know about it so I don't quite know what you're getting at there.

Notice that in that article there are things that are "unproven." But there is nothing that is "disproven."
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18444
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by JohnStOnge »

Here's another article on the Steele Dossier:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/politics ... index.html

The point is, this Right Wing talking point about it being "Fake" is nonsense. It has not been shown to be so.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2513
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by css75 »

Yeah, with sources like CNN and Newsweek, what could be wrong with that?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11103
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by HI54UNI »

Spoiler: show
Yes I know this is a parody.
All my posts are satire.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23937
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Which parts of the dossier were verified, John?

That Trump did in fact travel to Russia?

What in the dossier was verified that was not already in the public domain?
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-d ... now-777116

If it weren't in the public domain I wouldn't know about it so I don't quite know what you're getting at there.

Notice that in that article there are things that are "unproven." But there is nothing that is "disproven."
Carter Page met with Rosneft. Ok- that wasn’t public domain

The other two - that Russian social media was targeting US youth... that is not a revelation. Newsweek may have well as said, “Russia meddles in US elections - VERIFIED”

Trump maintains ties with Azerbaijani he worked on the Miss Universe Pageant ... I’ll just leave that one there.

That’s pretty weak sauce, Agent Mulder. Steele was a known quantity at the FBI and his track record isn’t all that great. If that’s all that’s verified in the dossier after a special prosecutor, the entire CI side of the FBI, and legions of the speculative US news media could glean from it then I’d say Steele’s batting average hasn’t improved.

That said, I hope the Clinton campaign’s proxies paid him a LOT of money (read: set money on fire)

BTW- nobody has disproven the existence of Gawd, either


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13216
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:the entire CI side of the FBI
We don't know what came out of the CI investigation.

It's not even clear if its still ongoing or not.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23937
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:the entire CI side of the FBI
We don't know what came out of the CI investigation.

It's not even clear if its still ongoing or not.
The last logic exercise I gave you didn’t go well for you, Reek. You want another so soon?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13216
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by Skjellyfetti »

I'm not saying we can assume more of the Steele dossier was confirmed by the CI investigation. I'm saying we don't know. You said that "the entire CI investigation" confirmed little of the Steele dossier. What are you basing that on? Do you know any (much less the entire) conclusions of the CI investigation? Do you even know if it's finished or ongoing? :?

You should give yourself your logic lesson.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14332
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by GannonFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
css75 wrote:

That is in effect to protect the president from fake charges like this so called whistleblower and Steele Dossier.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As I said in another post: The Steele Dossier has not been shown to be fake and some of it has been verified. You really, really need to break free from the cult and quit repeating those talking points.

Referencing the whistleblower thing is even worse because we have the President releasing a call summary that validates what the whistleblower reported.

To use a cliche: Quit drinking the Kool Aid.
Of course, the big elephant in the room regarding the Steele Dossier is that it involved one political campaign (actually, more than one) paying foreign entities money to collect dirt on another political campaign. And then that information, in some part, fed into the federal investigation of the next Presidential administration. Hard to get around the idea of political campaigns paying foreign countries to come up with damaging information regarding political opponents. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23937
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:I'm not saying we can assume more of the Steele dossier was confirmed by the CI investigation. I'm saying we don't know. You said that "the entire CI investigation" confirmed little of the Steele dossier. What are you basing that on? Do you know any (much less the entire) conclusions of the CI investigation? Do you even know if it's finished or ongoing? :?

You should give yourself your logic lesson.
You are correct, Reek. You don’t know.

But anyone who knows anything about the “CI side” of the FBI (not “the CI investigation”... note how you changed what I said) knows that there is no ongoing CI investigation into the Steele dossier - because the special prosecutor handled that inquiry. Any inquiry by the FBI itself ended with the Mueller’s appointment. They had their crack at it prior to that.

So yes, Reek, I know whether it is finished or ongoing, and if you had any common sense or knowledge of the organizational culture you’d know it too, instead of coming back for another beating.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 46564
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by kalm »

Gators and snakes? He seriously had them look into it and price it out?

Sweet Jesus! :rofl:

Forget impeachment. It’s 25th amendment time.

:nod:
Image
Image
Image

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54443
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote:Gators and snakes? He seriously had them look into it and price it out?

Sweet Jesus! :rofl:

Forget impeachment. It’s 25th amendment time.

:nod:
And shooting them in the legs. :thumb:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13216
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:But anyone who knows anything about the “CI side” of the FBI (not “the CI investigation”... note how you changed what I said) knows that there is no ongoing CI investigation into the Steele dossier - because the special prosecutor handled that inquiry. Any inquiry by the FBI itself ended with the Mueller’s appointment. They had their crack at it prior to that.

So yes, Reek, I know whether it is finished or ongoing, and if you had any common sense or knowledge of the organizational culture you’d know it too, instead of coming back for another beating.
Not true. Mueller's investigation and resulting report were focused on crimes. The FBI's CI investigation remained (and, perhaps remains) separate.
Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi brought up how earlier in the day Mueller described his report as “detailing a criminal investigation” and Mueller agreed with his characterization. The Democrat from Illinois said “since it was outside the purview of your investigation, your report did not reach counterintelligence conclusions regarding the subject matter of your report.”

“That’s true,” Mueller replied.


“For instance, since it was outside your purview, your report did not reach counterintelligence conclusions regarding any Trump administration officials who might potentially be vulnerable to compromise or blackmail by Russia, correct?” Krishnamoorthi asked.

Mueller indicated those determinations were likely made by the FBI and did not make it into his report because “we advert to the counterintelligence goals of our investigation which were secondary to any criminal wrongdoing that we could find.”

Moving on to “counterintelligence risks associated with lying," Krishnamoorthi asked Mueller whether individuals could be blackmailed if they lie about their contacts with foreign nations. Mueller agreed.

“For example, you successfully charged former national security adviser Michael Flynn of lying to federal agents about his conversations with Russian officials, correct?” Krishnamoorthi asked.

Mueller agreed again.

“Since it was outside the purview of your investigation, your report did not address how Flynn's false statements could pose a national security risk because the Russians knew the falsity of those statements, right?” Krishnamoorthi continued.

In what looked to be a confirmation of ongoing counterintelligence inquiries within the bureau, Mueller said he “cannot get into that mainly because there are many elements of the FBI that are looking at different aspects of that issue.”

“Currently?” Krishnamoorthi asked.

“Currently,” Mueller replied.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... el-inquiry
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2513
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by css75 »

Sorry to disappoint you rabid pro Impeachers. The NYT said the so called whistle blower met with Schiff prior to submitting statement, which shows Schiff probably gave guidance to this. Also, rewriting the rules so hearsay could be used just before this apis certainly skeptic ready.

Basically, this all makes another big fat nothing and jelly, JSO and other haters will end up with egg on their faces. AGAIN!!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54443
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by Ibanez »

css75 wrote:Sorry to disappoint you rabid pro Impeachers. The NYT said the so called whistle blower met with Schiff prior to submitting statement, which shows Schiff probably gave guidance to this. Also, rewriting the rules so hearsay could be used just before this apis certainly skeptic ready.

Basically, this all makes another big fat nothing Image and jelly, JSO and other haters will end up with egg on their faces. AGAIN!!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Actually it shows that he met with Schiff. Nothing more. I'd like to see your evidence.

And the rules weren't re-written. That's been debunked.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23937
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:But anyone who knows anything about the “CI side” of the FBI (not “the CI investigation”... note how you changed what I said) knows that there is no ongoing CI investigation into the Steele dossier - because the special prosecutor handled that inquiry. Any inquiry by the FBI itself ended with the Mueller’s appointment. They had their crack at it prior to that.

So yes, Reek, I know whether it is finished or ongoing, and if you had any common sense or knowledge of the organizational culture you’d know it too, instead of coming back for another beating.
Not true. Mueller's investigation and resulting report were focused on crimes. The FBI's CI investigation remained (and, perhaps remains) separate.
Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi brought up how earlier in the day Mueller described his report as “detailing a criminal investigation” and Mueller agreed with his characterization. The Democrat from Illinois said “since it was outside the purview of your investigation, your report did not reach counterintelligence conclusions regarding the subject matter of your report.”

“That’s true,” Mueller replied.


“For instance, since it was outside your purview, your report did not reach counterintelligence conclusions regarding any Trump administration officials who might potentially be vulnerable to compromise or blackmail by Russia, correct?” Krishnamoorthi asked.

Mueller indicated those determinations were likely made by the FBI and did not make it into his report because “we advert to the counterintelligence goals of our investigation which were secondary to any criminal wrongdoing that we could find.”

Moving on to “counterintelligence risks associated with lying," Krishnamoorthi asked Mueller whether individuals could be blackmailed if they lie about their contacts with foreign nations. Mueller agreed.

“For example, you successfully charged former national security adviser Michael Flynn of lying to federal agents about his conversations with Russian officials, correct?” Krishnamoorthi asked.

Mueller agreed again.

“Since it was outside the purview of your investigation, your report did not address how Flynn's false statements could pose a national security risk because the Russians knew the falsity of those statements, right?” Krishnamoorthi continued.

In what looked to be a confirmation of ongoing counterintelligence inquiries within the bureau, Mueller said he “cannot get into that mainly because there are many elements of the FBI that are looking at different aspects of that issue.”

“Currently?” Krishnamoorthi asked.

“Currently,” Mueller replied.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... el-inquiry
You’ve already shown your ignorance - there’s no need to double down on it, Reek

Your bolded part indicates that Mueller didn’t consider counterintel issues (true) but it doesn’t indicate that there is a CI investigation into the Steele dossier (there isn’t)

Mueller later says that there are other parts currently looking into the natsec implications of Flynn lying to investigators - which is something that, in spite of what Mueller says, cannot be followed up because the facts are already known: that Flynn lied about talking to Russians - he can’t be blackmailed on that because he was charged and it is in the Mueller report.

So contra what Mueller said, to be “investigating” the implications of what Flynn said is completely unnecessary, and therefore a waste of time.

Normally I’d say that surely this doesn’t have to be explained to a logical person but obviously that isn’t the case here.

I suppose as the weeks, months, and years go by I’ll have to check back with you about the results of the CI investigation over whether or not Trump really did have hookers pee on him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2513
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by css75 »

Ibanez wrote:
css75 wrote:Sorry to disappoint you rabid pro Impeachers. The NYT said the so called whistle blower met with Schiff prior to submitting statement, which shows Schiff probably gave guidance to this. Also, rewriting the rules so hearsay could be used just before this apis certainly skeptic ready.

Basically, this all makes another big fat nothing Image and jelly, JSO and other haters will end up with egg on their faces. AGAIN!!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Actually it shows that he met with Schiff. Nothing more. I'd like to see your evidence.

And the rules weren't re-written. That's been debunked.

Meeting with Schiff looks very suspicious, whether there was anything to it or not.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54443
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by Ibanez »

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
Actually it shows that he met with Schiff. Nothing more. I'd like to see your evidence.

And the rules weren't re-written. That's been debunked.

Meeting with Schiff looks very suspicious, whether there was anything to it or not.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And responding to a statement about buying weapons by asking for a favor isn’t?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18444
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by JohnStOnge »

css75 wrote:Yeah, with sources like CNN and Newsweek, what could be wrong with that?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A lot less than what could be wrong with the sources the right has been tending to use in recent years.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

Post Reply