Impeachment Poll

Political discussions

What'll Happen?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:03 am

Trump Impeached
10
29%
Trump Impeached and Convicted
0
No votes
Trump Impeached but then resigns
0
No votes
Trump resigns before impeachment
3
9%
Nothing
22
63%
 
Total votes: 35

mainejeff2
Level1
Level1
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:40 am

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby mainejeff2 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:19 am

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
There are numerous smoking guns.

But I agree that there aren't any that would cause Republicans in the Senate to vote to convict. That's because the Republican Party is now completely corrupt. They all know the guy should be removed from office. But they're not going to do it because they care more about their Party and their own holding on to office than they do about the Country.


You’ve said the same thing in three posts across two threads in the last 10 minutes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Facts are boring...and repetitive.

:coffee:

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11401
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby Col Hogan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:11 am

Ibanez wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:So choice #1 should be read as “impeached but not convicted”?

Or “impeached by House but not voted on in Senate” (as suggested by 93)?

No I thought about that. There is no way the Reps don’t bring it to a vote. I don’t think they’d be that foolish.

But stranger things have happened.


Read an article this evening in which some GOP consultant claims that a Republican Senator told him of the vote were secret, then about 30 Republicans would vote to impeach. Cowards.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I agree that they are cowards...

But I believe there are several Democratic House members who wish they could vote in a secret ballot because their constitutants are Trump supporters...I read an article in The NY Times the other day where a reporter went to several union meetings in PA...a vast majority of the members voted for Trump in 2016, and intend to vote for him again in 2020...

One member put it this way...”I still register as a Democrat because of my union membership...but the Democratic Party has gone too far left for me...I supported the President in 2016, and I’ll vote for him again in 2020...”

I bet the democratic representative from those districts wish they could vote secretly...

:coffee:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21618
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby CID1990 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:19 am

mainejeff2 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
You’ve said the same thing in three posts across two threads in the last 10 minutes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Facts are boring...and repetitive.

:coffee:


Coming from such a fact challenged person I’m not surprised by you, Jearf


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
CitadelGrad
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4696
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:19 pm
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid
Location: St. Louis

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby CitadelGrad » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:18 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:Pee on butt.

But, it doesn't matter, he won't be convicted. Impeachment will hopefully help speed subpoenas through the court and give House Committees a stronger case.


A stronger case that Biden and his son were involved in influence peddling while Biden was the sitting VPOTUS?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18098
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby Chizzang » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:34 pm

The "Trump Resigns" option will never happen... he'd rather die that relinquish control

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10141
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby ∞∞∞ » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:41 pm

Chizzang wrote:The "Trump Resigns" option will never happen... he'd rather die that relinquish control

:lol:

I don't know, he might want to resign. Resigning gives Pence the option to pardon him so he can live his life overseas in relative freedom. There's probably others tied to Trump who are in self-preservation mode right now, and might be advising him to do it so they can get pardons as well.

If he wants to gamble on 2020 and loses, he'll definitely be arrested (and likely convicted).

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51252
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby AZGrizFan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:53 pm

Col Hogan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:No I thought about that. There is no way the Reps don’t bring it to a vote. I don’t think they’d be that foolish.

But stranger things have happened.


Read an article this evening in which some GOP consultant claims that a Republican Senator told him of the vote were secret, then about 30 Republicans would vote to impeach. Cowards.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I agree that they are cowards...

But I believe there are several Democratic House members who wish they could vote in a secret ballot because their constitutants are Trump supporters...I read an article in The NY Times the other day where a reporter went to several union meetings in PA...a vast majority of the members voted for Trump in 2016, and intend to vote for him again in 2020...

One member put it this way...”I still register as a Democrat because of my union membership...but the Democratic Party has gone too far left for me...I supported the President in 2016, and I’ll vote for him again in 2020...”

I bet the democratic representative from those districts wish they could vote secretly...

:coffee:


There's no doubt. And one of the largest Police Unions in the country just endorsed him again. :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18098
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby Chizzang » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:54 pm

∞∞∞ wrote:
Chizzang wrote:The "Trump Resigns" option will never happen... he'd rather die that relinquish control

:lol:

I don't know, he might want to resign. Resigning gives Pence the option to pardon him so he can live his life overseas in relative freedom. There's probably others tied to Trump who are in self-preservation mode right now, and might be advising him to do it so they can get pardons as well.

If he wants to gamble on 2020 and loses, he'll definitely be arrested (and likely convicted).


10 points of overt obstruction...
that nobody cared to read in the report and two campaign finance illegalities

:lol:

but who's counting
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6586
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:42 pm

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby JoltinJoe » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:15 pm

CAA Flagship wrote:
93henfan wrote:If I was king for a day, I would have Trump resign and Kasich run in 2020.

No. We need someone that will keep the pedal to the metal. In baseball terms, Kasich is a singles hitter and an average fielder. We need someone with home run power and cat-like quickness in the field. Someone like......

Image


Print that photo and paste it on your cabinets and fridge, and you will never get fat.

User avatar
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:18 pm
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby Aho Old Guy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:25 pm

He will resign after he is NOT impeached and NOT convicted.

No reason to put the USA in this mess with an impeachment without conviction. The Dims should make President Cheetos sweat it out with a 'moderate liberal' plan of good gov't, consistency, and transparency (good luck with that).

On April 1st, 2020, tHump will resign and close his campaign. My understanding is that the fund balance of the revenues of the campaign are effectively tax-free for the candidate upon such closure.

Yeah. He is that kind of douche.
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51279
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby Ibanez » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:26 pm

Aho Old Guy wrote:He will resign after he is NOT impeached and NOT convicted.

No reason to put the USA in this mess with an impeachment without conviction. The Dims should make President Cheetos sweat it out with a 'moderate liberal' plan of good gov't, consistency, and transparency (good luck with that).

On April 1st, 2020, tHump will resign and close his campaign. My understanding is that the fund balance of the revenues of the campaign are effectively tax-free for the candidate upon such closure.

Yeah. He is that kind of douche.
He'd have to either return campaign contributions or transfer. He can't raise the money and then pocket it.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:18 pm
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby Aho Old Guy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:44 pm

After he spends $1B+ **closing-out** his campaign **expenses** (nod-nod wink-wink) ...
He could leave it to Vice President Hey-Zeus and Liberty U.

Ibanez wrote:
Aho Old Guy wrote:He will resign after he is NOT impeached and NOT convicted.

No reason to put the USA in this mess with an impeachment without conviction. The Dims should make President Cheetos sweat it out with a 'moderate liberal' plan of good gov't, consistency, and transparency (good luck with that).

On April 1st, 2020, tHump will resign and close his campaign. My understanding is that the fund balance of the revenues of the campaign are effectively tax-free for the candidate upon such closure.

Yeah. He is that kind of douche.
He'd have to either return campaign contributions or transfer. He can't raise the money and then pocket it.
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23244
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby Ivytalk » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:57 pm

∞∞∞ wrote:
Chizzang wrote:The "Trump Resigns" option will never happen... he'd rather die that relinquish control

:lol:

I don't know, he might want to resign. Resigning gives Pence the option to pardon him so he can live his life overseas in relative freedom. There's probably others tied to Trump who are in self-preservation mode right now, and might be advising him to do it so they can get pardons as well.

If he wants to gamble on 2020 and loses, he'll definitely be arrested (and likely convicted).

What’s the least likely scenario for him to be perceived as a “Loser”? That’s the one he’ll likely follow. His lifelong tendency to “double down” on slights (real or imagined) and to emphasize “winning” at all costs leads me to think that he’ll pursue a scorched-earth approach to 2020, at least for now. But if the evidence looks bleak for him, he may “declare victory” and retire to Ireland or some other tax haven. At his core, he’s a self-preserving coward.
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10141
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby ∞∞∞ » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:09 pm

Ivytalk wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I don't know, he might want to resign. Resigning gives Pence the option to pardon him so he can live his life overseas in relative freedom. There's probably others tied to Trump who are in self-preservation mode right now, and might be advising him to do it so they can get pardons as well.

If he wants to gamble on 2020 and loses, he'll definitely be arrested (and likely convicted).

What’s the least likely scenario for him to be perceived as a “Loser”? That’s the one he’ll likely follow. His lifelong tendency to “double down” on slights (real or imagined) and to emphasize “winning” at all costs leads me to think that he’ll pursue a scorched-earth approach to 2020, at least for now. But if the evidence looks bleak for him, he may “declare victory” and retire to Ireland or some other tax haven. At his core, he’s a self-preserving coward.

He definitely wants to go to a country with bad US relations. Our allies think little of him already and there's no way any friendly nation protects Trump to risk their relationship with the US.

He pretty much risks extradition if he goes to Ireland, or anywhere someone would want to go.

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51279
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby Ibanez » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:19 pm

Ivytalk wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I don't know, he might want to resign. Resigning gives Pence the option to pardon him so he can live his life overseas in relative freedom. There's probably others tied to Trump who are in self-preservation mode right now, and might be advising him to do it so they can get pardons as well.

If he wants to gamble on 2020 and loses, he'll definitely be arrested (and likely convicted).

What’s the least likely scenario for him to be perceived as a “Loser”? That’s the one he’ll likely follow. His lifelong tendency to “double down” on slights (real or imagined) and to emphasize “winning” at all costs leads me to think that he’ll pursue a scorched-earth approach to 2020, at least for now. But if the evidence looks bleak for him, he may “declare victory” and retire to Ireland or some other tax haven. At his core, he’s a self-preserving coward.

I guess seppuku is too much to ask for? Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51279
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby Ibanez » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:20 pm

∞∞∞ wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:What’s the least likely scenario for him to be perceived as a “Loser”? That’s the one he’ll likely follow. His lifelong tendency to “double down” on slights (real or imagined) and to emphasize “winning” at all costs leads me to think that he’ll pursue a scorched-earth approach to 2020, at least for now. But if the evidence looks bleak for him, he may “declare victory” and retire to Ireland or some other tax haven. At his core, he’s a self-preserving coward.

He definitely wants to go to a country with bad US relations. Our allies think little of him already and there's no way any friendly nation protects Trump to risk their relationship with the US.

He pretty much risks extradition if he goes to Ireland, or anywhere someone would want to go.

Unless he is pardoned by Pence.



Watch him pardon Manafort and Stone, resign then be pardoned by Pence.


Actually - if that were to occur how great would it be if Pence grew a set and didn’t pardon?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34539
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby CAA Flagship » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Not sure where the pardon talk is coming from. According to CNN about 10 minutes ago, there is no criminality yet. Everything is political to this point.

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10141
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby ∞∞∞ » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:48 pm

Ibanez wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:He definitely wants to go to a country with bad US relations. Our allies think little of him already and there's no way any friendly nation protects Trump to risk their relationship with the US.

He pretty much risks extradition if he goes to Ireland, or anywhere someone would want to go.

Unless he is pardoned by Pence.

I'm assuming the NY AG will get him if he's in the US.

Actually can someone be extradited for state charges if pardoned for federal crimes?

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18098
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby Chizzang » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:49 pm

CAA Flagship wrote:Not sure where the pardon talk is coming from. According to CNN about 10 minutes ago, there is no criminality yet. Everything is political to this point.


The only pardon is going to be when Trump tells Pelosi to step aside (pardon me) after he drops the mic

:lol:

This is a pipe dream
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
Posts: 15810
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:24 pm
I am a fan of: Sac State
Location: Lodi, CA

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby SuperHornet » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:57 pm

Christie had better fix his pant cuffs. SMH....
Image

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21618
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby CID1990 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:54 pm

Boy you guys are spooging all over the place now


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15630
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby BDKJMU » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:08 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
You’ve said the same thing in three posts across two threads in the last 10 minutes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


The Republican Party is totally corrupt right now.

Ok JSOCD..

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15630
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby BDKJMU » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:15 pm

∞∞∞ wrote:
Chizzang wrote:The "Trump Resigns" option will never happen... he'd rather die that relinquish control

:lol:

I don't know, he might want to resign. Resigning gives Pence the option to pardon him so he can live his life overseas in relative freedom. There's probably others tied to Trump who are in self-preservation mode right now, and might be advising him to do it so they can get pardons as well.

If he wants to gamble on 2020 and loses, he'll definitely be arrested (and likely convicted).

Arrested and convicted for what? Pissing off libtards like you?

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15630
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby BDKJMU » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:21 pm

Ibanez wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:He definitely wants to go to a country with bad US relations. Our allies think little of him already and there's no way any friendly nation protects Trump to risk their relationship with the US.

He pretty much risks extradition if he goes to Ireland, or anywhere someone would want to go.

Unless he is pardoned by Pence.



Watch him pardon Manafort and Stone, resign then be pardoned by Pence.


Actually - if that were to occur how great would it be if Pence grew a set and didn’t pardon?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pardoned for what?

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15630
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Impeachment Poll

Postby BDKJMU » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:27 pm

CAA Flagship wrote:Not sure where the pardon talk is coming from. According to CNN about 10 minutes ago, there is no criminality yet. Everything is political to this point.

Yep.


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: houndawg, MSN [Bot] and 166 guests