AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Impeachment Poll

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Did you have a problem when VP Biden did worse?
All corruption is wrong. :nod:
Then why would you have a problem with Trump requesting help from the only guy who could actually provide it regarding Biden’s actions?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
All corruption is wrong. :nod:
Then why would you have a problem with Trump requesting help from the only guy who could actually provide it regarding Biden’s actions?
Good old fashioned legalized corruption in another country is a different situation than bribing a foreign government to pursue a campaign opponent. But perhaps they both should be investigated? The right way?
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

:lol:
Trump's Special Envoy to Ukraine, Kurt Volker, RESIGNS
amid whistleblower complaint that said he worked with Rudy Giuliani
President Donald Trump's envoy to Ukraine has resigned as Special Representative, just one day after the whistleblower's complaint was made public.

Kurt Volker, who was named in the complaint, met with Mike Pompeo on Friday to announce the news, according to State Press.

The CIA agent whistleblower's complaint, released publicly on Thursday, described Volker - who is Executive Director of the McCain Institute at ASU - as trying to 'contain the damage' done by Trump.

Volker connected Guiliani to President Volodymyr Zelensky after Trump instructed staff to cut military help if the Ukraine failed to get dirt on Joe Biden's son Hunter, the intelligence whistleblower claimed.

Volker and the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, Gordon Sondland, spoke to Ukrainian officials about how to navigate pressure from Trump, according to the whistleblower...

The complaint also claimed that Ulrich Brechbuhl, a deputy to Mike Pompeo at the State Department, was on the call with the president. It refers to the president's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, and the United States Attorney General William Barr as having played central roles in the president's conversation.
Circle the wagons!
houndawg wrote:
css75 wrote:
Over the past few years Hannity and Rush have been proven to be more accurate than MSNBC, CNN and other MSM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You gotta send me some of what you're smoking.
Yeah ... I snorted on that one.
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

That's a good thing. Need Trump to resign in time for Kasich to run.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
I see you got the Hannity/Rush talking points memorized...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is any of that untrue?

* 2nd hand evidence
* Intel changed the whistleblower requirement in August
* Complaint looks like it was written by an attorney

Yes?
No?
Maybe?
2nd hand evidence which has been corroborated by Trump and the White House. Sounds like the guy has some credibility.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
I see you got the Hannity/Rush talking points memorized...

Over the past few years Hannity and Rush have been proven to be more accurate than MSNBC, CNN and other MSM.

I’d like to see the facts on that. I shouldn’t trust your 2nd hand accounts.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
I think he'll be impeached, its their duty. If enough comes out that a few Republicans go soft on him I think he'd resign in order to keep his pension and SS protection, which he's going to need when he leaves office.

I'm still trying to decide which is the more stupid behavior:

Shaking down a foreign leader when you know your conversation is being monitored by an agency who hates your guts with white-hot passion OR

Bringing in Rudy G as the "fixer".
All corruption is wrong. But Biden isn’t POTUS. Let’s review all the facts before jumping to conclusions.

css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

houndawg wrote:
GannonFan wrote:I find it really hard to see the Democrats actually going through with the impeachment. There's zero chance of conviction at this point, unless something else comes out. There's not a smoking gun yet that will turn the Senate to vote to convict. The speed at which the administration is responding to things surely makes it looks like they want all of this to happen, and I don't doubt that Trump has been thinking impeachment is his best campaign tool for 2020. But for this poll, the only two viable options are impeach or nothing - I think Pelosi won't be able to hold back her herd, so I say impeach.
I think he'll be impeached, its their duty. If enough comes out that a few Republicans go soft on him I think he'd resign in order to keep his pension and SS protection, which he's going to need when he leaves office.

Shaking down a foreign leader when you know your conversation is being monitored by an agency who hates your guts with white-hot passion OR

.your tds is firing up, there was no shakedown.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Is any of that untrue?

* 2nd hand evidence
* Intel changed the whistleblower requirement in August
* Complaint looks like it was written by an attorney

Yes?
No?
Maybe?
2nd hand evidence which has been corroborated by Trump and the White House. Sounds like the guy has some credibility.

Except that wasn’t my question. Are the “Rush Limbaugh and Hannity talking points” true or untrue?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
All corruption is wrong. But Biden isn’t POTUS. Let’s review all the facts before jumping to conclusions.

If all corruption is wrong (and I agree there) shouldn't we hold all politicians to the same standard? Doesn't matter if they are a junior House member, VP, or the POTUS?
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Bobcat
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

CAA Flagship wrote:Not sure where the pardon talk is coming from. According to CNN about 10 minutes ago, there is no criminality yet. Everything is political to this point.
There is nothing Trump has done to warrant being impeached, you can't impeach somebody simply because you don't like them winning an election. There are plenty of reasons for people to hate Trump but he has not broken any laws. I wish he would go away and get somebody relatively stable in office, Trumps antics are getting old and over played.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:

I don't recall seeing it in the news
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

css75 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

you're already better than Rudy. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: 2nd hand evidence which has been corroborated by Trump and the White House. Sounds like the guy has some credibility.

Except that wasn’t my question. Are the “Rush Limbaugh and Hannity talking points” true or untrue?
The conspiracy theories that are coming out of this event are priceless. Let’s wait for the facts. Let’s wait for Trump to corroborate more of what the whistle blower has said.

Besides - republicans didn’t have a problem with 2nd hand accounts when they listened to Linda Tripp back in the 90s, so why now? Lady Graham sang a different tune 20yrs ago. Hell, 4 yrs ago he said Trump would destroy the country.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote:
Ibanez wrote: All corruption is wrong. But Biden isn’t POTUS. Let’s review all the facts before jumping to conclusions.

If all corruption is wrong (and I agree there) shouldn't we hold all politicians to the same standard? Doesn't matter if they are a junior House member, VP, or the POTUS?
Yup. Let’s grab our nuts and hold them accountable.

We won’t though.

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Bobcat wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:Not sure where the pardon talk is coming from. According to CNN about 10 minutes ago, there is no criminality yet. Everything is political to this point.
There is nothing Trump has done to warrant being impeached, you can't impeach somebody simply because you don't like them winning an election. There are plenty of reasons for people to hate Trump but he has not broken any laws. I wish he would go away and get somebody relatively stable in office, Trumps antics are getting old and over played.
Actually I think you can (because you can easily find a reason). It's a political process. All you need is votes. The only thing keeping impeachments in check are the political ramifications (see voters).
css75
Level3
Level3

Impeachment Poll

Post by css75 »

houndawg wrote:
css75 wrote:

And you are a product of the MSM, you wouldn’t know the truth if it bit you on the butt. You probably think Schiff’s fiction is fact.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

css75 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
And you are a product of the MSM, you wouldn’t know the truth if it bit you on the butt. You probably think Schiff’s fiction is fact.

I was listening to msm before you were born, snotnose. :coffee:

You should have that AOCD checked out, it seems to have aggravated your butthurt.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

I don't recall seeing it in the news
Shocker.. :roll:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

houndawg wrote:
css75 wrote:

You should have that AOCD checked out, it seems to have aggravated your butthurt.
AOC is merely comic relief, you must be older than dirt to be older than me. Have you heard the saying, to be young and conservative means you have no heart, to be old and liberal means you have no brain.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Psst...Donald...they were going to vote for you anyway. Might want to go and court some independent and establishment conks. :?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:Psst...Donald...they were going to vote for you anyway. Might want to go and court some independent and establishment conks. :?

Meh. What did Father Guido Sarducci say? :angel:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

css75 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

AOC is merely comic relief, you must be older than dirt to be older than me. Have you heard the saying, to be young and conservative means you have no heart, to be old and liberal means you have no brain.

Why, yes, junior, I have heard that one. Some young hothead said it long ago. :coffee:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I didn't stick around long enough to get the details this morning, but on CBS This Morning, someone was mentioning that this whole impeachment thing might well blow up in the Democrats' face, with Trump surviving and Biden losing out.

Of course, that COULD just mean that one of the other Donkey candidates wins in November, but particularly for those in the Congress right now, a failed impeachment bid could backfire on THEM, too....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

I have maintained all along Biden will be Big loser in this charade.