Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Political discussions
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10115
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby ∞∞∞ » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:40 pm

kalm wrote:So it sounds like Turkey has already started their offensive.

Let's remember today when 10 years from now we're facing a wave of Kurdish terrorism.

We now tear up treaties, abandon allies, praise dictators, and dismiss murder. With friends like the US...
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5697
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby UNI88 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:44 pm

mainejeff2 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
I agree with everything here except blaming only the GOP. Both parties have participated in fvcking over the Kurds.


Do Republicans & Democrats have Co-Presidents in the White House right now? :roll:

But but but......Clinton/Obama did it.......but but but.

STFU.

:coffee:


Check your history. The Kurds have been getting fvcked over for a lot longer than the Clintons and Obama have been around.

I'll STFU when you get your brainstem to start functioning so that you can think for yourself.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21364
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby CID1990 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:02 pm

∞∞∞ wrote:
kalm wrote:So it sounds like Turkey has already started their offensive.

Let's remember today when 10 years from now we're facing a wave of Kurdish terrorism.

We now tear up treaties, abandon allies, praise dictators, and dismiss murder. With friends like the US...


Well well

Look who stopped by - none other than Graham Martin hisself

You should have voted for John “forever war” McCain


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby JohnStOnge » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:15 pm

Occam's razor: Trump is an idiot.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10115
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby ∞∞∞ » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:31 am

CID1990 wrote:Well well

Look who stopped by - none other than Graham Martin hisself

You should have voted for John “forever war” McCain

No one wants war except those making money off it.

However, there are the consequences of the endless wars and we can't just f*ck over people that helped us. We could be diplomatic about pulling out, but Trump's burning our international standing as well.

No matter what though, it's completely immoral (and frankly evil) to abandon friends to be slaughtered - and Trump's only doing this to divert attention from issues at home.

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42240
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby kalm » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:44 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Well well

Look who stopped by - none other than Graham Martin hisself

You should have voted for John “forever war” McCain

No one wants war except those making money off it.

However, there are the consequences of the endless wars and we can't just f*ck over people that helped us. We could be diplomatic about pulling out, but Trump's burning our international standing as well.

No matter what though, it's completely immoral (and frankly evil) to abandon friends to be slaughtered - and Trump's only doing this to divert attention from issues at home.


Exactly.

And then Turkey is like “oh goodie, let’s roll!...oh wait, Trump’s going to demolish our economy?” :?

Maybe Trump is crazy like a fox and can simultaneously get us out while keeping Turkey at bay.

Trump...Nobel Peace Prize.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
Posts: 7630
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:26 am
I am a fan of: elaware
Location: East Coast/Hawaii

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby bluehenbillk » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:52 am

I don't have a problem with Trump's move in Turkey. Granted he says stupid things like obliterating their economy, but he said in his 2016 campaign he'd bring troops home & wouldn't be the world's policeman and that's exactly what he's doing.
Make Delaware Football Great Again

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21364
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby CID1990 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:01 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Well well

Look who stopped by - none other than Graham Martin hisself

You should have voted for John “forever war” McCain

No one wants war except those making money off it.

However, there are the consequences of the endless wars and we can't just f*ck over people that helped us. We could be diplomatic about pulling out, but Trump's burning our international standing as well.

No matter what though, it's completely immoral (and frankly evil) to abandon friends to be slaughtered - and Trump's only doing this to divert attention from issues at home.


Its refreshing to hear you think we should have stayed in Vietnam.

I can hear you now Treep... if you had been around in 1968.. telling all those hippies to “love it or leave it”

How about we stop pretending like this wasn’t going to happen to the Kurds.

Better yet, howsabout we stop pretending we give a damn, shall we? I seem to remember The One running on getting out of Iraq, consequences be damned

Since you’re an open borders guy you won’t mind if we just issue the whole of Kurdistan immigrant visas (I’d be for that... I’ve lived with them - they won’t vote Democrat that’s for sure)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10115
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby ∞∞∞ » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:21 am

CID1990 wrote:Since you’re an open borders guy you won’t mind if we just issue the whole of Kurdistan immigrant visas (I’d be for that... I’ve lived with them - they won’t vote Democrat that’s for sure)

I'd be 100% ok with that.

mainejeff2
Level1
Level1
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:40 am

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby mainejeff2 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:51 am

UNI88 wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:
Do Republicans & Democrats have Co-Presidents in the White House right now? :roll:

But but but......Clinton/Obama did it.......but but but.

STFU.

:coffee:


Check your history. The Kurds have been getting fvcked over for a lot longer than the Clintons and Obama have been around.

I'll STFU when you get your brainstem to start functioning so that you can think for yourself.


I do think for myself MOFO.

:coffee:

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34370
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby CAA Flagship » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:53 am

mainejeff2 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Check your history. The Kurds have been getting fvcked over for a lot longer than the Clintons and Obama have been around.

I'll STFU when you get your brainstem to start functioning so that you can think for yourself.


I do think for myself MOFO.

:coffee:

You can't prove that. :lol:

mainejeff2
Level1
Level1
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:40 am

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby mainejeff2 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:46 am

CAA Flagship wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:
I do think for myself MOFO.

:coffee:

You can't prove that. :lol:


Neither can you.

:coffee:

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23694
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby Gil Dobie » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:27 am

UNI88 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:Every group in that region f*cks us time and time again, yet we (again) f*ck over the one group that's actually been good to us. And the GOP will angrily wave their fingers while they do nothing.


I agree with everything here except blaming only the GOP. Both parties have participated in fvcking over the Kurds.


CS.com TSAR of Common Sense
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12068
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby SDHornet » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:55 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:I don't have a problem with Trump's move in Turkey. Granted he says stupid things like obliterating their economy, but he said in his 2016 campaign he'd bring troops home & wouldn't be the world's policeman and that's exactly what he's doing.

:nod:

Funny to see all the establishment folks/pundits on both sides erupt in outrage when someone actually follows through on the "not being the world police" idea. Get our troops out of there and sell as many guns and ammo to both sides as you can.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12068
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby SDHornet » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:58 pm

∞∞∞ wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Well well

Look who stopped by - none other than Graham Martin hisself

You should have voted for John “forever war” McCain

No one wants war except those making money off it.

However, there are the consequences of the endless wars and we can't just f*ck over people that helped us. We could be diplomatic about pulling out, but Trump's burning our international standing as well.

No matter what though, it's completely immoral (and frankly evil) to abandon friends to be slaughtered - and Trump's only doing this to divert attention from issues at home.

I love the irony of abortionists decrying the evils and horrors of lost life caused by warfare. It makes me chuckle inside.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21364
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby CID1990 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:31 pm

SDHornet wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:I don't have a problem with Trump's move in Turkey. Granted he says stupid things like obliterating their economy, but he said in his 2016 campaign he'd bring troops home & wouldn't be the world's policeman and that's exactly what he's doing.

:nod:

Funny to see all the establishment folks/pundits on both sides erupt in outrage when someone actually follows through on the "not being the world police" idea. Get our troops out of there and sell as many guns and ammo to both sides as you can.


Literal definition of a feckless cunt: a liberal decrying the Kurds
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10115
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby ∞∞∞ » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:32 am

Well, the Turkish offensive has officially begun.

The Kurds released a statement that in addition to Turkey, it will hold the United Nations, America, the European Union and Russia responsible "for any humanitarian catastrophe inflicted on our people in northern and eastern Syria."

This is how terrorism is born.

And I'm sure Trump in his "great and unmatched wisdom," will now "totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey." :roll:

User avatar
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1342
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:18 pm
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby Aho Old Guy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:57 am

:rofl:

Really?
I thought you purportedly were the smart guy in this bunch. The “binary choice,” my patootie.

For 50+ years the GOP kleptocracy has manipulated the DoD, and America, with this tripe. The Montagnards, Assad’s daddy, Saddam and OBL were “useful” blood-thirsty free-dumb fighters for Uncle Sugar – until they were Neander-Con casualties of war. Thanks to Ronald Ray-Guns, we are the World Police.

“See What You Get When You Think With Your Dick” Cheney, and Donald Rums-Failed (along with their good buddies, **The John’s** – Bolt-On and Poindexter) embraced this canard. You. Can’t. Have. It. Both. Ways.

Spew crapola about “stop the terrorists overseas,” and then complain about the role of the global police? While doubling (tripling?) the global DoD/Spook footprint over the last 20 years, expanding the Pentagon base budget, while ‘slushing’ Overseas Contingency Operations?

Give me a break. Protect the dang Peshmerga and the Kurds.

CID1990 wrote:This is what being World Police gets us, among other things

The binary choice is -

1) boots on the ground expending blood and treasure forever

2) abandon the Kurds to their fate

It is painfully obvious that #2 was inevitable. The only thing left to us is to create a special immigrant visa class for Kurds so they can come live in Minneapolis and fight Somalis for gang turf

The Kurds, if they are lucky, will just wind up abused and subjugated like the Montagnards

Like all other things, only a Trump could fvxk the Kurds. Under any other President we’d still be over there in full force. And a certain group of loud voices would be decrying our presence there and not/not mourning the potential fate of the Kurds.

Just remind yourselves that Kurds would be mostly GOP voters if they were here and you’ll feel better about it



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42240
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby kalm » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:13 am

SDHornet wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:No one wants war except those making money off it.

However, there are the consequences of the endless wars and we can't just f*ck over people that helped us. We could be diplomatic about pulling out, but Trump's burning our international standing as well.

No matter what though, it's completely immoral (and frankly evil) to abandon friends to be slaughtered - and Trump's only doing this to divert attention from issues at home.

I love the irony of abortionists decrying the evils and horrors of lost life caused by warfare. It makes me chuckle inside.


Trip performs abortions?
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34370
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby CAA Flagship » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:18 am

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:This and That.


Why is Italy in NATO?

For the pizza and pasta. Duh. :roll:

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33186
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby 89Hen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:25 am

Aho Old Guy wrote:You. Can’t. Have. It. Both. Ways.

But you can. :coffee:
Image

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10115
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby ∞∞∞ » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:46 am

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote:I love the irony of abortionists decrying the evils and horrors of lost life caused by warfare. It makes me chuckle inside.


Trip performs abortions?

I wake up everyday, have a cup of coffee, check CS, perform an abortion, go to work, drive home, eat the fetus for dinner, exercise, and go to sleep.

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34370
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby CAA Flagship » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:47 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
kalm wrote:
Trip performs abortions?

I wake up everyday, have a cup of coffee, check CS, perform an abortion, go to work, drive home, eat the fetus for dinner, exercise, and go to sleep.

:lol: :lol:

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17992
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby Chizzang » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:57 am

CID1990 wrote:
Its refreshing to hear you think we should have stayed in Vietnam.
I can hear you now Treep... if you had been around in 1968.. telling all those hippies to “love it or leave it”


I gotta admit I'm still giggling about this one ^
CID can still make me laugh

:geek:

This thread is delivering the CS.com goods !
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23033
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkish economy

Postby Ivytalk » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:22 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
kalm wrote:
Trip performs abortions?

I wake up everyday, have a cup of coffee, check CS, perform an abortion, go to work, drive home, eat the fetus for dinner, exercise, and go to sleep.

Well, look who has a sense of humor! Who knew?

Not to be confused with Chinese gaming maven Hu Nu.
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CAA Flagship and 312 guests