Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The left is sick

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
This. You're playing with fire in the work environment but it's not illegal nor is it immoral.
Sure, it's not illegal. We can get pretty close to black and white on that because of written laws.

Not sure how to determine if immoral or not. Where's the immoral scale to see where it lands?
Consent. Human sexuality is a spectrum. Like other apes many people have urges to get their freak on with multiple partners. Who is anyone to judge? Infidelity is far more amoral than this.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
This. You're playing with fire in the work environment but it's not illegal nor is it immoral.
Sure, it's not illegal. We can get pretty close to black and white on that because of written laws.

Not sure how to determine if immoral or not. Where's the immoral scale to see where it lands?
What is and isn't moral is a personal opinion and I'm not a fan of the attempts by religious conservatives or social justice warriors impose their morals on others.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Sure, it's not illegal. We can get pretty close to black and white on that because of written laws.

Consent. Human sexuality is a spectrum. Like other apes many people have urges to get their freak on with multiple partners. Who is anyone to judge? Infidelity is far more amoral than this.
Exactly. It's a sliding scale depending on who is doing the scoring.

Now, why did you say "Who is anyone to judge?", yet you judged? :kisswink:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Sure, it's not illegal. We can get pretty close to black and white on that because of written laws.

What is and isn't moral is a personal opinion and I'm not a fan of the attempts by religious conservatives or social justice warriors impose their morals on others.
Agree. Nor should anyone say it's not immoral. :kisswink:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Agree. Nor should anyone say it's not immoral. :kisswink:
It's not immoral if it's consensual and doesn't harm anyone else. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:

Morality is indeed personal. I'm looking at it from a cultural perspective. Totally agree with your second comment.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Agree. Nor should anyone say it's not immoral. :kisswink:
It's not immoral if it's consensual and doesn't harm anyone else. :coffee:
So that's where you are drawing the line? Fine. But it is really irrelevant in this case. The only two things that matter are whether it was consensual and whether it was ethical. Morality is as important as whether she wore socks or not.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote:What is and isn't moral is a personal opinion
WHAT???

That is in no way true. I'm a little shocked that you even have a couple folks agreeing with you.

Society decides what is and isn't moral. :suspicious:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:
UNI88 wrote:What is and isn't moral is a personal opinion
WHAT???

That is in no way true. I'm a little shocked that you even have a couple folks agreeing with you.

I agree with him on that.
Who is this "society" that you speak of? Are you sure that all members of that society are in agreement as to what is moral and what is not?
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Says who? Relationships can be 3 people.

And I haven’t read anything to say she was coerced. Sounds consensual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To some it is not immoral, to some it is. Obviously, you are in the anything goes camp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

css75 wrote:
kalm wrote:

To some it is not immoral, to some it is. Obviously, you are in the anything goes camp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AKA the freedom, non-puritanical judgy camp. I'll proudly plant my flag there any day. :nod:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote:
89Hen wrote: WHAT???

I agree with him on that.
Who is this "society" that you speak of? Are you sure that all members of that society are in agreement as to what is moral and what is not?
Of course not everyone is in agreement. This is exactly why it's up to the group of folks that live together. Would you prefer the word community instead of society?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: I agree with him on that.
Of course not everyone is in agreement. This is exactly why it's up to the group of folks that live together. Would you prefer the word community instead of society?
So the majority should decide morality?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: Of course not everyone is in agreement. This is exactly why it's up to the group of folks that live together. Would you prefer the word community instead of society?
Whether they should or not, they do. Are we talking about the same thing??
Morals are the prevailing standards of behavior that enable people to live cooperatively in groups. Moral refers to what societies sanction as right and acceptable.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:
Morals are the prevailing standards of behavior that enable people to live cooperatively in groups. Moral refers to what societies sanction as right and acceptable.
I hear what you are saying, but in reality, some morals become the subject of laws. When that happens, it goes into a different category called "legal". If not, it stays in the "moral" category.

Wearing this shirt in public is probably not illegal, but to some it is immoral. To others, it's funny.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote:
89Hen wrote: Whether they should or not, they do. Are we talking about the same thing??
I hear what you are saying, but in reality, some morals become the subject of laws. When that happens, it goes into a different category called "legal". If not, it stays in the "moral" category.
Correct. Laws are codified morals, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the community in which you live decides what is moral or not, just like the community decides which morals should turn into law.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: I hear what you are saying, but in reality, some morals become the subject of laws. When that happens, it goes into a different category called "legal". If not, it stays in the "moral" category.
Correct. Laws are codified morals, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the community in which you live decides what is moral or not, just like the community decides which morals should turn into law.
But just because a moral hasn't turned into a law, it does not mean that 100% of the community is OK with it. And even the ones that do turn into laws, I'm sure some people are OK with it.

Would you walk through a shopping mall wearing the middle finger shirt? I wouldn't. And I probably wouldn't think too highly of a person that would. I chuckle at the idea of someone wearing it though. But that is where my moral line is drawn. Others would have a different break point. That is where the personal opinion thing comes in. Maybe most are against it, but it just hasn't risen to the level of pursuing a law banning it yet.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I don’t know why we are getting hung up on morals and threesomes here - they aren’t important to why this Congresscritter got herself pilloried

This went the way it did because she was a cheerleader and moral preener with #metoo - hypercritical of those fleeting male power structures which are the focus of #metoo.... she literally could have been anyone else - even a different Congresscritter - and it would have been “meh, California”

But she’s basically just Jimmy Swaggart - I’m a bit surprised she resigned though... she’d have been fine if she just pulled the “attacked by the patriarchy” card.

Or better yet she could have diverted this to a morality issue - it is obvious from this thread that would have been easy to do

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
89Hen wrote: Correct. Laws are codified morals, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the community in which you live decides what is moral or not, just like the community decides which morals should turn into law.
But just because a moral hasn't turned into a law, it does not mean that 100% of the community is OK with it. And even the ones that do turn into laws, I'm sure some people are OK with it.

Would you walk through a shopping mall wearing the middle finger shirt? I wouldn't. And I probably wouldn't think too highly of a person that would. I chuckle at the idea of someone wearing it though. But that is where my moral line is drawn. Others would have a different break point. That is where the personal opinion thing comes in. Maybe most are against it, but it just hasn't risen to the level of pursuing a law banning it yet.
I wouldn't wear the middle finger shirt but when I was in college I did wear some t shirts that people would frown or snicker at. It's one thing to wear a shirt like that, it's another to have it on in a picture on social media that some future employer could find and hold it against you.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:
Maybe...
Definition of moral (Entry 1 of 2)
1a : of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior : ETHICAL
moral judgments
b : expressing or teaching a conception of right behavior
a moral poem
c : conforming to a standard of right behavior
took a moral position on the issue though it cost him the nomination
d : sanctioned by or operative on one's conscience or ethical judgment
a moral obligation
e : capable of right and wrong action
a moral agent
Can the majority be immoral? :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: Whether they should or not, they do. Are we talking about the same thing??
Maybe...
Definition of moral (Entry 1 of 2)
1a : of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior : ETHICAL
moral judgments
b : expressing or teaching a conception of right behavior
a moral poem
c : conforming to a standard of right behavior
took a moral position on the issue though it cost him the nomination
d : sanctioned by or operative on one's conscience or ethical judgment
a moral obligation
e : capable of right and wrong action
a moral agent
Can the majority be immoral? :coffee:
Based on the majority that vote for Clinton I’d say it most definitely IS.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

This may be difficult for some of you, its longer than the common core limit of 250 characters, it won’t be popular among the weak and there are words that were not in your common core reading instruction. What’s worse these words are not SJW approved at least not in all cases:
Late last week we learned that what had been a Justice Department administrative review had suddenly become much more serious. It has become a criminal inquiry. That means the Justice Department believes there is sufficient evidence that a crime has been committed. Now the prosecutor in charge, John H. Durham, will have the power to subpoena witnesses’ testimony and documents. He can convene a grand jury and file criminal charges. My guess is that he has already convened a grand jury. Mr. Durham and Attorney General William Barr have been looking into the origins of the Obama administration’s spying on Trump. Just how did it begin? And who exactly started it? They are clearly unsettled by the answers they have found so far.
obama is a thug that stole the money from you for his domestic army he promised us all: ANTIFA. Now his henchmen are on the chopping block. Obama is going to see justice. He is a vile criminal enemy that has committed numerous acts of treason against the United State of America. He had help. These vile creatures are being hunted down as well.

https://spectator.org/the-bell-is-about-to-toll/
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Three of the top 10 sanctuary cities with the highest crime are represented in Washington by the leading proponents of protecting illegal immigrants, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar, according to a new report.

The report, based on community crime statistics gathered by the Immigration Reform Law Institute, said San Francisco, New York City, and Minneapolis are one, two, and three on its new “List of Shame.”
Minneapolis a dangerous s**t hole. Even the dogs are being attacked and dog parks booby-trapped. In the meantime the latest violence to actually make the lying media a group of black Muslims attacked whites waiting for the light rail. They were armed with hammers. Nothing to see here folks. This is a sanctuary. Everything is fine. Not a terrorist hate crime just some crazy youths. :lol:

Ps. Try not to use their airport. It It is confusing with long long lines and dirty. It is more corrupt that the democrat leftist running the crap pile they created from a once beautiful city.. You can still have a nice time there if you have money and stay in protected buildings but most are just playing the odds it won’t happen to them.

The lutheran churches including our town are sanctuary buildings. These are no longer churches, just buildings used in their enormous human trafficking operations making them tens of millions in tax payer dollars.

One of our school buildings and land were sold to the muslims. Built with taxpayer dollars and sold for pennys. If a Christian were to have prayed out loud in that building they would have been arrested. try saying a prayer at a football game. Now Christians aren’t even allowed in
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JBB wrote:
Three of the top 10 sanctuary cities with the highest crime are represented in Washington by the leading proponents of protecting illegal immigrants, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar, according to a new report.

The report, based on community crime statistics gathered by the Immigration Reform Law Institute, said San Francisco, New York City, and Minneapolis are one, two, and three on its new “List of Shame.”
Minneapolis a dangerous s**t hole. Even the dogs are being attacked and dog parks booby-trapped. In the meantime the latest violence to actually make the lying media a group of black Muslims attacked whites waiting for the light rail. They were armed with hammers. Nothing to see here folks. This is a sanctuary. Everything is fine. Not a terrorist hate crime just some crazy youths. :lol:

Ps. Try not to use their airport. It It is confusing with long long lines and dirty. It is more corrupt that the democrat leftist running the crap pile they created from a once beautiful city.. You can still have a nice time there if you have money and stay in protected buildings but most are just playing the odds it won’t happen to them.

The lutheran churches including our town are sanctuary buildings. These are no longer churches, just buildings used in their enormous human trafficking operations making them tens of millions in tax payer dollars.

One of our school buildings and land were sold to the muslims. Built with taxpayer dollars and sold for pennys. If a Christian were to have prayed out loud in that building they would have been arrested. try saying a prayer at a football game. Now Christians aren’t even allowed in
I’m trying to help you out JBB..

I’ve personally sent about 200 Hmong there in the last couple years

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JBB wrote:

Setting aside JBB's poo flinging...what happens when Muslims gain majority control of a school board?

Will the Christians defend their "right" to put God back in schools?