Your Political Compass

Political discussions
User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2505
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby css75 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:53 pm

BDKJMU wrote:Economic Axix: Capitalist (75.6% Capitalist/24.4% Equality)
Diplomatic Axis: Nationalist (80.9% Nationalist/19.1% World)
Civil Axis: Moderate (42.3% Liberty/57.7% Authority)
Societal Axis: Traditional (79.8% Tradition/20.2% Progress)

Closest Match: Neo Conservative.
I’m calling BS on that because I don’t believe we should be the world’s policeman.



I line up reasonably to you.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10141
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby ∞∞∞ » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:40 am

AZGrizFan wrote:Interesting. Centrist. Moderate. Neutral. Trips words are socialist, revolutionary....yet I'M somehow the one who's a danger to the world. :lol: :lol:

The center of the graph doesn't equal the center of society. That's not how this works.

Even based off the results from just this board, the people at the center are right of society.

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23808
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby Gil Dobie » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:50 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Interesting. Centrist. Moderate. Neutral. Trips words are socialist, revolutionary....yet I'M somehow the one who's a danger to the world. :lol: :lol:

The center of the graph doesn't equal the center of society. That's not how this works.

Even based off the results from just this board, the people at the center are right of society.


Being most of us don't like Trump, how did he get elected if people at the center are right of society?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10141
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby ∞∞∞ » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:58 am

Gil Dobie wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:The center of the graph doesn't equal the center of society. That's not how this works.

Even based off the results from just this board, the people at the center are right of society.


Being most of us don't like Trump, how did he get elected if people at the center are right of society?

Electoral College; land talks. It's a b*llshit system.

Almost 10 million more Americans didn't vote for him. Clinton beat him by 3 million.

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42456
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby kalm » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:06 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Being most of us don't like Trump, how did he get elected if people at the center are right of society?

Electoral College; land talks. It's a b*llshit system.

Almost 10 million more Americans didn't vote for him. Clinton beat him by 3 million.


1). Strength of schedule

2). Righties like him less for behavioral issues than policy.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23808
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby Gil Dobie » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:11 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Being most of us don't like Trump, how did he get elected if people at the center are right of society?

Electoral College; land talks. It's a b*llshit system.

Almost 10 million more Americans didn't vote for him. Clinton beat him by 3 million.


You didn't answer the questions. This thread is about political compass. Where did the 62,000,000 votes for Trump land on the political compass, if they are right of most of the posters here? Right in the center? Where BDK landed or right of BDK?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23808
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby Gil Dobie » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:12 am

kalm wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:Electoral College; land talks. It's a b*llshit system.

Almost 10 million more Americans didn't vote for him. Clinton beat him by 3 million.


1). Strength of schedule

2). Righties like him less for behavioral issues than policy.


What I was getting at, was where is the line that separates the right from the left, if the center isn't the center?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10141
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby ∞∞∞ » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:20 am

Gil Dobie wrote:
kalm wrote:
1). Strength of schedule

2). Righties like him less for behavioral issues than policy.


What I was getting at, was where is the line that separates the right from the left, if the center isn't the center?

I don't know the answer to that. We need a large enough sample.

All I'm stating is that the if you're at the center the graph, it doesn't mean you're at the center of society or "moderate." ell, it could be that you're to the left.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51250
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby AZGrizFan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:30 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Being most of us don't like Trump, how did he get elected if people at the center are right of society?

Electoral College; land talks. It's a b*llshit system.

Almost 10 million more Americans didn't vote for him. Clinton beat him by 3 million.


:dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51250
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby AZGrizFan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:30 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
What I was getting at, was where is the line that separates the right from the left, if the center isn't the center?

I don't know the answer to that. We need a large enough sample.

All I'm stating is that the if you're at the center the graph, it doesn't mean you're at the center of society or "moderate." ell, it could be that you're to the left.


Well then why does it specifically use words like "Centrist", "moderate", "neutral"?

Sounds like you're just making shit up again.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10141
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby ∞∞∞ » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:41 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I don't know the answer to that. We need a large enough sample.

All I'm stating is that the if you're at the center the graph, it doesn't mean you're at the center of society or "moderate." ell, it could be that you're to the left.


Well then why does it specifically use words like "Centrist", "moderate", "neutral"?

Sounds like you're just making shit up again.

:roll:

You should read this: https://www.politicalcompass.org/faq

In fact, it mirrors what I said:
The timeless universal centre should not be confused with merely the present national average.

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10141
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby ∞∞∞ » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:43 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:Electoral College; land talks. It's a b*llshit system.

Almost 10 million more Americans didn't vote for him. Clinton beat him by 3 million.


:dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

https://transition.fec.gov/pubrec/fe201 ... esults.pdf

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42456
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby kalm » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:45 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
What I was getting at, was where is the line that separates the right from the left, if the center isn't the center?

I don't know the answer to that. We need a large enough sample.

All I'm stating is that the if you're at the center the graph, it doesn't mean you're at the center of society or "moderate." ell, it could be that you're to the left.


Yep. Hardly a definitive test based on the choice of questions and wording alone.

Mankind is progressive by nature. The public tends to lead and the power establishment begrudgingly follows or seeks greater control to prevent change.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34537
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby CAA Flagship » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:53 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
What I was getting at, was where is the line that separates the right from the left, if the center isn't the center?

I don't know the answer to that. We need a large enough sample.

All I'm stating is that the if you're at the center the graph, it doesn't mean you're at the center of society or "moderate." ell, it could be that you're to the left.

I don't disagree with Trip on this. If the homerun leader has 50 HRs, the middle of the scale would be 25, but the average might be 18.

The other factor is weight. If a person (me) thinks a strong economy benefits the most people in the country compared to any other campaign platform, and is the most important issue, it would be weighted more than the other categories. The weighting could affect voting.

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33460
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby 89Hen » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:08 am

∞∞∞ wrote:Even based off the results from just this board, the people at the center are right of society.

:suspicious: :dunce:
Image

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23237
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby Ivytalk » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:58 am

kalm wrote:
Mankind is progressive by nature.


Link?

:question:
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6184
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby Pwns » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:30 am

I can't believe people are still using this test after at least a decade. There's so many problems with it.

1. The question about whether businesses should be punished for misleading people? Does anyone from libertarians all the way down to socialists think false advertising and fraud by businesses is all right?

2. Who really wants the government to make certain sex acts illegal? I don't think even most evangelicals want to do that today.

3. And there's a question about astrology (LoL)

4. For the question about what's good for US corporations is good for US as a whole, we can disagree on what taxes and regulations corporations should have on them but no one except the fringe of the fringe of the left could really question that it's not good for the average American if corporations don't prosper and compete internationally.

Questions like these are probably why JSO can be listed as an economic centrist.
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18098
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby Chizzang » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:15 am

Pwns wrote:I can't believe people are still using this test after at least a decade. There's so many problems with it.

1. The question about whether businesses should be punished for misleading people? Does anyone from libertarians all the way down to socialists think false advertising and fraud by businesses is all right?

2. Who really wants the government to make certain sex acts illegal? I don't think even most evangelicals want to do that today.

3. And there's a question about astrology (LoL)

4. For the question about what's good for US corporations is good for US as a whole, we can disagree on what taxes and regulations corporations should have on them but no one except the fringe of the fringe of the left could really question that it's not good for the average American if corporations don't prosper and compete internationally.

Questions like these are probably why JSO can be listed as an economic centrist.


all you need to do to create a test today is ask 10 questions

2 about taxes
2 about abortion
2 about gun laws
2 about healthcare
2 about over seas involvement

done...

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33460
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby 89Hen » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:19 am

Chizzang wrote:all you need to do to create a test today is ask 10 questions

2 about taxes
2 about abortion
2 about gun laws
2 about healthcare
2 about over seas involvement

done...

:coffee:

Flat tax
Abortion only for mother's life in danger
Guns should remain legal just like the FF intended
You should not be forced to use government healthcare
We should help foreign countries that can't help themselves

How did I do?
Image

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12437
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby Skjellyfetti » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:35 am

89Hen wrote:Guns should remain legal just like the FF intended


Needs more nuance.

All guns?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33460
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby 89Hen » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:55 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:
89Hen wrote:Guns should remain legal just like the FF intended


Needs more nuance.

All guns?

Yes
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51250
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby AZGrizFan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:47 pm

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:all you need to do to create a test today is ask 10 questions

2 about taxes
2 about abortion
2 about gun laws
2 about healthcare
2 about over seas involvement

done...

:coffee:

Flat tax -
Abortion only for mother's life in danger
Guns should remain legal just like the FF intended
You should not be forced to use government healthcare
We should help foreign countries that can't help themselves

How did I do?


consumption based tax, not income-based
Abortion legal before 18 weeks
ALL guns legal
Government out of healthcare
Foreign countries are on their own militarily. Help economically.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2505
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby css75 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:08 pm

Chizzang wrote:
Pwns wrote:I can't believe people are still using this test after at least a decade. There's so many problems with it.

1. The question about whether businesses should be punished for misleading people? Does anyone from libertarians all the way down to socialists think false advertising and fraud by businesses is all right?

2. Who really wants the government to make certain sex acts illegal? I don't think even most evangelicals want to do that today.

3. And there's a question about astrology (LoL)

4. For the question about what's good for US corporations is good for US as a whole, we can disagree on what taxes and regulations corporations should have on them but no one except the fringe of the fringe of the left could really question that it's not good for the average American if corporations don't prosper and compete internationally.

Questions like these are probably why JSO can be listed as an economic centrist.


all you need to do to create a test today is ask 10 questions

2 about taxes
2 about abortion
2 about gun laws
2 about healthcare
2 about over seas involvement

done...

:coffee:


1 Replace all income and property tax with national sales tax.

2. Abortion illegal except when mothers life endangered

3. All guns legal, remember purpose of 2nd amendment, hunting is not reason.

4. Insurance can cross state lines, max on lawsuit amounts, coverage for pre existing conditions, no coverage for sex change.

5. Support only countries who back our positions. Get out of UN.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42456
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby kalm » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:15 pm

css75 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
all you need to do to create a test today is ask 10 questions

2 about taxes
2 about abortion
2 about gun laws
2 about healthcare
2 about over seas involvement

done...

:coffee:


1 Replace all income and property tax with national sales tax.

2. Abortion illegal except when mothers life endangered

3. All guns legal, remember purpose of 2nd amendment, hunting is not reason.

4. Insurance can cross state lines, max on lawsuit amounts, coverage for pre existing conditions, no coverage for sex change.

5. Support only countries who back our positions. Get out of UN.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


What would cap lawsuit amounts at? What’s the criteria?
Image
Image
Image

Baldy
Level4
Level4
Posts: 7655
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Your Political Compass

Postby Baldy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:58 am

∞∞∞ wrote:The American center and Democrats are regressive or conservatives.

Look at all the conservative garbage that the Dems have put up in the primary

Even European conservatives joke at how conservative our "left" actually is. This nation is so far behind other developed nations that we think people like Warren and Sanders are actually "far left". And our right are just extremists at this point.

Step out of your social media echo chamber.
We are so far behind that people are risking their lives to illegally cross our border to enter the country, not leave it. Look into the mirror. What you see there is the problem. You are the outlier. You are the extremist. Do yourself and your family a favor. Seek help.


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HI54UNI and 69 guests