Trump motivation poll

Political discussions

Why did Trump ask Ukraine to investigate the Bidens?

He just wanted to have Ukraine fight corruption.
46%
He wanted to harm the reputation of a political rival.
54%

Total votes: 13

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Trump motivation poll

Post by JohnStOnge »

Republicans have been arguing that all Trump was after in this Ukraine situation was Ukraine corruption. Do you believe that?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: Trump motivation poll

Post by Ivytalk »

Where’s “pee in the butt”?

Poll invalid for lack of control question.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:Republicans have been arguing that all Trump was after in this Ukraine situation was Ukraine corruption. Do you believe that?
John,
nobody believes that - including any republican - the game is afoot

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Republicans have been arguing that all Trump was after in this Ukraine situation was Ukraine corruption. Do you believe that?
John,

So, Joe Biden and his son were on the up and up?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
John,

Different question for a different thread
"But Hilary" threads are over there too
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Clearly to crush corruption. Trump has always been a law and order kind of guy.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Of course you wouldn't answer the question. I'll take that as a "No, the Bidens were not on the up and up".

It pertains to this thread because if what the Bidens were doing was wrong, then it opens the door for Trump.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Of course you wouldn't answer the question. I'll take that as a "No, the Bidens were not on the up and up".

It pertains to this thread because if what the Bidens were doing was wrong, then it opens the door for Trump.
You didn’t answer John’s question either.

I think what Chizz was trying to say (in a nice way) is that if you support Trump you’re either a troll or too gullible and ill-informed to avoid joining the cult of personality.

(It’s impossible for me to type “cult of personality" without repeating "I am the cult of" and drawing out a final “personality” at the end)
Last edited by kalm on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

I think what Chizz was trying to say (in a nice way) is that if you support Trump you’re either a troll or too gullible and ill-informed to avoid joining the cult of personality.

(It’s impossible for me to type “cult of personality without repeating it twice and drawing out the 3rd “personality”)
I answered the poll. Said Trump was doing it to harm Biden.

But. If Biden did anything wrong, then he opened the door for Trump to hide behind rooting out corruption.

I'll ask you directly, like I did Chiz. Is what the Bidens did on the up and up?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote:

(It’s impossible for me to type “cult of personality without repeating it twice and drawing out the 3rd “personality”)
I answered the poll. Said Trump was doing it to harm Biden.

But. If Biden did anything wrong, then he opened the door for Trump to hide behind rooting out corruption.

I'll ask you directly, like I did Chiz. Is what the Bidens did on the up and up?
I don't know but it's suspicious.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

(It’s impossible for me to type “cult of personality" without repeating "I am the cult of" and drawing out a final “personality” at the end)
Like Mussolini and Kennedy?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
John,

I don't think it was a good idea for Hunter Biden to do what he did in that, even if Joe Biden had never said anything about the Ukraine prosecutor, it created an appearance of conflict of interest. However, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that concern over corruption is what motivated Trump to specifically focus on the Bidens and to do things like try to get the Ukraine President to publicly annoucne an investigation into the Bidens.

Also, I think the whole thing about the Bidens is exploiting that appearance of conflict of interest to blow smoke about something that is nothing. I don't think Joe Biden did anything corrput or wrong. He was simply stating the position of the United States. He did not even have the power to with hold funds if he wanted to. And there was actual corruption that was recognized not only by the United States but by a number of countries.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 785620002/

The whole Trump Biden thing is just another example of Trump and his people attempting to distort reality in order to gain advantage. As I've said many times: The guy's entire modus operandi is misinformation. That's what he does. And the idea that Biden did what he did to help his son is misinformation.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

It also doesn't help that we've got almost half the country relying on "conservative media" instead of on mainstream media. The mainstream media are not perfect. There is liberal bias that impacts their frames of reference and impacts the contexts they present. But they are not like the conservative media. The conservative media are there to intentionally propagandize. They intentionally publish misleading information in the interest of a political point of view.

Not every individual in the conservative media. There are people like Chris Wallace and other pure news people on Fox News that aren't like that. But the entities themselves are there for the purpose of influencing public opinion towards being more favorable to conservative ideology. That's why Fox News as an overall entity exists. That's why Rush Limbaugh exists. So on and so forth.

The mainstream media are there with the intent of presenting the truth. The Washington Post, for example, was not established in order to propagandize to influence public opinion towards being more favorable to liberal ideology. And the Washington Post does not exist for that purpose today. It's objective is to present the truth. Its presentation is biased by frame of reference. But not by an intentional effort to misinform such as is the case with something like Fox News, someone like Rush Limbaugh, or a internet sources like The Blaze and Breitbart.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Someone call Bellevue Hospital. JSO is officially “around the bend.”
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

:roll:
Ivytalk wrote:Someone call Bellevue Hospital. JSO is officially “around the bend.”
So. You got nuthin' but a smear? Bzzzzzzz. Wrong answer.

You may not like like it, but the "Fox News Effect" is real. In 2003, 75% of Fox viewers though Saddam was responsible for 9/11 (and possessed 'WMD'). Even today, 20-25% of 'em still feel the same way (and that The Shrub was a great President?).

John is right __ and you swung and missed.
JohnStOnge wrote:It also doesn't help that we've got almost half the country relying on "conservative media" instead of on mainstream media. The mainstream media are not perfect. There is liberal bias that impacts their frames of reference and impacts the contexts they present. But they are not like the conservative media. The conservative media are there to intentionally propagandize. They intentionally publish misleading information in the interest of a political point of view.

Not every individual in the conservative media. There are people like Chris Wallace and other pure news people on Fox News that aren't like that. But the entities themselves are there for the purpose of influencing public opinion towards being more favorable to conservative ideology. That's why Fox News as an overall entity exists. That's why Rush Limbaugh exists. So on and so forth.

The mainstream media are there with the intent of presenting the truth. The Washington Post, for example, was not established in order to propagandize to influence public opinion towards being more favorable to liberal ideology. And the Washington Post does not exist for that purpose today. It's objective is to present the truth. Its presentation is biased by frame of reference. But not by an intentional effort to misinform such as is the case with something like Fox News, someone like Rush Limbaugh, or a internet sources like The Blaze and Breitbart.
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

If 5 of you people REALLY believe Trump was JUST interested in fighting corruption the problem is more serious than I thought it was. I can understand, to an extent, just saying "what the hell I don't care if he was using his position to go after a political rival." But I can't understand being obtuse enough both to believe his interest was in fighting corruption. The guy IS the ESSENCE of corruption. He doesn't give a shit if Ukraine is corrupt.

I think the five of you who voted that way are just jerking chains. No way you really believe that.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

When Fox News started I had hopes of having a more neutral major news source. The "mainstream media" are indeed biased. Not intentionally so. But the overwhelming majority of journalists in them are liberals. That's their frame of reference. It influences what they prioritize. It influences their perspective.

But it didn't happen. Instead we got an overtly and intentionally biased conservative propaganda organ. And it's really bad for the country as we are seeing now. We have a President who is obviously corrupt. But we have about 45% of the population getting their distorted view of the world "confirmed" by the conservative media propaganda apparatus.

We depend on having an informed population and we have a serious problem with conservative media intentionally misinforming the population.

Again: I have all the respect in the world for people like Chris Wallace at Fox News. He is an honest man. But he's being drowned out by the overwhelming preponderance of demagogues over there.
Could I ever be a star?

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote:When Fox News started I had hopes of having a more neutral major news source. The "mainstream media" are indeed biased. Not intentionally so. But the overwhelming majority of journalists in them are liberals. That's their frame of reference. It influences what they prioritize. It influences their perspective.

But it didn't happen. Instead we got an overtly and intentionally biased conservative propaganda organ. And it's really bad for the country as we are seeing now. We have a President who is obviously corrupt. But we have about 45% of the population getting their distorted view of the world "confirmed" by the conservative media propaganda apparatus.

We depend on having an informed population and we have a serious problem with conservative media intentionally misinforming the population.

Again: I have all the respect in the world for people like Chris Wallace at Fox News. He is an honest man. But he's being drowned out by the overwhelming preponderance of demagogues over there.
From Day 1, Fox made their conservative bias known. It’s gone towards the right more and more as the years pass but anyone expecting Fox to be neutral just wasn’t paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Like Mussolini and Kennedy?
exactly,
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:When Fox News started I had hopes of having a more neutral major news source. The "mainstream media" are indeed biased. Not intentionally so. But the overwhelming majority of journalists in them are liberals. That's their frame of reference. It influences what they prioritize. It influences their perspective.

So, you truly believe that the MSM is biased “unintentionally”, but Fox News is overtly biased?

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Aho Old Guy wrote::roll:
Ivytalk wrote:Someone call Bellevue Hospital. JSO is officially “around the bend.”
So. You got nuthin' but a smear? Bzzzzzzz. Wrong answer.

You may not like like it, but the "Fox News Effect" is real. In 2003, 75% of Fox viewers though Saddam was responsible for 9/11 (and possessed 'WMD'). Even today, 20-25% of 'em still feel the same way (and that The Shrub was a great President?).

John is right __ and you swung and missed.
JohnStOnge wrote:It also doesn't help that we've got almost half the country relying on "conservative media" instead of on mainstream media. The mainstream media are not perfect. There is liberal bias that impacts their frames of reference and impacts the contexts they present. But they are not like the conservative media. The conservative media are there to intentionally propagandize. They intentionally publish misleading information in the interest of a political point of view.

It is fucking hilarious to watch ANYONE come out and defend the MSM. Everything you wrote in red has been done 1,000 times by the leftist MSM. Probably more.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

AholeRealOldGuy just pops out of the ground once or twice a month to stir things up. Analjelly will grow up to be just like him.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:AholeRealOldGuy just pops out of the ground once or twice a month to stir things up. Analjelly will grow up to be just like him.
Actually, he’s more of a smarter, more substantive Houndawg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
So, you truly believe that the MSM is biased “unintentionally”, but Fox News is overtly biased?
Yes. The bias associated with the mainstream media exists because a disproportionate percentage of mainstream media journalists are ideologically liberal. But their efforts are generally directed at finding the truth.

Fox News was created for the purpose of broadcasting conservative propaganda. I'll say again that they do have some hard news people who are not part of that. But they are drowned out.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

A timely example of what the conservative media generally are:

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/16/c ... ald-trump/
Craig Silverman, a former chief deputy district attorney in Denver and talk-show host on the conservative 710 KNUS radio station, said he was fired mid-show Saturday after criticizing President Donald Trump.

Silverman was in the middle of a segment about Roy Cohn, Trump’s former personal attorney, when he suddenly was interrupted by network news, he told The Denver Post.

Silverman’s producer threw his hands up in the air, indicating it wasn’t him.

Instead, program director Kelly Michaels came through the door.

“You’re done,” Silverman recounted Michaels as saying.

The former prosecutor, who has hosted “The Craig Silverman Show” from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturdays for more than five years, responded to the sudden firing on Twitter.

“I cannot and will not toe strict Trump party line. I call things as I see them,” he tweeted. “I see corruption and blatant dishonesty by President and his cronies. I also see bullying/smearing of American heroes w/courage to take oath and tell truth. Their bravery inspires me.”
The guy voted for Trump in 2016.
Could I ever be a star?