Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Texas Church Shooting

Post by AZGrizFan »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-church ... way-church
The ex-FBI agent who jumped into action when a gunman opened fire on worshipers during a church service in Texas said Monday he was placed in a position he didn't want to be in, but had to react because "evil exists."
Two men were killed when the gunman opened fire at West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement on Sunday morning as more than 240 parishioners were inside. Within seconds, he was shot to death by two congregants who fired back.

Jack Wilson, a Hood County resident running for commissioner for Precinct 3 who is the head of the church's security team, shared some details on his campaign's Facebook page as he gave thanks to "all who have sent their prayers and comments on the events of today."
Jesus it must just KILL libs to see a good guy with a gun take down a bad guy before he could kill 25, 30, 35 people.

Really doesn't help their narrative. :lol: :lol:

Oh, and that shot he made? Unreal. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Texas Church Shooting

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-church ... way-church
The ex-FBI agent who jumped into action when a gunman opened fire on worshipers during a church service in Texas said Monday he was placed in a position he didn't want to be in, but had to react because "evil exists."
Two men were killed when the gunman opened fire at West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement on Sunday morning as more than 240 parishioners were inside. Within seconds, he was shot to death by two congregants who fired back.

Jack Wilson, a Hood County resident running for commissioner for Precinct 3 who is the head of the church's security team, shared some details on his campaign's Facebook page as he gave thanks to "all who have sent their prayers and comments on the events of today."
Jesus it must just KILL libs to see a good guy with a gun take down a bad guy before he could kill 25, 30, 35 people.

Oh, and that shot he made? Unreal. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Not at all - those Wal-Mart episodes in Texas just had us thinking that Texans were all talk the way they cut and ran...

Fortunately the perp wasn't smart enough to consider an IED. Once that thinking catches on and everybody has drones its going to get real interesting
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

houndawg wrote:

Not at all - those Wal-Mart episodes in Texas just had us thinking that Texans were all talk the way they cut and ran...

Fortunately the perp wasn't smart enough to consider an IED. Once that thinking catches on and everybody has drones its going to get real interesting
Going to change the entire roofing, window and siding industry.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:

The left will still blame evil AR-15's. :nod: :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

How many COEXIST stickers were in the parking lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:How many COEXIST stickers were in the parking lot?
Probably just one...
the car of female child
of an attending family
and she's going to an out of state college in California

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

At a church in Texas? Seriously?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
Probably just one...
the car of female child
of an attending family
and she's going to an out of state college in California

:lol:
Well then, clearly they needed more

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Gil Dobie wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Going to change the entire roofing, window and siding industry.
:rofl: :rofl:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

6 seconds, draws gun, aims, moving target at least 50 feet away, HOLY SHIT, HEAD SHOT!

Nice work!
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Like this? Probably a few.

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

I do like the Mossberg products !!!

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:I do like the Mossberg products !!!

Every Mossberg I had on the job turned into a rattly loose piece of junk ... especially the stainless ones. They seemed to be engineered with very high tolerances and the slide felt like it would fall off half the time, and the “shuck” sound was unimpressive

maybe they have their act together now it has been a while

The Remington 870 is still the gold standard for me.... think of it as the .38 Smith 5 shot snub of shotguns

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:I do like the Mossberg products !!!

Every Mossberg I had on the job turned into a rattly loose piece of junk ... especially the stainless ones. They seemed to be engineered with very high tolerances and the slide felt like it would fall off half the time, and the “shuck” sound was unimpressive

maybe they have their act together now it has been a while

The Remington 870 is still the gold standard for me.... think of it as the .38 Smith 5 shot snub of shotguns

:thumb:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

andy7171 wrote:6 seconds, draws gun, aims, moving target at least 50 feet away, HOLY SHIT, HEAD SHOT!

Nice work!
He was either much closer or lucky. 50 feet with a pistol you're going for center-of-mass.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

houndawg wrote:
andy7171 wrote:6 seconds, draws gun, aims, moving target at least 50 feet away, HOLY SHIT, HEAD SHOT!

Nice work!
He was either much closer or lucky. 50 feet with a pistol you're going for center-of-mass.
Have you seen the video...estimates from it are 45 - 50 feet...it’s measurable.

The shooter said he would normally go for CM but since the bad guy was about to start shooting at the mass of the congregation, he went for the head shot...and made it...

Call it luck...call it skill...he made it.
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Col Hogan wrote:
houndawg wrote:

The shooter said he would normally go for CM but since the bad guy was about to start shooting at the mass of the congregation, he went for the head shot...and made it...

It's a terrific shot. Roughly two seconds from draw to fire, under duress. Looks to be 40 feet away to me (about 13 strides to the perp after tango down).

Here it all is in real time, uncensored: https://www.bitchute.com/video/EIBFrmzco2yG/
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:

It's a terrific shot. Roughly two seconds from draw to fire, under duress. Looks to be 40 feet away to me (about 13 strides to the perp after tango down).

Here it all is in real time, uncensored: https://www.bitchute.com/video/EIBFrmzco2yG/
It was a great shot and the guy obviously took his practice seriously.... but to me the shot itself was less remarkable than the guy’s calm. He may have done some duress practice, or maybe he’s just stone cold
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:
93henfan wrote:

It was a great shot and the guy obviously took his practice seriously.... but to me the shot itself was less remarkable than the guy’s calm. He may have done some duress practice, or maybe he’s just stone cold
No doubt. The first man shot (second standing to left of perp) appeared to be drawing, and that was a more common example of what most non-ubertrained people would react like with that much adrenaline and that little muscle memory in said scenario.

The successful shooter was a certified firearms instructor and former deputy sheriff. This was a muscle memory scenario for him. Luckily for the next four or five people who would have been shot.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

mainejeff2 wrote:White Settlement, Texas fun facts:

4.1% of population is African American.

Texas Civil War Museum is located here (duh!).

:coffee:
Maine, fun facts:
1.34% of the population is black. Over half (10k of 18k) were imported from Somalia, so Maine would have some black people.
http://worldpopulationreview.com/states ... opulation/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

BDKJMU wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:White Settlement, Texas fun facts:

4.1% of population is African American.

Texas Civil War Museum is located here (duh!).

:coffee:
Maine, fun facts:
1.34% of the population is black. Over half (10k of 18k) were imported from Somalia, so Maine would have some black people.
Importing diversity. :lol:

Geoffrey probably crosses the street when when he sees one walking his way.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Col Hogan wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Nothing but respect for the shot - still I'd think the most important thing at that moment is to put a bullet in him anywhere at least to slow him down, but that's all hindsight. Like you said, he made it and some people are alive because of that.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

mainejeff2 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Maine, fun facts:
The Catholic Church imported them.....but they have been mostly embraced in a state that desperately needs younger people and more diversity. :thumb:

The amazing statistic from your link is that 31% of Mainers or about 400K have no religious affiliation. :thumb: :clap: :notworthy:

But back to White Settlement, Texas.....I found it amazing that about 650 black folk would be OK with living in a town called White Settlement. :lol:
The town was named by the local Indians is how I heard it
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:

Nothing but respect for the shot - still I'd think the most important thing at that moment is to put a bullet in him anywhere at least to slow him down, but that's all hindsight. Like you said, he made it and some people are alive because of that.
Odds are when a shooter starts getting shot back at it changes his perspective dramatically. Even if he had not hit the guy, it would have changed his priorities...plus, there were six other guys who pulled on him.

Regardless, it was an amazing shot.