Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:03 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:49 am
Maybe, maybe not. Can you tell me if it does? Can Trump?

WHO certainly doesn't think it'd be effective at this point.

Travel ban aside, yesterday's speech was also an indication that the administration is focusing on the wrong stuff. He's treating this as some foreign entity that can be stopped at the border when the thing virus is here for weeks now. If he really wants to fix this, he needs to go on prime time again and detail the ground game the federal government is going to implement, not just some limp-wrist travel restrictions.

Being dismissive, and treating the virus as some weird enemy of the state, is a very dangerous game.
Your whole response is just :lol:
Trump does something, it's his fault. Trump does nothing, it's his fault. :dunce:

This virus is here, steps are being taken to limit how fast it spreads and that includes importing additional cases via air travel to Europe. In addition to the Fed; State, county, and local agencies/entities are already taking actions they see fit. I think it's already too late for a travel ban (BTW closing the borders worked great for Russia), but I'm not opposed to taking the steps deemed necessary. Not sure why you feel otherwise and in fact, seem contradictory to your "shut down big local gatherings" you posted yesterday.
At this point the government response has to be better than it was when it was saying " It'll be fine once the weather warms up." Trump is in an incredibly difficult position having to make incredibly difficult decisions. I don't envy him and I sincerely hope that with Congress, they respond quickly. It sounds like he is finally taking this thing serious. The 30 day ban on foreigners could really help stem the tide. I just hope it isn't too late.

I hope he has some good advisers that are willing to listen to science. Dr. Fauchi (sp?) sounds like he means business. I like that guy. :thumb:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

How in the world is Russia doing ok with 28 reported infections?

Where's spandos to tell us they created COVID-19 and it's a bio-weapon?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:06 am How in the world is Russia doing ok with 28 reported infections?

Now you’re confusing me. I thought it was the Red Chinese who created the virus and decided to infect the world.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:35 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:06 am How in the world is Russia doing ok with 28 reported infections?

Now you’re confusing me. I thought it was the Red Chinese who created the virus and decided to infect the world.
That's what they WANT you to believe! WAKE UP, IVY! IT'S A VAST, LEFT WING/SOVIET CONSPIRACY TO TOPPLE AMERICA!!!!!! THIS WAS CREATED IN A KGB LAB, WITH THE NORTH KOREANS! THEY'RE TRYING TO CREATE A NEW WORLD ORDER! FINKLE IS EINHORN!!!! FINKLE IS EINHORN!!!!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:40 am
Ivytalk wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:35 am

That's what they WANT you to believe! WAKE UP, IVY! IT'S A VAST, LEFT WING/SOVIET CONSPIRACY TO TOPPLE AMERICA!!!!!! THIS WAS CREATED IN A KGB LAB, WITH THE NORTH KOREANS! THEY'RE TRYING TO CREATE A NEW WORLD ORDER! FINKLE IS EINHORN!!!! FINKLE IS EINHORN!!!!
:rofl: :rofl: Strong work! :thumb:

Russians in every woodpile.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Nebraska coach Fred Hoiberg exits game visibly ill, diagnosed with common cold at hospital

https://sports.yahoo.com/fred-hoiberg-n ... 28676.html

Hypochondria is ramping up.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

My direct manager has had all the symptoms. He's been out all week, but came to work last Friday with a high fever (but no other symptoms).

Doctors are testing him now for the flu, and if he doesn't have it, then they'll do a covid-19 test. He was in NYC last week too.

I'm developing a cough this morning, so I'm staying home just in case. Hopefully just seasonal allergies. :?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:34 pm
Gil Dobie wrote:
Life will change. Talk by co-workers with relatives in China and Italy, say it's not good over there. Small percent of actual cases are being reported, rest is covered up. Hospitals there, are deciding who should live and who should be left to die. As long as people don't panic and stay calm, we'll get through this.
Yea but CNN is chicken little tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People keep saying that. For weeks. People lie Z ranting about the Media instead of taking it seriously. The Non-Right wing media has been more accurate on this than the walking disaster of the hoax in the White House who is unprepared, incompetent and making matters worse
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

93henfan wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:38 pm CNN really is doing the country a disservice.

The truth lies somewhere between "this ain't shit" and what CNN is doing, and I personally think it's a lot closer to "this ain't shit".

Gil is spot on with the don't panic/stay calm comment. That's really the way we get through the tunnel. This thing will kill less than the flu this year, but you'd never know it watching CNN.

CNN is doing a better service than the Fox but kissing which has deluded millions of sheep to think this is a hoax and making matters worse
:thumb:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

It's not a panic situation, but it's going to take a community effort to contain this thing. Influenza is already enough; even if corvid-19 isn't as deadly as first thought, the mortality rate is still high and we don't need another seasonal virus for generations to come.

This is a big deal because at this point in human history, there's still a chance to contain it. If we fail, so be it, but to simply brush this off as nothing is very selfish to those who will be affected by it. It's a very antivax-esque stance.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:41 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:34 pm
Yea but CNN is chicken little tonight.

People keep saying that. For weeks. People lie Z ranting about the Media instead of taking it seriously. The Non-Right wing media has been more accurate on this than the walking disaster of the hoax in the White House who is unprepared, incompetent and making matters worse
Giving the news/updates/information is one thing. Having experts on to talk about it and what could be expected here based off what's happened in other countries is one thing (and it's good).

Telling people that your lives will change, " You can no longer do what you want, when you want, how you want and with whatever means you have", to me, sparks panic. Especially when it's repeated over and over. You aren't sounding the alarm. Cuomo did that last night after the address. Yes, we all realize that something serious is happening here. Forget about comparing it to the flu, something is happening and it's having an incredible impact on our society. As I said previously, I think the matter of fact manor in which Dr. Fauci gave us information the other day was the way to go. He wasn't emotional about it. At least that is how I perceive it.

And again, Trump did better than I expected last night. He was a bit robotic and clearly can't read from a teleprompter. But he sounded sober. Better late than never. I think his response to tell everyone "within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero" was extremely stupid. Calm people down, be factual and not hyperbolic.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump, in an explosive tirade on Monday, urged Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to encourage Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell to do more to stimulate the economy, two officials familiar with the exchange said, revealing the president's mounting fury as his administration struggles to corral economic fallout from the novel coronavirus.

Trump has frequently complained about the Fed in public for at least two years, but his latest effort to pressure Mnuchin to privately push for action has not been previously reported.

During that tense Monday meeting in the Oval Office, Trump fumed that Powell never should have been appointed and is damaging the nation and his presidency.
https://www.thehour.com/business/articl ... 124246.php

:roll: For someone that said he'd hire the best, he surely doesn't care for them.

Maybe he meant "sycophants" when he said "best. "
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:52 am
dbackjon wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:41 am

Giving the news/updates/information is one thing. Having experts on to talk about it and what could be expected here based off what's happened in other countries is one thing (and it's good).

Telling people that your lives will change, " You can no longer do what you want, when you want, how you want and with whatever means you have", to me, sparks panic. Especially when it's repeated over and over. You aren't sounding the alarm. Cuomo did that last night after the address. Yes, we all realize that something serious is happening here. Forget about comparing it to the flu, something is happening and it's having an incredible impact on our society. As I said previously, I think the matter of fact manor in which Dr. Fauci gave us information the other day was the way to go. He wasn't emotional about it. At least that is how I perceive it.

And again, Trump did better than I expected last night. He was a bit robotic and clearly can't read from a teleprompter. But he sounded sober. Better late than never. I think his response to tell everyone "within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero" was extremely stupid. Calm people down, be factual and not hyperbolic.
Agree to an extent but we’re a fairly selfish and stubborn culture at times. This has already contributed to the problem.

I highly suggest reading the article I posted earlier this morning and or listen to the Rogan Podcast with the scientist from the university of Minnesota. The wise guys have been warning about this all along. It may increase panic but it’s up to all of us to control our emotions when shown the facts. Some people need to be hit over the head with a board until they finally get it.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

You guys are all (mostly) morans

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Viking and Princess cruise lines have closed shop.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:13 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:52 am

Agree to an extent but we’re a fairly selfish and stubborn culture at times. This has already contributed to the problem.

I highly suggest reading the article I posted earlier this morning and or listen to the Rogan Podcast with the scientist from the university of Minnesota. The wise guys have been warning about this all along. It may increase panic but it’s up to all of us to control our emotions when shown the facts. Some people need to be hit over the head with a board until they finally get it.
Read the article. A bit scary but an easy takeaway: “social distancing.” As a retired couple, we have a head start. ;)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:01 am

Read the article. A bit scary but an easy takeaway: “social distancing.” As a retired couple, we have a head start. ;)
:nod:

And 6 feet sounds like the proximity baseline.

Mrs Kalm just ordered me to load up on ammo and weed today.

Love that woman! :mrgreen:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:28 am My direct manager has had all the symptoms. He's been out all week, but came to work last Friday with a high fever (but no other symptoms).

Doctors are testing him now for the flu, and if he doesn't have it, then they'll do a covid-19 test. He was in NYC last week too.

I'm developing a cough this morning, so I'm staying home just in case. Hopefully just seasonal allergies. :?
Update, but he tested negative for the flu and C-19, although he's got some upper respiratory virus which they gave him meds for.

My dry cough has gotten progressively worse this morning, so I scheduled a doctor's appt. I probably have what he has.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:01 am

Married to an introvert, i'm there with you. :lol:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Ibanez wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:07 pm Youre the one with hurt feelers like a skinned knee little girl. Orange man bad derp derp derp we all gonna die and stuff!!! Kalm down Karen

:coffee:
Bitch
Aw. I triggered the big bad redneck/keyboard warrior from Montana by having an opinion. That's just precious. :) :)
So laughing at you acting like a skinned knee little girl is being triggered?

Such a fag thing to say, triggered ha ha ha go pout

Bitch

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

dbackjon wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:34 pm Yea but CNN is chicken little tonight.

Why take it serious when it's not? This is media created

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:52 am Giving the news/updates/information is one thing. Having experts on to talk about it and what could be expected here based off what's happened in other countries is one thing (and it's good).

I prefer Alder

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:34 am You guys are all (mostly) morans

Yeah? So what does the Oracle of All Possible Public Policy Issues Known and Unknown have to contribute today?
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

This Covid thing could have a big silver lining if a bunch of people who have it would go to DC while highly contagious. Wipe their nose on their sleeve, cough a lot. Take a tour of the Capitol building, shake hands with as many congressmen and senators as possible, get a tour of the White House, etc.

Lots of the longest serving members of Congress are in the older age group where covid is more deadly. It could be like randomized quasi-term limits if they all caught it.

How entertaining would it be if all of the presidential candidates over the age of 70 had to be replaced in a few months? And the presidential race had to start over from scratch with only 5 months to go before the election?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

catbooster wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:50 am This Covid thing could have a big silver lining if a bunch of people who have it would go to DC while highly contagious. Wipe their nose on their sleeve, cough a lot. Take a tour of the Capitol building, shake hands with as many congressmen and senators as possible, get a tour of the White House, etc.

Lots of the longest serving members of Congress are in the older age group where covid is more deadly. It could be like randomized quasi-term limits if they all caught it.

How entertaining would it be if all of the presidential candidates over the age of 70 had to be replaced in a few months? And the presidential race had to start over from scratch with only 5 months to go before the election?
How progressive of you.