CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Coronavirus

Post by CID1990 »

HI54UNI wrote:If This Is a War for Our Country, We’re Losing

I’m not going to make many friends with this article.

I’m having trouble wrapping my head around this quarantine and the more people tell me it’s about saving lives the angrier I get about it.

Before you take to the comments to elect me the first guy to die from drawing and quartering in generations, allow me to tell you that I understand the need to make sure that we keep the virus from spreading so that we can keep the most at-risk members of our society safe. I want them safe as well.

In fact, I don’t know anybody who wants anybody to die from the virus except the angry leftists who have lashed out at right-leaning pundits for sounding the alarm that we can’t do this forever lest our nation crumble around us.

The thing is, our hiding in our homes and waiting for this dark cloud to pass is inviting in something far worse. We’re plunging our economy into the toilet. Nay, past the toilet into the sewers below, and our country’s future is being carried out to sea as we speak. As it continues to free fall and we continue to let it, I can’t help but wonder if it would be better just to risk the virus.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/ ... re-losing/
The people who wrote articles like this are forgetting something

The entire world is experiencing this crisis

Nobody is getting a leg up or an unfair advantage. Some businesses will go under

But for the most part, when restrictions are lifted our economy will snap back like a rubber band.... the unemployment rate, the economic retraction, all of it - it is all artificial because it is intentionally self inflicted

People will overwhelm the mall the minute it reopens... dont let the partisans hoping fir their own best case outcomes to cloud your judgment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:33 am

I’m having trouble wrapping my head around this quarantine and the more people tell me it’s about saving lives the angrier I get about it.

Before you take to the comments to elect me the first guy to die from drawing and quartering in generations, allow me to tell you that I understand the need to make sure that we keep the virus from spreading so that we can keep the most at-risk members of our society safe. I want them safe as well.

In fact, I don’t know anybody who wants anybody to die from the virus except the angry leftists who have lashed out at right-leaning pundits for sounding the alarm that we can’t do this forever lest our nation crumble around us.

The thing is, our hiding in our homes and waiting for this dark cloud to pass is inviting in something far worse. We’re plunging our economy into the toilet. Nay, past the toilet into the sewers below, and our country’s future is being carried out to sea as we speak. As it continues to free fall and we continue to let it, I can’t help but wonder if it would be better just to risk the virus.

Nobody is getting a leg up or an unfair advantage. Some businesses will go under

But for the most part, when restrictions are lifted our economy will snap back like a rubber band.... the unemployment rate, the economic retraction, all of it - it is all artificial because it is intentionally self inflicted

People will overwhelm the mall the minute it reopens... dont let the partisans hoping fir their own best case outcomes to cloud your judgment

:nod:

But economics are going to be a far bigger kick in the nuts than many imagine. Its going to expose our weaknesses.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Good job NYC leadership. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Eh, I think a considerable amount of small businesses are going to be gone for good because of this. Will they be replaced by other small businesses? Maybe. I hope I'm wrong but I just have a hard time seeing your local mom and pop shop staying around with 2+ months of downtime.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Jan 15 - 1st carrier of the Corona Virus arrives in Washington State from Wuhan, China.

Jan 15 - Pelosi handing out pens to Trial Managers to sign the Impeachment

Jan 19 - 1st carrier of the Corona Virus goes into an urgent care facility in Snohomish County, Washington for testing

Jan 20 - Test results come back positive for Corona Virus

Jan 22 - House Managers begin opening statements on Impeachment Trial

Jan29 - White House assembles Corona Virus Task Force Team

Jan 30 - WHO declare Public Health Emergency.

Jan 30 - Nancy Pelosi gives her “Impeachment Forever” speech

Jan 31 - President Trump declares National Health Emergency

Jan 31 - President Trump orders travel restrictions to and from China and for US citizens to be quarantined for 14 days after arriving from China and other affected countries.

Jan 31 - Chuck Schumer and Adam Schiff call for votes to allow new witnesses in impeachment trial

Feb 1 - Joe Biden accuses President Trump of xenophobia and fear mongering.

Feb 3 - Impeachment Closing Arguments Begin

Feb 4 - President Trump explains plans for the Corona Virus during State Of The Union speech

Feb 4 - Nancy Pelosi tears up her copy of the State Of The Union speech

Feb 5 - Senate acquits President Trump of Impeach

Feb 6 - Nancy Pelosi defends tearing up the State Of The Union Address calling it a “Manifesto of Mistruths” She claims that the HR.3. bill and infrastructure is more important than what President Trump spoke about.

Feb 24 - Nancy Pelosi travels to San Francisco and encourages people to eat and shop there and attend the Chinese New Year festival in Chinatown.

Feb 26 - President Trump announces VP Pence as Head of the Corona Virus Task Force Team

Feb 26 - Nancy Pelosi accuses President Trump of being too slow to react to the Corona Virus threat

March 13 - President Trump declares National Emergency

March 24 - Democrats Block stimulus bill in the Senate

March 27 - Senate passes Corona Virus Relief Package bill

March 27 - President Trump signs the Stimulus bill

March 29 - Nancy Pelosi calls for a review on what President Trump knew about the Corona Virus and when did he first know about it.

April 1 - Adam Schiff announces he is working on a bill to investigate President Trump’s response to the Corona Virus pandemic.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

You forgot to insert Trump, Kudlow & Ross proclamations regarding virus.
Go Black Bears!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Adam Fvcking Schiff misses the limelight. Now there’s a big surprise.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

mainejeff wrote:You forgot to insert Trump, Kudlow & Ross proclamations regarding virus.
No I didn't I only posted facts

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

mainejeff wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:48 am
Baldy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:08 am
...or New York, your choice.
:?
....or Georgia.....back at ya! :thumb:

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/geor ... 1570885546

Yeesh...... :?
MSNBC. :lol:

Educate yourself before you look like a fool again.

viewtopic.php?p=1303220#p1303220
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

So... have we started an anti-vaxxer thread yet? Gonna be huge - thinking we should get in front of this...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:45 am
CID1990 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:13 pm
Under no circumstances do we restrict American citizens from returning home - as a matter of longstanding policy

I suppose Trump could have tried it but you’d be screaming about that right now if he had. Especially since most of those returning USCs are brown

Did I say to? We could have quarantined them like we are now. Point is, Trumptards screaming "he banned Chinese" is the proverbial closing the barn door after the livestock are all out. Window dressing to make the Cultists think Trump was doing something
And even doing THAT caused the leftards to call him a racist and bigot because he shut down travel....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:16 am
bobbythekidd wrote: It's pretty easy to lose your command on an aircraft carrier. I did two floats on an aircraft carrier for helicopters and both times the CO was relieved. One for running aground on a reef (he was asleep when it happened) and I don't know what the second one did.

Funny story, the one that hit the reef sent all the aircraft in the air then ordered all the Marines aboard to the flight deck. Then made them run from one side to the other in an attempt to rock the ship off the reef. :roll: The tide rising was the solution.

They are a capitol ships and very much in the spotlight. One has to do everything perfectly to advance.
Exactly

You take care of your people but you do it quietly... within channels

you don’t announce to the entire world in the middle of a deterrent patrol in the Pacific Ocean that you are taking your capital ship offline and the Dept of the Navy should come bail you out

He’s a good leader for looking out for his crew but he hazarded a warship and was rightfully relieved

It should not preclude him receiving another command (but it will)

Oh, his career is toast. Over. Done. Finito. Caput. And he deserves it. I’ve seen CO’s do a lot of stupid shit in my career, but NEVER something that blatantly stupid.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

There is also a chance we could emerge STRONGER, if people/companies/governments prioritize/recognize the limitations, not just the benefits of JIT, globalization and the need to have essential services in the states.

Maybe not be so quick to off-shore jobs to cube farms in India where you have little control.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:34 am

Eh, I think a considerable amount of small businesses are going to be gone for good because of this. Will they be replaced by other small businesses? Maybe. I hope I'm wrong but I just have a hard time seeing your local mom and pop shop staying around with 2+ months of downtime.
Plenty of immigrants to take their place :nod:

It seems like the majority of small businesses around me are immigrant owned
:thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:57 pm
SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:19 pm

No, it's a Chinese Flu that caused this shit show. Get it right.
Our shitty response caused our current predicament.
South Korea and the US announced their first cases on the same day. South Korea instituted massive testing right off the bat. We STILL aren't testing sufficiently. :suspicious:
Wrong. The god damn Chinese caused our current predicament.
-They allowed a ginormous, unhealthy, unsanitary wet market to operate in Wuhan, which directly or indirectly, gave us the virus.
-Their coverup allowed an outbreak.
-Even after they posted the genome sequencing, they allowed the mid Jan NY celebration banquest with upwards of 200k people. Gas on fire.

Timeline: The early days of China's coronavirus outbreak and cover-up
https://www.axios.com/timeline-the-earl ... 5faab.html

The study found if China hadn't delayed/covered up/obfuscated for 3 weeks, cases could have been reduced 95 percent.
https://www.southampton.ac.uk/news/2020 ... china.page

Then those motherfuckers tried to blame the US.

Fuck China.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:28 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:57 pm

Our shitty response caused our current predicament.
South Korea and the US announced their first cases on the same day. South Korea instituted massive testing right off the bat. We STILL aren't testing sufficiently. :suspicious:
-They allowed a ginormous, unhealthy, unsanitary wet market to operate in Wuhan, which directly or indirectly, gave us the virus.
-Even after they posted the genome sequencing, they allowed the mid Jan NY celebration banquest with upwards of 200k people. Gas on fire.

The study found if China hadn't delayed/covered up/obfuscated for 3 weeks, cases could have been reduced 95 percent.

Fuck China.
At least you finally got off your Blame-the-Negros for everything kick. :thumb:
Go Black Bears!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Chizzang wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:49 am
Nice fake story.
No, the White House didn’t ‘dissolve’ its pandemic response office. I was there.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... se-office/
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

mainejeff wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:44 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:28 am

Fuck China.
At least you finally got off your Blame-the-Negros for everything kick. :thumb:
Its 'African American'. Or 'black'. Get out of the 1950s-1960s, racist..
Last edited by BDKJMU on Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

It begins...
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:09 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:34 am

Plenty of immigrants to take their place :nod:

It seems like the majority of small businesses around me are immigrant owned
How is that possible, Trip has been telling us this country hates immigrants. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:07 am

There is also a chance we could emerge STRONGER, if people/companies/governments prioritize/recognize the limitations, not just the benefits of JIT, globalization and the need to have essential services in the states.

Maybe not be so quick to off-shore jobs to cube farms in India where you have little control.
I think we do come out of this stronger. If there's one good thing about American capitalism, it's that we do allow things to break and to fail, even if it hurts. We're not like Japan that propped up ailing businesses for years and are still paying the economic price for protecting those businesses from market forces. We're not perfect, and I'm sure anyone could pull up examples of where we coddled businesses or industries, and we have, but the point is that we still allow things to falter and fail. And that's good, because it does weed out the weak - economic Darwinism. China doesn't have that, and it shows. Right now, they may be coming out of this sooner than we are (since it hit there first) but they don't have anywhere to sell anything to until the whole world gets out of this. And when we do get out of this, the same strengths and weaknesses we had before will still be there, but hopefully we'll be able to see a few of them (i.e. outsourcing of critical medical goods) and get that rectified for the next go-round.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:22 am
kalm wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:33 am

That’s not the only defining factor for extremism. I don’t agree with getting rid of it either, but that doesn’t make me terrified of Trips opinions.
I'm not terrified of Trip's opinions. I respect the fact that he wants to make the country better. I completely and utterly disagree with his opinion of better and what he's willing to do to get there. I also find it hypocritical that he wants to make changes that he knows will incite violence and then blame the violence on those that are defending something they hold dear.

The changes he is advocating for are not improvements to our way of life they are changes to the very fabric of American culture. If he believes our country is that flawed that it can't be improved without risking destroying it and there are other countries that are much closer to his ideal then yes, he should move to one of those countries. Otherwise he is being selfish and will share in the responsibility for any violence that does occur.
Yep. He wants to live in a socialist country. He's got a couple of those utopia's not too far away- Cuba and Venezuela..He really should move to one of those, and see how he likes it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:26 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:43 am

Truth be told, that is the truth that needs to be told over and over on this. It's a shame that people have such an aversion to all things Trump that they'll even turn away from the truth on the rare occasions that Trump utters a truth - but China needs to continue to be spotlighted for first allowing this virus to take hold in their own country, and then to be as irresponsible as they were to allow it to escalate into the pandemic that it did. Once it went global thousands were going to die no matter what other countries did, and until we get a vaccine, plenty more will die as well. It didn't have to be like this but that's what you get with the state of where China is at this moment. Anyone carrying their water right now should be called out for it.
:nod:

Fuck China.
Yep. Fuck China.. :nod:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:22 am I'm not terrified of Trip's opinions. I respect the fact that he wants to make the country better. I completely and utterly disagree with his opinion of better and what he's willing to do to get there. I also find it hypocritical that he wants to make changes that he knows will incite violence and then blame the violence on those that are defending something they hold dear.

The changes he is advocating for are not improvements to our way of life they are changes to the very fabric of American culture. If he believes our country is that flawed that it can't be improved without risking destroying it and there are other countries that are much closer to his ideal then yes, he should move to one of those countries. Otherwise he is being selfish and will share in the responsibility for any violence that does occur.
Yep. He wants to live in a socialist country. He's got a couple of those utopia's not too far away- Cuba and Venezuela..He really should move to one of those, and see how he likes it.
He doesn't have the courage

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:29 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:05 pm

That's all the Left has at this point. They don't have any of their own plans to point to, or actions they would have taken to mitigate. Just look at how the lambasted Trump when he announced travel restrictions from China and Europe. The Left is a complete joke. :coffee:
Oh bullshit.

The Trumptards are the ones that are a complete joke. You can't even grasp what the complaint about the travel restrictions were - Trump only restricted Chinese nationals on Direct flights.

He didn't restrict Americans coming back (which is how it got to Washington State). He didn't restrict Chinese coming via another country. It was a worthless travel ban.
Wrong dumb ass. He banned ANY FOREIGN NATIONAL who had travel to China within 14 days.
Any returning USC or green cardholders who had been in China other than Hubei province were asked to voluntarily self quarantine for 14 days.
Any returning USC or green cardholders who had been to Hubei province were mandatory quarantined for 14 days.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/31/2111 ... zens-china