4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Coronavirus

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:20 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:55 am

Yeah, that cunt, Mika Brez....somethingpolish, ran with this yesterday.
I don't care for her either but this was so unbelievably goddamned obvious. :lol:

Side note... That little conservative southern belle Elise Jordan does make it move a little

What was obvious?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:50 am
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:20 am

I don't care for her either but this was so unbelievably goddamned obvious. :lol:

Side note... That little conservative southern belle Elise Jordan does make it move a little

What was obvious?
That Trump was invested in the drug manufacturer.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:58 am
What was obvious?
I smell another Schiff investigation.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

What was obvious?
:roll: :ohno: :ohno:
1. It was a mutual fund.
2. It's a generic drug. Anyone can make it. In fact, there is a report that a hospital is making it on their own for COVID treatment (which doesn't sound correct to me, but that's what the report said).
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:03 am

1. It was a mutual fund.
2. It's a generic drug. Anyone can make it. In fact, there is a report that a hospital is making it on their own for COVID treatment (which doesn't sound correct to me, but that's what the report said).
Yeah ok. He was just yuge on it because he cares about people and finding a cure. He'd probably do a 5k in support. :lol:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:07 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:03 am
1. It was a mutual fund.
Yeah ok. He was just yuge on it because he cares about people and finding a cure. He'd probably do a 5k in support. :lol:
Now you're being ridiculous. :ohno: :ohno:

If it was to be approved for use, there would be at least 10 companies pumping this drug out. It's easy to make.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:12 am

If it was to be approved for use, there would be at least 10 companies pumping this drug out. It's easy to make.
No, you’re missing the point. Trump aggressively pushed this drug, generic or not, in daily briefings without disclosing his personal financial interest in the drug’s success. People don’t have time to dig for those buried facts when there's a crisis going on.That's Important, whether or not Aunt Mildred could make it in her kitchen.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Here’s a more comprehensive write up. Maybe he just got the idea from Fox News and Elon Musk.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... p_Messages

:lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:18 am

Here’s a more comprehensive write up. Maybe he just got the idea from Fox News and Elon Musk.

Science is Trump’s Kryptonite. 8-)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:22 am
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:18 am

Science is Trump’s Kryptonite. 8-)
Very good! :clap:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Careful guys Flaggy is a TRUE BELIEVER

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:17 am

No, you’re missing the point. Trump aggressively pushed this drug, generic or not, in daily briefings without disclosing his personal financial interest in the drug’s success. People don’t have time to dig for those buried facts when there's a crisis going on.That's Important, whether or not Aunt Mildred could make it in her kitchen.
So let me get this straight. If the drug is relatively safe, and has a chance to help you survive, are you telling me that you would not take it just because Trump has Sanofi in one of his mutual funds? :rofl: :rofl:

If you want to "follow the money", it's not this drug, it's the recovery of the overall economy that will provide the biggest return on investment. So Trump's desire to re-open the economy as soon as possible should be the bigger focus.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:31 am Careful guys Flaggy is a TRUE BELIEVER

:lol: Believer in what?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:40 am
Ivytalk wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:17 am

So let me get this straight. If the drug is relatively safe, and has a chance to help you survive, are you telling me that you would not take it just because Trump has Sanofi in one of his mutual funds? :rofl: :rofl:

If you want to "follow the money", it's not this drug, it's the recovery of the overall economy that will provide the biggest return on investment. So Trump's desire to re-open the economy as soon as possible should be the bigger focus.
Another Flaggy red herring. What about DISCLOSURE, Flaggy? Not a word that is in Trump’s daily vocabulary. I’m not relying on you to pump up my portfolio, but it would be nice to get some plain speaking out of our public officials. And PM me if you want a primer on the “buried facts” doctrine and related case law.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Worldmeter has the last US death on June 22, 81,766. May 26 in Minnesota, 625. Stay the Fuck home must be working.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:44 am

Another Flaggy red herring. What about DISCLOSURE, Flaggy? Not a word that is in Trump’s daily vocabulary. I’m not relying on you to pump up my portfolio, but it would be nice to get some plain speaking out of our public officials. And PM me if you want a primer on the “buried facts” doctrine and related case law.
How many different companies does Trump hold in his mutual funds. He doesn’t DESIGN these funds....can YOU list all the companies in YOUR mutual fund holdings?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:49 am

How many different companies does Trump hold in his mutual funds. He doesn’t DESIGN these funds....can YOU list all the companies in YOUR mutual fund holdings?
Again, not the point, which is disclosure. Anyway, I know the largest holdings in the mutual funds that I own.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Disclosure? How does one disclose something like this? What about 3M, or Ford, or other companies involved in the COVID fight? Should he start each press conference with a statement?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump ... 2020-04-07
The New York Times says Trump has a “small personal stake” in Sanofi, the French drug manufacturer that produces the drug.

The report doesn’t say how small, but it notes that his three family trusts have investments in a Dodge & Cox mutual fund whose largest holding is Sanofi. A fund that matches this description is the Dodge & Cox International Stock Fund US:DODFX, which at last check was 3.3% invested in Sanofi.

Trump’s 2019 financial-disclosure form lists stakes in Family Trusts 1, 2 and 3 valued at between $1,001 and $15,000.
Serious questions: How does he disclose? Does that form, whatever it is, not suffice?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:54 am

Disclosure? How does one disclose something like this? What about 3M, or Ford, or other companies involved in the COVID fight? Should he start each press conference with a statement?

The New York Times says Trump has a “small personal stake” in Sanofi, the French drug manufacturer that produces the drug.

The report doesn’t say how small, but it notes that his three family trusts have investments in a Dodge & Cox mutual fund whose largest holding is Sanofi. A fund that matches this description is the Dodge & Cox International Stock Fund US:DODFX, which at last check was 3.3% invested in Sanofi.

Trump’s 2019 financial-disclosure form lists stakes in Family Trusts 1, 2 and 3 valued at between $1,001 and $15,000.
Serious questions: How does he disclose? Does that form, whatever it is, not suffice?
I struck a nerve with you “investment guys.” Let me repeat it for you slowly. Trump has daily press briefings about the virus, during several of which he’s spent time pushing this drug (while talking out of his ass on other stuff — thank God for Fauci and Bryx). He hasn’t mentioned his holdings in any of them.Members of the public, desperate for a cure, may well try this drug in reliance on their President’s recommendation. Folks who don’t have the time or skill to dredge up stuff that day traders like you do. The subject will certainly come up today. If he has any sense, he’ll address it and move on: using an argument similar to yours, perhaps. But he’ll probably just throw a hissy fit. The public deserves to know from the horse’s ass’s mouth.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:06 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:54 am

I struck a nerve with you “investment guys.” Let me repeat it for you slowly. Trump has daily press briefings about the virus, during several of which he’s spent time pushing this drug (while talking out of his ass on other stuff — thank God for Fauci and Bryx). He hasn’t mentioned his holdings in any of them.Members of the public, desperate for a cure, may well try this drug in reliance on their President’s recommendation. Folks who don’t have the time or skill to dredge up stuff that day traders like you do. The subject will certainly come up today. If he has any sense, he’ll address it and move on: using an argument similar to yours, perhaps. But he’ll probably just throw a hissy fit. The public deserves to know from the horse’s ass’s mouth.
Trump's public speaking abilities aside, why would he have to disclose something that is in a mutual fund that has already been disclosed (supposedly)? What about the Production Act where he can selectively choose certain companies to produce something that they normally don't produce? Should he disclose, in a press conference, that he has a stake in those companies? And if it will end up as a loss for those companies, should he disclose that he has a financial interest in their competitors?

I just see this as complete hysteria. He can make far more money in many other ways than through Sanofi. How much does he have invested in Tesla, Ford, 3M, etc., and their competitors? Also all the other companies that make hydroxychloroquine.
Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, a more tolerable formulation, are not approved to treat COVID-19. Still, U.S. authorities and others are exploring their potential following encouraging preliminary results.

In response, Novartis has pledged a global donation of up to 130 million hydroxychloroquine tablets, pending regulatory approvals for COVID-19. Mylan is ramping up production at its West Virginia Facility with enough supplies to make 50 million tablets. Teva is donating 16 million tablets to hospitals around the U.S. On Friday afternoon, Amneal pledged to make 20 million tablets by mid-April.
https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/new ... tablets-to
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

AZ & Flaggy...
racing down the rabbit hole defending an indefensible huckster
fascinating to watch otherwise intelligent people degrade themselves

please continue

Remember Obama and Afghanistan
That was a great example of watching True Believers defend the indefensible and fans of Obama admit he was making a huge mistake
Last edited by Chizzang on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:28 am AZ & Flaggy...

please continue
Please answer the questions: How does he disclose, and what about all the other companies? Does whatever financial forms he has filed not suffice? How do you think this all came about in the news in the first place? Wasn't it "disclosure"?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:33 am
Chizzang wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:28 am AZ & Flaggy...

please continue
Please answer the questions? How does he disclose, and what about all the other companies? Does whatever financial forms he has filed not suffice? How do you think this all came about in the news in the first place? Wasn't it "disclosure"?
Whatever helps you keep the faith brother

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:37 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:33 am
Please answer the questions? How does he disclose, and what about all the other companies? Does whatever financial forms he has filed not suffice? How do you think this all came about in the news in the first place? Wasn't it "disclosure"?

OK. You are out of your bubble. I get it. I'll let you retreat. Run along.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:39 am
Chizzang wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:37 am

OK. You are out of your bubble. I get it. I'll let you retreat. Run along.
I'm curious at what point you have your Obama Afghanistan moment

That was the moment I harken back to when I stopped defending Obama and started thinking about everything he did
in a truly critical way... in an intellectually honest way with no apologetics and blind faith

:nod: