Coronavirus COVID-19

Political discussions
User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 26845
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Gil Dobie »

Hambone wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:35 am
Gil Dobie wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:03 pm


Minnesota has a mask rule, Wisconsin doesn't
Not following you around Gil ;) , but WIsconsin does have a mask rule.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... mask-order
No problem, stand corrected.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11829
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Col Hogan »

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11447
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Hope Hicks - one of Trump's closest advisors - has it (and she's showing symptoms).

She was at the debates, seen maskless on AF1 with Trump before the debate, maskless with the Trump kids, and maskless with Miller too.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54248
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:19 pm
Hope Hicks - one of Trump's closest advisors - has it (and she's showing symptoms).

She was at the debates, seen maskless on AF1 with Trump before the debate, maskless with the Trump kids, and maskless with Miller too.
Ehrmegerd.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18707
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by BDKJMU »

Democrat PA lawmaker caught saying to PA democrat gov on a hot mike masks are ‘political theater’..
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democr ... al-theater
BLM: Burning Looting Marxists

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 26845
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:29 pm
Democrat PA lawmaker caught saying to PA democrat gov on a hot mike masks are ‘political theater’..
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democr ... al-theater
I know you think you are smarter than anyone at the Mayo Clinic, let's hear it. :lol:

Mayo Clinic Link

Can face masks help slow the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes COVID-19? Yes, face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and social distancing, help slow the spread of the virus.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18707
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by BDKJMU »

Mississippi is first state to lift mask mandate as COVID cases fall
https://www.foxnews.com/health/mississi ... date-covid
BLM: Burning Looting Marxists

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11447
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:56 pm
∞∞∞ wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:19 pm
Hope Hicks - one of Trump's closest advisors - has it (and she's showing symptoms).

She was at the debates, seen maskless on AF1 with Trump before the debate, maskless with the Trump kids, and maskless with Miller too.
Ehrmegerd.
Well that escalated quickly.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47161
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:10 pm
Mississippi is first state to lift mask mandate as COVID cases fall
https://www.foxnews.com/health/mississi ... date-covid
Other locations are momentarily plateauing too while some...not so much. New increases are also being scene in areas that once had a solid lid on it. You can add Madrid to this list. Rollercoaster...

Good evening – here is the Covid-19 status report and commentary for October 1, 2020.

A. Today’s Covid-19 Headlines:

1. A major spike in Wisconsin is swamping hospitals, testing and tracing capacity /Local health officials in Wisconsin are overwhelmed. Hospital beds are filling up. And as coronavirus cases and deaths surge to fearsome new levels in the state, officials worry that the worst could be yet to come. “We have to get this virus under control, and we cannot do that if folks continue to go about their lives as usual,” Gov. Tony Evers said Wednesday on Twitter, when 26 new deaths were announced statewide, a single-day record.

2. The mayor of Moscow ordered companies to send home 30 percent of their workers — and anybody older than 65 or with an underlying condition — after the number of virus cases in the capital doubled over the past week.

3. Despite a fast-growing number of coronavirus cases, India will allow cinemas and entertainment parks to open with limited capacity beginning Oct. 15, in an effort to revive an economy that has been battered by the pandemic. Swimming pools will be open for athletes in training, and states could be allowed to open schools.

4. Almost 20,000 Amazon employees in the United States have had confirmed or presumed coronavirus infections.

B. Total New Cases Globally today: 319,406, with a cumulative case count of 34,469,967.

C. Today’s Global Top Ten New Case Counts:

1. India – 81,693
2. United States – 47,389
3. Brazil – 35,643
4. Argentina – 14,001
5. France – 13,970
6. Spain – 9,419
7. Russia – 8,945
8. Israel – 7,996
9. United Kingdom – 6,914
10. Colombia – 5,660

D. Today’s Global Top Ten Cumulative Case Counts:

1. United States – 7,494,671
2. India – 6,391,960
3. Brazil – 4,849,229
4. Russia – 1,185,231
5. Colombia – 835,339
6. Peru – 818,297
7. Spain – 778,607
8. Argentina – 765,002
9. Mexico – 743,216
10. South Africa – 676,084

E. The Top Ten New Case Counts from States or Provinces in North America today:

1. Texas – 3,196
2. California – 3,169
3. Wisconsin – 2,887
4. Florida – 2,628
5. North Carolina – 2,227
6. Illinois - 2,166
7. Missouri - 1,965
8. New York – 1,452
9. Georgia - 1,308
10. Ohio - 1,304

F. New Cases today in: Washington - 644 Oregon - 353 Idaho - 513 Montana - 429.

G. Today’s New Cases and Cumulative Case Counts by Continent:

1. Asia – 119,641 / 10,751,772
2. Europe - 69,160 / 5,093,868
3. South America - 64,761 / 8,114,200
4. North America - 58,549 / 8,951,035
5. Africa – 7,260 / 1,496,977
6. Oceania – 35 / 31,394
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9345
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: Fence Sitter & Ball-Sack Splitter

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by UNI88 »

I thought about posting this in the all sports thread but figured it would go political and belonged here.

Notre Dame's Leadership Is Failing Its Students
For Notre Dame fans waiting for decades for the school to get back to No. 1, we have an exciting update. Go ahead and wake up the echoes, because the Fighting Irish finally made it this week.

They are the national leader in COVID-19 angst.

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14668
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:09 pm
I thought about posting this in the all sports thread but figured it would go political and belonged here.

Notre Dame's Leadership Is Failing Its Students
For Notre Dame fans waiting for decades for the school to get back to No. 1, we have an exciting update. Go ahead and wake up the echoes, because the Fighting Irish finally made it this week.

They are the national leader in COVID-19 angst.
Pat Forde has been banging the drum for months that college sports shouldn't be playing and campuses should be closed down, and he has a special place in his heart for distaste of Notre Dame. Not that he's wrong, the ND President attending the Supreme Court thing without a mask (while taking students to task for not having them in South Bend) is indeed bad leadership, but Forde has had this kind of angle for months now.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9345
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: Fence Sitter & Ball-Sack Splitter

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:51 pm
UNI88 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:09 pm
I thought about posting this in the all sports thread but figured it would go political and belonged here.

Notre Dame's Leadership Is Failing Its Students
Pat Forde has been banging the drum for months that college sports shouldn't be playing and campuses should be closed down, and he has a special place in his heart for distaste of Notre Dame. Not that he's wrong, the ND President attending the Supreme Court thing without a mask (while taking students to task for not having them in South Bend) is indeed bad leadership, but Forde has had this kind of angle for months now.
On que, Ganny defends or deflects criticism of Notre Dame like JSO defends Biden ... ;)

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14668
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:19 pm
GannonFan wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:51 pm


Pat Forde has been banging the drum for months that college sports shouldn't be playing and campuses should be closed down, and he has a special place in his heart for distaste of Notre Dame. Not that he's wrong, the ND President attending the Supreme Court thing without a mask (while taking students to task for not having them in South Bend) is indeed bad leadership, but Forde has had this kind of angle for months now.
On que, Ganny defends or deflects criticism of Notre Dame like JSO defends Biden ... ;)
Correction, like how JSO defends Hillary. But yes, I'm like a fly to the fly trap when people fall back onto their weird fixation with damning Notre Dame. I tend to do it with Duke basketball too. :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 36579
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by 89Hen »

I like ND football and Duke BB too.
Image

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 14612
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SDHornet »


User avatar
catbooster
Level2
Level2
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:37 am
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by catbooster »

BDKJMU wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:15 pm
Gil Dobie wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:16 pm


That's what happens when the schools and gov get involved because people don't follow protocol. It's so simple, yet so complicated.
Oh, so in all those Green colored conk states they were following protocol. Got it.
Not sure I'd call one of those green states a conk state. Montana's governor is a donk and the conk legislature wasn't in session this year.

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18707
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by BDKJMU »

catbooster wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:13 pm
BDKJMU wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:15 pm

Oh, so in all those Green colored conk states they were following protocol. Got it.
Not sure I'd call one of those green states a conk state. Montana's governor is a donk and the conk legislature wasn't in session this year.
Montana is a lot more conk than donk. When was the last time they voted donk for POTUS?
BLM: Burning Looting Marxists

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18664
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by JohnStOnge »

We should be learning more about seasonality and lack thereof soon. I saw a guy with the group that does the IHME modeling today. He said a factor i them predicting 363,269 US COVID-19 deaths by January 1 right now is the belief that there is indeed seasonality and it will get worse as it gets colder.

Of course another factor is that we have a bunch of people in the population who are idiots and won't change engage in the behaviors necessary to minimize risk.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54248
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:38 pm
We should be learning more about seasonality and lack thereof soon. I saw a guy with the group that does the IHME modeling today. He said a factor i them predicting 363,269 US COVID-19 deaths by January 1 right now is the belief that there is indeed seasonality and it will get worse as it gets colder.

Of course another factor is that we have a bunch of people in the population who are idiots and won't change engage in the behaviors necessary to minimize risk.
IHME has literally ZERO credibility at this point. LESS than zero, actually.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54248
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:13 am
BDKJMU wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:10 pm
Mississippi is first state to lift mask mandate as COVID cases fall
https://www.foxnews.com/health/mississi ... date-covid
Other locations are momentarily plateauing too while some...not so much. New increases are also being scene in areas that once had a solid lid on it. You can add Madrid to this list. Rollercoaster...

Good evening – here is the Covid-19 status report and commentary for October 1, 2020.

A. Today’s Covid-19 Headlines:

1. A major spike in Wisconsin is swamping hospitals, testing and tracing capacity /Local health officials in Wisconsin are overwhelmed. Hospital beds are filling up. And as coronavirus cases and deaths surge to fearsome new levels in the state, officials worry that the worst could be yet to come. “We have to get this virus under control, and we cannot do that if folks continue to go about their lives as usual,” Gov. Tony Evers said Wednesday on Twitter, when 26 new deaths were announced statewide, a single-day record.

2. The mayor of Moscow ordered companies to send home 30 percent of their workers — and anybody older than 65 or with an underlying condition — after the number of virus cases in the capital doubled over the past week.

3. Despite a fast-growing number of coronavirus cases, India will allow cinemas and entertainment parks to open with limited capacity beginning Oct. 15, in an effort to revive an economy that has been battered by the pandemic. Swimming pools will be open for athletes in training, and states could be allowed to open schools.

4. Almost 20,000 Amazon employees in the United States have had confirmed or presumed coronavirus infections.

B. Total New Cases Globally today: 319,406, with a cumulative case count of 34,469,967.

C. Today’s Global Top Ten New Case Counts:

1. India – 81,693
2. United States – 47,389
3. Brazil – 35,643
4. Argentina – 14,001
5. France – 13,970
6. Spain – 9,419
7. Russia – 8,945
8. Israel – 7,996
9. United Kingdom – 6,914
10. Colombia – 5,660

D. Today’s Global Top Ten Cumulative Case Counts:

1. United States – 7,494,671
2. India – 6,391,960
3. Brazil – 4,849,229
4. Russia – 1,185,231
5. Colombia – 835,339
6. Peru – 818,297
7. Spain – 778,607
8. Argentina – 765,002
9. Mexico – 743,216
10. South Africa – 676,084

E. The Top Ten New Case Counts from States or Provinces in North America today:

1. Texas – 3,196
2. California – 3,169
3. Wisconsin – 2,887
4. Florida – 2,628
5. North Carolina – 2,227
6. Illinois - 2,166
7. Missouri - 1,965
8. New York – 1,452
9. Georgia - 1,308
10. Ohio - 1,304

F. New Cases today in: Washington - 644 Oregon - 353 Idaho - 513 Montana - 429.

G. Today’s New Cases and Cumulative Case Counts by Continent:

1. Asia – 119,641 / 10,751,772
2. Europe - 69,160 / 5,093,868
3. South America - 64,761 / 8,114,200
4. North America - 58,549 / 8,951,035
5. Africa – 7,260 / 1,496,977
6. Oceania – 35 / 31,394
Case counts non-adjusted for testing rates are absolutely meaningless, useless, fearmongering at best.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47161
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:32 pm
JohnStOnge wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:38 pm
We should be learning more about seasonality and lack thereof soon. I saw a guy with the group that does the IHME modeling today. He said a factor i them predicting 363,269 US COVID-19 deaths by January 1 right now is the belief that there is indeed seasonality and it will get worse as it gets colder.

Of course another factor is that we have a bunch of people in the population who are idiots and won't change engage in the behaviors necessary to minimize risk.
IHME has literally ZERO credibility at this point. LESS than zero, actually.
Science, bad!

Science I politically disagree with...REALLY BAD!

:lol:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54248
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:47 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:32 pm


IHME has literally ZERO credibility at this point. LESS than zero, actually.
Science, bad!

Science I politically disagree with...REALLY BAD!

:lol:
Science that is wildly inaccurate and keeps producing shit results, REALLY BAD. :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 26845
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:49 pm
kalm wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:47 pm


Science, bad!

Science I politically disagree with...REALLY BAD!

:lol:
Science that is wildly inaccurate and keeps producing shit results, REALLY BAD. :nod: :nod:
Science is as good as it's source, aka facebook, twitter, political activist or Medical Doctors with no political motive.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54248
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:59 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:49 pm

Science that is wildly inaccurate and keeps producing shit results, REALLY BAD. :nod: :nod:
Science is as good as it's source, aka facebook, twitter, political activist or Medical Doctors with no political motive.
Well that must be where IHME gets their info then. :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
catbooster
Level2
Level2
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:37 am
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by catbooster »

BDKJMU wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:07 am
catbooster wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:13 pm


Not sure I'd call one of those green states a conk state. Montana's governor is a donk and the conk legislature wasn't in session this year.
Montana is a lot more conk than donk. When was the last time they voted donk for POTUS?
Yes, Montana has a strong tendency to vote for conk presidential candidates. Bill Clinton in '92 is the only donk to win here since Johnson (Perot got about a quarter of the votes that year). But you were referencing responses to Covid, which has been handled by the Governor. I'm not sure what relevance the party of presidential candidates in past elections has to do with our Covid policies (although I realize relevance typically means nothing to you as long as something advances your storyline). Our official response has been much more similar to the stereotypical donk response than the stereotypical conk response.

Post Reply