Coronavirus COVID-19

Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:06 pm First, masks were mandated on July 9th. The mandate was working so well it was extended a month later. It kept working, so it was extended again. After more huge success; you guessed it…extended again

The mask vaccine is working, people. Wear a damn mask.

:lol:
How do you argue Against demonstrated success like that? :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:35 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:16 pm
BS indeed. Trump wanted $1.6T....now $1.8T. He's negotiating the wrong way! 'MERICA! MAGA!!! :kisswink: :kisswink:
Hey dipstick, it’s not the wrong way when THEY wanted $2.8. This thing is gonna get done somewhere around $2T. :nod: :tothehand:
Holding out for more debt = Art of the Deal
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:22 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:35 pm

Hey dipstick, it’s not the wrong way when THEY wanted $2.8. This thing is gonna get done somewhere around $2T. :nod: :tothehand:
Holding out for more debt = Art of the Deal
Nooooow you’re getting it.... :nod: :nod: :coffee: :suspicious:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Trending in the wrong direction again for many states. You can lump Montucky and Idablo in with the Midwest. Texas is back over 4,000/day. And yes, this includes hospitalizations and deaths...

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/ ... YETkRDh-rE
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Flu deaths should start showing up soon.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:08 am Flu deaths should start showing up soon.
Cause of death to be listed as the China Virus..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

The most recent re-enforcement of something that's been said before:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8
The science supports that face coverings are saving lives during the coronavirus pandemic, and yet the debate trundles on. How much evidence is enough?
To be clear, the science supports using masks, with recent studies suggesting that they could save lives in different ways: research shows that they cut down the chances of both transmitting and catching the coronavirus, and some studies hint that masks might reduce the severity of infection if people do contract the disease.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:34 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:08 am Flu deaths should start showing up soon.
It'll be same as it ever was. If the disease is judged to be a factor in a death the death will be listed as associated with that disease. If someone has both the flu and COVID-19 and both are judged be factors I expect that the death will be listed as both a flu associated death and a COVID-19 associated death. But I also really don't expect that to happen much.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:22 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:34 pm
It'll be same as it ever was. If the disease is judged to be a factor in a death the death will be listed as associated with that disease. If someone has both the flu and COVID-19 and both are judged be factors I expect that the death will be listed as both a flu associated death and a COVID-19 associated death. But I also really don't expect that to happen much.
Or...we have had a shot ton of flu deaths throughout this year.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:16 am Trending in the wrong direction again for many states. You can lump Montucky and Idablo in with the Midwest. Texas is back over 4,000/day. And yes, this includes hospitalizations and deaths...

Texas’ 7-day moving average for cases is at 3852, down from 4246 on 9/15 and 10,766 on 7/15.

Texas 7-day moving average for deaths is at 82, down from 110 on 9/16 and 276 on 8/4.

Go peddle that Fear monger shit somewhere else.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:41 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:16 am Trending in the wrong direction again for many states. You can lump Montucky and Idablo in with the Midwest. Texas is back over 4,000/day. And yes, this includes hospitalizations and deaths...

Texas’ 7-day moving average for cases is at 3852, down from 4246 on 9/15 and 10,766 on 7/15.

Texas 7-day moving average for deaths is at 82, down from 110 on 9/16 and 276 on 8/4.

We should just do like Obama did and stop testing for H1N1. There. New case count drops to zero.

Best page for weekly COVID information.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... index.html

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Well this article focused on midwest states and while Texas has moved the needle down at times even below 2,000 new cases it was rising back up this week and was over 4,000 yesterday.

It’s been apparent since March that our chosen path of half asking it insures a rollercoaster ride. What goes along with that is a slower economic recovery. So congrats I guess.

Hopefully we dodge a bullet with the flu season.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:36 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:06 pm First, masks were mandated on July 9th. The mandate was working so well it was extended a month later. It kept working, so it was extended again. After more huge success; you guessed it…extended again

The mask vaccine is working, people. Wear a damn mask.

:lol:
How do you argue Against demonstrated success like that? :coffee: :coffee:
Masks alone don't work. You also need social distancing, washing and temp checks. Plus you need support from the people, so they don't walk around with their noses hanging out. THAT IS NOT HAPPENING.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:54 am

Well this article focused on midwest states and while Texas has moved the needle down at times even below 2,000 new cases it was rising back up this week and was over 4,000 yesterday.

It’s been apparent since March that our chosen path of half asking it insures a rollercoaster ride.
Yeah, because new cases aren’t reported on weekends, so the number dips down, then goes back up to the same range during the week. Not sure what you’re talking about “rising back up”. And many, many states are seeing recoveries that are just fine. Because they’re not fear mongers. Texas, Colorado & Utah (the three states my company does business in) ALL have unemployment rates lower than the national average, and in some cases, significantly below. The thing keeping the recovery “slow” is the states who remain closed down when closing down hasn’t proven to accomplish a thing except increase government dependence.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

It’s been apparent since March that our chosen path of half asking it insures a rollercoaster ride. What goes along with that is a slower economic recovery. So congrats I guess.

And UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, etc., etc., all are experiencing spikes in cases....without corresponding increases in deaths. But reporting “case numbers” without adjusting for testing rate is another fear-mongering tactic. Let’s face it....the vulnerable have died, for the most part. And there was literally nothing that could have been done, because the infection was here and spreading before anybody knew it. Now the death rates DO mirror the flu....(and that’s assuming you actually believe the test results, which are circumspect, at best).
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:05 am

It’s been apparent since March that our chosen path of half asking it insures a rollercoaster ride.
Yeah, because new cases aren’t reported on weekends, so the number dips down, then goes back up to the same range during the week. Not sure what you’re talking about “rising back up”. And many, many states are seeing recoveries that are just fine. Because they’re not fear mongers. Texas, Colorado & Utah (the three states my company does business in) ALL have unemployment rates lower than the national average, and in some cases, significantly below. The thing keeping the recovery “slow” is the states who remain closed down when closing down hasn’t proven to accomplish a thing except increase government dependence.
Texas numbers have been consistently rising lately (except for yesterday).

You know who else has seen a recovery? Germany.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:25 am

And UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, etc., etc., all are experiencing spikes in cases....without corresponding increases in deaths. But reporting “case numbers” without adjusting for testing rate is another fear-mongering tactic. Let’s face it....the vulnerable have died, for the most part. And there was literally nothing that could have been done, because the infection was here and spreading before anybody knew it. Now the death rates DO mirror the flu....(and that’s assuming you actually believe the test results, which are circumspect, at best).
Death rates are driven by cases and therapeutics.

Places that are handling it well are able to because they got the number down to a point where outbreaks can be quickly isolated and regionalized better and they are able to handle short term spikes in hospitalizations. We can’t even manage them effectively in our own seat of government.

In other words, it’s being proven what could have been done in places all over the world.

You were wrong back in March but you’re at least trying to get better at it now. :thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:04 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:05 am

I’d love to see your source for Texas. Because I believe you’re incorrect.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:31 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:04 am

I’d love to see your source for Texas. Because I believe you’re incorrect.
I get the daily numbers from state DOH but here’s a 7 day average from the same source. Bottomed out in Sep., slightly rising again along with deaths. I think there was one day recently where the case count dipped below 2000 which made me take notice but it’s now inching back up toward 4,000.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.click2 ... utType=amp
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

WHO doctor says lockdowns should not be main coronavirus defence

Recent commentary from the World Health Organization's (WHO) special envoy on COVID-19 has sparked questions about the legitimacy of lockdowns to stop the spread of coronavirus.

"We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus."

This statement from Dr David Nabarro has also prompted questions about whether the WHO has backflipped on its advice, months after the pandemic was declared.

Dr Nabarro told The Spectator the economic impact on small countries that rely on tourism and increased poverty levels are two major effects of shutting communities down.

"We really do appeal to all world leaders, stop using lockdown as your primary method of control," he said.

"Lockdowns have just one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-12/ ... e/12753688
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:44 am WHO doctor says lockdowns should not be main coronavirus defence

Recent commentary from the World Health Organization's (WHO) special envoy on COVID-19 has sparked questions about the legitimacy of lockdowns to stop the spread of coronavirus.

"We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus."

This statement from Dr David Nabarro has also prompted questions about whether the WHO has backflipped on its advice, months after the pandemic was declared.

Dr Nabarro told The Spectator the economic impact on small countries that rely on tourism and increased poverty levels are two major effects of shutting communities down.

"We really do appeal to all world leaders, stop using lockdown as your primary method of control," he said.

"Lockdowns have just one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer."

Define “lockdown”.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:54 am
HI54UNI wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:44 am WHO doctor says lockdowns should not be main coronavirus defence

Define “lockdown”.
Why don't you ask the doctor? nabarroWHO@gmail.com

:coffee: :roll:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:28 am

Define “lockdown”.
Why don't you ask the doctor? nabarroWHO@gmail.com

:coffee: :roll:
You posted it. :coffee:

I think he might be right depending on more details.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Define “lockdown”.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:57 am
Define “lockdown”.
Now we know what happens to Flaggy after his wife sucker punches him ... :D