I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:06 am
CAA Flagship wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:12 am

The only one he has is a golf class on Tuesdays. (BTW, his professor saw his swing and immediately asked if he was a baseball player :lol: ).

He said the hotel is sweet. TV, fridge, and he doesn't have to climb up to his bed. Food is delivered to his room. Has to spend 10 days there and negative test out.
Yeah, I can't imagine a college kid having a tough time hanging out in a hotel room with a phone and food delivered to him. If he was able to bring in an Xbox or PlayStation he might not ever leave. Of course assuming no negative impacts from Covid, but for his generation that's pretty much the norm.
Oh, yes. He has his Xbox with him as well as his computer. Between our subscriptions and his roommate's/friend's subscriptions, he has access to just about anything that the TV does not have.
He'll be a bit stir crazy but I'm thinking he will get out of jail before the 10 days is up as long as there are no symptoms and he continues to test negative.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:44 am
GannonFan wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:06 am

Yeah, I can't imagine a college kid having a tough time hanging out in a hotel room with a phone and food delivered to him. If he was able to bring in an Xbox or PlayStation he might not ever leave. Of course assuming no negative impacts from Covid, but for his generation that's pretty much the norm.
Oh, yes. He has his Xbox with him as well as his computer. Between our subscriptions and his roommate's/friend's subscriptions, he has access to just about anything that the TV does not have.
He'll be a bit stir crazy but I'm thinking he will get out of jail before the 10 days is up as long as there are no symptoms and he continues to test negative.
If they had a picture of first-world problems it would be of a college kid, in a hotel room he doesn't have to pay for, eating food being delivered to him while obsessively playing a video game, while in "isolation". :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Nephew's wife, has covid. They are both nurses in St Paul. They have a 1 year old daughter. They are young, so hopefully that helps. First case of a family member.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Possible false positives in Colts organization. Several tested positive, then tested negative. The testing will need to continue, but the practice facility is closed.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:42 am
Nephew's wife, has covid. They are both nurses in St Paul. They have a 1 year old daughter. They are young, so hopefully that helps. First case of a family member.
I’ve had three family members, three close friends, and about 75 employees get it.

Batting 1000% so far. About the only “lingering” effect is my brother still hasn’t gotten his sense of smell or taste back, and he had it in February (you know, before it actually existed in the country :lol: ).

If they’re young and healthy, they have very little to worry about.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:35 pm
Batting 1000% so far.
:suspicious:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:11 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Batting 1000% so far.
:lol:

What's your batting average, Mr. Below the Mendoza Line?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Batting 1000% so far.
Never heard that phrase, Junior?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:49 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote:

Not with the % included old man. :poke:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:04 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:49 pm

:lol: :lol: i pondered whether to add it or not.... :coffee: :coffee:

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:06 pm
UNI88 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:04 pm

:lol: :lol: i pondered whether to add it or not.... :coffee: :coffee:
Yeah, should've left it out. No biggie, though.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5

Post by Gil Dobie »

Thursday deaths in Minnesota was the highest since June, Friday set a record for number of daily cases in the state. Not doing a good job of protecting the elderly and vulnerable.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Looking at applying for a Lean Six Sigma job with Amazon, streamlining their COVID 19 test kit delivery.

Sprucing up the resume this weekend.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:55 am
Thursday deaths in Minnesota was the highest since June, Friday set a record for number of daily cases in the state. Not doing a good job of protecting the elderly and vulnerable.
Weekly and daily records for states are falling right and left and yes, hospitalizations are becoming an issue again. Numbers of long term recovery (beyond one to two weeks) are also increasing according to Harvard which doesn’t help the economy. The mutation, D614G variant, has been identified and believed to be the number one driver of new cases. Good news is that while it appears to be more infectious the severity is the same.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:45 am
Gil Dobie wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:55 am
Weekly and daily records for states are falling right and left and yes, hospitalizations are becoming an issue again. Numbers of long term recovery (beyond one to two weeks) are also increasing according to Harvard which doesn’t help the economy. The mutation, D614G variant, has been identified and believed to be the number one driver of new cases. Good news is that while it appears to be more infectious the severity is the same.
Record are falling left and right? Please list the states....If the severity is the same, deaths should skyrocket and they haven’t.....

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:12 am
kalm wrote:

Record are falling left and right? Please list the states....If the severity is the same, deaths should skyrocket and they haven’t.....
Some lady from Benefis hospital in Great Falls got up on stage and talked about how the hospitals were being over run. Within the website was a link to hospital capacity in Montana. She's full of shit.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

20 states hit 7-day average records last week.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

7 states set daily case records this week.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnew ... cna1243823

The US went over 70,000 daily new cases for the first time since July. It’s increasing in 45 states versus the low 20’s back in August.

Need more?

Deaths lag behind spikes. Treatments and early detection should drive the deaths down....severity depends on how it’s measured. Symptoms, Hospitalizations, deaths?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:42 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:

The US went over 70,000 daily new cases for the first time since July. It’s increasing in 45 states versus the low 20’s back in August.

Need more?

Deaths lag behind spikes. Treatments and early detection should drive the deaths down....severity depends on how it’s measured. Symptoms, Hospitalizations, deaths?
Once again. What is defined as a case? Is it just a positive on a PCR test, or does it need to accompany symptoms? Your links are truncated, so I couldn't go to the articles to find out if they listed what constitutes a case.

This graph, from the CDC shows how testing has increased close to 300,000 tests over the last four weeks, while the positive rate still hovers around 5%. 5% of 300K is only 15,000, so that can't account for all the positives you quoted, and that is why we need to know how the new organizations you quote define a case. We may not be talking apples to apples.

And deaths from Covid continue to drop and are now close to being considered "normal" variance. Also, notice the break in the slope of the red line. That break shows an even steeper decline in deaths. That red line goes under the two black lines and we are no longer in an epidemic.

On a separate note, until I looked at the graph, never realized that pneumonia was such a killer.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:53 am
kalm wrote:

Need more?

Once again. What is defined as a case? Is it just a positive on a PCR test, or does it need to accompany symptoms? Your links are truncated, so I couldn't go to the articles to find out if they listed what constitutes a case.

This graph, from the CDC shows how testing has increased close to 300,000 tests over the last four weeks, while the positive rate still hovers around 5%. 5% of 300K is only 15,000, so that can't account for all the positives you quoted, and that is why we need to know how the new organizations you quote define a case. We may not be talking apples to apples.

And deaths from Covid continue to drop and are now close to being considered "normal" variance. Also, notice the break in the slope of the red line. That break shows an even steeper decline in deaths. That red line goes under the two black lines and we are no longer in an epidemic.

On a separate note, until I looked at the graph, never realized that pneumonia was such a killer.
Fair questions on the test to infection rate. Still, places like Missouri have experienced more deaths the last couple of months than they did early on. And Europe just passed the US in death rate again as their infections surge.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Need more?

I guess I’ll have to take your word for it since none of your links work.

Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:28 pm
kalm wrote:

Need more?

I guess I’ll have to take your word for it since none of your links work.
There is more testing now, as we always thought there were more cases than reported during the first wave. Number of deaths per day, are rising in Minnesota's neighboring states. Minnesota has been relatively steady.

In reality, there doesn't appear to be much alarm for protection of the nursing homes in this country.

North Dakota
North Dakota Covid Link

South Dakota
South Dakota Covid Link

Minnesota
Minnesota Covid Link

Iowa
Iowa Covid Link

Wisconsin
Wisconsin Covid Link
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

The bulk of CA's cases are in the 18-49 age range, that range has the 2nd lowest death rate. Steady and sharp declines in deaths since the end of July. There's no reason to keep this state locked down.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Here's an interesting article:

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden- ... rs-2020-10
Sweden is moving away from its no-lockdown strategy and preparing strict new rules amid rising coronavirus cases
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:18 am
The bulk of CA's cases are in the 18-49 age range, that range has the 2nd lowest death rate. Steady and sharp declines in deaths since the end of July. There's no reason to keep this state locked down.
We'll see. It's possible it's seasonal. Not only more cases but also a higher case fatality rate. It's possible that, with all that was going on during summer, it was going on during a relatively "mild" period. We're about to find out one way or another.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came