Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:13 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:25 pm

No shit? I thought I was being stopped. :lol:

I’ve been out and about all I want while taking precautions to protect me and my community.

I don’t like lockdowns either.

You’re trying too hard to act tough. You sound scared...or not smart enough to appreciate what’s happened. But I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re just scared and rely upon others to do the heavy lifting. :thumb:
We need a drinking game where every time Kalm says someone is scared, you have to drink.
We'd all die from alcohol poisoning, which of course would be more deadly than the China Virus. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Wonder how many tests incorrectly ID's the China Virus since Feb 2020? :popcorn:
After December 31, 2021, CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, the assay first introduced in February 2020 for detection of SARS-CoV-2 only. CDC is providing this advance notice for clinical laboratories to have adequate time to select and implement one of the many FDA-authorized alternatives.
https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021 ... ing_1.html
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:06 am
The ex-President did tell his supporters to get the vaccine on Saturday — but in such a way that offered an out for those who have bought into conservative misinformation about it -- and in an attack on Biden, he further politicized the issue. Yet again, Trump showed that he was not willing to diminish his own political capital for the greater good.
"I recommend that you take it, but I also believe in your freedoms 100%," Trump said, before adding, "because they don't trust the President, people aren't doing it."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/25/politics ... index.html

Trump talking on both sides of the issues and blaming Biden for the reason people aren't getting vaccinated (which I'm not sure how that is, but I'm sure he has proof). :lol: And we call UNI88 a fence straddler.

Trump is the main importer of distrust. I'm not sure why anyone would believe him. He's off his rocker if he thinks Republicans and alt-righters like BDK aren't getting the vaccine (which Trump takes credit for getting to the market so quickly) b/c of Biden. I'm not sure of the logic there. :dunce:
:jack:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:01 am Wonder how many tests incorrectly ID's the China Virus since Feb 2020? :popcorn:
After December 31, 2021, CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, the assay first introduced in February 2020 for detection of SARS-CoV-2 only. CDC is providing this advance notice for clinical laboratories to have adequate time to select and implement one of the many FDA-authorized alternatives.
UW is now considering rising there number of infected significantly up. I think there’s a good chance that it infected far more people and at an earlier start date.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:21 pm

Trump talking on both sides of the issues and blaming Biden for the reason people aren't getting vaccinated (which I'm not sure how that is, but I'm sure he has proof). :lol: And we call UNI88 a fence straddler.

Trump is the main importer of distrust. I'm not sure why anyone would believe him. He's off his rocker if he thinks Republicans and alt-righters like BDK aren't getting the vaccine (which Trump takes credit for getting to the market so quickly) b/c of Biden. I'm not sure of the logic there. :dunce:
You don’t consider yourself alt-right?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:05 pm
SDHornet wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:01 am Wonder how many tests incorrectly ID's the China Virus since Feb 2020? :popcorn:

UW is now considering rising there number of infected significantly up. I think there’s a good chance that it infected far more people and at an earlier start date.
Where?

*their
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:39 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:05 pm

Where?

*their
The earlier stuff was a reported story that Covid was found in Italian blood samples from September ‘19.

I read this story today regarding under-counts.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... TvoaRQqrpU
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:06 pm
This will be interesting. :lol:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

What? You're alt-right. There's nothing moderate, libertarian or even conservative about you. Or are your posts just a gross misrepresentation of who you are?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Do you consider yourself ctrl-left? Because you are.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:12 am

Klammy is certainly on the Left but I thought association with Antifa/BLM as well as progressives like AOC was the ctrl-left?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Excuse the source but they have some interesting definitions
he 'ctrl-left' profess to deplore socially conservative politics and their propensity to discriminate against ethnic and sexual minorities, yet their purported respect for human life is clumsily contradicted by their alliances.

Although less likely to, the 'ctrl-left' still has its links to those who disregard human life with many advocates outspoken supporters of Fidel Castro.

Their very own ideological haughtiness has created a vacuum where the 'alt-right' has gone from strength to strength. The 'ctrl-left', instead, continues to call for no platforming, safe spaces, and general censorship of unpleasant views - unaware that this course of action only empowers them.
the rise of a strongly authoritarian, classically right-wing ideology. They espouse no-nonsense, no-sympathy and no-coherency.

It is a kind summation to refer to the 'alt-right' simply as a right-wing ideology. Scholars note that this group are not only on the right but are ideologically underpinned by some of its most callous tendencies; ethnic nationalism, homophobia, islamophobia and so on.
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/chris- ... 20044.html
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:15 am

Klammy is certainly on the Left but I thought association with Antifa/BLM as well as progressives like AOC was the ctrl-left?
The standards are so much lower to be classified as alt-right. Anything to the right of Mit Romeny and you are an extremist! GASP!!!!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:46 pm
Baldy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:39 pm
Where?

*their
The earlier stuff was a reported story that Covid was found in Italian blood samples from September ‘19.

I read this story today regarding under-counts.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... TvoaRQqrpU
I have read as well that COVID was here earlier and much larger than believed. The study came to their conclusion by testing of the blood supply donations just like your statement.

It wouldn't surprise me that more have had COVID, as roughly 80% of the population had some form of immunity to COVID before the pandemic started, so you'll have a large pool that probably felt "something" but didn't get full on I'll. Although I'm sure they will use modeling and we've seen how poor the modeling has been from the start.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I’m haughty!

:clap:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:43 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:15 am

The standards are so much lower to be classified as alt-right. Anything to the right of Mit Romeny and you are an extremist! GASP!!!!
:lol: Anything to the right of Mitt Romney... :lol: :lol: :rofl:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:51 am
andy7171 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:43 am

:lol: Anything to the right of Mitt Romney... :lol: :lol: :rofl:
Trumpers, but not necessarily Trump voters.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:51 am Image
Sweet! So it will also disrupt supply chains, strain hospitals, create further lockdowns, and only kill 700,000 people here!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Got vaccine, not as many shits given anymore.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:54 am
Sweet! So it will also disrupt supply chains, strain hospitals, create further lockdowns, and only kill 700,000 people here!
Not if we use the common sense approach we have done for hundreds of years, where we isolate those most susceptible.

Lock downs and masking have both taken a beating in the studies.

COVID is gonna COVID.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:05 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:54 am

Not if we use the common sense approach we have done for hundreds of years, where we isolate those most susceptible.

Lock downs and masking have both taken a beating in the studies.
:rofl: yeah! Let’s rely upon the common sense and community obligations of the American people! :rofl:

They have taken a beating and thankfully the death and infection rates will obviously be considerably less...especially in the more socially responsible and low population areas. But there will remain avoidable disruptions to everyday life, strains on the healthcare system, and deaths.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:55 am Got vaccine, not as many shits given anymore.
I'm not particularly worried about my health anymore thanks to the vaccines, but I've spoken to parents who are worried about their unvaccinated children. For example, my coworkers and I are mostly vaccinated, but a few have kids and until vaccines are available for them, they're scared they could bring the virus home to them. (We actually had this discussion yesterday during our weekly meeting).

So whatever, I'll wear a mask at work and it's not a big deal if it gives them a bit more comfort. It's just a mask.

But I am having a hard time sympathizing with all the recent stories of unvaccinated people who spread misinformation and brag about not being vaccinated getting the virus and dying. I try to realize how brainwashed they were, but it's a deep reach for the empathy.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:18 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:55 am Got vaccine, not as many shits given anymore.
I'm not particularly worried about my health anymore thanks to the vaccines, but I've spoken to parents who are worried about their unvaccinated children. For example, my coworkers and I are mostly vaccinated, but a few have kids to go home to and until vaccines are available for them, they're scared they could bring the virus home to them. (We actually had this discussion yesterday during our weekly meeting).

So whatever, I'll wear a mask at work and it's not a big deal if it gives them a bit more comfort. It's just a mask.

But I am having a very hard time sympathizing with stories of unvaccinated people who spread misinformation and brag about not being vaccinated getting the virus and dying. I try to realize how brainwashed they are, but you definitely have to reach deep down for the empathy.
Since the Delta variant is hitting children - we're a bit worried. We homeschooled last year and this year we are sending her to 1st Grade. South Carolina could give a rats ass about public health (politics over everything else).

A childhood friend of MrsCCU refused to get the vaccine b/c she thought it was dangerous and there's a 99% chance that she'd survive if she got COVID. Her funeral is next week. Her husband, who is MAGA x2, just got his 1st shot and is requiring anyone who wants to attend to have had at least the 1st shot. It's wat too late for so many families.

For me the benefits of the vaccine far outweighed the risks of any complication from the vaccine (or any long lasting effect from surviving COVID). :twocents: But - if you don't think it's right for you, then that's fine. Just don't be a dick to those that had.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:32 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:18 am

I'm not particularly worried about my health anymore thanks to the vaccines, but I've spoken to parents who are worried about their unvaccinated children. For example, my coworkers and I are mostly vaccinated, but a few have kids to go home to and until vaccines are available for them, they're scared they could bring the virus home to them. (We actually had this discussion yesterday during our weekly meeting).

But I am having a very hard time sympathizing with stories of unvaccinated people who spread misinformation and brag about not being vaccinated getting the virus and dying. I try to realize how brainwashed they are, but you definitely have to reach deep down for the empathy.
Since the Delta variant is hitting children - we're a bit worried. We homeschooled last year and this year we are sending her to 1st Grade. South Carolina could give a rats ass about public health (politics over everything else).

A childhood friend of MrsCCU refused to get the vaccine b/c she thought it was dangerous and there's a 99% chance that she'd survive if she got COVID. Her funeral is next week. Her husband, who is MAGA x2, just got his 1st shot and is requiring anyone who wants to attend to have had at least the 1st shot. It's wat too late for so many families.

For me the benefits of the vaccine far outweighed the risks of any complication from the vaccine (or any long lasting effect from surviving COVID). :twocents: But - if you don't think it's right for you, then that's fine. Just don't be a dick to those that had.
:nod:

One of my closest friend’s father is a denier who is now intubated after catching it in Branson. He’s back home at a hospital in Austin. It’s been sad hearing about his daily decline. It’s politics driven, with some members of the family Q followers. The wife had to secretly get vaccinated behind the father’s back.

My buddy had it last fall and has experienced months of long haulers symptoms with mental acuity.

It’s just sad.