Political discussions
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by GannonFan »

Hey, quick question, for those who have been vaxxed, what did you get as proof of vaccination? Where I am, all we got was the CDC index card that the tech wrote on (basically wrote the type of vaccine, the lot number, and the date of vaccination). So for proof of vaccination the best I can do is either have the card with me or take a photo of it (assuming the entity wanting to see it will take a photo as a proof of vaccination). But then I read about other areas where they have a QR code on the card that links to something, and you can basically add it to your Apple Wallet or something similar on your phone. The type of card I have has absolutely zero electronic means of verification.

How's this going to work going forward? Heck, my youngest just got his booster shot a few weeks ago. His original card had two pre-printed labels that were stuck to the card for his first two shots. Because the booster shot information would've gone onto the back of the card (and necessitated two photos) the tech just offered me a new card and she would rewrite the previous information while adding the booster. But it's basically a person with decent penmanship writing on a piece of cardstock. Heck, I got all of my shots from CVS, and I'm pretty sure they have no electronic record of me getting the shots, at least the first two.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:31 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:57 pm
WTF are you talking about? :suspicious:
Sorry JMU is a dynasty.
Your senile ramblings are getting as bad as Biden’s..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:55 pm Hey, quick question, for those who have been vaxxed, what did you get as proof of vaccination? Where I am, all we got was the CDC index card that the tech wrote on (basically wrote the type of vaccine, the lot number, and the date of vaccination). So for proof of vaccination the best I can do is either have the card with me or take a photo of it (assuming the entity wanting to see it will take a photo as a proof of vaccination). But then I read about other areas where they have a QR code on the card that links to something, and you can basically add it to your Apple Wallet or something similar on your phone. The type of card I have has absolutely zero electronic means of verification.

How's this going to work going forward? Heck, my youngest just got his booster shot a few weeks ago. His original card had two pre-printed labels that were stuck to the card for his first two shots. Because the booster shot information would've gone onto the back of the card (and necessitated two photos) the tech just offered me a new card and she would rewrite the previous information while adding the booster. But it's basically a person with decent penmanship writing on a piece of cardstock. Heck, I got all of my shots from CVS, and I'm pretty sure they have no electronic record of me getting the shots, at least the first two.
I received the same type of index card, which I laminated and took a picture of it. Though I received my shots at the local hospital so there is a record of it there.

Only reason I laminated it and snapped a picture of it was for travel to Europe as most places require proof of some sort and a phone picture or the actual card will work. Unless Europe requires a booster to visit, I will not be getting one.

It is very easy to grab a copy of the electronic file for printing an "official" CDC card if one wants. But to answer your question, it will not work. Maybe it is possible for certain states to, but nationally I do not think it will be possible to keep track of it all.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:44 am Bummer. They rocked.

:lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Interesting to see RSV and Influenza making comebacks. This should mean COVID is moving towards becoming endemic and will now circulate with all the other respiratory viruses we deal with each year.

Viral interference!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:40 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:31 pm

Sorry JMU is a dynasty.
You missed you redlin dose this morning, along with your good humor pill.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:59 am
ritalin
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

*your
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CAA Flagship wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:23 pm

*your
* Ritalin
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

*your
I didn’t want to pile on.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Fed judge blocks Biden vaccine mandate for Fed employees while litagation is pending.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-fed ... uxbndlbing
Course its a little late, considering almost all fed employees had already been forced to be fully vaxxed by late Nov..Course could come into play if Biden tries to mandate boosters..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:38 pm Fed judge blocks Biden vaccine mandate for Fed employees while litagation is pending.
Course its a little late, considering almost all fed employees had already been forced to be fully vaxxed by late Nov..Course could come into play if Biden tries to mandate boosters..
* it’s
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:14 pm

ritalin
Your would know.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:05 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:14 pm
ritalin
Your would know.
*You
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:41 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:05 pm

Your would know.
*You
You wood know
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:28 pm
*your
* Ritalin
We just picked up an isomer of Ritalin to try on our Son. Our copay was $250. Granted we just started under a new insurance plan and have to meet the deductible, but for an isomer? If it doesn't work for him, I'm taking it! Lol. Always wondered if I had ADD.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:38 pm Fed judge blocks Biden vaccine mandate for Fed employees while litagation is pending.
I'd be surprised if the US Government does not this one in the end. It's an employer wanting to require its employees to be vaccinated. I don't think the Supreme Court said employers couldn't do that. They said the US Government could not tell OTHER employers they HAD to do it.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:55 pm Hey, quick question, for those who have been vaxxed, what did you get as proof of vaccination? Where I am, all we got was the CDC index card that the tech wrote on (basically wrote the type of vaccine, the lot number, and the date of vaccination).
I got the CDC index card. My employer requires that I be fully vaccinated and I just had to upload an image to the card to document that.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... -rcna13038
In one analysis of 259 hospitals and 383 emergency departments from late August through early January, a third dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine was found to reduce the odds of a hospital or emergency room visit by 94 percent during the delta wave, and by 82 percent once omicron started spreading.
Two additional studies, also published Friday by the CDC, suggest that boosters offered "significant protection" against both infection and symptomatic Covid, though that protection was higher during the delta surge compared with omicron.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/ ... mm7104e2_w

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/ ... mm7104e3_w
Could I ever be a star?

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:03 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:55 pm Hey, quick question, for those who have been vaxxed, what did you get as proof of vaccination? Where I am, all we got was the CDC index card that the tech wrote on (basically wrote the type of vaccine, the lot number, and the date of vaccination).
I got the CDC index card. My employer requires that I be fully vaccinated and I just had to upload an image to the card to document that.
Slipped my card into a baseball card saver I.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:53 am Interesting to see RSV and Influenza making comebacks. This should mean COVID is moving towards becoming endemic and will now circulate with all the other respiratory viruses we deal with each year.

Viral interference!
I think that the reason we are seeing influenza and RSV comebacks is because we have relaxed the COVID-19 mitigations. I think that, along with the fact that Omicron is more contagious, is also a factor in how MANY COVID-19 cases we have been seeing. If you compare this year to last year at this time, I think there is much less attention to social distancing, much less mask wearing, many more large gatherings, etc. Also in person school so that we have lots of little disease vectors running around.

Endemic is relative. If it gets to the point where we say COVID-19 surges like have been seeing in recent weeks are normal and we get them every year or even twice per year (that's what's been approximately happening with COVID-19 so far) then it will be endemic. But let's hope that's not the case because it is a much heavier disease burden than the seasonal flu, etc. Let's hope we don't get to a point where we have to accept 1,500 COVID-19 deaths per day as the "endemic" normal.

It's kind of like malaria is endemic in certain parts of the world. Yes, it's endemic because it's normal. But it's also very bad.
Could I ever be a star?

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

So what does that make heart disease (2.1k a day) or cancer (1.6k a day).
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:01 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:53 am Interesting to see RSV and Influenza making comebacks. This should mean COVID is moving towards becoming endemic and will now circulate with all the other respiratory viruses we deal with each year.

Viral interference!
I think that the reason we are seeing influenza and RSV comebacks is because we have relaxed the COVID-19 mitigations. I think that, along with the fact that Omicron is more contagious, is also a factor in how MANY COVID-19 cases we have been seeing. If you compare this year to last year at this time, I think there is much less attention to social distancing, much less mask wearing, many more large gatherings, etc. Also in person school so that we have lots of little disease vectors running around.

Endemic is relative. If it gets to the point where we say COVID-19 surges like have been seeing in recent weeks are normal and we get them every year or even twice per year (that's what's been approximately happening with COVID-19 so far) then it will be endemic. But let's hope that's not the case because it is a much heavier disease burden than the seasonal flu, etc. Let's hope we don't get to a point where we have to accept 1,500 COVID-19 deaths per day as the "endemic" normal.

It's kind of like malaria is endemic in certain parts of the world. Yes, it's endemic because it's normal. But it's also very bad.
No. Viral interference. COVID has been on an NDSU run among the respiratory illnesses, but fortunately in this division, Covids reign is over. Now the lesser programs get to win the championship of cold/flu season.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:38 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:01 pm

No. Viral interference. COVID has been on an NDSU run among the respiratory illnesses, but fortunately in this division, Covids reign is over. Now the lesser programs get to win the championship of cold/flu season.
Is is possible that NDSU got a boost from a Chinese laboratory to make this run so dominant? A little gain of function research for the folks in Fargo?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm