Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:08 am
kalm wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:55 am

You do realize the 2020 election wasn’t stolen?
Do you realize what my point is? Certainly you don’t
How could he when you don't know either?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:39 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:08 am

Do you realize what my point is? Certainly you don’t
How could he when you don't know either?

You and I both know you’ll never admit it
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

“Pulmonary embolism causes pulmonary vascular obstruction and damages circulation, leading to death in serious cases. Various cases of thrombosis have been reported as adverse reactions after vaccination with COVID-19 vaccines, and reliable studies on thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) have been confirmed, especially for viral vector vaccines. However, the association with mRNA vaccines has not been proven“

Well at least people are looking into the mandatory jabs now, who knows what they might find

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10303489/
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm “Pulmonary embolism causes pulmonary vascular obstruction and damages circulation, leading to death in serious cases. Various cases of thrombosis have been reported as adverse reactions after vaccination with COVID-19 vaccines, and reliable studies on thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) have been confirmed, especially for viral vector vaccines. However, the association with mRNA vaccines has not been proven“

Well at least people are looking into the mandatory jabs now, who knows what they might find

Now? They were looking into it all along and mRNA research and trials have been going on for decades. They are now testing and applying it for other diseases.

That is…if the science and NIH are to be believed.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:01 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm “Pulmonary embolism causes pulmonary vascular obstruction and damages circulation, leading to death in serious cases. Various cases of thrombosis have been reported as adverse reactions after vaccination with COVID-19 vaccines, and reliable studies on thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) have been confirmed, especially for viral vector vaccines. However, the association with mRNA vaccines has not been proven“

Now? They were looking into it all along and mRNA research and trials have been going on for decades. They are now testing and applying it for other diseases.

Oh really? Then why haven't they busted out the studies showing mRNA does not cause vascular issues if they've got so much data?

Because it's the hurdle they have not been able to pass since the mRNA dream came out years before you even know.

If you'd care to provide any of the "research and trials" data you profess to be out there, please, post it
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:42 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:01 am

Oh really? Then why haven't they busted out the studies showing mRNA does not cause vascular issues if they've got so much data?

Because it's the hurdle they have not been able to pass since the mRNA dream came out years before you even know.

If you'd care to provide any of the "research and trials" data you profess to be out there, please, post it
They haven’t? Seems like there’s available information out there regarding myocarditis.

Of course you’re also still waiting on similar conclusions regarding covid and long covid’s effect on vascular damage. Right?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:09 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:42 pm

They haven’t? Seems like there’s available information out there regarding myocarditis.

Of course you’re also still waiting on similar conclusions regarding covid and long covid’s effect on vascular damage. Right?
No. I'm waiting for you to produce 20+ years of research on the mRNA vaccine disproving it's problematic.

Also. Stop pushing long COVID. Right now, it's not a thing and if you bothered to actually read the science, you'd understand what is happening. It's called sequelae.

Stop spreading misinformation. Holy fucking shit.

https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/1037611
Long COVID appears to manifest as a post-viral syndrome indistinguishable from seasonal influenza and other respiratory illnesses, with no evidence of increased moderate-to-severe functional limitations a year after infection, according to new research being presented at this year’s European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID 2024) in Barcelona, Spain (27-30 April).
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Long COVID. Lol

It’s just an excuse
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:12 am Long COVID. Lol

It’s just an excuse
After effects from viral illness are real, but they are simply trying to repackage sequelae as something more than it is.

My favorite study was the one in which those that were COVID negative, were "suffering" at higher percentages of "long COVID" versus those that were COVID positive. This means the other respiratory illnesses the COVID negative group caught, was worse for lingering symptoms.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamane ... le/2799116
In this cohort study of 1000 US adults with symptomatic illness, poor well-being scores at follow-up were common in both those who tested positive and negative for SARS-CoV-2 infection. Despite some improvements over time, 39.6% of COVID-19–positive and 53.5% of COVID-19–negative patients reported residual symptoms.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:21 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:12 am Long COVID. Lol

It’s just an excuse
After effects from viral illness are real, but they are simply trying to repackage sequelae as something more than it is.

My favorite study was the one in which those that were COVID negative, were "suffering" at higher percentages of "long COVID" versus those that were COVID positive. This means the other respiratory illnesses the COVID negative group caught, was worse for lingering symptoms.
Yes on the after affects, but how long is the long in long COVID ?

Months? Years?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:47 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:21 am

Months? Years?
From the article above, it seems around 3% have some sort of lingering effect for at least one year. But notice how the COVID negative group has a higher percentage. You don't hear anyone claiming they have Long Flu or Long RSV.

It's readily apparent someone was trying to cash in on COVID, by creating a new scary name for something that is common, but has a lesser rate than flu or rsv sequelae.

I'd be more worried about frame shifting causing the mRNA to "make" proteins it wasn't supposed to make.

After controlling for influential factors including age, sex, and First Nation status, the analysis found no evidence that COVID-19 positive adults were more likely to have moderate-to-severe functional limitations a year after their diagnosis than symptomatic adults who were negative for COVID-19 (3.0% vs 4.1%).

Moreover, results were similar when compared with the 995 symptomatic adults who had influenza (3.0% vs 3.4%).
In health systems with highly vaccinated populations, long COVID may have appeared to be a distinct and severe illness because of high volumes of COVID-19 cases during the pandemic. However, we found that the rates of ongoing symptoms and functional impairment are indistinguishable from other post-viral illnesses”, says Dr John Gerrard, Queensland’s Chief Health Officer. “These findings underscore the importance of comparing post-COVID-19 outcomes with those following other respiratory infections, and of further research into post-viral syndromes.”

He adds, “Furthermore, we believe it is time to stop using terms like ‘long COVID’. They wrongly imply there is something unique and exceptional about longer term symptoms associated with this virus. This terminology can cause unnecessary fear, and in some cases, hypervigilance to longer symptoms that can impede recovery.”
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:35 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:47 am

Months? Years?
From the article above, it seems around 3% have some sort of lingering effect for at least one year. But notice how the COVID negative group has a higher percentage. You don't hear anyone claiming they have Long Flu or Long RSV.

It's readily apparent someone was trying to cash in on COVID, by creating a new scary name for something that is common, but has a lesser rate than flu or rsv sequelae.

I'd be more worried about frame shifting causing the mRNA to "make" proteins it wasn't supposed to make.

After controlling for influential factors including age, sex, and First Nation status, the analysis found no evidence that COVID-19 positive adults were more likely to have moderate-to-severe functional limitations a year after their diagnosis than symptomatic adults who were negative for COVID-19 (3.0% vs 4.1%).

Moreover, results were similar when compared with the 995 symptomatic adults who had influenza (3.0% vs 3.4%).
In health systems with highly vaccinated populations, long COVID may have appeared to be a distinct and severe illness because of high volumes of COVID-19 cases during the pandemic. However, we found that the rates of ongoing symptoms and functional impairment are indistinguishable from other post-viral illnesses”, says Dr John Gerrard, Queensland’s Chief Health Officer. “These findings underscore the importance of comparing post-COVID-19 outcomes with those following other respiratory infections, and of further research into post-viral syndromes.”

He adds, “Furthermore, we believe it is time to stop using terms like ‘long COVID’. They wrongly imply there is something unique and exceptional about longer term symptoms associated with this virus. This terminology can cause unnecessary fear, and in some cases, hypervigilance to longer symptoms that can impede recovery.”
Exactly and what’s scary is Joey wokey was dumb enough to fall for it

Best way to cure it is tell them no more freebies
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Well, well. Wonder who brought up immune imprinting back when the first vaccines came out. Oh, that was me.

Another "conspiracy" that came true. Although if one bothered to actually dig a little, it was obvious what was happening. Data doesn't lie.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/va ... rc_cmp=CFP

People who have taken at least three doses of the original version of the COVID-19 mRNA vaccine have been strongly immune imprinted, a study by the University of Washington (UW) found.

Consequently, when vaccinated with the most recent COVID-19 XBB.1.5 mRNA boosters, recipients produced few to no antibodies specific to the XBB.1.5 variant.

Immune imprinting occurs when previous infections or vaccinations leave such a strong immune memory that the body continues to produce immune cells and antibodies targeting the previous immune experience—even when exposed to a new variant or vaccine.
Seems if you got too many of the original vaccines, your immune system now prefers to make those. That'll come in handy if the virus seriously mutates and one can only make wild type antibodies.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:02 pm Well, well. Wonder who brought up immune imprinting back when the first vaccines came out. Oh, that was me.

Another "conspiracy" that came true. Although if one bothered to actually dig a little, it was obvious what was happening. Data doesn't lie.

People who have taken at least three doses of the original version of the COVID-19 mRNA vaccine have been strongly immune imprinted, a study by the University of Washington (UW) found.

Consequently, when vaccinated with the most recent COVID-19 XBB.1.5 mRNA boosters, recipients produced few to no antibodies specific to the XBB.1.5 variant.

Immune imprinting occurs when previous infections or vaccinations leave such a strong immune memory that the body continues to produce immune cells and antibodies targeting the previous immune experience—even when exposed to a new variant or vaccine.
Seems if you got too many of the original vaccines, your immune system now prefers to make those. That'll come in handy if the virus seriously mutates and one can only make wild type antibodies.
You clearly deserve a Nobel prize. :lol:

Here’s a link to the UW’s actual press release. Hope they clear the shelves of this vaccine in time!
Immune imprinting, a process in which the body creates antibodies and memory cells encoded with information about vaccines or viruses to which it has previously been exposed, is a recognized phenomenon. But researchers in the University of Washington School of Medicine lab of biochemist David Veesler have found an extraordinary occurrence of it in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
Essentially, the imprinting gives the body’s immune response a head start at the beginning of subsequent infections.
“It is surprising because it is completely different from what we know from the influenza virus, where imprinting is overcome after exposures to antigenically distinct flu viruses,” said Veesler, a professor and chair in the Department of Biochemistry and investigator with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
The findings were published March 14 in Immunity. M. Alejandra Tortorici, a biochemist in Veesler’s lab, is lead author. Contributors from the Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, including Dr. Helen Chu, also participated in the research.
Veesler’s lab analyzed plasma samples obtained from humans who had been recently vaccinated with the XBB.1.5 mRNA booster, which was updated in September 2023.
“There are two leading hypotheses about what we are seeing,” Veesler said, “and I don’t know which of the two options explains it yet.”
One hypothesis for this is residents of Seattle, where most of the samples came from, were exposed to the virus so many times — mostly through vaccination, but also infection — that they began developing antibodies and memory cells created for the original virus. The first U.S. death of the COVID-19 pandemic happened in Seattle, where symptoms of the virus emerged in early 2020.
“People in Seattle, including myself, have been so compliant,” Veesler said. “We have been exposed many, many times over the past four years through vaccination and usually at least one infection. And that's very unusual to have so many exposures in such a short amount of time — up to seven vaccine doses in the cohort we analyzed.”
A second possibility, which Veesler called a working hypothesis, is that the strong imprinting induced by mRNA vaccines and delay in updating the composition of vaccine boosters throughout the pandemic influenced the imprinting.
“MRNA vaccines may have been so good and elicited such strong immune responses that the imprinting may be stronger than what we have been used to seeing with vaccines for other viruses such as for influenza virus,” Veesler said. “Imprinting is not a new concept, but the situation we are looking at seems to be quite unique.
“Most of the antibodies recalled by the updated vaccine boosters are cross-reactive and help block new variants, which is a good thing. However, could we do an even better job? The answer is most likely yes.”
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:48 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:02 pm Well, well. Wonder who brought up immune imprinting back when the first vaccines came out. Oh, that was me.

Here’s a link to the UW’s actual press release. Hope they clear the shelves of this vaccine in time!
Immune imprinting, a process in which the body creates antibodies and memory cells encoded with information about vaccines or viruses to which it has previously been exposed, is a recognized phenomenon. But researchers in the University of Washington School of Medicine lab of biochemist David Veesler have found an extraordinary occurrence of it in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
Essentially, the imprinting gives the body’s immune response a head start at the beginning of subsequent infections.
“It is surprising because it is completely different from what we know from the influenza virus, where imprinting is overcome after exposures to antigenically distinct flu viruses,” said Veesler, a professor and chair in the Department of Biochemistry and investigator with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
The findings were published March 14 in Immunity. M. Alejandra Tortorici, a biochemist in Veesler’s lab, is lead author. Contributors from the Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, including Dr. Helen Chu, also participated in the research.
Veesler’s lab analyzed plasma samples obtained from humans who had been recently vaccinated with the XBB.1.5 mRNA booster, which was updated in September 2023.
“There are two leading hypotheses about what we are seeing,” Veesler said, “and I don’t know which of the two options explains it yet.”
One hypothesis for this is residents of Seattle, where most of the samples came from, were exposed to the virus so many times — mostly through vaccination, but also infection — that they began developing antibodies and memory cells created for the original virus. The first U.S. death of the COVID-19 pandemic happened in Seattle, where symptoms of the virus emerged in early 2020.
“People in Seattle, including myself, have been so compliant,” Veesler said. “We have been exposed many, many times over the past four years through vaccination and usually at least one infection. And that's very unusual to have so many exposures in such a short amount of time — up to seven vaccine doses in the cohort we analyzed.”
A second possibility, which Veesler called a working hypothesis, is that the strong imprinting induced by mRNA vaccines and delay in updating the composition of vaccine boosters throughout the pandemic influenced the imprinting.
“MRNA vaccines may have been so good and elicited such strong immune responses that the imprinting may be stronger than what we have been used to seeing with vaccines for other viruses such as for influenza virus,” Veesler said. “Imprinting is not a new concept, but the situation we are looking at seems to be quite unique.
“Most of the antibodies recalled by the updated vaccine boosters are cross-reactive and help block new variants, which is a good thing. However, could we do an even better job? The answer is most likely yes.”
Well, when you see imprinting as far back as 6 months into the vaccine campaign, it speaks volumes. Especially when they were trying to label it as misinformation, even though the data was presenting itself in publicly available datasets.

You keep getting as many vaccines as you like bro. That's up to you.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:17 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:48 pm

Well, when you see imprinting as far back as 6 months into the vaccine campaign, it speaks volumes. Especially when they were trying to label it as misinformation, even though the data was presenting itself in publicly available datasets.

Thanks! I will as long my medical team and science think I need it. Same with the flu, shingles, tetanus, etc. :thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:52 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:17 pm

Thanks! I will as long my medical team and science think I need it. Same with the flu, shingles, tetanus, etc. :thumb:
One thing to note in the study were the two hypothesis that were proposed. Multiple vaccines or that the vaccines were powerful.

Don't you think that undercuts the argument of it being COVID and not the vaccine with all the side effects? COVID not strong enough to cause anywhere near the imprinting that vaccination causes, but the vaccines are problem free?

Hmm. This smells like a limited hangout.

How many make up your medical team?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Wow I’ve never heard anyone use the term “my medical team”
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:58 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:52 pm

One thing to note in the study were the two hypothesis that were proposed. Multiple vaccines or that the vaccines were powerful.

Don't you think that undercuts the argument of it being COVID and not the vaccine with all the side effects? COVID not strong enough to cause anywhere near the imprinting that vaccination causes, but the vaccines are problem free?

It’s a cast of 10’s of 1000’s when it comes to the science.

Specifically me? Currently working with 5.

PCP
Gastroenterologist/surgeon
Orthopedic surgeon
LMP
Nutritionist

Wife works with

PCP
Orthopedic
Physiatrist
Nutritionist
Psychiatrist
LMP
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:14 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:58 pm

PCP
Orthopedic surgeon
LMP
Nutritionist

Wife works with

PCP
Orthopedic
Physiatrist
Nutritionist
Psychiatrist
LMP
Not trying to pry, but were you two in a car accident or other injury event?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:02 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:14 pm

PCP
Orthopedic surgeon
LMP
Nutritionist

Wife works with

PCP
Orthopedic
Physiatrist
Nutritionist
Psychiatrist
LMP
Wife was. She also shattered her tib fib in a fall. We’ve both had cancer. I have stage 4 liver disease, but stable, 3 herniated discs c4,5, and 6, and a bulging disc and arthritis in my lower back.

We’re a MASH unit but scrappy and fighting.

:mrgreen:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:13 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:02 pm

Wife was. She also shattered her tib fib in a fall. We’ve both had cancer. I have stage 4 liver disease, but stable, 3 herniated discs c4,5, and 6, and a bulging disc and arthritis in my lower back.

We’re a MASH unit but scrappy and fighting.

:mrgreen:
No wonder your so grumpy

Be well Kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

“Moderna on Thursday said it has paused plans to build a vaccine-manufacturing site in Kenya after a steep drop in demand for its Covid vaccines.

The biotech company said it has not received any vaccine orders for Africa since 2022 and has taken more than $1 billion in losses and write-downs related to the cancellation of previous orders from the continent.”

This can only be one thing
the swamp is busy generating the new and improved virus