Political discussions
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:43 am 95% was the best case scenario...
Best case??? STOP LYING GIL

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:52 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:43 am 95% was the best case scenario...
From clinic studies. You've already lost the discussion when you post anything about Fauci.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
The FDA has approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, now called Comirnaty, to prevent COVID-19 in people age 16 and older. The FDA approved Comirnaty after data found the vaccine is safe and effective. The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is 91% effective in preventing the COVID-19 virus with symptoms in people age 16 and older. The vaccine is still under an emergency use authorization for children ages 12 through 15. The vaccine is 100% effective in preventing COVID-19 in children ages 12 through 15. It requires two injections given 21 days apart. The second dose can be given up to six weeks after the first dose, if needed. Under an emergency use authorization, for patients with moderate to severe immunosuppression, a third dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination is recommended 28 days following the second dose as immunocompromised patients may not generate an adequate immune response to a two dose vaccination series.
Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is 94% effective in preventing the COVID-19 virus with symptoms. This vaccine is authorized for people age 18 and older. It requires two injections given 28 days apart. The second dose can be given up to six weeks after the first dose, if needed. Under an emergency use authorization, for patients with moderate to severe immunosuppression, a third dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccination is recommended 28 days following the second dose as immunocompromised patients may not generate an adequate immune response to a two dose vaccination series.
Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine
In clinical trials, this vaccine was 66% effective in preventing the COVID-19 virus with symptoms — as of 14 days after vaccination. The vaccine also was 85% effective at preventing severe disease with the COVID-19 virus — at least 28 days after vaccination. This vaccine is authorized for people age 18 and older. It requires one injection. The FDA and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have recommended that use of this vaccine continue in the U.S. because the benefits outweigh the risks. If you are given this vaccine, you should be educated about the possible risks and symptoms of a blood clotting problem.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:54 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:52 am
From clinic studies. You've already lost the discussion when you post anything about Fauci.
:lol: :nod:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:54 am From clinic studies. You've already lost the discussion when you post anything about Fauci.
You guys are hopeless. That's what this entire chain is about. :wall:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:53 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:30 am
He’s flip flopped, moved the goal posts, been wrong, and flat out lied countless times. A 50 yr DC burecrat who’s an ARROGANT, media attention seeking whore. Trump screwed up by not firing the guy early on..
Change "50 yr DC burecrat" to "75 y/o corrupt NYC property developer" and you're talking about Trump. They could be twins. Why do you support one and hate the other?
There you go again with your tiresome TDS ‘but Trump’. You can’t help yourself :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:06 am
Change "50 yr DC burecrat" to "75 y/o corrupt NYC property developer" and you're talking about Trump. They could be twins. Why do you support one and hate the other?
There you go again with your tiresome TDS ‘but Trump’. You can’t help yourself :lol:
And you can't defend him so you have to deflect.

Fauxi and Trump are both arrogant and full of sh!t. Can you type that and mean it?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Former Washington State football coach Nick Rolovich's attorney plans to take legal action against school
Rolovich had three years and approximately $9 million remaining on his contract when Washington State terminated him. He was fired for cause, along with four on-field assistant coaches, which means that the university does not plan to pay Rolovich any of the money remaining on his contract. (He’d have been owed $3.6 million if fired without cause.)

The statement mentions Rolovich’s “sincerely held religious beliefs” and claims Washington State, without offering specifics, “indicated” that if Rolovich had been granted a religious exemption that “no accommodation would have been made.”
My understanding is that Rolovich is catholic. I wasn't aware that the catholic church was against vaccines.

Sounds like he's trying to hide behind religion for a personal choice that he doesn't want to face the consequences.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

To be fair, your anti-Biden posts are equally tiresome.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:48 am Former Washington State football coach Nick Rolovich's attorney plans to take legal action against school
Rolovich had three years and approximately $9 million remaining on his contract when Washington State terminated him. He was fired for cause, along with four on-field assistant coaches, which means that the university does not plan to pay Rolovich any of the money remaining on his contract. (He’d have been owed $3.6 million if fired without cause.)

The statement mentions Rolovich’s “sincerely held religious beliefs” and claims Washington State, without offering specifics, “indicated” that if Rolovich had been granted a religious exemption that “no accommodation would have been made.”
My understanding is that Rolovich is catholic. I wasn't aware that the catholic church was against vaccines.

Sounds like he's trying to hide behind religion for a personal choice that he doesn't want to face the consequences.
The Vatican’s doctrinal office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF), has determined that it is “morally acceptable” for Catholics to take these vaccines against the COVID-19 Virus. Their determination is deeply rooted in the Catholic moral tradition.

Thus, the California Catholic Conference strongly encourages Catholics to receive a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine for the sake of oneself, our loved ones, and the common good.

If some of the faithful choose not to take the vaccine for reasons of conscience, the Vatican says those persons "must do their utmost to avoid … becoming vehicles for the transmission of the infectious agent.
https://www.cacatholic.org/CCC-vaccine- ... eptability
“It is morally acceptable to receive Covid-19 vaccines that have used cell lines from aborted fetuses in their research and production process.”

Due to the situation of the ongoing pandemic, “all vaccinations recognized as clinically safe and effective can be used in good conscience with the certain knowledge that the use of such vaccines does not constitute formal cooperation with the abortion from which the cells used in production of the vaccines derive.”
https://www.vaticannews.va/en/vatican-c ... rtion.html

He's using his religion as a cover - coward.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:40 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:48 am Former Washington State football coach Nick Rolovich's attorney plans to take legal action against school

The Vatican’s doctrinal office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF), has determined that it is “morally acceptable” for Catholics to take these vaccines against the COVID-19 Virus. Their determination is deeply rooted in the Catholic moral tradition.

Thus, the California Catholic Conference strongly encourages Catholics to receive a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine for the sake of oneself, our loved ones, and the common good.

If some of the faithful choose not to take the vaccine for reasons of conscience, the Vatican says those persons "must do their utmost to avoid … becoming vehicles for the transmission of the infectious agent.
“It is morally acceptable to receive Covid-19 vaccines that have used cell lines from aborted fetuses in their research and production process.”

Due to the situation of the ongoing pandemic, “all vaccinations recognized as clinically safe and effective can be used in good conscience with the certain knowledge that the use of such vaccines does not constitute formal cooperation with the abortion from which the cells used in production of the vaccines derive.”

Is he though? I don't know the guy, nor have I heard him speak on this. I assume that there are many people who genuinely believe, for reasons of conscience, that they don't want to have a vaccine that has been developed using stem cell lines that were provided via abortions. The Catholic Church has their own position, but not every Catholic is fully behind every single position the Church takes. He might be a coward, but he could still just be a person of a very deep religious conviction.

With that said, wouldn't the issue with the vaccine and aborted stem lines only pertain to the mRNA vaccines? I don't think the J&J vaccine came via that route.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:55 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:40 am

Is he though? I don't know the guy, nor have I heard him speak on this. I assume that there are many people who genuinely believe, for reasons of conscience, that they don't want to have a vaccine that has been developed using stem cell lines that were provided via abortions. The Catholic Church has their own position, but not every Catholic is fully behind every single position the Church takes. He might be a coward, but he could still just be a person of a very deep religious conviction.

With that said, wouldn't the issue with the vaccine and aborted stem lines only pertain to the mRNA vaccines? I don't think the J&J vaccine came via that route.
Yup. His religion says it's his obligation. I'm not sure how you can say something is a deeply held religious belief if it goes against what your religion says.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:11 pm

Yup. His religion says it's his obligation. I'm not sure how you can say something is a deeply held religious belief if it goes against what your religion says.
Sure you can. The Catholic Church is still just an organization run by people. There isn't lockstep uniformity, though, among the Catholic faithful on everything the Catholic Church takes a position on. Heck, Joe Biden is pro-choice (pro-abortion) when the Catholic Church is clearly advocating the opposite. There are 1.3B Catholics in the world, I'm sure there are some dissenting views out there.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:26 pm

Sure you can. The Catholic Church is still just an organization run by people. There isn't lockstep uniformity, though, among the Catholic faithful on everything the Catholic Church takes a position on. Heck, Joe Biden is pro-choice (pro-abortion) when the Catholic Church is clearly advocating the opposite. There are 1.3B Catholics in the world, I'm sure there are some dissenting views out there.
You will not find another group of folks more evenly split politically than Catholics. Pretty much 50/50 conservative and liberal. There are some pro-life, liberal Catholics, but they are rare. Not really any pro-choice, conservative ones.

I'm 100% in favor of birth control and I go to mass every week.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Was it written into his contract that he had to take any vaccines?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:32 am
Biden is the current POTUS. Biden is currently taking actions that greatly negatively effect the country. Trump is just an ex POTUS.

Edit: Demented Joe isn’t doing anything other than being told what to say and do. Whoever is pulling Biden’s strings are currently taking actions that greatly negatively effect the country. Don’t really know who those people are, but when I refer to Biden I am referring to whoever is/are behind the curtain..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

If your view is different than what your church is teaching, directive, papal bull, commandment, etc...then it's a personal view. It's not based on your religion.

I can't say I have a deeply held religious belief that dogs go to heaven if my religion doesn't have that belief.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:48 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:32 am

Biden is the current POTUS. Biden is currently taking actions that greatly negatively effect the country. Trump is just an ex POTUS.

Edit: Demented Joe isn’t doing anything other than being told what to say and do. Whoever is pulling Biden’s strings are currently taking actions that greatly negatively effect the country. Don’t really know who those people are, but when I refer to Biden I am referring to whoever is/are behind the curtain..
But you bitched and moaned about TDS and all that nonsense for people doing exactly what you're doing today. The only difference was you supported the previous administration. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:53 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:48 pm

But you bitched and moaned about TDS and all that nonsense for people doing exactly what you're doing today. The only difference was you supported the previous administration. :lol:
Maybe BDK = Biden Derangement Kondition ...

or Biden Derangement Karen
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:40 am He's using his religion as a cover - coward.

A catholic refusing a vaccine based stem cell use in the development makes sense but if the J&J vaccine didn't use stem cells then he has an alternative.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:02 pm

A catholic refusing a vaccine based stem cell use in the development makes sense but if the J&J vaccine didn't use stem cells then he has an alternative.
A Catholic refusing a vaccine based on stem cell use would be in alignment with Church beliefs. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines weren't developed with stem cells from fetuses or a cell line from fetuses.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Welp, my company just sent the mandate email out today.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:32 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:55 pm

Defending Houndie now? :lol: :ohno:

He's wrong. There was a legit "can't get back to normal until there is a vax" narrative that was going on. As with every other China Virus policy, the goalposts moved to "hey it reduces symptoms an severity" because the jab doesn't stop the China Virus.
Houndy is like an patient drooling in his pudding cup. He needs all the help he can get.

Yes there was and that was short-sighted and foolish. Adjusting as we go is smart. Being arrogant and just telling people they should do what you say without question or a real explanation is arrogant. Fauxi is obviously arrogant.

The vaccines were supposed to: 1) protect the vaccinated and 2) stop the spread. It's pretty obvious that they aren't working as well as people thought at stopping the spread but they have done a good job at protecting the vaccinated. Focusing almost exclusively on the failure at #2 to question of the efficacy of the vaccines is being intentionally misleading.
Agreed, however now they are mandating a vax that requires a regular booster, and now we have more info on natural immunity that has conveniently fallen off the radar for discussions on who needs/should get the vax. More goalpost moving.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:46 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:51 pm

Because the policies implemented due to the wrong approach and false narratives literally cost lives and livelihoods.
No shit? Aren't you going to tell us where the medical establishment went wrong and what they should have done? This is the internet after all
Probably about 200 pages ago. Go find it doggie. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:52 pm

If your view is different than what your church is teaching, directive, papal bull, commandment, etc...then it's a personal view. It's not based on your religion.

I can't say I have a deeply held religious belief that dogs go to heaven if my religion doesn't have that belief.
Well, the Catholic catechism is like 1000 pages long, and like 89 said, you'll get a 50/50 view from most American Catholics on any of the litany of beliefs in there. I can certainly be Catholic, have a deeply held religious view, and have it be in conflict with Catholic teaching. Catholicism isn't the same thing to every Catholic in every single particular instance.