Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote:Image
:lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote:So they named their umbrella corp to be, literally, "Umbrella Corp." Brilliant. :lol:
Umbrella Corp is from Resident Evil, and it's a bio research company which introduces a virus that turns people into zombies. The logo (in red above) has been around since the series started in '96.

RLSW is a real bio research company, with the same logo (except blue) as the fictional Umbrella Corp.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

∞∞∞ wrote:
SDHornet wrote:So they named their umbrella corp to be, literally, "Umbrella Corp." Brilliant. :lol:
Umbrella Corp is from Resident Evil, and it's a bio research company which introduces a virus that turns people into zombies. The logo (in red above) has been around since the series started in '96.

RLSW is a real bio research company, with the same logo (except blue) as the fictional Umbrella Corp.
Beat me to it. :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote:

Oh, thanks. That is funny...and scary at the same time.

I never played the RE series, but saw the first movie years ago. I don't recall the Umbrella Corp reference. I watched Contagion last night. Eerily similar to a certain extent. I give the movie a 3/5.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote:I never played the RE series, but saw the first movie years ago. I don't recall the Umbrella Corp reference. I watched Contagion last night. Eerily similar to a certain extent. I give the movie a 3/5.
It's a sh*tty film so I can't blame anyone finding nothing memorable about it, but the lab where the majority of the plot takes place is owned by the Umbrella Corp, all the soldiers and bad scientists are from Umbrella Corp, and the major characters of the film (including Alice) worked for Umbrella Corp.

The main antagonist of every RE film is the Umbrella Corp. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

For anyone thinking the Red Chinese gubmint responded swifty (looking at you JSO):
phpBB [video]

Note this youtuber is an American that has been living and working abroad in China. I think he has a Chinese wife. He and an Aussie (also working in China) have a youtube channel where they drive around China and SE Asia on motorcycles and visit different places.
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

(didn't see this on the poli board before I posted)
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Western airlines either cutting flights to China, or suspending them all together.
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Business/wir ... s-68605754
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:Western airlines either cutting flights to China, or suspending them all together.
Good. Build a big beautiful wall.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Western airlines either cutting flights to China, or suspending them all together.
Good. Build a big beautiful wall.
They already built one.Just may have to extend it a bit. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote:For anyone thinking the Red Chinese gubmint responded swifty (looking at you JSO):
phpBB [video]

Note this youtuber is an American that has been living and working abroad in China. I think he has a Chinese wife. He and an Aussie (also working in China) have a youtube channel where they drive around China and SE Asia on motorcycles and visit different places.
I consider this to be a better assessment of the situation:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0771-1

Media bias fact check assessment of nature.com:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/nature/

Forgive me, but I would not look at a "youtuber" who is "an American that has been living and working abroad in China" as a good source from which to get a comprehensive assessment of the situation.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote:For anyone thinking the Red Chinese gubmint responded swifty (looking at you JSO):
phpBB [video]

I just looked at that. See, this is the problem we have nowadays. You have all this crap out there from people like a "youtuber." And people are believing that crap at the same time as they are saying that mainstream media organizations that have real quality control efforts on what they do are "fake news." It's a really sad situation.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Yeah I'll take the word over someone who has been living in China for the last 10+ years over some dude spouting stats from the Chinese government. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
phpBB [video]

I consider this to be a better assessment of the situation:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0771-1

Media bias fact check assessment of nature.com:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/nature/

Forgive me, but I would not look at a "youtuber" who is "an American that has been living and working abroad in China" as a good source from which to get a comprehensive assessment of the situation.
I already said everything that was in that article. Not sure why you guys are re-litigating this.

China is handling communication on this much better than they did with SARS. There are other areas where they are still deficient. They aren't hiding the virus the way they did with SARS but they are significantly padding their numbers.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
phpBB [video]

I just looked at that. See, this is the problem we have nowadays. You have all this crap out there from people like a "youtuber." And people are believing that crap at the same time as they are saying that mainstream media organizations that have real quality control efforts on what they do are "fake news." It's a really sad situation.
Pretty funny that you'd believe a communist government official over this guy. Communist governments literally INVENTED "fake news".
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Pretty funny that you'd believe a communist government official over this guy. Communist governments literally INVENTED "fake news".

ironic, considering the right-wing has basically become the new commies when it comes to fake news, government control, anti-free press, etc.

GOP has gone from better dead than red to Russia is my idol.
:thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

ironic, considering the right-wing has basically become the new commies when it comes to fake news, government control, anti-free press, etc.

:lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Eh, the conks have FOX and the donks have CNN. The only difference between those stations are which side they are rooting for.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Eh, the conks have FOX and the donks have CNN. The only difference between those stations are which side they are rooting for.

False equivalcy. CNN is left-leaning, but nowhere near the State Media that FoxNews has become. Attitudes like that is how Trump is able to exploit and destroy this country.
:thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

dbackjon wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

False equivalcy. CNN is left-leaning, but nowhere near the State Media that FoxNews has become. Attitudes like that is how Trump is able to exploit and destroy this country.
:rofl:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Then you aren't watching or reading or rather, you might need to take that course those kids are taking on detecting bias in their media sources. Not odd, though, as people with certain biases are most likely unable to spot biases that agree with their own bias. Your defense of CNN reveals that, as does your jump to hyperbole to smear the other side. I think both FOX and CNN cater to the whackos out there, and yet I also don't think our country is teetering on the verge of collapse. But then again I can see those biases. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:Then you aren't watching or reading or rather, you might need to take that course those kids are taking on detecting bias in their media sources. Not odd, though, as people with certain biases are most likely unable to spot biases that agree with their own bias. Your defense of CNN reveals that, as does your jump to hyperbole to smear the other side. I think both FOX and CNN cater to the whackos out there, and yet I also don't think our country is teetering on the verge of collapse. But then again I can see those biases. :coffee:
+ 1M
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Then you aren't watching or reading or rather, you might need to take that course those kids are taking on detecting bias in their media sources. Not odd, though, as people with certain biases are most likely unable to spot biases that agree with their own bias. Your defense of CNN reveals that, as does your jump to hyperbole to smear the other side. I think both FOX and CNN cater to the whackos out there, and yet I also don't think our country is teetering on the verge of collapse. But then again I can see those biases. :coffee:
This.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.

No...I just looked through every post. It IS, in fact, the dumbest thing ever on this board.

Congratulations. What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even CLOSE to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.

No...I just looked through every post. It IS, in fact, the dumbest thing ever on this board.

Congratulations. What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even CLOSE to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Ahhh...someone is STILL a closet Fox fan. :lol: