Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Bobcat wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:53 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:41 pm
No it isn’t.
I bought in the first time then realized how stupid I was half way through. It will not happen again. There is literally nothing that makes sense about this virus after the facts came out. The way the government granted immunity to big pharma immediately proves Biden sold everyone a fraud.
The government is the Virus …
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:50 am I don't think people should be making fun of other peoples medical choices.
You mean like how Joey Rotten told everyone that that COVID was the virus of the unvaccinated….
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:05 pm What mandate?

You can’t honestly blame Biden for trump’s actions so let’s correct Bobcat’s last sentence. It should state “the way the government granted immunity to big pharma immediately proves trump sold everyone a fraud.”
Really?
https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/bi ... ouncement/
And they pushed for states to mandate state employees, schoolkids, etc get the shot. They tried to mandate for most of the population to have a shot where people had no recourse to sue if they had adverse side effects.
It’s a 50/50 deal. trump is to blame for immunity while Biden is to blame for the mandate.

Only a complete and utter moron would vote for either of those wrinkled, old twats in 2024.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:38 am
BDKJMU wrote: Really?
And they pushed for states to mandate state employees, schoolkids, etc get the shot. They tried to mandate for most of the population to have a shot where people had no recourse to sue if they had adverse side effects.
It’s a 50/50 deal. trump is to blame for immunity while Biden is to blame for the mandate.

Only a complete and utter moron would vote for either of those wrinkled, old twats in 2024.

Why do you hate America…and Jesus?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:30 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:50 am I don't think people should be making fun of other peoples medical choices.
You mean like how Joey Rotten told everyone that that COVID was the virus of the unvaccinated….
:lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:58 am

Why do you hate America…and Jesus?

When did Jesus become an American ? Is he an illegal? That would be quite the conundrum for the MAGAt yahoos who identify as Christians. Did he cross through one of trump's unfinished walls or swim through the razor wire on the Rio Grande?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Asking those questions is anti-Mormon bigotry
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:14 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:44 am I'm seeing more mask again.
Cases are on the rise. Two school districts in Kentucky (IIRC) had to go remote.

Time for us to get boosters and extend social distance again.
Those who have schools go to remote ie no learning are morons..Covid is nothing more than the flu now..
Less than 2% of the deaths reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention last week were caused by the coronavirus, new data shows.

According to the CDC’s COVID-19 dashboard, just 324 deaths logged in the week ending Aug. 19 — 1.7% of all fatalities nationwide — were attributed to the virus...
https://nypost.com/2023/08/28/99-of-new ... virus-data
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:30 am
Yep, either way it sucks.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:23 am
kalm wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:14 am

Cases are on the rise. Two school districts in Kentucky (IIRC) had to go remote.

Time for us to get boosters and extend social distance again.
Those who have schools go to remote ie no learning are morons..Covid is nothing more than the flu now..
Less than 2% of the deaths reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention last week were caused by the coronavirus, new data shows.

According to the CDC’s COVID-19 dashboard, just 324 deaths logged in the week ending Aug. 19 — 1.7% of all fatalities nationwide — were attributed to the virus...
Thanks to modern medicine, vaccines…science! :clap:

Slow your role, Vizzini. The flu can be deadly and highly contagious too although I don’t remember it being as bad Covid. But if you read the article, they were running out of staff as well. Or do you think they should just bring the virus with them and work through it?

My youngest went from C’s and D’s to straight A’s once remote was employed last time. No one complains that you’ve been able to get an online college degree for years.

Ever heard of Socrates? Plato? Healthcare experts, teachers?

Morons! :lol:

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

“It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu... This is deadly stuff.” [Trump in a private interview with Bob Woodward from The Washington Post made public on Sept. 9, 2020]
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:06 am

Slow your role, Vizzini. The flu can be deadly and highly contagious too although I don’t remember it being as bad Covid. But if you read the article, they were running out of staff as well. Or do you think they should just bring the virus with them and work through it?

My youngest went from C’s and D’s to straight A’s once remote was employed last time. No one complains that you’ve been able to get an online college degree for years.

My grandson is remote home schooling because the school system doesn't offer a challenge to him. He reads at a 6th grade level, as a 3rd grader.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:17 am

My grandson is remote home schooling because the school system doesn't offer a challenge to him. He reads at a 6th grade level, as a 3rd grader.
It’s not for everyone. He sounds like an ADHD kid. They can thrive with alternate learning.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:26 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:17 am

It’s not for everyone. He sounds like an ADHD kid. They can thrive with alternate learning.
Most likely - I was in the same boat in the same grade. Teacher kept a Reader's Digest at her desk that I would read to her from.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:37 am
kalm wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:26 am

Most likely - I was in the same boat in the same grade. Teacher kept a Reader's Digest at her desk that I would read to her from.
Yep. You probably got a few “talks too much with classmates” comments on your report card.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:17 am My grandson is remote home schooling because the school system doesn't offer a challenge to him. He reads at a 6th grade level, as a 3rd grader.
Good thing you said “can thrive”. ADHD doesn’t effect all kids the same. Some can thrive with remote learning, some can struggle.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:54 am
kalm wrote:
Good thing you said “can thrive”. ADHD doesn’t effect all kids the same. Some can thrive with remote learning, some can struggle.

Absolutely. Like many conditions it’s been over-pathologized and become fad-ish. Same with treatment…some thrive on ADHD meds, some don’t.

But in general, there are certain, interventions, curriculums and models that foster education for those who have a high level. If I’m not mistaken, alternative school methods are more accommodating.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Please don’t tell me that you’re going to argue that online learning has been good for school children as a whole. Nationwide the results have been a disaster, esp for lower income and minority..The only ones who benefited as a whole from remote were the teacher’s unions and administrators..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:12 am

“It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu... This is deadly stuff.” [Trump in a private interview with Bob Woodward from The Washington Post made public on Sept. 9, 2020]
Sure, the early strain(s) of Covid. But we’re like 50 variants removed from that, with each one getting weaker.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:08 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:37 am

Yep. You probably got a few “talks too much with classmates” comments on your report card.
No notes, this is his first year at home since covid. Parents don't like the local schools past 2nd grade. They are not rated very high.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:59 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:12 am

Sure, the early strain(s) of Covid. But we’re like 50 variants removed from that, with each one getting weaker.
My wife has been sick for a month each time she had covid, a year apart. Most recent was St Patricks Day time-frame.
Bobcat
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:25 am
Bobcat wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:53 pm

I bought in the first time then realized how stupid I was half way through. It will not happen again. There is literally nothing that makes sense about this virus after the facts came out. The way the government granted immunity to big pharma immediately proves Biden sold everyone a fraud.
The government is the Virus …
Agreed, they are killing people
Bobcat
Level1
Level1

Post by Bobcat »

Wrong, Congress is to blame for both and Biden supports them. I was duped by corrupt Joe and voted for him last time but it won't happen again.
Bobcat
Level1
Level1

Post by Bobcat »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:56 am

Please don’t tell me that you’re going to argue that online learning has been good for school children as a whole. Nationwide the results have been a disaster, esp for lower income and minority..The only ones who benefited as a whole from remote were the teacher’s unions and administrators..
If online learning gets kids away from most teachers then it is probably a good thing they stay home. Public schools are cancer right now
Last edited by Bobcat on Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Bobcat wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:10 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:56 am
If online learning get kids away from most teachers then it is probably a good thing they stay home. Public school are cancer right now
True for those that have educated parents who take an active role. But whatever percentage that is, it isn’t high enough.