Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:54 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:20 pm

Now what really belongs in the unvaccinated crowd? A lot of deaths and hospitalizations were hidden in that category. The vaccine has been demonstrated to show it increases your chances of contracting Covid.

You drop out 60% of the deaths from the unvaxxed. That seems like something interesting.
The graph tells me that people don't listen to the recommendations, a go out and about before they are immune. But keep on spinning, you are on a roll.
:rofl: I'm spinning when I point out how many have died within the 14 day window, but you're serious when you infer lifestyle from a graph that provides none.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:28 am

The graph tells me that people don't listen to the recommendations, a go out and about before they are immune. But keep on spinning, you are on a roll.
:rofl: I'm spinning when I point out how many have died within the 14 day window, but you're serious when you infer lifestyle from a graph that provides none.
Yeah. That is pretty fucking comical. If it doesn’t scare someone looking at that graph and seeing the huge death spike right after the first shot, then there’s really no helping them.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:05 am

Yeah. That is pretty fucking comical. If it doesn’t scare someone looking at that graph and seeing the huge death spike right after the first shot, then there’s really no helping them.
Almost as ridiculous as getting covid from a vaccine that doesn't contain covid.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

You can't get covid unless you have been exposed to covid. Keep spinning though, it's entertaining.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:15 am

Almost as ridiculous as getting covid from a vaccine that doesn't contain covid.
Maybe it’s not covid that killed them? But a reaction to the vaccine?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Now I see your disconnect. Wasn't saying the vaccine gave them Covid, simply that the 14 day window is a data point that is being ignored. That's a lot of deaths and hospitalizations in that window and this is as granular as the data gets? That's pretty weak.

If you look at the data for vaccine effectiveness to Covid, you can see the data being pushed around due to this 14 day window. For example, as soon as the recommendation to get boosters for Omicron came out, we have seen the vaccine effectiveness of the 2 shot crowd severely drop. Why? Because the newly boosted are kept in the 2shot metric until after 14 days. If, as the data has shown, you contract Covid at a higher rate during the 14 days, you're now influencing (pushing down) the effectiveness of the vaccine in the 2 shot crowd.

What does that then do to the boosted crowd metrics if they don't have to put ANY of the 14 day death and hospitalizations in their? Inflates them.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:21 am

Now I see your disconnect. Wasn't saying the vaccine gave them Covid, simply that the 14 day window is a data point that is being ignored. That's a lot of deaths and hospitalizations in that window and this is as granular as the data gets? That's pretty weak.

If you look at the data for vaccine effectiveness to Covid, you can see the data being pushed around due to this 14 day window. For example, as soon as the recommendation to get boosters for Omicron came out, we have seen the vaccine effectiveness of the 2 shot crowd severely drop. Why? Because the newly boosted are kept in the 2shot metric until after 14 days. If, as the data has shown, you contract Covid at a higher rate during the 14 days, you're now influencing (pushing down) the effectiveness of the vaccine in the 2 shot crowd.

What does that then do to the boosted crowd metrics if they don't have to put ANY of the 14 day death and hospitalizations in their? Inflates them.
They still have to be some place where they are exposed to covid.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:05 am

Why would you care, it's just your over-weight multiple morbidity crowd that's going to die anyway. :kisswink:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:39 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:21 am

Then simply create them in line with everyone else.
Unvaxxed
1 shot under 14 days
1 shot over 14 days
2 shot under
2 shot over
Boosted under
Boosted over

This is simple stuff to do in the world of data, but we don't get to see that. Wonder why that is?

Did you notice in my original post how the Canadian government removed the charts after they were posted online? Like I said, that was the first time I've seen that data...now it's gone.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:56 am
Unvaxxed
1 shot under 14 days
1 shot over 14 days
2 shot under
2 shot over
Boosted under
Boosted over

This is simple stuff to do in the world of data, but we don't get to see that. Wonder why that is?

Did you notice in my original post how the Canadian government removed the charts after they were posted online? Like I said, that was the first time I've seen that data...now it's gone.
That makes sense to me.

People aren't vaccinated after receiving a shot, they're vaccinated after receiving a shot and the vaccine having enough time to take effect. People should not be counted as vaccinated soon after receiving a shot.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:56 am

Unvaxxed
1 shot under 14 days
1 shot over 14 days
2 shot under
2 shot over
Boosted under
Boosted over

Appointments are 15-20 minutes apart where I live. Distancing and masks are recommended, with sanitizer available. I saw maybe 5 people total when I got my vaxxes and booster. Common sense says its not a high probability place to get covid, versus a bar or busy department store.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:46 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:05 am

Why would you care, it's just your over-weight multiple morbidity crowd that's going to die anyway. :kisswink:
Well there’s no need to accelerate their demise with an ill-tested and ill-designed “vaccine”….
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:33 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:46 am

Well there’s no need to accelerate their demise with an ill-tested and ill-designed “vaccine”….
It's been tested and approved.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:16 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:33 am

Yeah. :coffee: :coffee:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:32 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:16 pm

Do you have a better source than the Mayo Clinic? I'll take their word over the right-wing and left-wing media and social media.

Myth: The COVID-19 vaccine is not safe because it was rapidly developed and tested.
Fact: Many pharmaceutical companies invested significant resources into quickly developing a vaccine for COVID-19 because of the world-wide impact of the pandemic. The emergency situation warranted an emergency response but that does not mean that companies bypassed safety protocols or didn't perform adequate testing.

Currently, several COVID-19 vaccines are in clinical trials. The FDA continues to review the results of these trials before approving or authorizing COVID-19 vaccines for use. But because there is an urgent need for COVID-19 vaccines and the FDA's vaccine approval process can take months to years, the FDA first gave emergency use authorization to COVID-19 vaccines based on less data than is normally required. The data must show that the vaccines are safe and effective before the FDA can give emergency use authorization or approval.

According to Gregory Poland, M.D., an infectious diseases expert and head of Mayo Clinic’s Vaccine Research Group., the vaccines are saving lives, preserving health and preventing more infections. "This is a spectacular human accomplishment. Think of this from 18 months ago or so when this was identified to having hundreds of millions, billions when you look worldwide that have received a vaccine and the speed at which the science has been able to move. Amazing."
- Mayo Clinic
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:18 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:32 pm

Do you have a better source than the Mayo Clinic? I'll take their word over the right-wing and left-wing media and social media.

Myth: The COVID-19 vaccine is not safe because it was rapidly developed and tested.
Fact: Many pharmaceutical companies invested significant resources into quickly developing a vaccine for COVID-19 because of the world-wide impact of the pandemic. The emergency situation warranted an emergency response but that does not mean that companies bypassed safety protocols or didn't perform adequate testing.

Currently, several COVID-19 vaccines are in clinical trials. The FDA continues to review the results of these trials before approving or authorizing COVID-19 vaccines for use. But because there is an urgent need for COVID-19 vaccines and the FDA's vaccine approval process can take months to years, the FDA first gave emergency use authorization to COVID-19 vaccines based on less data than is normally required. The data must show that the vaccines are safe and effective before the FDA can give emergency use authorization or approval.

According to Gregory Poland, M.D., an infectious diseases expert and head of Mayo Clinic’s Vaccine Research Group., the vaccines are saving lives, preserving health and preventing more infections. "This is a spectacular human accomplishment. Think of this from 18 months ago or so when this was identified to having hundreds of millions, billions when you look worldwide that have received a vaccine and the speed at which the science has been able to move. Amazing."
- Mayo Clinic
What’s also been proven, through the administration of several hundred million doses, is that is really doesn’t do much (unless you’re willing to get a booster shot every 3-4 months). And that’s without any understanding of the long term effects on the human body.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:04 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:18 pm

- Mayo Clinic
What’s also been proven, through the administration of several hundred million doses, is that is really doesn’t do much (unless you’re willing to get a booster shot every 3-4 months). And that’s without any understanding of the long term effects on the human body.
The chances are very low for long term effects, being the vaccine is gone from your system within days or weeks. I'm not saying people should be required to get the vaccine, I'm saying it's there if you want it, but don't push rumors, half-truths and false info, because someone that needs it, may believe the fake news, hesitate, and end up in the hospital on a vent, versus being sick with flu-like symptoms. If we don't fix this now, you all will be dealing with the same crap when you all are older. Speak to your Doc and make your decision.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Here’s a pretty good summary of “cloth mask efficacy” research from Cato. Pretty level-headed analysis.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... dQZ8Ee_-hM
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:24 am Here’s a pretty good summary of “cloth mask efficacy” research from Cato. Pretty level-headed analysis.

And most of those studies the intrepid researchers of CS.com have brought up before.

They do a good job summarizing the results.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:51 am
Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:24 am Here’s a pretty good summary of “cloth mask efficacy” research from Cato. Pretty level-headed analysis.

And most of those studies the intrepid researchers of CS.com have brought up before.

They do a good job summarizing the results.
True, ordinary cloth masks do little in reducing the spread of Covid. It's been known from the beginning that these are some of the least effective masks.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:21 am

The chances are very low for long term effects, being the vaccine is gone from your system within days or weeks. I'm not saying people should be required to get the vaccine, I'm saying it's there if you want it, but don't push rumors, half-truths and false info, because someone that needs it, may believe the fake news, hesitate, and end up in the hospital on a vent, versus being sick with flu-like symptoms. If we don't fix this now, you all will be dealing with the same crap when you all are older. Speak to your Doc and make your decision.
Can we see that study you are quoting to make that claim?

Because I'm old enough to remember that both Pfizer and Moderna destroyed their placebo arms of their long term trials at the two month mark.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

You know this for fact? would love to see the link to that.

Oh that's right: All the vaccine makers have locked their study results for 75 years. :tothehand: :tothehand:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:55 am

Oh that's right: All the vaccine makers have locked their study results for 75 years. :tothehand: :tothehand:
Example from Ohio St study.

mRNA vaccines had been studied for decades before COVID-19 emerged. The vaccine technology had been studied in vaccines against other viruses, such as influenza, rabies and Zika, as well as in treatments for cancer.

Because of this, we know well how mRNA functions in a vaccine.

mRNA vaccines work like an instruction manual. For COVID-19 vaccines, that handbook tells the cell how to create a piece of a “spike protein” that’s unique to SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19).

The vaccine can’t cause COVID-19 infection itself, because it doesn’t carry the actual, live virus — the mRNA encodes only for the spike protein found on the surface of the virus. The spike protein is harmless by itself.

Once the body creates that spike protein using the mRNA instructions, the body quickly breaks down those mRNA strands and they dissipate within a few hours or days after injection. The mRNA never enters the nucleus of any cell (where the DNA is located), it doesn’t affect any genetic material in the body, and the mRNA strands are removed from the body through everyday cellular processes.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

From a university of Missouri link

History tells us that severe side effects are extremely rare, and if they do occur, they usually happen within the first two months.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:28 pm

From a university of Missouri link

History tells us that severe side effects are extremely rare, and if they do occur, they usually happen within the first two months.
We have history with these vaccines?