Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:41 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:48 pm

That's not a meme, that's a tweet, boomer. :coffee:
Do the passports really have anything to do with covid numbers.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:48 pm

Same diff. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:23 am

They're supposed to. I thought the idea behind vaccination passports was to keep unvaccinated people out of certain venues, events, social gatherings, etc, where proximity to others over an extended period of time could lead to increased risk of not only just infection in general, but potentially worse outcomes as well.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:50 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:23 am

They're supposed to. I thought the idea behind vaccination passports was to keep unvaccinated people out of certain venues, events, social gatherings, etc, where proximity to others over an extended period of time could lead to increased risk of not only just infection in general, but potentially worse outcomes as well.
I think it has more to do with the number of active cases of covid and where the curve is on these active cases at each point in time. NY currently has over 400,000 active cases, Florida just over 100,000 active cases. I would expect the new daily average to be higher in NY than in Florida, passports or no passports.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Another Biden vaccine mandate slapdown by the fed courts.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/judge- ... 021-11-29/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:29 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:50 pm

I think it has more to do with the number of active cases of covid and where the curve is on these active cases at each point in time. NY currently has over 400,000 active cases, Florida just over 100,000 active cases. I would expect the new daily average to be higher in NY than in Florida, passports or no passports.
You're not making any sense. Those vaccine passports where in place before the active cases got as high as they are, so the same point (i.e. in spite of vaccine passports COVID transmission continues at the same pace as they would without the vaccine passport policy) is still valid. You can't just draw an arbitrary line at some point in time and just ignore what came before it.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:20 pm Another Biden vaccine mandate slapdown by the fed courts.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/judge- ... 021-11-29/
This one is now national where the one on Monday was just involving the states in that circuit court. The way the opinions read make it seem very unlikely Biden's current approach, on either medical staff or one workers in places with 100 or more all being required to be vaccinated, has any chance of being approved and implemented.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

It is interesting that the US, with more vaccinated people than other countries and lockdowns and mask mandates has more cases and deaths than other countries.

Also interesting is that it appears that over relatively like time periods there will be more Covid deaths under Biden than Trump, with more vaccinated people.

Robert F Kennedy Jr lays out an interesting argument in his book on Fauci (I haven’t finished it yet) on the effectiveness of HCL and or CL with zinc and arthirimicin in early stages treatment in other countries as being a difference maker and how Fauci submarined tests here by making them late stage trials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:40 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:29 pm

You're not making any sense. Those vaccine passports where in place before the active cases got as high as they are, so the same point (i.e. in spite of vaccine passports COVID transmission continues at the same pace as they would without the vaccine passport policy) is still valid. You can't just draw an arbitrary line at some point in time and just ignore what came before it.
I am saying the Covid cases are cyclical. And the passports have very little affect on the numbers.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

LeadBolt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:55 am It is interesting that the US, with more vaccinated people than other countries and lockdowns and mask mandates has more cases and deaths than other countries.

Also interesting is that it appears that over relatively like time periods there will be more Covid deaths under Biden than Trump, with more vaccinated people.

Robert F Kennedy Jr lays out an interesting argument in his book on Fauci (I haven’t finished it yet) on the effectiveness of HCL and or CL with zinc and arthirimicin in early stages treatment in other countries as being a difference maker and how Fauci submarined tests here by making them late stage trials.

I see two main factors contributing to our condition. The first is that we are a very sedentary and overweight population with multiple comorbidities. The second is our overall science illiteracy. While I understand not everyone cares for science, the lack of literacy has led many to rely completely on groups that make money for a living and don't really care about our well being. There is simply no ability for the majority of the people to evaluate statements commanding them to comply.

My father is a perfect example of my second factor. He thinks if he wears his mask, it will protect him from getting COVID. He is a total germaphobe, but has the poorest habits for someone so worried. Constantly touching his eyes, nose and mouth with filthy hands. He has no clue, but does EVERYTHING he has been scared into doing.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:47 am
LeadBolt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:55 am It is interesting that the US, with more vaccinated people than other countries and lockdowns and mask mandates has more cases and deaths than other countries.

I see two main factors contributing to our condition. The first is that we are a very sedentary and overweight population with multiple comorbidities. The second is our overall science illiteracy. While I understand not everyone cares for science, the lack of literacy has led many to rely completely on groups that make money for a living and don't really care about our well being. There is simply no ability for the majority of the people to evaluate statements commanding them to comply.

My father is a perfect example of my second factor. He thinks if he wears his mask, it will protect him from getting COVID. He is a total germaphobe, but has the poorest habits for someone so worried. Constantly touching his eyes, nose and mouth with filthy hands. He has no clue, but does EVERYTHING he has been scared into doing.
I think we may have also had a comparably old population too - that, more than anything else, has been an indicator of COVID mortalities. Even if you discount for the ones Cuomo sacrificed in NY.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I'm over COVID and masks mandates. At this point, you're either vaccinated or you aren't. You either don't understand or don't care enough about public health to take it seriously and/or you're listening to snake oil salesmen tell you can pray it away (and then look the other way when they die of COVID.) Let's get on with our lives and get back to normal.

If the government is going to mandate the vaccine then make it official like all the other government mandated vaccines we have had to deal with since the moment we were all born. It's time to fish or cut bait.

Either way - let's move on to more important things like the Supply Chain and Lindsey Lohan's upcoming nuptials.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:05 pm I'm over COVID and masks mandates. At this point, you're either vaccinated or you aren't. You either don't understand or don't care enough about public health to take it seriously and/or you're listening to snake oil salesmen tell you can pray it away (and then look the other way when they die of COVID.) Let's get on with our lives and get back to normal.

If the government is going to mandate the vaccine then make it official like all the other government mandated vaccines we have had to deal with since the moment we were all born. It's time to fish or cut bait.

Either way - let's move on to more important things like the Supply Chain and Lindsey Lohan's upcoming nuptials.
I kinda feel this way too. Everyone's been given the choice if they wanted to vaccinate or not, so at this point, let's move on. As an aside, what government mandated vaccines are there, other than the ones that states (I believe it's a state action) have in place for schools inside their states? Do homeschool kids need to be vaccinated for all of those things? Never thought about it myself, but maybe that's why there are so many homeschoolers, their parents didn't want them to get one or several of the mandated vaccines?
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by LeadBolt »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:05 pm I'm over COVID and masks mandates. At this point, you're either vaccinated or you aren't. You either don't understand or don't care enough about public health to take it seriously and/or you're listening to snake oil salesmen tell you can pray it away (and then look the other way when they die of COVID.) Let's get on with our lives and get back to normal.

I kinda feel this way too. Everyone's been given the choice if they wanted to vaccinate or not, so at this point, let's move on. As an aside, what government mandated vaccines are there, other than the ones that states (I believe it's a state action) have in place for schools inside their states? Do homeschool kids need to be vaccinated for all of those things? Never thought about it myself, but maybe that's why there are so many homeschoolers, their parents didn't want them to get one or several of the mandated vaccines?
I agree on moving on, but the left is fixated on the total controlling of behavior of everyone, imho.

Individualism infuriates them.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:26 pm

You've got it - there are already government mandated vaccines that we've been dealing with and, up until now, we laughed at the anti-vaxxers. Either add the COVID vaccine to the list or not. Either way - we've had almost 12 months of vaccines. If you haven't gotten it yet, then that's your journey. Good luck. But you're opening yourself up to pain via loss wages, access to benefits, services, etc.... Don't like it - take it up with the businesses requiring it and the government. I bought tix last night for a Foo Fighters concert and I'll have to show proof of vaccination. I can participate in society. :)

RE homeschooling: That's why we homeschooled last year (well, one reason. MrsCCU was pretty much set on homeschooling anyway). It worked out well and LilCCU went into the 1st grade reading at a 2nd grade level and pretty far ahead in terms of math abilities.

Anecdotally -
My family is very conservative. My pro-Trump, MAGA brothers are all for vaccine mandates. Which is surprising.
Spoiler: show
One works in healthcare sales, has a medical background and the other works in Defense. They see it as necessary to safeguard their families and themselves. They also trust science. :)

My brother in law is more middle of the road. He's a partner at an engineering firm and is stressed and livid at those people who either aren't vaccinated OR refuse to sign a waiver b/c it's costing the firm numerous government contracts PLUS it's hurting the company as a whole. I was with him over Thanksgiving and he's about to lose 50 people b/c they won't get vaxxed or sign a waiver accepting the risk (which still makes no sense).
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

LeadBolt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:41 pm
GannonFan wrote:
I agree on moving on, but the left is fixated on the total controlling of behavior of everyone, imho.

:lol: Seriously? They both are. Show me the individualism in the GOP with the hero worship. I'll wait b/c it's not there.

Thinking the Right doesn't try to control the behavior of others is comical.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

A little broad brushed and overly dramatic, but I agree there are a large majority of Americans with multiple comorbidities that should seriously think about getting vaccinated. One major issue is we only have the 3 NEW vaccines, while there are others that are more traditional out there we don't have access to. You want to increase uptake, then let the whole attenuated virus vaccines or even the non-genetic vaccines into America.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:50 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:26 pm

You've got it - there are already government mandated vaccines that we've been dealing with and, up until now, we laughed at the anti-vaxxers. Either add the COVID vaccine to the list or not. Either way - we've had almost 12 months of vaccines. If you haven't gotten it yet, then that's your journey. Good luck. But you're opening yourself up to pain via loss wages, access to benefits, services, etc.... Don't like it - take it up with the businesses requiring it and the government. I bought tix last night for a Foo Fighters concert and I'll have to show proof of vaccination. I can participate in society. :)

RE homeschooling: That's why we homeschooled last year (well, one reason. MrsCCU was pretty much set on homeschooling anyway). It worked out well and LilCCU went into the 1st grade reading at a 2nd grade level and pretty far ahead in terms of math abilities.

Anecdotally -
My family is very conservative. My pro-Trump, MAGA brothers are all for vaccine mandates. Which is surprising.
Spoiler: show
One works in healthcare sales, has a medical background and the other works in Defense. They see it as necessary to safeguard their families and themselves. They also trust science. :)

My brother in law is more middle of the road. He's a partner at an engineering firm and is stressed and livid at those people who either aren't vaccinated OR refuse to sign a waiver b/c it's costing the firm numerous government contracts PLUS it's hurting the company as a whole. I was with him over Thanksgiving and he's about to lose 50 people b/c they won't get vaxxed or sign a waiver accepting the risk (which still makes no sense).
They won't get vaxxed and they won't sign a waiver stating that they accept the risks of working while unvaxxed? They're :dunce:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:51 pm
LeadBolt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:41 pm

:lol: Seriously? They both are. Show me the individualism in the GOP with the hero worship. I'll wait b/c it's not there.

What’s comical is thinking that they’re in any way similar.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:33 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:51 pm

The extremes are mirror images of each other in a lot of ways.

Are you going to argue that MTG, Boebert, Gaetz, Gosar, etc. are better than AOChe, Omar, Pressley, Tlaib, Bowman, Bush, Waters, etc.?

MTG is pushing a MAGAt purity test that could cost the GOP votes in 2022 and 2024. Loyalty to the cause (Trump for her) is more important than winning elections. I don't know about you but she definitely reminds me of AOChe.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Is this a good time to discuss Original Antigenic Sin and Antibody Dependent Enhancement?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:18 pm

Are you going to argue that MTG, Boebert, Gaetz, Gosar, etc. are better than AOChe, Omar, Pressley, Tlaib, Bowman, Bush, Waters, etc.?

MTG is pushing a MAGAt purity test that could cost the GOP votes in 2022 and 2024. Loyalty to the cause (Trump for her) is more important than winning elections. I don't know about you but she definitely reminds me of AOChe.
I don't pay much attention to the political pissing matches, but I see one side supporting a "we are all in this together" and another selecting individual groups for vilification.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

He’s talking ‘left’ and ‘right’. You’re talking “extremes”. Those are two different groups, in my mind. Yes, both extremes are pushing purity tests. But in reality, so are mainstream democrats. Whereas, mainstream conservatives do not.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:58 pm

I don't pay much attention to the political pissing matches, but I see one side supporting a "we are all in this together" and another selecting individual groups for vilification.
I don't see either side supporting a "we are all in this together" approach. Dissenting opinions are not tolerated by either extreme.

Are you going to tell me that Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, Tim Rice, etc. weren't vilified? The right vilifies BLM while ignoring any legitimate grievances they might have just like the left vilifies law enforcement while ignoring the great number of positive things they accomplish.

They are mirror images of each other.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:32 pm

He’s talking ‘left’ and ‘right’. You’re talking “extremes”. Those are two different groups, in my mind. Yes, both extremes are pushing purity tests. But in reality, so are mainstream democrats. Whereas, mainstream conservatives do not.
Tell me how Kevin McCarthy isn't enabling faux-conservative extremists like Pelosi enables illiberal extremists.