SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:30 pm
Now people will understand why the CDC quit tracking breakthrough cases that don't result in either hospitalization or death. If you don't record the numbers, you don't have to defend them.

Thank goodness Israel and the UK are still tracking, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing around 50% of new cases are from the previously vaccinated.

Now for the real irony. The vaccines were never tested on whether they prevent COVID, but if they reduced serious illness, which is great. I can remember people being called conspiracy theorists and antivaxxers for pointing this out, and now this line of thinking is being used as the main point defending the vaccines. It was always true, but it didn't sound good, so it was vilified until it was needed to bolster an argument.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:04 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:16 pm

I would have to say we might hold off on anything like that soon. My hunch is the company is still reeling and doesn't need a further exodus of employees from the company.

We have been beating the woke curriculum hard in the meantime.
My company management is as conservative as can be (we literally run a conservative news studio in the office) and it's required we either be vaccinated or wear a mask 100% of the time. All of us except two people are vaccinated though.

Also this guy was at my office the other day for a recording:

Right-wing media is so fuckin' weird. :lol:
Who/where comprises your market for news studio? Interesting stuff.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

I don’t math very well...but this data is echoing what I’ve read elsewhere...

Based on transmission rate, immunity, and what we’ve seen so far, the Delta variant will eventually infect 36 million here, exceeding the other surges combined. Hopefully and expected lower mortality at least, but hospitals will be strained in sone parts of the country and may require more lockdowns.

Side note...a close friend’s dad in Austin who’s in his humid 60’s has been hospitalized for a week and took a turn for the worse yesterday. Now on 98% oxygen and being intubated today.

andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

So I get the Delta variant is more communicable, but its hardly more deadly. So whats the big deal?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:08 am So I get the Delta variant is more communicable, but its hardly more deadly. So whats the big deal?
Avoidable deaths and lockdowns. Hasn’t changed all that much. Some people either refuse to connect the dots or don’t really care.

Oh well.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:13 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:04 pm

My company management is as conservative as can be (we literally run a conservative news studio in the office) and it's required we either be vaccinated or wear a mask 100% of the time. All of us except two people are vaccinated though.

Also this guy was at my office the other day for a recording:

Right-wing media is so fuckin' weird. :lol:
The business model is to rent out to people who need a professional studio for a few hours. These are individuals, organizations, and even small college who have podcasts, Youtube series, blogs, websites, or whatever and don't want it to look like they're recording from a basement.

However, the majority of clientele are random right-wing websites and individuals who want to look more official than they really are. We do get a lot of young hotties trying to break into the right-wing market though, so it's nice when they come in. I guess if you see that desk anywhere, it was produced here (you can bring your own set-up or we provide those desk/chairs at no additional cost).

I was skeptical of the model at first, but it does seem to be turning a profit although the capital recovery cost is something like four or five years. There's a lot of people out there trying to make a profit off rage.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:23 am I don’t math very well...
That has been very apparent the past year plus...... :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:14 am
andy7171 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:08 am So I get the Delta variant is more communicable, but its hardly more deadly. So whats the big deal?
Avoidable deaths and lockdowns. Hasn’t changed all that much. Some people either refuse to connect the dots or don’t really care.

Oh well.
I would love to see the data on this.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:49 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:14 am

Oh well.
I would love to see the data on this.
Me too. It will come out. Many factors, but vaccines and social distancing work in general.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:47 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:23 am I don’t math very well...
We all have our weaknesses... :kisswink:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:23 am I don’t math very well...but this data is echoing what I’ve read elsewhere...

Based on transmission rate, immunity, and what we’ve seen so far, the Delta variant will eventually infect 36 million here, exceeding the other surges combined. Hopefully and expected lower mortality at least, but hospitals will be strained in sone parts of the country and may require more lockdowns.

Side note...a close friend’s dad in Austin who’s in his humid 60’s has been hospitalized for a week and took a turn for the worse yesterday. Now on 98% oxygen and being intubated today.

At least half the population wouldn’t comply, and the majority of your PDs won’t enforce it (see LA Sheriff who said they won’t enforce new mask mandate in LA County). People are done with mask mandates and esp lockdowns.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I'll probably just wear a mask indoors into the foreseeable future. I know at least one other who has said this too. Seems like good hygiene based of studies prior the the pandemic from Asia.

I'm picking up at restaurant now (take-out only) and 75% are wearing masks, so at least here, clearly people aren't tired of them. This area is 70+% vaccinated last time I checked.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:31 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:23 am I don’t math very well...but this data is echoing what I’ve read elsewhere...

At least half the population wouldn’t comply, and the majority of your PDs won’t enforce it (see LA Sheriff who said they won’t enforce new mask mandate in LA County). People are done with mask mandates and esp lockdowns.
True to an extent but stupid.

The hospitalization rates are what to watch. Lockdowns can be more than just masking.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:32 am

The business model is to rent out to people who need a professional studio for a few hours. These are individuals, organizations, and even small college who have podcasts, Youtube series, blogs, websites, or whatever and don't want it to look like they're recording from a basement.

However, the majority of clientele are random right-wing websites and individuals who want to look more official than they really are. We do get a lot of young hotties trying to break into the right-wing market though, so it's nice when they come in. I guess if you see that desk anywhere, it was produced here (you can bring your own set-up or we provide those desk/chairs at no additional cost).

I was skeptical of the model at first, but it does seem to be turning a profit although the capital recovery cost is something like four or five years. There's a lot of people out there trying to make a profit off rage.
Like after Wayne and Garth moved to the professional studio. Cool. I bet you see oddities.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:32 am

I think that is a good business model now that podcasts are all the rage. My concern would be collecting from these up and comers, unless payment is required up front.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

I just read an article saying 85% of all COVID cases in NY state are Delta variant as the headline. Midway through the article it says 26 of 30 cases. LOL
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:31 am

Yeah good luck getting people to lockdown again. If you are a small business owner and somehow made it through the 1st lockdown, I don't see why you would ever comply as I doubt they would make it through a 2nd lockdown.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:05 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:30 pm
Now people will understand why the CDC quit tracking breakthrough cases that don't result in either hospitalization or death. If you don't record the numbers, you don't have to defend them.

Thank goodness Israel and the UK are still tracking, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing around 50% of new cases are from the previously vaccinated.

Now for the real irony. The vaccines were never tested on whether they prevent COVID, but if they reduced serious illness, which is great. I can remember people being called conspiracy theorists and antivaxxers for pointing this out, and now this line of thinking is being used as the main point defending the vaccines. It was always true, but it didn't sound good, so it was vilified until it was needed to bolster an argument.
So basically the "vaccine" is like a flu shot. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

andy7171 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:29 am I just read an article saying 85% of all COVID cases in NY state are Delta variant as the headline. Midway through the article it says 26 of 30 cases. LOL
Can the tests identify the new variant, or any variant?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:11 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:47 am

We all have our weaknesses... :kisswink:
That we do. :thumb:

Mine is golf, smart leggy women, and a good Highland Scotch. Could also add old, dusty books and a mountain side to read on. ;)

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:35 am I'll probably just wear a mask indoors into the foreseeable future. I know at least one other who has said this too. Seems like good hygiene based of studies prior the the pandemic from Asia.

I'm picking up at restaurant now (take-out only) and 75% are wearing masks, so at least here, clearly people aren't tired of them. This area is 70+% vaccinated last time I checked.
I hope a certain segment of society does continue to wear them.

Kinda of like MAGA hats and Trump flags. :coffee:

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:32 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:05 am

So basically the "vaccine" is like a flu shot. :coffee:
Virus going to virus and the best you can hope is to slow the hospitalizations down until a overall viable treatment procedure can be implemented. After that, let people live their life. The idiots that say we can eradicate this or if we do "X" this is going away are just that. Idiots.

andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:34 am
andy7171 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:29 am I just read an article saying 85% of all COVID cases in NY state are Delta variant as the headline. Midway through the article it says 26 of 30 cases. LOL
Can the tests identify the new variant, or any variant?
Who F'ing knows. I barely pay attention. The BS ruined my daughters junior and senior years.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:35 am I'll probably just wear a mask indoors into the foreseeable future. I know at least one other who has said this too. Seems like good hygiene based of studies prior the the pandemic from Asia.

The MAGA hat of the left. And I guarantee you 90% of those folks at that restaurant were vaxxed and voted for Biden.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.