CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
andy7171 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:00 am Maryland is just over 65% vaccinated. With Baltimore City and P.G. Counties being the least vaccinated percentage wise. F'ing GD Trumpers!!!
South Carolina is 40% fully vaxx, 50% receiving at least 1 shot.

Neighboring Counties
York, SC - 36.4%
Lancaster, SC - 33.7%
Chester, SC - 31.81%
Charlotte-Meck, NC - 47%
SC would probably only be at 35% if all the Ohioans in Charleston County weren’t there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:50 am
Ibanez wrote:
South Carolina is 40% fully vaxx, 50% receiving at least 1 shot.

Neighboring Counties
York, SC - 36.4%
Lancaster, SC - 33.7%
Chester, SC - 31.81%
Charlotte-Meck, NC - 47%
SC would probably only be at 35% if all the Ohioans in Charleston County weren’t there

:lol: That and the people moving from CLT to York/Lancaster. Btw- Berkeley/Dorchester is BOOMING and yanks are moving in
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Florida and Texas accounted for one-third of all new U.S. coronavirus cases last week, White House says
Republican governors like Ron DeSantis of Florida and Greg Abbott of Texas had not waited for Biden to herald the pandemic’s end, with DeSantis in particular having spent much of the summer basking in conservative adulation over his handling of the pandemic. Criticism of that approach has grown louder of late, especially as localities seek to impose new mask mandates in keeping with new guidance issued last week by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote:Florida and Texas accounted for one-third of all new U.S. coronavirus cases last week, White House says
Republican governors like Ron DeSantis of Florida and Greg Abbott of Texas had not waited for Biden to herald the pandemic’s end, with DeSantis in particular having spent much of the summer basking in conservative adulation over his handling of the pandemic. Criticism of that approach has grown louder of late, especially as localities seek to impose new mask mandates in keeping with new guidance issued last week by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Looks like great news for Democrats.......
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Winterborn wrote:
Looks like great news for Democrats.......
They’ll take what they can get I suppose

2022 and 2024 are going to be a bloodbath

Kamala is so bad she’ll lose the primary to Bernie... taking the First! Black! Woman! President! trope off the table

Then Bernie loses to DeSantis and the Dems have zero bench

Hell, I might come out of the wilderness and vote GOP

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:36 pm Florida and Texas accounted for one-third of all new U.S. coronavirus cases last week, White House says
How much of the country resides in those 2 states?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:34 pm
Winterborn wrote:Looks like great news for Democrats.......

Kamala is so bad she’ll lose the primary to Bernie... taking the First! Black! Woman! President! trope off the table

I think alot depends on how long COVID hangs around and the response from the different state and the Federal Government. Biden's approval numbers are dropping (one site cited about 5 points down) and they way the CDC keeps botching the message, I do not see it turning around anytime soon.

Overall I was being slightly sarcastic above as I do not think COVID (the actual illness) is the issue but the "solutions" and "situations" surrounding it that are the problems for the Dems (in lesser extent the R's as well). I highly doubt enough people are going to die in those two states to make that much of a difference even if it was only the diehard R's coming down with it. The overall breakdown of who is getting the vaccine and who is not, does not favor either party IMHO.

I will admit that I had expected Kamala to play a bigger role in the administration but she is really just the token "black" person in the administration. But I guess the speaking engagements after all this is said and done will pay better as she can say "former VP" by her name.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:06 pm
CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:34 pm

I think alot depends on how long COVID hangs around and the response from the different state and the Federal Government. Biden's approval numbers are dropping (one site cited about 5 points down) and they way the CDC keeps botching the message, I do not see it turning around anytime soon.

Overall I was being slightly sarcastic above as I do not think COVID (the actual illness) is the issue but the "solutions" and "situations" surrounding it that are the problems for the Dems (in lesser extent the R's as well). I highly doubt enough people are going to die in those two states to make that much of a difference even if it was only the diehard R's coming down with it. The overall breakdown of who is getting the vaccine and who is not, does not favor either party IMHO.

I will admit that I had expected Kamala to play a bigger role in the administration but she is really just the token "black" person in the administration. But I guess the speaking engagements after all this is said and done will pay better as she can say "former VP" by her name.
Good analysis. Trump association remains interesting. Might end up being as irrelevant as the tea party. Traditional republicans will do some damage against DeSantis in the primaries.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

bobbythekidd wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:50 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:44 pm The goal has been met. 70% adult pop in US vaccinated.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations
As of this post, your link shows 49.7% vaccinated. The only group over 70% is seniors. We ain't there yet.
I clearly said 70% of the ADULT POP.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:25 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:56 pm

I see percentage of population over 18 is 70% vaccinated.
That’s just at least one shot. Fully vaccinated is just over 50%. We started out hot but around 20 countries are ahead of us now on fully vaccinated rates.
We’re talking adult population. Of the adult population fully vaccinated is 60%.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:11 pm
How much of the country resides in those 2 states?
Texas and Florida make up 8.7% and 6.5% of the US population, respectively.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:21 pm

That’s just at least one shot. Fully vaccinated is just over 50%. We started out hot but around 20 countries are ahead of us now on fully vaccinated rates.
We’re talking adult population. Of the adult population fully vaccinated is 60%.
IT's all good news. We're getting closer and closer to herd immunity (if not there already). Only wish there was something for children. I have a few friends that have children that either have the Delta Variant or RSV (which is common - just not this time of year, LIl CCU had it and it sucks and is scary for a parent).

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... -children/
Cases of RSV have risen gradually since early June, with an even greater spike in the past month, according to data by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. RSV, which can cause symptoms that include a runny nose, coughing, sneezing and fever, normally begins to spread in the fall, making this summer spike unusual.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:23 am I'm genuinely curious, but do some of you really listen to YouTube videos and Twitter and Facebook to the point where you ignore your own doctor? Do you guys even see doctors?

When my PCP says to take a vaccine or supplement or drug, I've never questioned them. I'm not a doctor, and I generally like being alive, and that's how it's always worked since I was a kid. They also have a financial incentive to keeping me around, so besides any empathetic motive, it's generally a monetary positive when their patients don't die.

I have no idea what the incentive is for some random guy on YouTube saying "vaccine is bad for you!" Like I don't know this guy, they usually never gave a relevant degree or credential, and in the small chance they do it's expired or haven't practiced in years or they have some weird history.
I question my PCP. The guy is awesome. He's funny but I do have to question him on some things and push back things (had to tell him it was depression not diet for why I gained weight even though he insisted it was the opposite.)

But then again - I could go in and ask for Adderall and he'll give me a script, no questions asked. He loves to write a prescription. :lol:
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:16 pm
bobbythekidd wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:50 pm

As of this post, your link shows 49.7% vaccinated. The only group over 70% is seniors. We ain't there yet.

Which one of us is confused? I don't think it's me.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Okay. Conservatives jump the shark on COVID denial alarmism.

Trying to say there is no test for the Delta variant. No shit there is no test, because it's not a test, it's called sequencing and they have been doing it from the start. Same shit with flu. You take a swab and send it to the regional health department lab, they sequence it and keep track of what variant is doing what. LONG HISTORY of doing this.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:51 pm Okay. Conservatives jump the shark again, this time on COVID denial alarmism.

Trying to say there is no test for the Delta variant. No shit there is no test, because it's not a test, it's called sequencing and they have been doing it from the start. Same shit with flu. You take a swab and send it to the regional health department lab, they sequence it and keep track of what variant is doing what. LONG HISTORY of doing this.
FYP and yes, they have a long history of jumping the shark .. :D
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:44 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:16 pm
70% of the adult population vaccinated (1 shot%)
60% of the adult population fully vaccinated (both shots or JJ)

Yet you were claiming 49%. So yeah, it was you who was confused.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bobbythekidd »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:33 pm

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:56 pm

I see percentage of population over 18 is 70% vaccinated.
Right behind my post claiming 49%, Kalm backs me up. At the time you claimed 70%. Later, you claimed 70% and backpedaled to 60%.
That's you, not me.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:43 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:33 pm

Right behind my post claiming 49%, Kalm backs me up. At the time you claimed 70%. Later, you claimed 70% and backpedaled to 60%.
That's you, not me.
Well you were both wrong with 49%.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKarenJMU wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:33 pm

Translation - I'm not wrong! I will admit when I'm wrong, but I'm not wrong! Not! Not! Not!
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bobbythekidd »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:48 pm
bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:43 pm

That's you, not me.
Well you were both wrong with 49%.
bobbythekidd wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:50 pm As of this post, your link shows 49.7% vaccinated. The only group over 70% is seniors. We ain't there yet.
I was pretty clear. It had gone up by about .4% when Kalm replied.

It's you. Just say, "my bad. I was wrong again"
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Fear porn incoming. :lol:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BuT tExAs AnD fLoRiDa

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:18 pm BuT tExAs AnD fLoRiDa

Texas #25, Florida 26.

My sisters hospital in Florida currently has more patients than last years surges. No elective surgeries. The is coming from a Trump supporter, so it's not lefty fear porn. Her and her husband are still on the Trump bus.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Wow! Bobby comes out of retirement to fight BDK! I miss one day, and all hell breaks loose!
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."