ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: Where are the Masks?

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

The government cannot take care of you, just like they cannot take care of this media created "epidmic".

If you want masks you plan on doing it yourself, pull up those boot straps you left wing pussies.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:37 am Almost every health-care professional I interviewed criticized the government’s lack of preparedness. “The biggest mistake we’ve made is that we awakened to this problem too late,” said the New York emergency-room doctor. “We had three months of warning from China and then Europe, and we didn’t take it seriously.”
Here's a dumb question... If this guy had three months notice, why didn't he have someone stock up on the plentiful (at the time) supply in anticipation of an outbreak? Sounds like he and his hospital failed in a pretty big way as well.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

bobbythekidd wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:59 pm
dbackjon wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:37 am Almost every health-care professional I interviewed criticized the government’s lack of preparedness. “The biggest mistake we’ve made is that we awakened to this problem too late,” said the New York emergency-room doctor. “We had three months of warning from China and then Europe, and we didn’t take it seriously.”
Here's a dumb question... If this guy had three months notice, why didn't he have someone stock up on the plentiful (at the time) supply in anticipation of an outbreak? Sounds like he and his hospital failed in a pretty big way as well.
:lol: :notworthy:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:01 pm
bobbythekidd wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:59 pm

:lol: :notworthy:
As I said, still trying to figure out why it’s the government’s fault these medical facilities don’t have masks....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:55 pm The Chinese make the masks

The fact that the Chinese make the masks and can withhold them is a problem of our own making and it is one that has been cheered on by Republican and Democrat alike

- “let’s allow them in our markets so their middle class will grow and force them to liberalize”

That was our foreign policy on China since 1960 and now here we are

The masks are in China - they have pit production into overdrive and they are not exporting them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Masks have an expiration date --- it costs 20% each year to recycle to new masks.

3M makes masks in the USA from 'Asian and European' components since 2007 or so (they purchased a private equity firm in Europe called 'Aearo' that made masks and respirators).

There is also a difference in qualifications between industrial or medical masks, so it's the gub'mints fault, huh?
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Aho Old Guy wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:55 pm The Chinese make the masks

The fact that the Chinese make the masks and can withhold them is a problem of our own making and it is one that has been cheered on by Republican and Democrat alike

- “let’s allow them in our markets so their middle class will grow and force them to liberalize”

That was our foreign policy on China since 1960 and now here we are

The masks are in China - they have pit production into overdrive and they are not exporting them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Masks have an expiration date --- it costs 20% each year to recycle to new masks.

3M makes masks in the USA from 'Asian and European' components since 2007 or so (they purchased a private equity firm in Europe called 'Aearo' that made masks and respirators).

There is also a difference in qualifications between industrial or medical masks, so it's the gub'mints fault, huh?
That’s a nice story you told there

With some word salad and a couple red herrings thrown in

And irrelevant - 3M is ramping up production but the vast majority of our *medical* masks are made in China. 3M doesn’t come close

Maybe you’re trying to dispute the results of 60 years of foreign policy with China? It’s hard to tell what you’re talking about sometimes when you jump of the porch hollering

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Some cool stuff happening including Dry Fly Distillery making Spokanitizer and this...

https://www.kuow.org/stories/mukilteo-f ... -hospitals
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:02 am
Aho Old Guy wrote:

And irrelevant - 3M is ramping up production but the vast majority of our *medical* masks are made in China. 3M doesn’t come close

Maybe you’re trying to dispute the results of 60 years of foreign policy with China? It’s hard to tell what you’re talking about sometimes when you jump of the porch hollering
Worst thing Nixon ever did, and he had some doozies.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:25 am
CID1990 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:02 am

Worst thing Nixon ever did, and he had some doozies.
Can’t we also blame our trade policy since Nixon?
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

kalm wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:37 am Some cool stuff happening including Dry Fly Distillery making Spokanitizer and this...

Another source to help with the mask shortage developed locally: https://www.ktvq.com/news/coronavirus/b ... ical-masks Apparently anyone with a 3D printer can help put these out.

Necessity is the mother of invention.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

News coming out now of the national supply was cut deep during H1N1 and was never replenished like the administration was supposed to.

Thanks Obama
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:15 am News coming out now of the national supply was cut deep during H1N1 and was never replenished like the administration was supposed to.

Thanks Obama
Yeps. Obama's fault..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:30 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:15 am News coming out now of the national supply was cut deep during H1N1 and was never replenished like the administration was supposed to.

Thanks Obama
Yeps. Obama's fault..
What, they didn't take a cycle count since 2010? What kind of inventory management is that? Surely we should've realized this at some point since January 2017? :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:37 am Some cool stuff happening including Dry Fly Distillery making Spokanitizer and this...

Distilleries all over the country making hand sanitizer.
https://www.usnews.com/news/national-ne ... oronavirus
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... -sanitizer
https://www.nj.com/news/j66j-2020/03/d2 ... demic.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

GannonFan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:30 am Yeps. Obama's fault..
What, they didn't take a cycle count since 2010? What kind of inventory management is that? Surely we should've realized this at some point since January 2017? :coffee:
Don't worry the government is on it!

They fix everyone's problems

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:30 am

Thanks Obama
Yeps. Obama's fault..
And Trump's administration did nothing to fix the problem in the 3+ years he's been in office. There is plenty of blame to go around.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

He probably would have fixed this problem but he was busy being attacked everyday by the media and Democrats who were lying and making shit up.

This is on the left too.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:00 pm He probably would have fixed this problem but he was busy being attacked everyday by the media and Democrats who were lying and making shit up.

This is on the left too.
I'm sure "check on the number of masks in case of a global pandemic" was not too far down on his to-do-list he kept in his office. :coffee:

With all that said, he's lucky that no damage has been done so far - heck, NYC is the hardest hit place and they haven't run out of stuff yet (but they say they will this week). He has a chance to come out of this on the other side in a good position, but that time is closing.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Still trying to figure out why medical facilities and healthcare providers need the federal government to TELL them to have enough masks on hand in the event of a pandemic.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:04 pm Still trying to figure out why medical facilities and healthcare providers need the federal government to TELL them to have enough masks on hand in the event of a pandemic.
Is this the same mentality of the White House?.....trying to figure out who is to blame while Rome burns? :roll: :thumbdown:

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:18 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:04 pm Still trying to figure out why medical facilities and healthcare providers need the federal government to TELL them to have enough masks on hand in the event of a pandemic.
Is this the same mentality of the White House?.....trying to figure out who is to blame while Rome burns? :roll: :thumbdown:

No, dipshit. I'm trying to figure out why the Federal Government is being blamed for the failures of the leadership at the individual medical facilities? Do they have to ask the Feds when they want to order toilet paper too? Wouldn't masks be one of those fundamental pieces of equipment you'd want to make sure of, as a medical facility/healthcare provider, that you had sufficient quantities of?
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:22 pm

No, dipshit. I'm trying to figure out why the Federal Government is being blamed for the failures of the leadership at the individual medical facilities? Do they have to ask the Feds when they want to order toilet paper too? Wouldn't masks be one of those fundamental pieces of equipment you'd want to make sure of, as a medical facility/healthcare provider, that you had sufficient quantities of?
Hey fuckhead....why didn't Trump react weeks earlier instead of calling it a liberal hoax?
Go Black Bears!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:22 pm

I'm good with the idea that the individual medical providers share a lot of the blame/burden for not having the initial supply of what they needed. With that said, as the situation worsens, and we move past the initial stage and we're in the stage of dealing with flare-ups and mass epidemics, that's where I'd expect the federal system to kick in and help alleviate the emergency needs. That's what the government could and should do. Just like the strategic oil supply is there for temporary, emergency situations with the supply of oil, the government should be there in a similar circumstance with medical supplies, or at least have the wherewithal to figure it out.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

mainejeff wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:22 pm No, dipshit. I'm trying to figure out why the Federal Government is being blamed for the failures of the leadership at the individual medical facilities? Do they have to ask the Feds when they want to order toilet paper too? Wouldn't masks be one of those fundamental pieces of equipment you'd want to make sure of, as a medical facility/healthcare provider, that you had sufficient quantities of?
Hey fuckhead....why didn't Trump react weeks earlier instead of calling it a liberal hoax?
Because it is a liberal hoax. They are wrecking this country on purpose to try and get rid of Trump and they will fail again

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk