SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Positives from Covid-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:32 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:33 am The botched COVID models can now be used to beat over the heads of the global warming community to show that if you can't compare their model with real data, it's worthless.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Delusional I see.

No, it shows we need to take crisises like Climate change more seriously, learn statistical modeling, and keep politics out of science.

Also shows the GOP has ZERO clue on governing in a crisis, or how to react
How about we start simple and just follow the scientific method? Publish your data and methodology.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:25 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:25 pm
I know YOU didn't a question. The OP asked "Did we elect the wrong millionaire in 2016?" (actually billionaire).
You answered yes.
I answered no.

Also you don't know what would have happened under a Cuban presidency. Being a self made billionaire doesn't mean someone would make a good POTUS. No one knows exactly what will happen under any hypothetical presidency of someone who isn't elected president. You go off their track record, voting record, what they say during the primary and campaign, what their campaign platform says, character, etc.

No one knew exactly what would have happened under a crooked Clinton presidency, but we had a decent idea based on her track record;
-votes in the Senate.
-tenure as SOS.
-statements and actions on record over close to a quarter century.
-what she said during 2 primaries (vs Obama 08' and Sanders 16'), and during the 2016 general.
-Campaign platform.
etc.
Some of that is true. Being a legacy billionaire doesn't make you a good one either.
And how awesome that you bring up character. You saw a man that boasted about sexually assaulting women, known to screw over small businesses, an adulterer that mocks the handicapped and POWS and dodged military service and you thought _ Hey..that's the guy that'll get the job done. :ohno: :ohno:

You did have a 3rd choice. This idea about wasting a vote on 3rd parties is a self filling prophecy. If you don't start voting for 3rd parties and helping them make serious gains in elections, how the hell do you expect things to change?
Sounds like Bill Clinton, except Bill didn't boast about sexually assaulting women, he actually did. I did vote for Perot in 92', 1st time I could vote. My #1 wish in 16' was keeping Hillary Clinton out of office. Plus Johnson was amnesty for illegals/bring their families/open borders, a non starter for me.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:36 am
Some of that is true. Being a legacy billionaire doesn't make you a good one either.
And how awesome that you bring up character. You saw a man that boasted about sexually assaulting women, known to screw over small businesses, an adulterer that mocks the handicapped and POWS and dodged military service and you thought _ Hey..that's the guy that'll get the job done. :ohno: :ohno:

You did have a 3rd choice. This idea about wasting a vote on 3rd parties is a self filling prophecy. If you don't start voting for 3rd parties and helping them make serious gains in elections, how the hell do you expect things to change?
Sounds like Bill Clinton, except Bill didn't boast about sexually assaulting women, he actually did. I did vote for Perot in 92', 1st time I could vote. My #1 wish in 16' was keeping Hillary Clinton out of office. Plus Johnson was amnesty for illegals/bring their families/open borders, a non starter for me.
My guy's character and integrity are similar to Bill Clinton's! :suspicious:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Way to deflect, BDK. SOunds exactly like the guy you voted for in 2016 and will vote for in 2020. Voting for 1 POS over another POS is such a bullshit excuse.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:12 am
Way to deflect, BDK. SOunds exactly like the guy you voted for in 2016 and will vote for in 2020. Voting for 1 POS over another POS is such a bullshit excuse.
If your beliefs align far more with one POS and his party's platform, than another POS (who you view as a far worse POS) and her party's platform, and nutty 3rd party guy and his party's platform, it isn't a bullshit excuse.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:22 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:12 am

If your beliefs align far more with one POS and his party's platform, than another POS (who you view as a far worse POS) and her party's platform, and nutty 3rd party guy and his party's platform, it isn't a bullshit excuse.
Candidates are supposed to embody the party. Are sexual assault, unethical practices and adultery now GOP platform planks?

Either way, just because the person is a POS and running in your party doesn't mean he's the best person to be representing the party. It's not that difficult of a distinction.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:28 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:22 am
Candidates are supposed to embody the party. Are sexual assault, unethical practices and adultery now GOP platform planks?

Either way, just because the person is a POS and running in your party doesn't mean he's the best person to be representing the party. It's not that difficult of a distinction.
Then it would have been not vote in the general. No way in hell I would have voted for Hillary Clinton (or any donk given their current party's platform), and I'm not voting for a pro amnesty/open borders guy.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:47 am

Then it would have been not vote in the general. No way in hell I would have voted for Hillary Clinton (or any donk given their current party's platform), and I'm not voting for a pro amnesty/open borders guy.
Show me one of your posts where you admit that Trump is a POS. AZ admits it, but he votes his wallet.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:49 am
Show me one of your posts where you admit that Trump is a POS. AZ admits it, but he votes his wallet.
Search function won't do 3 letter words/acronyms.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:49 am
He indirectly just a few posts above (which he also qualified with the opposition's far worse POS - let's argue over which pile of shit smells better) and he probably has one or two other times. But the real hypocrisy comes in when a Trumpster points out any Donk's (Hillary, Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, etc.) moral turpitude. When you support Trump you have given up the moral high ground and cannot be critical of an opponent's morals, ethics or character without being a hypocrite.
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:22 am If your beliefs align far more with one POS and his party's platform, than another POS (who you view as a far worse POS) and her party's platform, and nutty 3rd party guy and his party's platform, it isn't a bullshit excuse.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:12 am a Trumpster
Good thing we only have two or three of those here. :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Your first sentence is confusing. Are you saying that if a candidate like I referred to had run in 2016, then you would NOT have voted for them?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Local bar has a parking lot behind their place of business and has put up a 25ft screen to show movies on. They are doing two showings on Friday and Saturday night, tickets must be purchased in advanced. Win for people wanting to get out and see a show, plus the bar has take-out for those that want it.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Not necessarily a positive, but I'm certainly taking joy in such small things now. Jr opens the fridge and the bulb is burned out. There's a 6.93% chance that I'd actually have a replacement bulb. Go to the pantry, get on a chair to reach the top shelf where I never go and start rifling through the bin.... nope. Normally I'd be happy to run to the hardware store to grab that along with who knows what else. But I'm respecting the stay at home. While I have all the other bulbs out, why not pull out the box to clean around it... then I catch sight of the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. A bulb package that looks like it's been there 20 years and in it.... one appliance bulb. It was strangely satisfying... like really more than I could have guessed. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:27 am
Your first sentence is confusing. Are you saying that if a candidate like I referred to had run in 2016, then you would NOT have voted for them?
2016 for me:
-no way in hell I was voting for Hillary.
-wouldn't vote for an open borders candidate (Johnson)

So that left 1 voting option. Given that my # 1 wish, above all else, was seeing Hillary not getting elected, it was a no brainer.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:22 am If your beliefs align far more with one POS and his party's platform, than another POS (who you view as a far worse POS) and her party's platform, and nutty 3rd party guy and his party's platform, it isn't a bullshit excuse.

I don't care about any of them doing that shit, I just want them to close our borders and quit giving our tax dollars to other countries. If a baby raping murder gave me his word on that and followed through he's got my vote everytime.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:55 am
Ibanez wrote:

I don't care about any of them doing that shit, I just want them to close our borders and quit giving our tax dollars to other countries. If a baby raping murder gave me his word on that and followed through he's got my vote everytime.
If you don't care about any of them doing that then why did you say this about Hunter Biden?
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:12 pm Hunter Biden is at a level of corruptions that makes Pelosi look like a drunk toddler. He is an incredible POS that has used the system more than anyone alive and he is 100% guilty
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:12 pm Please list the illegitimate children that Kushner has and also how he is going about trying to fuck over the women he was screwing while married to his brothers wife. Biden is the stinkiest POS in the turd bowl
If he was going to close our borders and quit giving our tax dollars to other countries would you vote for him?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:54 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:27 am

2016 for me:

So that left 1 voting option. Given that my # 1 wish, above all else, was seeing Hillary not getting elected, it was a no brainer.
You had another option. :coffee:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

UNI88 wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:55 am I don't care about any of them doing that shit, I just want them to close our borders and quit giving our tax dollars to other countries. If a baby raping murder gave me his word on that and followed through he's got my vote everytime.
If you don't care about any of them doing that then why did you say this about Hunter Biden?
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:12 pm Hunter Biden is at a level of corruptions that makes Pelosi look like a drunk toddler. He is an incredible POS that has used the system more than anyone alive and he is 100% guilty
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:12 pm Please list the illegitimate children that Kushner has and also how he is going about trying to fuck over the women he was screwing while married to his brothers wife. Biden is the stinkiest POS in the turd bowl
If he was going to close our borders and quit giving our tax dollars to other countries would you vote for him?
Are either of them an elected official?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:46 am
UNI88 wrote:

Are either of them an elected official?

So you hold people who haven't been elected to office (Hunter Biden) to a higher standard than those that are (Trump)?

Hunter is a pimple on Trump's ass when it comes to being a corrupt POS.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:05 pm
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:46 am Are either of them an elected official?

So you hold people who haven't been elected to office (Hunter Biden) to a higher standard than those that are (Trump)?

I’d say more like a roaring hemorrhoid than a pimple.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:16 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:54 am
2016 for me:

You had another option. :coffee:
Who, the hairy armpits lady?
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:05 pm
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:46 am Are either of them an elected official?

Do you report for CNN when your not posting here?

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Positives from Covid-19

Post by Ibanez »

One positive - having to homeschool and be around my daughter 24/7 has helped me to become more patient and understanding. It’s also allowed me to do things during the week that I normally wouldnt do during the work week- like tonight I’m sleeping in a camping hammock. lil CCU is sleeping in the hammock next to me. She loves camping out and tonight the weather is perfect. It’s a bit breezy with a low of 63.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:05 pm So you hold people who haven't been elected to office (Hunter Biden) to a higher standard than those that are (Trump)?

I’d say more like a roaring hemorrhoid than a pimple.
True.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk