Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: WWII vs. COVID - Big Government in Action

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:00 pm
Winterborn wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:57 pm

I missed that one. :ohno: He also had "lay" instead of "play" and I was going to make a quip about some of the better looking LPGA players. :lol:
Be better, Winterborn. Be better.... :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
That is not as much fun. :lol: :lol: :thumb:

Edit: Multitasking is not my forte. I get were you were going with this now and I will put it on my to-do list. ;)
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
kalm wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:47 pm Florida is turning around cars with plates from NY and NJ.
Honestly, every state should be doing this. Coronavirus or not. :coffee:

I'd also add Ohio to that list.
No fuckin shit

Charleston should have been doing it with Ohio plates 20 years ago

Oh and shoot that Conde Nast motherfucker... every time one of those travel rags slobber over Chucktown a whole Ohio town pulls chocks and moves south

I was back a couple years ago and it is an unrecognizable shit show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:43 pm
Ibanez wrote:
Honestly, every state should be doing this. Coronavirus or not. :coffee:

I'd also add Ohio to that list.
No fuckin shit

Oh and shoot that Conde Nast motherfucker... every time one of those travel rags slobber over Chucktown a whole Ohio town pulls chocks and moves south

Yeah, well. You were on the force back when all those fucks starting coming in. What did you do?! HUH!?!??!?

Meanwhile, the Riverdogs host a "Go Back To Ohio Night" at least 2x. Mike Veeck and Bill Murray are doing their part.

https://www.oursportscentral.com/servic ... /n-3666048
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:43 pm No fuckin shit

Yeah, well. You were on the force back when all those fucks starting coming in. What did you do?! HUH!?!??!?

Meanwhile, the Riverdogs host a "Go Back To Ohio Night" at least 2x. Mike Veeck and Bill Murray are doing their part.

I was upholding my oath and protecting their civil rights

It was YOUR job as rabble to take a lead pipe to them and you FAILED

Not my hometown anyway

In 200 years MY hometown is where everybody will wish they were from (and I’ll remind them I was born there)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:42 am
Ibanez wrote:

I was upholding my oath and protecting their civil rights

Not my hometown anyway

In 200 years MY hometown is where everybody will wish they were from (and I’ll remind them I was born there)
:lol: :lol: Everyone wishes they were from my hometown now. That's the problem. Too many people with "Native" stickers that aren't, clogging up the roads.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Mrs. Ivy spent most of her first year of life in Chucktown while her dad was in the Navy. They lived on Legare Street.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:42 am I was upholding my oath and protecting their civil rights

Not my hometown anyway

:lol: :lol: Everyone wishes they were from my hometown now. That's the problem. Too many people with "Native" stickers that aren't, clogging up the roads.
Like I said

The lead pipe work was your responsibility

it was my responsibility to say, “sorry maam we cant figure out who the little scrawny fucker was that did it”

the failure was not mine

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:31 am
Ibanez wrote: :lol: :lol: Everyone wishes they were from my hometown now. That's the problem. Too many people with "Native" stickers that aren't, clogging up the roads.
Like I said

The lead pipe work was your responsibility

it was my responsibility to say, “sorry maam we cant figure out who the little scrawny fucker was that did it”

the failure was not mine

:thumbdown: :rofl:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

My little sister lived in Charleston from 1995-2009 ish. Was on the like 8 year plan at College of Charleston..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:My little sister lived in Charleston from 1995-2009 ish. Was on the like 8 year plan at College of Charleston..
if she was on lithium then I may have dated her

(I dated all the 8+ year cofc girls on lithium)

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:20 pm
BDKJMU wrote:My little sister lived in Charleston from 1995-2009 ish. Was on the like 8 year plan at College of Charleston..
if she was on lithium then I may have dated her

(I dated all the 8+ year cofc girls on lithium)

Nope, she’s never been on lithium thankfully..at least I don’t think lol..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:49 pm My little sister lived in Charleston from 1995-2009 ish. Was on the like 8 year plan at College of Charleston..
My high school used to be right next door to CofC. We loved watching the college girls walk around in next to nothing (before the wearing sweats/PJs to class was a trend). Don't get me started on the sub bathing in Marion Square...amirite CID? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

What was her major? I have a legion of family and classmates that were at CofC from the late 80s to 2010s. :lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:02 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:49 pm My little sister lived in Charleston from 1995-2009 ish. Was on the like 8 year plan at College of Charleston..
My high school used to be right next door to CofC. We loved watching the college girls walk around in next to nothing (before the wearing sweats/PJs to class was a trend). Don't get me started on the sub bathing in Marion Square...amirite CID? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

What was her major? I have a legion of family and classmates that were at CofC from the late 80s to 2010s. :lol:
Is this sun bathing but on a sub?
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:57 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:02 am

Is this sun bathing but on a sub?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:

Remember it was the twin cunt brothers Kwadjo Campbell and Wendell Gailliard who crusaded against the white girls getting a tan in Marion Square

I wish those motherfuckers were still prominent so #metoo could fuck them right up the shit pipe

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:20 am
Ibanez wrote:

Remember it was the twin cunt brothers Kwadjo Campbell and Wendell Gailliard who crusaded against the white girls getting a tan in Marion Square

I wish those motherfuckers were still prominent so #metoo could fuck them right up the shit pipe

I hadn't thought of Kwadjo in a COONS age.

I believe Gaillard is still in office (meanwhile, we can all guess who his slave owners were.)

That's one thing I always laugh at - all the blacks in Charleston that protest against whites while being named Ravenel, Middleton, Drayton, Gaillard, Pinckney, etc...
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Pug Ravenel: former Harvard FB player. 5’9” slow white QB.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:17 am Pug Ravenel: former Harvard FB player. 5’9” slow white QB.

He died a couple of years ago. He's kin to "Thug" Ravenel

https://deadline.com/2019/09/former-sou ... 202732223/
Former Southern Charm star Thomas Ravenel pleaded guilty today to third-degree assault and battery in a Charleston County, SC, courtroom, agreeing to a $500 fine and a 30-day suspended jail sentence. He will be on probation in lieu of jail time.

Ravenel was removed from the Bravo TV show in the wake of rape allegations by Dawn Ledwell, his children’s nanny. She filed a police report against him in June 2018 after hearing of other sexual assault allegations made against him. He was arrested in September 2018.

Ravenel also has been accused in a separate sexual assault accusation from a woman he met on Tinder in 2015. Ravenel settled with that woman for $200,000 and had her sign a non-disclosure agreement, but the woman’s daughter brought up the allegations online.

Ravenel served as South Carolina state treasurer for six months in 2007 before being indicted on federal cocaine distribution charges. He resigned in July 2007 and was sentenced to 10 months in federal prison for the charges in March 2008.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:17 am Pug Ravenel: former Harvard FB player. 5’9” slow white QB.

He died a couple of years ago. He's kin to "Thug" Ravenel

https://deadline.com/2019/09/former-sou ... 202732223/
Former Southern Charm star Thomas Ravenel pleaded guilty today to third-degree assault and battery in a Charleston County, SC, courtroom, agreeing to a $500 fine and a 30-day suspended jail sentence. He will be on probation in lieu of jail time.

Ravenel was removed from the Bravo TV show in the wake of rape allegations by Dawn Ledwell, his children’s nanny. She filed a police report against him in June 2018 after hearing of other sexual assault allegations made against him. He was arrested in September 2018.

Ravenel also has been accused in a separate sexual assault accusation from a woman he met on Tinder in 2015. Ravenel settled with that woman for $200,000 and had her sign a non-disclosure agreement, but the woman’s daughter brought up the allegations online.

Ravenel served as South Carolina state treasurer for six months in 2007 before being indicted on federal cocaine distribution charges. He resigned in July 2007 and was sentenced to 10 months in federal prison for the charges in March 2008.
Thomas is a scumbag and always has been

We should take his fucking ring but unfortunately that old rule has been dead for decades

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

A couple of small government Republicans agree with at least part of my premise...

https://crosscut.com/2020/04/saving-was ... lying-feds
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:37 am A couple of small government Republicans agree with at least part of my premise...

Read more carefully. The author refers to himself as a conservative in the past tense (“for decades, I railed against big government”). The biographical blurb at the end refers to him as the head of a centrist political action committee. He’s a convert to the new statist age.

It must be nice to be able to print money without limit.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:48 am
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:37 am A couple of small government Republicans agree with at least part of my premise...

Read more carefully. The author refers to himself as a conservative in the past tense (“for decades, I railed against big government”). The biographical blurb at the end refers to him as the head of a centrist political action committee. He’s a convert to the new statist age.

Former chair of the state republican party. Statism is a blanket threat but has its advantages in times of crisis was the whole point.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:48 am Read more carefully. The author refers to himself as a conservative in the past tense (“for decades, I railed against big government”). The biographical blurb at the end refers to him as the head of a centrist political action committee. He’s a convert to the new statist age.

Former chair of the state republican party. Statism is a blanket threat but has its advantages in times of crisis was the whole point.
I think the point is that you have common ground (some) with a centrist Republican. Not a small government Republican. I’m actually not sure those exist

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:44 am
kalm wrote:
I think the point is that you have common ground (some) with a centrist Republican. Not a small government Republican. I’m actually not sure those exist

I'm OK with that in specific instances such as now. It's similar to the Keynesianism in times of crisis idea. The question going forward is the necessity of using a scalpel in scaling back. We're right now witnessing how capable each state is without national leadership and coordination. Perhaps the states and private industry will prove to be just as effective. I haven't ruled that out.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:57 am
CID1990 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:44 am

I'm OK with that in specific instances such as now. It's similar to the Keynesianism in times of crisis idea. The question going forward is the necessity of using a scalpel in scaling back. We're right now witnessing how capable each state is without national leadership and coordination. Perhaps the states and private industry will prove to be just as effective. I haven't ruled that out.
Neither did Massie and Amash, and look what happened to them.