CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: China

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:09 pm The PLA regularly sends their people into the US as researchers under cover stories

Finally we are starting to crack down on this shit

Over/under until racism is the cause?

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/20 ... consulate/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First Houston, next SFO. Close ‘em all down! :protesst:
LAWL

They set the dang Houston consulate on fire they were burning so many docs

That place was nothing but a spy nest - literally - Chinese consulates to zero diplomacy and very little citizens’ services. They are there to run their assets, most of whom are Chinese college students on visas, and American traitors

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

The Red Chunks have ordered the shutdown of the US consulate in Chengdu. Typical ChiCoont retaliatory move. I loved Pompeo’s speech the other day. Keep the pressure on!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:52 am The Red Chunks have ordered the shutdown of the US consulate in Chengdu. Typical ChiCoont retaliatory move. I loved Pompeo’s speech the other day. Keep the pressure on!
1) Economic and social unrest
2) Distrust of both governments
3) Increasingly aggressive economic moves by both the US and China
4) A break down of diplomatic relations

What's the over/under on military actions between the US and China? By the end of the decade?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:52 am The Red Chunks have ordered the shutdown of the US consulate in Chengdu. Typical ChiCoont retaliatory move. I loved Pompeo’s speech the other day. Keep the pressure on!

What's the over/under on military actions between the US and China? By the end of the decade?
Low. China may try something in the South Sea but we will be smart to just let them continue alienating the rest of the world for now.

And the Chinese are nowhere close to ready for a full on maritime conflict with us and they know it.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:54 pm
Ibanez wrote:

Low. China may try something in the South Sea but we will be smart to just let them continue alienating the rest of the world for now.

And the Chinese are nowhere close to ready for a full on maritime conflict with us and they know it.

So the risk with Trump is that he doesn't just let them continue alienating the rest of the world. And the risk with Biden is he roles back the tariffs and returns to enabling the aggressive behavior. Seems like a possible lose-lose.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: 1) Economic and social unrest

Where does our Child in Chief fit into your calculations?

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:54 pm Low. China may try something in the South Sea but we will be smart to just let them continue alienating the rest of the world for now.

So the risk with Trump is that he doesn't just let them continue alienating the rest of the world. And the risk with Biden is he roles back the tariffs and returns to enabling the aggressive behavior. Seems like a possible lose-lose.
Yes. Our China policy could once again be a rudderless ship very soon

In fact it seems likely

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Low. China may try something in the South Sea but we will be smart to just let them continue alienating the rest of the world for now.

Where does our Child in Chief fit into your calculations?

I think we’ll be OK though Trump is unpredictable

But his weapons of choice when it comes to China are purely financial. Hopefully he is listening (for once) to his foreign policy staff

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:48 pm
Ibanez wrote: Where does our Child in Chief fit into your calculations?

But his weapons of choice when it comes to China are purely financial. Hopefully he is listening (for once) to his foreign policy staff

I'm all for having it out with China sooner rather than later but doing it with this admin in place is a certain loss; given Trump's purely transactional nature China would just buy him. He could at last be a real billionaire.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

They find a legit issue, at last.......now what could we do to make it help a floundering candidate.....if only there were some way to get the public to rally around the President.......them Chinamen better not be disrespecin maritime law in the South China Sea like them Vietnamese chinamen did in the Gulf of Tonkin.... :suspicious:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:09 am
CID1990 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:48 pm

I'm all for having it out with China sooner rather than later but doing it with this admin in place is a certain loss; given Trump's purely transactional nature China would just buy him. He could at last be a real billionaire.
I disagree. If anything ever went hot with China, Trump would be one of the few politicians willing to do whatever is necessary to win. Just look how he bitch slapped Iran and the ruskies in Syria.

That said, I hope we never have to go to war with China but it it likely inevitable in our future.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Apparently mystery seeds from China are showing up at people's doors. So far seen mostly in Virginia, Utah, and Louisiana, as well as the UK.

Obviously people are being told not to plant them.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:16 am Apparently mystery seeds from China are showing up at people's doors. So far seen mostly in Virginia, Utah, and Louisiana, as well as the UK.

So even Tripz is now hopping aboard the stop-China bandwagon?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:Apparently mystery seeds from China are showing up at people's doors. So far seen mostly in Virginia, Utah, and Louisiana, as well as the UK.

Just what we need... a bunch of these guys:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:16 am Apparently mystery seeds from China are showing up at people's doors. So far seen mostly in Virginia, Utah, and Louisiana, as well as the UK.

I've been covertly planting mine on federal courthouse property. ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:24 am
They find a legit issue, at last.......now what could we do to make it help a floundering candidate.....if only there were some way to get the public to rally around the President.......them Chinamen better not be disrespecin maritime law in the South China Sea like them Vietnamese chinamen did in the Gulf of Tonkin.... :suspicious:
You’re right. We should just keep using the appeasement approach. It’s worked so well in our own country with the ctrl left. I mean, look at the shining examples of Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Atlanta, New York, etc.... bastions of love and kumbaya.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

The Chinese 50 Cent army on Twitter is literally getting beaten to death on Twitter. One of them will pop up and talk about how closing the Chengdu consulate will cause pain for the US and then literally a global beat down ensues... it is heartwarming to finally see the world agreeing on something.

As for pain, think of it like this: close down Chengdu... you shut down 20% of Chinese student visas ... painful for somebody, indeed
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:30 am

I've been covertly planting mine on federal courthouse property. ;)
:lol: :notworthy:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:17 pm The Chinese 50 Cent army on Twitter is literally getting beaten to death on Twitter. One of them will pop up and talk about how closing the Chengdu consulate will cause pain for the US and then literally a global beat down ensues... it is heartwarming to finally see the world agreeing on something.

As for pain, think of it like this: close down Chengdu... you shut down 20% of Chinese student visas ... painful for somebody, indeed
Those universities that are dependent on that Chinese student tuition (looking at you UC system) will surely be pissed. Oh wells...
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:15 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:09 am

I disagree. If anything ever went hot with China, Trump would be one of the few politicians willing to do whatever is necessary to win. Just look how he bitch slapped Iran and the ruskies in Syria.

That said, I hope we never have to go to war with China but it it likely inevitable in our future.
Thats my point - it won't get hot with China when all they have to do is pay him off. If they agree to match his revenue from golfing he could, at last, become an actual billionaire :shock:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:47 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:24 am

You’re right. We should just keep using the appeasement approach. It’s worked so well in our own country with the ctrl left. I mean, look at the shining examples of Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Atlanta, New York, etc.... bastions of love and kumbaya.
Yeah, Nixon fucked up on that one, but it may get lardass reelected. :coffee:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ivytalk wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:36 am

No. I have plenty of issues with China, and their human right issues are atrocious, but I'm against closing relationships with any country. And it's not like the US is some beacon of freedom either. Plus Americans are plenty to blame in looking the other way in order to chase the almighty dollar. This US-China relationship is toxic, but everywhere has played a role in making it that way.

Problems can be fixed through diplomacy and cultural exchange, not military and shutting doors. The people of China - like the vast majority of people in the world - are good people. Both our governments, and corporate/state capitalism, are the issue.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

China

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:

No. I have plenty of issues with China, and their human right issues are atrocious, but I'm against closing relationships with any country. And it's not like the US is some beacon of freedom either.

Problems can be fixed through diplomacy and cultural exchange, not the military and closing doors. The people of China - like people of the entire world - are good people. The government is the issue.
So what diplomacy would you suggest, Mr. Acheson?

Our policy towards China since Nixon has been to open ourselves and world markets up to them completely. This one-sided approach, where China gives up nothing, is what has empowered the CCP. Diplomacy involves giving countries what they want in return for what you want.

So in this case, what China wants is the status quo and what we want is for them to start acting like responsible world citizens (stop stealing, encroaching, bullying, concentration camping... you know... stop being Nazi Germany ... psst- don’t take that bait, BTW)

What we are doing right now literally IS diplomacy and it is the first time since WWII we have used it with them. And we aren’t even beating the military drum.

You don’t like diplomacy and you don’t like war so maybe you should sit this one out.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:10 am

No. I have plenty of issues with China, and their human right issues are atrocious, but I'm against closing relationships with any country. And it's not like the US is some beacon of freedom either. Plus Americans are plenty to blame in looking the other way in order to chase the almighty dollar. This US-China relationship is toxic, but everywhere has played a role in making it that way.

Problems can be fixed through diplomacy and cultural exchange, not military and shutting doors. The people of China - like the vast majority of people in the world - are good people. Both our governments, and corporate/state capitalism, are the issue.
We’ve tried “diplomacy and culture” for about 50 years now. That’s gotten us here. Taking your approach is the definition of stupidity.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12