Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:58 pm There's always a conspiracy theory:

The comments are a fun read.

It’s just refreshing to to be distracted by something else.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Someone went to the Spanos school of facial recognition.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:58 pm There's always a conspiracy theory:

We must have read different comments

I saw a bunch of people believing it

It was like a Jelly Convention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:49 am
kalm wrote:

We must have read different comments

I saw a bunch of people believing it

It was like a Jelly Convention

Perhaps. I saw poor English skills (You know how much I appreciate that) and funny Target comments.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Pwns wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:11 pm Complete POS

[twitter][/twitter]
That would be you.

:nod:

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... e_taps_top

Liberals are really going to try the "why don't police do that much against white protestors" nonsense? :lol:

Anyone remember the March for Life, Tea Party, and Lockdown protests that resulted in entire blocks getting burned? Me, neither.
Last edited by Pwns on Fri May 29, 2020 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celebrate Diversity.*
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Pwns wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:11 am https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... e_taps_top

Liberals are really going to try the "why don't police do that much against black protestors" nonsense? :lol:

Anyone remember the March for Life, Tea Party, and Lockdown protests that resulted in entire blocks getting burned? Me, neither.
White people have something to lose. :nod:

Go Black Bears!
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

mainejeff wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:12 am
Pwns wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:11 am https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... e_taps_top

Liberals are really going to try the "why don't police do that much against black protestors" nonsense? :lol:

In the past I would have been on the other side but at this point - I'm with you on it.

What's left to try to get something done? Republicans already despise non white christians. Police policies are created, largely, by that group. The enforcement of said policies are done largely by that group.

They get killed for running through neighborhoods and looking at houses under construction. Cops choke them to death while filmed with no repercussions. Black and Mexican reporters live on television are arrested while the white reporter across the street is ignored by police.

Silent protests do nothing.
Marching for change does nothing
Trying to get laws/policies changed does nothing

I don't condone burning businesses to the ground. I don't condone looting. HOWEVER, at this point? I fucking get it.
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

That would explain stealing flat-screen TVs and destroying businesses that don't have any connection with the Minneapolis PD.
Celebrate Diversity.*
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

What's the hold up with getting any of these ex-cops arrested? I don't understand why we need to wait days, if not weeks, after seeing that video and at the bare minimum the guy who had the knee on the neck. Why isn't that enough to make an arrest? You don't need to have the charges perfect at that point, but you should at least give a nod towards doing the right thing by arresting and processing these guys. The protestors are right, if this happened on the street by anyone else they would've been arrested on the spot - why are these cops being given any more courtesy than that?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Reports are that the murder has fled Minnesota
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Pwns wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:35 am Someone went to the Spanos school of facial recognition.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

clenz wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:44 am Reports are that the murder has fled Minnesota
All the more reason to arrest him then, wherever he is. If I'm a black protestor in Minneapolis, of course it would piss the hell out of me that a white cop everyone saw, who spent 10 minutes literally squeezing the life out of a defenseless and handcuffed black guy until he killed him, has gotten to have a several days head start going wherever he's going. All this knowing that a common person on the street, especially a Black guy, who was filmed doing exactly what this ex-cop did would have, at a minimum, already been walked through a police station and mug shot and fingerprinted and released on bail, if not still rotting in a city jail because they weren't given bail or couldn't raise it. You don't need a perfect case and perfect charges at this point in time, arrest the guy, process him, and at least get the ball rolling. What the hell is wrong in Minneapolis that they couldn't have already done this? What the hell is wrong with the feds that have jumped in that they couldn't have done this?
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Anyone heard from MPLSbison?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

clenz wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:18 am
In the past I would have been on the other side but at this point - I'm with you on it.

What's left to try to get something done? Republicans already despise non white christians. Police policies are created, largely, by that group. The enforcement of said policies are done largely by that group.

They get killed for running through neighborhoods and looking at houses under construction. Cops choke them to death while filmed with no repercussions. Black and Mexican reporters live on television are arrested while the white reporter across the street is ignored by police.

I don't condone burning businesses to the ground. I don't condone looting. HOWEVER, at this point? I fucking get it.
Obama was in office for 8 years and offered zero substantive ideas. The problem with any social justice person-minded person trying to mentally parse the issue is that you have to complain that police exams and the requirements are racist while also complaining cops are blockheads who need more rigorous training.

Body cams were a step in the right direction, but you could also probably looking at changing the rules of engagement and changing how officers are held accountable. What's definitely not going to do damn thing is to make it a racial issue and destroying businesses that have no control over policy.
Celebrate Diversity.*
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

clenz wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:18 am Marching for change does nothing
There are some that might disagree with you.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

andy7171 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:57 am Anyone heard from MPLSbison?
He’s holed up with D1B.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:21 am

That would explain stealing flat-screen TVs and destroying businesses that don't have any connection with the Minneapolis PD.
What a little cunt. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:10 am
clenz wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:18 am

Obama was in office for 8 years and offered zero substantive ideas. The problem with any social justice person-minded person trying to mentally parse the issue is that you have to complain that police exams and the requirements are racist while also complaining cops are blockheads who need more rigorous training.

Body cams were a step in the right direction, but you could also probably looking at changing the rules of engagement and changing how officers are held accountable. What's definitely not going to do damn thing is to make it a racial issue and destroying businesses that have no control over policy.

Yeah, no racial issues here. :roll:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:What's the hold up with getting any of these ex-cops arrested? I don't understand why we need to wait days, if not weeks, after seeing that video and at the bare minimum the guy who had the knee on the neck. Why isn't that enough to make an arrest? You don't need to have the charges perfect at that point, but you should at least give a nod towards doing the right thing by arresting and processing these guys. The protestors are right, if this happened on the street by anyone else they would've been arrested on the spot - why are these cops being given any more courtesy than that?
Unions.

They are powerful, have very good lawyers, and they protect bad cops, bad teachers, and lazy widget makers

Some poor idiot prosecutor is trying to
make a case on this as we speak, and the FOP lawyers are already buggering him up the ass

It really isn’t that hard to figure out

Maybe we need a “rubber room” for union cops like NY did for teachers

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:38 am
GannonFan wrote:What's the hold up with getting any of these ex-cops arrested? I don't understand why we need to wait days, if not weeks, after seeing that video and at the bare minimum the guy who had the knee on the neck. Why isn't that enough to make an arrest? You don't need to have the charges perfect at that point, but you should at least give a nod towards doing the right thing by arresting and processing these guys. The protestors are right, if this happened on the street by anyone else they would've been arrested on the spot - why are these cops being given any more courtesy than that?
Unions.

They are powerful, have very good lawyers, and they protect bad cops, bad teachers, and lazy widget makers

Some poor idiot prosecutor is trying to
make a case on this as we speak, and the FOP lawyers are already buggering him up the ass

It really isn’t that hard to figure out

Maybe we need a “rubber room” for union cops like NY did for teachers

I get it that when this goes to trial you're going to need to have your ducks in a row to make sure the case is solid, but what does that have to do about arresting the guy and processing him and releasing him on bail? There's every indication that this guy did something wrong, a person died as a result, arrest him on a charge and then adjust from there. And if it is the union and if other cops are perfectly okay standing shoulder to shoulder with this guy and saying that he can't be arrested after that video until there's more investigation then it just makes it even more clearer that law enforcement in this country is in a bad spot.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:39 am What's the hold up with getting any of these ex-cops arrested? I don't understand why we need to wait days, if not weeks, after seeing that video and at the bare minimum the guy who had the knee on the neck. Why isn't that enough to make an arrest? You don't need to have the charges perfect at that point, but you should at least give a nod towards doing the right thing by arresting and processing these guys. The protestors are right, if this happened on the street by anyone else they would've been arrested on the spot - why are these cops being given any more courtesy than that?
This.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:23 pm
So they are doing what cops used to do but not getting paid for it?

Got it.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:40 pm Maybe this will be the moment Trump steps up to heal the racial divisions of the country.
He cant fix all of Obamas problems at once, you guys are too busy making shit up and lying about him all the time. Takes away from him running the country.

But yes I hope he sends the military to shoot on sight everyone committing a crime and send a message.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe