Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:42 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:38 pm

Mayors said out of state, but no proof yet.
Nevermind, I saw where Baldy posted that Fox 9 Minneapolis said 38 of 45 had Minnesota addresses, the opposite of what the mayor said. So someone is peddling fake news.
It's that noted homophobe, Joy Reid from NBC.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

God I CAN’T WAIT for the debate over whether the paid protesters were Nazis or Leninists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:39 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:24 am
They were on a porch, on their own property, with an entire plot of private land between them and the cops.

There was ZERO reason to shoot a gas canister at them, besides a power-trip fantasy the cops can jerk off to later that night. While not as serious as murder, cops acting as extrajudicial arbiters is the reason black people (and minorities) are completely fed up.

All the cops involved should be immediately fired and fully prosecuted for assault.
Minneapolis residents were told to stay in their homes. Zero tolerance last night.
Bullshit.

https://dps.mn.gov/macc/Pages/faq.aspx

Can I be outside my house (on my property) after 8 p.m. and before 6 a.m.?
Yes.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Mrs. Ivy and I have been doing our weekly devotional online since Covid closed the churches. For the past few weeks, we have gone on YouTube to hear the black pastor of Centurion Interdenominational Church in Fort Monroe, VA, which we have attended several times when visiting our daughter and SIL. He always has a strong, Bible-centric message, and this week was no exception. Addressing the turmoil of this past week, Pastor Lucious Morton contends that America’s true problem is not an imperfect justice system, or substandard laws, or weak leadership, but individual sin. All of us are racists to some degree or another. He notes that we need God (and Jesus) to fix our hearts before we can fix the system. Otherwise, we are just self-satisfied “hearers” of the Word, when we should be “doers,” who give assistance to the least among us. Only then can America truly be a “city on a hill.” The Pastor’s selected text is James 1:19-27, which is worth reading on its own.

I encourage anyone interested to view Pastor Morton’s preaching on YouTube, under Centurion interdenominational Church. Always thought-provoking, and he has something to tell everyone of faith — and also people who profess no faith. I’m no Biblical scholar, and I’ve never considered myself a strong believer, but this man has a message worth hearing. It’s half an hour well spent.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Vidav wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:45 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:39 am

Minneapolis residents were told to stay in their homes. Zero tolerance last night.
Bullshit.

Yes.
So it's ok to disobey government and distract law enforcement that is fighting civic unrest, looting and rioting?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:53 pm
Ibanez wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:40 pmTell me how destroying hotels, banks, grocery stories furthers the cause for racial equality. Protesting the murder of this guy is understandable. Being angry is understandable.

Protesting injustice by destroying your neighborhood and companies that have no involvement turns yourself struggle for equality and justice into a farce.
The exploitation of people through capitalism is part of the injustice. Capitalism and inequality are explicitly tied together.
Saw the Mayor of Atlanta's speech from the other day. Basically said about half of the commercial/entertainment area in downtown Atlanta that was looted is about 50% black owned. Black, not minority or people of color, black. So these black business owners have been exploiting too, or is that language only reserved for white business owners?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:52 am God I CAN’T WAIT for the debate over whether the paid protesters were Nazis or Leninists

The Left is already putting out the narratives that it was the "far right". Good luck with that. :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:36 am
CID1990 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:52 am God I CAN’T WAIT for the debate over whether the paid protesters were Nazis or Leninists

The Left is already putting out the narratives that it was the "far right". Good luck with that. :lol:
I know. I love the argument that it wasn't exactly how Antifa operates, instead it was a false flag operation masterminded by white nationalists! :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Yeah, the left is going to go with the False Flag narrative. No-one outside the far left is going to believe them. These rioters are going to guarantee Trumps re election. How ironic..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

#Winning.
Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:55 am
mainejeff wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:43 am Stay inside your home to help stop the spread of the virus.....MAGA - No fucking way!

Stay in side your home or risk being shot by the cops.....MAGA - Yes sir!

This all starts at the top.....and at the top we have a big heaping pile of orange shit.

:coffee:
"Light 'em up!" - law enforcement talking about Americans doing nothing on their own property in the US.

Conservatives:
Go Black Bears!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:37 pm
kalm wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:21 pm

When did I say he was middle of the road here?
Nothing new here. It's not the first time cons see what they want to see.

You'd think a bunch of Constitutionalists would support Americans risking bodily harm and a deadly virus in order to send a message to the governments which continually murder them; it shows you the tree of liberty is alive and well.

But we know the reason they won't support it. Send out the troops...those people deserve it. :coffee:
Whifffffff
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html

It's Trump's fault Black Lives Matter and Antifa Goons vandalize the CNN Center. :dunce:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:07 am
Vidav wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:45 am

Bullshit.

Yes.
So it's ok to disobey government and distract law enforcement that is fighting civic unrest, looting and rioting?
According to the government website I linked you are not disobeying to be outside after 8pm as long as you are on your own property. That is what you were arguing about, saying people had to be inside their homes. That is a flat out lie. That is the only point I was making.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:48 am

I know. I love the argument that it wasn't exactly how Antifa operates, instead it was a false flag operation masterminded by white nationalists! :lol:
Pure delusion. :nod:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

LA's mayor asked Gov Newsom for an emergency order last night and got it. Emergency order was expanded to all of LA County. National Guard moving in today.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Lol. Another empty tweet. But, his Red Hats will lap that up.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Vidav wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:01 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:07 am
According to the government website I linked you are not disobeying to be outside after 8pm as long as you are on your own property. That is what you were arguing about, saying people had to be inside their homes. That is a flat out lie. That is the only point I was making.
You left out some of the info ...
Yes. You can be on your porch, yard, patio, etc., but if a law enforcement officer or other public safety official asks you to go inside, or take any other action, you must follow the instruction.
Could they be on their porch or deck? Yes. Should they have gone inside when told to? Yes. Was firing on them the appropriate response when they didn't go inside? Probably not but the officers/guard involved should receive the same benefit of the doubt and due process that everyone is entitled to (and that was denied to George Floyd). Why are some so upset that due process is denied to some African Americans but so willing to deny it to LEOs and others in positions of authority?

Rather than swinging the pendulum of inequality and justice back and forth why don't we try to get it to settle where there is equality and justice for all?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Hey Trip, go tell this lady that those local businesses were exploiting her. It'll cheer her up.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:09 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:40 pm

MPD Chief said everybody arrested last night was from out of town. These riots have been a godsend for the cops.
Oops....

Jail records show most arrested in Minneapolis riots have Minnesota addresses
MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - The overwhelming majority of people arrested in connection with the Minneapolis unrest have Minnesota addresses, a search of the online Hennepin County Jail log shows.

Of the 45 people arrested for rioting, unlawful assembly, stolen property, burglary or robbery on May 29 and May 30 so far, 38 had Minnesota addresses, according to publicly available jail records reviewed by FOX 9.
Oh well, there goes that narrative. :coffee:

You do realize that it is possible to have a Minnesota address and be from out-of-town? I think I see part of your problem. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

UNI88 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:41 pm
Vidav wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:01 pm

You left out some of the info ...
Yes. You can be on your porch, yard, patio, etc., but if a law enforcement officer or other public safety official asks you to go inside, or take any other action, you must follow the instruction.
Could they be on their porch or deck? Yes. Should they have gone inside when told to? Yes. Was firing on them the appropriate response when they didn't go inside? Probably not but the officers/guard involved should receive the same benefit of the doubt and due process that everyone is entitled to (and that was denied to George Floyd). Why are some so upset that due process is denied to some African Americans but so willing to deny it to LEOs and others in positions of authority?

Rather than swinging the pendulum of inequality and justice back and forth why don't we try to get it to settle where there is equality and justice for all?
Thank you for pointing that part out. I fully admit I missed it. My point still stands though that Gil saying you weren't allowed outside your house was wrong. You just had to listen if you were told to go inside.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Including the MPD :lol:

Everybody's getting a piece of the action

Everybody saw
what he done
arrest that pig
for murder one :kisswink:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Its clear that everybody except residents benefits from the riots.

The anarchists and the accelerationists get an opportunity to do their thing and the cops get the benefit of having the narrative changed to property damage by looters and away from executions by killer cops. Its win/win/win/lose and thats probably as good as an anarchist or accelerationist or a killer cop can expect from the situation.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.