Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Political discussions
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:18 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:15 pm Somewhere on Reddit there's a running compilation of blatant police abuse/freak-outs caught on tape during the protests.

Last time I saw it posted, it was closing in at 500 videos. Literally hours worth.
Actually that’s quite few considering the depth and breadth of riots going on across the country/world.
You think 500 videos of police abuse is a small number? And those are just the ones caught on tape and posted so far?

That line of thinking is why we need more protests.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:19 pm You think 500 videos of police abuse is a small number? And those are just the ones caught on tape and posted so far?

That line of thinking is why we need more protests.
Not every “freak out” is unjustified. I’ve seen many that are fully justified. And I’ve seen many videos where a lesser man/woman cop would have fucking come unglued on some moron all up in their face.

And I do think it’s low relative to the # of people/idiots/rioters they’re coming into contact with. I’m not excusing the actions, just surprised the # isn’t higher.
Last edited by AZGrizFan on Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Chizzang wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:13 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:09 pm

Dude, you couldn't knee your way out of a wet paper bag. Now if it was AZ, that would be different. You ever watch UFC?

You doubt the coroner's report?
Do you - or do you not - accept the challenge
you will be handcuffed and laid face down
I will then place my knee on the back of your neck for 9 minutes

then you can go on with whatever else you were doing

agreed or no..?
Like anyone would agree to that. :lol:

How about we make a bet on the outcome of this instead. You declaring racism and I'm declaring they will claim it was in response to an overdose and they were trying to restrain him until emergency medical services arrived.

You are saying the coroner lied then?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:22 pm
Chizzang wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:13 pm

Do you - or do you not - accept the challenge
you will be handcuffed and laid face down
I will then place my knee on the back of your neck for 9 minutes

then you can go on with whatever else you were doing

agreed or no..?

How about we make a bet on the outcome of this instead. You declaring racism and I'm declaring they will claim it was in response to an overdose and they were trying to restrain him until emergency medical services arrived.

Well no shit, Sherlock. That’s the only prayer in hell those cops have at this point...banking on the medical examiner’s report of drugs in his system....unfortunately the videos (multiple) do not show him struggling or resisting arrest....
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:15 pm Somewhere on Reddit there's a running compilation of blatant police abuse/freak-outs caught on tape during the protests.

Last time I saw it posted, it was closing in at 500 videos. Literally hours worth.
when its all over you will quite literally have to be blind or stupid (or both blind and stupid) to have not seen enough evidence of "police issues"
to at least entertain the idea that we need an overhaul of some kind

if you ever mentioned that our "education system" was broken on this site anywhere
you must then concede that our police system is broken as well

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Chizzang wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:28 pm

when its all over you will quite literally have to be blind or stupid (or both blind and stupid) to have not seen enough evidence of "police issues"
to at least entertain the idea that we need an overhaul of some kind

if you ever mentioned that our "education system" was broken on this site anywhere
you must then concede that our police system is broken as well

:coffee:
Yup, plus the quality of education is closely tied to the quality of police systems.

I mean education is essentially tied to everything; there's a reason research shows it's the best investment a society can make.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:16 pm Interesting article. Not sure any of this was happening until bodycam coverage is released but at this point, Floyd could have been subdued to prevent him from dying before medical transport arrived. This would answer my question as to why four cops would "kill" a man in broad daylight.
The Western Journal of Emergency Medicine says that “Excited delirium is characterized by agitation, aggression, acute distress and sudden death, often in the pre-hospital care setting. It is typically associated with the use of drugs Subjects typically die from a heart attack and the majority of the patients die before hospital arrival.”

“All accounts describe almost the exact same sequence of events: delirium with agitation (fear, panic, shouting, violence and hyperactivity), sudden cessation of struggle, respiratory arrest and death.”
https://www.lawofficer.com/minneapolis-disaster/
According to the CDC, Floyd died of the Coronavirus.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:26 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:22 pm

Well no shit, Sherlock. That’s the only prayer in hell those cops have at this point...banking on the medical examiner’s report of drugs in his system....unfortunately the videos (multiple) do not show him struggling or resisting arrest....
That's why I said bodycam video will be key because I've only seen Floyd pretty much go limp, which brought up my original question of how blatent it was.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:24 pm LAPD mass arresting folks violating curfew again. :clap:
Unfortunately they might be able to do that for the next riots. Garcetti has already pledged to cut 150 million from the LA PD budget.
Meanwhile, members of the Minneapolis City Council have pledged to "dismantle" the police dept. I sure other donk run big cities will follow suit.
All these top to bottom democrat run cities are going cause crime in their cities to skyrocket. Going to see a massive Ferguson effect. Going to be 1968 all over again. :nod:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Col Hogan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:59 pm Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

I love me some Shaun King, AKA:
Martin Luther Cream
Talcum X
Thurgood Partial
Tupac Sugar
Chaka Con
Snow J. Simpson
Cream Abdul Jabbar

and many others. :lol:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:34 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:16 pm Interesting article. Not sure any of this was happening until bodycam coverage is released but at this point, Floyd could have been subdued to prevent him from dying before medical transport arrived. This would answer my question as to why four cops would "kill" a man in broad daylight.

https://www.lawofficer.com/minneapolis-disaster/
According to the CDC, Floyd died of the Coronavirus.
Either that or a poorly made fake 20 dollar bill.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:07 am
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:34 pm
You mean to tell me the journalists and thousands of first hand accounts were telling the truth after all? Wait til BDK tells us how we should listen to the police instead...
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

The cops doing this shit need to be charged with assault.
‘Police just went nuts’: Charges dropped after video surfaces of police beating student, other protesters with batons

Prosecutors dismissed the charges against Evan Gorski, 21, an engineering student, after viewing the YouTube and Twitter videos, according to his attorney, R. Emmett Madden.

Madden said Thursday that he had been told by court personnel that Gorski was being held on allegations that he assaulted a police officer by pushing him off a bike, causing him to break a hand.

Eight seconds into the 36-second video, Gorski — with a ponytail and wearing the Eagles jersey — appears to reach in to separate an officer and a protester, and immediately retreats when another officer raises his baton.

That officer then strikes Gorski sharply on or near his head and tackles him, while another officer presses Gorski’s face to the pavement by placing his knee on the back of his head and neck. Madden said Gorski required medical treatment.

Police sources say that the baton-wielding officer is a high-ranking member of the force, Staff Inspector Joseph Bologna. He earns $126,339 a year, according to city payroll records. The sources said Bologna was taken off street duty Thursday evening after this article was published. He handed in his gun pending an investigation. He has not been charged with a crime or departmental violation.

Inspector Sekou Kinebrew, a police spokesperson, declined to comment Thursday on the circumstances of Gorski’s arrest, but said the incident is being investigated by the department’s Internal Affairs Division. “The propriety of the tactics employed will be included in that investigation,” Kinebrew said.

“The police were lying,” Madden said. “We had a protest against police brutality, and then police brutalize my client and try to frame him for a crime he didn’t commit.”

Gorski could not be reached Thursday.

A spokesperson for District Attorney Larry Krasner on Thursday evening said: “The video is concerning in more than one way. The District Attorney’s Office and District Attorney Krasner himself carefully reviewed the case presented by the police, other evidence, and then declined it.”

Matthew VanDyke, a former documentary filmmaker who captured footage of the clash, said protesters on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway had been peaceful, and that police started pushing them onto the Park Towne Place property.

“We didn’t even know where exactly they wanted us to go,” VanDyke said. “They just started beating people. It was a bizarre escalation of force that came out of nowhere. The police just went nuts.”
https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelp ... 3Dsharebar
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Holy shit that’s some fat cops.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Anybody noticing a commonality with the majority of the police departments with officers behaving this way?

The vast majority of them have public service union negotiated contracts, and it is next to impossible to fire or even transfer/discipline them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Col Hogan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:59 pm Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

You know it's bad for the DNC when fake black guy Shaun King gets red pilled. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Team Brown coming after the Marxists with a chainsaw and a hard "R".

For the record I don't condone the use of either.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:18 pm Anybody noticing a commonality with the majority of the police departments with officers behaving this way?

The vast majority of them have public service union negotiated contracts, and it is next to impossible to fire or even transfer/discipline them.

Yeah good luck with police reform and retaining their collective bargaining rights...

...and just like that the leftists are pitted against themselves in a lose-lose situation. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:47 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:24 pm LAPD mass arresting folks violating curfew again. :clap:
Unfortunately they might be able to do that for the next riots. Garcetti has already pledged to cut 150 million from the LA PD budget.
Meanwhile, members of the Minneapolis City Council have pledged to "dismantle" the police dept. I sure other donk run big cities will follow suit.
All these top to bottom democrat run cities are going cause crime in their cities to skyrocket. Going to see a massive Ferguson effect. Going to be 1968 all over again. :nod:
I'm still trying to see how the "disband the Minneapolis PD" movement works out. Will the public be cool with roving bands of Somali's implementing their own "law"?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:47 pm Unfortunately they might be able to do that for the next riots. Garcetti has already pledged to cut 150 million from the LA PD budget.
I'm still trying to see how the "disband the Minneapolis PD" movement works out. Will the public be cool with roving bands of Somali's implementing their own "law"?
The problem with the disband and defund push is that it most negatively affects poor and minority communities. They are the biggest consumers of routine police services and in spite of appearances, most people in those areas have productive relationships with their police departments.

I saw an article yesterday by Corey Brooks, a southside Chicago pastor, talking about this very thing. I’ve looked and can’t find it. Think it was in the Tribune

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:33 pm
SDHornet wrote:
The problem with the disband and defund push is that it most negatively affects poor and minority communities. They are the biggest consumers of routine police services and in spite of appearances, most people in those areas have productive relationships with their police departments.

I saw an article yesterday by Corey Brooks, a southside Chicago pastor, talking about this very thing. I’ve looked and can’t find it. Think it was in the Tribune

Can a PD even be "disbanded"?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:27 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:58 am Hey everyone! This is a great day for George Floyd!

Thought you should know.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BDK will never see it on One America, so here it is especially for him (regarding unemployment going down today):

"Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that’s happening for our country. This is a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody. This is a great day for everybody. This is a great, great day in terms of equality." - President Dumbass
:lol:

We can tell where Trip gets his "news".

Trump mangled it as he usually does, but that isn't even close to what he said. Not even in the same universe.

It's getting easier to see why you are a lost cause.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:33 pm The problem with the disband and defund push is that it most negatively affects poor and minority communities. They are the biggest consumers of routine police services and in spite of appearances, most people in those areas have productive relationships with their police departments.

Can a PD even be "disbanded"?
Yes.

Its been done. It has happened a lot in states with strong sheriff systems

Mostly small cities and towns that have hardships with the costs. But in all those cases, the county sheriff’s office takes over LE duties, so there are still police.

Camden NJ didn’t disband their PD, but they fired all the officers and started over from scratch with a new contract (No appreciable effect on their crime rate, but relationships with the community are improved)

The disband movement is really just all talk. The politicians will blow a bunch of hot air, they’ll be supported by people who don’t think things through very carefully. Then it will go away with the hiring of another minority gay female police chief. And then we’ll wait for the next incident where nobody blames the mayor ir the chief