Political discussions
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by Gil Dobie »

andy7171 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:59 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:55 am If this is true, she should not be VP. Helping rioters and looters get out of jail.

What do you mean IF? It was a story back then. Sometimes I wonder if I a the only person with a memory of over 8 months.
No comprende that she doesn't belong in Washington?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:04 pm Chauvin gets 22.5 years. That seems a bit odd to me. I would have thought either life or execution. I suppose those don't fit the charge, but more what he SHOULD have been charged with. That video looked like flat out murder to me....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/miss-him-geo ... 50888.html
Snuff flick
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:39 pm
andy7171 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:59 am
What do you mean IF? It was a story back then. Sometimes I wonder if I a the only person with a memory of over 8 months.
I don't think that's what people are asking. They're wondering why you're bringing this up now when it was discussed last year. I know 89 and I pointed out something similar for Maxine Waters.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:30 pm

I don't think that's what people are asking. They're wondering why you're bringing this up now when it was discussed last year. I know 89 and I pointed out something similar for Maxine Waters.
It appears we have a plethora of BDKKK's trying their best at BDKKKing this meme. The only thing missing is the amateur links he post. I guess I'll quit bashing the VP.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I'm not sure why Gil was posting old news about Carmelo Harris supporting bail for criminals. The current news is that one of their bailees was charged with murder a few days back, right after being released. This will be Willie Horton'ed by the GOP for sure. Just more bad news for Biden//Harris. Drip, drip, drip:
Minnesota man freed by Kamala Harris-supported bail fund now charged with murder

Howard had been out on $11,500 bond in connection with a domestic assault case since Aug. 6, court records show. That’s when the Minnesota Freedom Fund bailed him out.

On Aug. 29, he was charged with two counts of second-degree murder in connection with the interstate shooting.

The Minnesota Freedom Fund tweeted Friday admitting to its role putting Howard back on the streets. On Tuesday, the thread was inaccessible on Twitter but preserved by the Internet Archive.
https://news.yahoo.com/minnesota-man-fr ... 09638.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20210903234 ... 4084350984

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:30 pm

It's coming up again because one of the people that the fund she endorsed got out of jail and killed someone...

...then the tweets of her supporting the fund "disappeared".

Edit: posted this before seeing 93's post.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

93henfan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:33 pm I'm not sure why Gil was posting old news about Carmelo Harris supporting bail for criminals. The current news is that one of their bailees was charged with murder a few days back, right after being released. This will be Willie Horton'ed by the GOP for sure. Just more bad news for Biden//Harris. Drip, drip, drip:
Minnesota man freed by Kamala Harris-supported bail fund now charged with murder

Howard had been out on $11,500 bond in connection with a domestic assault case since Aug. 6, court records show. That’s when the Minnesota Freedom Fund bailed him out.

On Aug. 29, he was charged with two counts of second-degree murder in connection with the interstate shooting.

The Minnesota Freedom Fund tweeted Friday admitting to its role putting Howard back on the streets. On Tuesday, the thread was inaccessible on Twitter but preserved by the Internet Archive.

Newsom is doing the same shit in CA...

...and yet he wonders why he is up for a recall election.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:33 pm I'm not sure why Gil was posting old news about Carmelo Harris supporting bail for criminals. The current news is that one of their bailees was charged with murder a few days back, right after being released. This will be Willie Horton'ed by the GOP for sure. Just more bad news for Biden//Harris. Drip, drip, drip:

Willy Horton is right. Great reference.

The Left will sweep this under the rug...or will try to.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:52 am The Left will sweep this under the rug...or will try to.
It's fairly easy to do when you control the media. They've already waived their wands over Afghanistan and made it go POOF from their screens. :lol:

Hey look! We're taking down the General Lee statue and black people are cheering!

Hey look!! Texas is making its own state laws!! Why do they hate wimmin and convenient baby disposal?

Hey look! The x-ray variant has been detected in South Sudan!!!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

United Daughters of the Confederacy had no White Guilt.

History Link

“Eventually they started to build [Confederate] monuments,” he says. “The vast majority of them were built between the 1890s and 1950s, which matches up exactly with the era of Jim Crow segregation.” According to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s research, the biggest spike was between 1900 and the 1920s.

In contrast to the earlier memorials that mourned dead soldiers, these monuments tended to glorify leaders of the Confederacy like General Robert E. Lee, former President of the Confederacy Jefferson Davis and General “Thomas Stonewall” Jackson.

“All of those monuments were there to teach values to people,” Elliott says. “That’s why they put them in the city squares. That’s why they put them in front of state buildings.” Many earlier memorials had instead been placed in cemeteries.

The values these monuments stood for, he says, included a “glorification of the cause of the Civil War.”

White women were instrumental in raising funds to build these Confederate monuments. The United Daughters of the Confederacy, founded in the 1890s, was probably the most important and influential group, Elliott says.

In fact, the group was responsible for creating what is basically the Mount Rushmore of the Confederacy: a gigantic stone carving of Davis, Lee and Jackson in Stone Mountain, Georgia. Its production began in the 1910s, and it was completed in the 1960s.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

93henfan wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:05 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:52 am The Left will sweep this under the rug...or will try to.
It's fairly easy to do when you control the media. They've already waived their wands over Afghanistan and made it go POOF from their screens. :lol:

Hey look! We're taking down the General Lee statue and black people are cheering!

Hey look!! Texas is making its own state laws!! Why do they hate wimmin and convenient baby disposal?

Hey look! The x-ray variant has been detected in South Sudan!!!
:lol: This is so frigging true (and disheartening).
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Here's the thing about these kinds of shenanigans -

I vote for good judgment as much as I do policy. This was gross poor judgment and in my own mind it is disqualifying for my vote under any circumstances, from either party
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - Former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin pleaded not guilty Thursday to federal charges alleging he violated a teenager’s civil rights in a separate case that involved a similar restraint to the one he used on George Floyd.

Earlier this year, Chauvin was indicted on federal civil rights charges for an incident in September 2017 where he and two other officers responded to a domestic call in which a 14-year-old boy was accused of assaulting his mother.

The two-count indictment alleges Chauvin held his knee on the boy's neck and upper back while the teenager was face down on the ground, handcuffed and not resisting. Prosecutors say body camera video, which has not been made public, shows Chauvin striking the boy in the head with a flashlight.

Chauvin is accused of using much more violent and forceful treatment than he described in his police report, in which he wrote that the 240-pound teenager resisted arrest and that he "used body weight to pin [him] to the floor."

Thursday morning, Chauvin appeared via videoconference from the state’s maximum security prison in Oak Park Heights where he is serving a 22 1/2-year sentence for Floyd's May 2020 murder.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

a 14-year-old boy... the 240-pound teenager
:shock:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:59 am
a 14-year-old boy... the 240-pound teenager
:shock:
My first year coaching youth tackle football I coached against two teams with a 300 lb 8th grader. One was huge and couldn't move well but the other was 6'5" tall with broad shoulders and a narrow waist. The team with the huge 300 pounder (nose tackle) also had a 240 lb defensive end that was blowing up double and triple teams and chasing our backs down from behind.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Good grief. At 14 I wasn't 100 pounds.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:31 am Good grief. At 14 I wasn't 100 pounds.
I didn’t hit 240 until after we had our 2nd kid….I was 35.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I was barely 100 lbs at 19.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:15 am
I played basketball at 150 lbs, my Senior year.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Amir Locke shot during a no-knock raid, looking for someone else.

Report said Locke was pointing gun at police, body cam say different.

Yes, there are protest again.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:13 pm

how did that work out for you?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:55 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:13 pm

how did that work out for you?
Can’t help it if the majority of CA are idiots. It’s why the rest of the country would be better off if they just became their own country. And take WA/OR with them.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:54 am
:shock: me too - although my son could touch the rim in 8th grade something I never could do
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:49 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:15 am

I played basketball at 150 lbs, my Senior year.
I was the starting FB at 160 my senior year. Full house backfield. Must be the GMO food.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:00 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:54 am

:shock: me too - although my son could touch the rim in 8th grade something I never could do
I was never able to do it. And I was 6’2” as a junior. White men truly CAN’T jump….