Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:34 am
clenz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:12 am

You mean the peaceful protesting that is a constitutional right?

Yeah, strange of me to be okay with the peaceful protests. What a fucking strange to to be for, I realize, but here I am.

You think you did something with that post.
I interpreted Andy's reference to peaceful protesting to be tongue-in-cheek. Maybe he should have put it in parenthesis or added an emoji.

Peaceful protests are fine, they bring attention to a problem and hopefully force elected officials to address it rationally. It's the riots and looting that aren't ok and shouldn't be tolerated.
Yeah. You'd have thought Andy insulted his family and drunk Clenz wanted to fly up to Maryland to beat him up.

Sheesh.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I think we have gotten to the point where the Black Lives Matter people have gone too far with the histrionics when something like this happens. There was a moment in time when the public opinion momentum was building on their side but it's gotten out of hand. I suspect there are many people who were inclined to be sympathetic but are now starting to think "enough is enough."

I think a lot of what is going on in press conferences now is coming off as being overly dramatic. Like the guy's aunt with the red hair dye job today. Sorry, but that looked fake. I also think this thing in this particular case of not believing that the woman did think she had her taser in her hand is ridiculous. Your brain can play tricks on you in a stressful, intense situation in which you are reacting quickly and I think it is a REAL stretch to think the woman calmly thought to pretend that she thought she had her taser in her hand then did this great acting job of acting surprised when she ended up shooting the guy. I mean come on.

I also think, as I wrote yesterday, that the way people behave when they encounter police is a factor in the risk of them ending up getting shot.

Then there is the thing where every time something like this makes big news you have a bunch of people, mostly Black people, loot stores and such. That's not the best way to overcome the kinds of stereotypes Black leaders are fighting to dispel.

This crap of having this big thing with protests and looting every time a Black person gets shot by a police officer needs to stop.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:01 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:34 am

I interpreted Andy's reference to peaceful protesting to be tongue-in-cheek. Maybe he should have put it in parenthesis or added an emoji.

Peaceful protests are fine, they bring attention to a problem and hopefully force elected officials to address it rationally. It's the riots and looting that aren't ok and shouldn't be tolerated.
Yeah. You'd have thought Andy insulted his family and drunk Clenz wanted to fly up to Maryland to beat him up.

Sheesh.
That I’d pay to see. (My money’s on the offensive lineman). :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

clenz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:09 pm

Cops know this: about 75% of the time, if someone is driving with expired tags, expired temp tags, a headlight or taillight out, etc., they've got a bench warrant out for something. Especially in certain areas.

Question: is it or is it not illegal to drive with expired tags?
Question #2: How does one "resist" nonviolently? Once he moved to reenter the car, he could be going to grab ANYTHING. I ask again: are YOU going to sit there and wait to see what he's reaching for? Just watch the video of the NM cop getting executed by the guy he asked to step out of the vehicle.
Answer #1: Already been addressed in this thread. MDOT is months behind on tags. Like 2 if you are lucky, and some are waiting 4 to 6 months. Patrol officers have been made aware of this and have been instructed NOT to pull people over for tags. Including officers in Brooklyn Center. You can be driving on expired tags on your car for up to 6 months and still actually be completely legal because of the backlog due to COVID.

Answer #2: Look at the Chauvin case for prime examples of how one can be "resisting" yet it isn't violent. The defense is claiming the use of force was warranted to the very end because simply by George Floyd stating "I can't breathe" after he was in cuffs with 3 police officers kneeling on him is still considered resisting. The defense has tried to create a world, and actually, it does exist with how police enforce it, that doing literally anything is considered resisting. Would you consider that violently resisting? Does getting in a car count as violent? Everyone time anyone gets in a car at this point is it an inherently violent action?
George Floyd was stating “I can‘t breath while he was still in the car with 0 cops in him..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:43 pmGeorge Floyd was stating “I can‘t breath while he was still in the car with 0 cops in him..
Source and proof of cops preventing him from breathing in 2020 or later? We'll wait.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:43 pm
clenz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 pm Answer #1: Already been addressed in this thread. MDOT is months behind on tags. Like 2 if you are lucky, and some are waiting 4 to 6 months. Patrol officers have been made aware of this and have been instructed NOT to pull people over for tags. Including officers in Brooklyn Center. You can be driving on expired tags on your car for up to 6 months and still actually be completely legal because of the backlog due to COVID.

Answer #2: Look at the Chauvin case for prime examples of how one can be "resisting" yet it isn't violent. The defense is claiming the use of force was warranted to the very end because simply by George Floyd stating "I can't breathe" after he was in cuffs with 3 police officers kneeling on him is still considered resisting. The defense has tried to create a world, and actually, it does exist with how police enforce it, that doing literally anything is considered resisting. Would you consider that violently resisting? Does getting in a car count as violent? Everyone time anyone gets in a car at this point is it an inherently violent action?
George Floyd was stating “I can‘t breath while he was still in the car with 0 cops in him..
So you're saying that Floyd was telling police he can't breathe and then one decided to make that problem worse? Yeah...that doesn't sound any better.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:17 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:01 pm

Sheesh.
That I’d pay to see. (My money’s on the offensive lineman). :coffee: :coffee:
Andy’s a lover, not a fighter.

Clenzy has survived iowawesome his whole life. Give me the scrappy underdog kid from Cedar Rapids.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Hambone
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: U of North Dakota

Post by Hambone »

clenz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:09 pm

Cops know this: about 75% of the time, if someone is driving with expired tags, expired temp tags, a headlight or taillight out, etc., they've got a bench warrant out for something. Especially in certain areas.

Question: is it or is it not illegal to drive with expired tags?
Question #2: How does one "resist" nonviolently? Once he moved to reenter the car, he could be going to grab ANYTHING. I ask again: are YOU going to sit there and wait to see what he's reaching for? Just watch the video of the NM cop getting executed by the guy he asked to step out of the vehicle.
Answer #1: Already been addressed in this thread. MDOT is months behind on tags. Like 2 if you are lucky, and some are waiting 4 to 6 months. Patrol officers have been made aware of this and have been instructed NOT to pull people over for tags. Including officers in Brooklyn Center. You can be driving on expired tags on your car for up to 6 months and still actually be completely legal because of the backlog due to COVID.

Curious on the bolded - In February I renewed my registration and received them in less than 2 weeks. In December I renewed my wife's car and got them in less than 2 weeks. I know that for drivers license renewals if you expired before February 28th you could drive on those for a while, but I believe that it's back to renewal being required upon expiration with no grace period (mine expired December, but I did it online and received my new one in about 10 days). I'm too lazy to look into it, just curious where you got it because it doesn't equate with my anecdotal experience.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING HAWKS
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

clenz wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:33 am
Good.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Hambone wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:19 am
clenz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 pm Answer #1: Already been addressed in this thread. MDOT is months behind on tags. Like 2 if you are lucky, and some are waiting 4 to 6 months. Patrol officers have been made aware of this and have been instructed NOT to pull people over for tags. Including officers in Brooklyn Center. You can be driving on expired tags on your car for up to 6 months and still actually be completely legal because of the backlog due to COVID.

Curious on the bolded - In February I renewed my registration and received them in less than 2 weeks. In December I renewed my wife's car and got them in less than 2 weeks. I know that for drivers license renewals if you expired before February 28th you could drive on those for a while, but I believe that it's back to renewal being required upon expiration with no grace period (mine expired December, but I did it online and received my new one in about 10 days). I'm too lazy to look into it, just curious where you got it because it doesn't equate with my anecdotal experience.
Been mentioned many times since the shooting. Including the police chief confirming the delays are known and officers under instruction regarding the tags.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Can't imagine the cost to do this with lumber prices being up 250% year over year. But hey, insurance or something...

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:54 pm Can't imagine the cost to do this with lumber prices being up 250% year over year. But hey, insurance or something...

Is their expectation that the rioters can't throw a brick higher than an 8' sheet of plywood? :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

clenz wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:22 pm In the heat of the moment, your brain does things for you - when your adrenaline is up

We always kept our tasers on our weak side, so there could be no mistake. You have to either cross draw the taser, or weak hand draw it. There were a couple times when I was in potential deadly force situation where my firearm just appeared in my hand - I had drawn it from pure muscle memory

My guess is that her taser and firearm were both on her strong side. If that is the case, then I’d go with muscle memory

If the taser was on her weak side, then maybe you could be right but I suspect she meant to have the taser out all along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BCPD policy states that they are worn on the other weak side of the body. The police chief confirmed yesterday. Also confirmed that she was a "very senior" member of the force and has undergone numerous trainings per year over their use. I have no doubt she intended to use her taser, but right now there should be some significant questions as to why she didn't realize she had her hand gun. It wasn't pulled in the moment. Body cam footage shows she had it out for a not-insignificant amount of time. The standard issue police pistol weighs approximately 34 ounces and has a handgun grip to it (as to be expected). Tasers are bright yellow, weigh 8 ounces (based on what I can find, just as with the pistol) and don't have the grip of a pistol.

Again, I'll go back to how it's now acceptable for police to lose their heads and kill someone because they got worked up to do the job they are supposed to do, yet citizens interacting with the police are expected to be 1000% calm at all times no matter what.

She may not have meant to kill him, but she did. You still get charged and go to jail for "not meaning too". She should be charged. She should go to jail.

I'm not sure how me saying that has twisted into this anti-cop or whatever Z is trying to make it.

She killed a man. We saw it happen. She should be treated as anyone else who killed someone, even if "didn't mean too"
Where did I say she wasn’t culpable ? She shot the guy.

You said you believed she intended to draw her gun. I said I didn’t believe she intended to draw her gun, and her statements before and after she fired indicate as much. That has nothing to do with whether or not she should answer for killing the guy.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bobbythekidd »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:28 am
Maryland's former chief medical examiner is testifying for the defense in the Minneapolis murder trial of former police officer Derek Chauvin. His testimony comes at the same time he's being accused of helping to cover up the police's role in the 2018 in-custody death of Anton Black, a Black 19-year-old from the Eastern Shore.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

bobbythekidd wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:37 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:43 pmGeorge Floyd was stating “I can‘t breath while he was still in the car with 0 cops in him..
Source and proof of cops preventing him from breathing in 2020 or later? We'll wait.
The leaked bodycams.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bobbythekidd »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:43 pm
bobbythekidd wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:37 pm
The leaked bodycams.
link? Still waiting for anything to back your posts.

To validate your claims, you could try to discount my links in another thread.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:59 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:43 pm
The leaked bodycams.
link? Still waiting for anything to back your posts.

To validate your claims, you could try to discount my links in another thread.
It doesn’t need a link when its already been posted on here. Pay attention.
https://www.championshipsubdivision.com ... 2#p1328152
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:53 pm
clenz wrote:BCPD policy states that they are worn on the other weak side of the body. The police chief confirmed yesterday. Also confirmed that she was a "very senior" member of the force and has undergone numerous trainings per year over their use. I have no doubt she intended to use her taser, but right now there should be some significant questions as to why she didn't realize she had her hand gun. It wasn't pulled in the moment. Body cam footage shows she had it out for a not-insignificant amount of time. The standard issue police pistol weighs approximately 34 ounces and has a handgun grip to it (as to be expected). Tasers are bright yellow, weigh 8 ounces (based on what I can find, just as with the pistol) and don't have the grip of a pistol.

Again, I'll go back to how it's now acceptable for police to lose their heads and kill someone because they got worked up to do the job they are supposed to do, yet citizens interacting with the police are expected to be 1000% calm at all times no matter what.

She may not have meant to kill him, but she did. You still get charged and go to jail for "not meaning too". She should be charged. She should go to jail.

I'm not sure how me saying that has twisted into this anti-cop or whatever Z is trying to make it.

She killed a man. We saw it happen. She should be treated as anyone else who killed someone, even if "didn't mean too"

You said you believed she intended to draw her gun. I said I didn’t believe she intended to draw her gun, and her statements before and after she fired indicate as much. That has nothing to do with whether or not she should answer for killing the guy.

Don’t stop him, Cid, he’s on a roll. :lol: :lol:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

clenz wrote:BCPD policy states that they are worn on the other weak side of the body. The police chief confirmed yesterday. Also confirmed that she was a "very senior" member of the force and has undergone numerous trainings per year over their use. I have no doubt she intended to use her taser, but right now there should be some significant questions as to why she didn't realize she had her hand gun. It wasn't pulled in the moment. Body cam footage shows she had it out for a not-insignificant amount of time. The standard issue police pistol weighs approximately 34 ounces and has a handgun grip to it (as to be expected). Tasers are bright yellow, weigh 8 ounces (based on what I can find, just as with the pistol) and don't have the grip of a pistol.

The next logical step is for clenzy to call you a racist and demand to be given coloring books and stuffed animals in a quiet place.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:03 pm I think we have gotten to the point where the Black Lives Matter people have gone too far with the histrionics when something like this happens. There was a moment in time when the public opinion momentum was building on their side but it's gotten out of hand. I suspect there are many people who were inclined to be sympathetic but are now starting to think "enough is enough."

I think a lot of what is going on in press conferences now is coming off as being overly dramatic. Like the guy's aunt with the red hair dye job today. Sorry, but that looked fake. I also think this thing in this particular case of not believing that the woman did think she had her taser in her hand is ridiculous. Your brain can play tricks on you in a stressful, intense situation in which you are reacting quickly and I think it is a REAL stretch to think the woman calmly thought to pretend that she thought she had her taser in her hand then did this great acting job of acting surprised when she ended up shooting the guy. I mean come on.

I also think, as I wrote yesterday, that the way people behave when they encounter police is a factor in the risk of them ending up getting shot.

Then there is the thing where every time something like this makes big news you have a bunch of people, mostly Black people, loot stores and such. That's not the best way to overcome the kinds of stereotypes Black leaders are fighting to dispel.

This crap of having this big thing with protests and looting every time a Black person gets shot by a police officer needs to stop.
Unarmed people should not be getting shot during a traffic stop, whether they resist arrest or not. I've known many a young white person, that have done some crazy things when getting arrested, and none of them have been shot by police, or even thought their lives were in danger.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:27 am

The next logical step is for clenzy to call you a racist and demand to be given coloring books and stuffed animals in a quiet place.
Is that what goes on at an oline position group meeting?
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

kalm wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:31 am
andy7171 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:27 am

It's much gayer than you could imagine.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:38 am
kalm wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:31 am

It's much gayer than you could imagine.
:lol: :notworthy: