Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Psych paper that sums up difference betwen conks and donks on race

Post by Pwns »

https://psyarxiv.com/pv2ab/

From the Abstract:
Most Whites, particularly socio-political liberals, now endorse racial equality. Archival and experimental research reveals a subtle but reliable ironic consequence: White liberals self-present less competence to minorities than to other Whites—that is, they patronize minorities stereotyped as lower status and less competent.
Probably not really surprising to a lot of people and many have personal experience to back it up, but it's nice to have some data to support that. :nod:

Conservatives think not being racist is not making a priori judgements on individuals based on race, while liberals think what matters is the diversity of artists on your Spotify play-list and how many minority journalists you follow and reTweet on Twitter. It's not surprising that liberals have this completely patronizing attitude.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Psych paper that sums up difference betwen conks and donks on race

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:49 am https://psyarxiv.com/pv2ab/

From the Abstract:
Most Whites, particularly socio-political liberals, now endorse racial equality. Archival and experimental research reveals a subtle but reliable ironic consequence: White liberals self-present less competence to minorities than to other Whites—that is, they patronize minorities stereotyped as lower status and less competent.
Probably not really surprising to a lot of people and many have personal experience to back it up, but it's nice to have some data to support that. :nod:

Conservatives think not being racist is not making a priori judgements on individuals based on race, while liberals think what matters is the diversity of artists on your Spotify play-list and how many minority journalists you follow and reTweet on Twitter. It's not surprising that liberals have this completely patronizing attitude.
Sooooo...

Appreciating and recognizing race based injustice is bad?

Ok.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:58 am

From the Abstract:

Sooooo...

Ok.
Right on cue. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:07 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:58 am

Sooooo...

Ok.
So you think it’s bad? Gotcha! :lol:

FTR I also appreciate when white people with southern accents show some signs of intelligence and open-mindedness. They’ve had to over come quite a bit as well!

:clap:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:54 am

FTR I also appreciate when white people with southern accents show some signs of intelligence and open-mindedness. They’ve had to over come quite a bit as well!

Bent grass greens are still better than poa annua greens.....................and it isn't even close. Yes, I'm a grassist.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:05 am

Bent grass greens are still better than poa annua greens.....................and it isn't even close. Yes, I'm a grassist.
Depends on the climate. Sage Hills Golf Club and Moses Lake CC in Central Washington had some of the fastest, purest greens I’ve ever putted on back in the day. Pebble ain’t too shabby either...

:coffee:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:10 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:05 am
Depends on the climate. Sage Hills Golf Club and Moses Lake CC in Central Washington had some of the fastest, purest greens I’ve ever putted on back in the day. Pebble ain’t too shabby either...

Pebble is poa. So is Torrey Pines. I'm sure Riviera is too. All shit.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Post 5. Possibly the fastest thread hijack on record.

Well done, flaggy!
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

And white people with southern accents love to be patronized by tone deaf lily-white liberals from their 87% lily-white golf club communities.

You're doing a great job, klam. :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Hey, where does wearing African style sashes when doing legislation that could impact Blacks fit in this? Or showing up in a Black church for a photo op when doing the same? Or carrying around some hot sauce when on the campaign trial? Asking for a friend.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:35 pm Hey, where does wearing African style sashes when doing legislation that could impact Blacks fit in this? Or showing up in a Black church for a photo op when doing the same? Or carrying around some hot sauce when on the campaign trial? Asking for a friend.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:31 pm

And white people with southern accents love to be patronized by tone deaf lily-white liberals from their 87% lily-white golf club communities.

I’m guessing it’s closer to 98% but I’ve never kept track. There’s no need to for me....

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

From the Abstract:

Soft bigotry.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:59 pm
Baldy wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:31 pm

I’m guessing it’s closer to 98% but I’ve never kept track. There’s no need to for me....

Of course not, but it helps when a point needs to be made.
I work, live, eat, and breathe with people of color everyday all day, and I know how much they despise the soft bigotry of low expectations foisted upon them from well-meaning but terribly out of touch SJW's.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:42 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:59 pm

I work, live, eat, and breathe with people of color everyday all day, and I know how much they despise the soft bigotry of low expectations foisted upon them from well-meaning but terribly out of touch SJW's.
I simply don’t care about skin color. And hey! I have black and brown friends too!
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:46 pm
Baldy wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:42 pm
I simply don’t care about skin color. And hey! I have black and brown friends too!
Careful kalm.

Commandment #1,243,561 in the Race volume of the woke bible says a white person shall not say "I don't see color" or "I don't care about color".

But seriously, I've never really got the vibe that you're a hardcore SJW but you'd be surprised at how many things you believe about race you think are enlightened but are considered odious.
Celebrate Diversity.*
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Interesting. If I'm understanding correctly liberals tend to try to avoid coming off as "acting superior" when they interact with Blacks to a greater extent than conservatives do.

I actually do that myself in day to day interactions. I don't know if I do it for race per se. But I will tone down my vocabulary, etc., based on the "audience."
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Oh...there's another thing: The reason why conservatives were less likely to present less competence to Blacks could be because they were not as competent as liberals were to begin with. I know that's unpleasant. But it's possible. I'd have to read the whole thing to get a better idea as to the possible impact of that. And I'm not going to read the whole thing.

Again: I am a conservative. But, at the same time, I think that people who are willing to identify as "liberal" have a higher IQ on average than people who are willing to identify as "conservative" do. That could be a factor in the "tone down" thing.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:13 pm Oh...there's another thing: The reason why conservatives were less likely to present less competence to Blacks could be because they were not as competent as liberals were to begin with. I know that's unpleasant. But it's possible. I'd have to read the whole thing to get a better idea as to the possible impact of that. And I'm not going to read the whole thing.

Again: I am a conservative. But, at the same time, I think that people who are willing to identify as "liberal" have a higher IQ on average than people who are willing to identify as "conservative" do. That could be a factor in the "tone down" thing.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Comedy gold!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:13 pm Oh...there's another thing: The reason why conservatives were less likely to present less competence to Blacks could be because they were not as competent as liberals were to begin with. I know that's unpleasant. But it's possible. I'd have to read the whole thing to get a better idea as to the possible impact of that. And I'm not going to read the whole thing.

Sweet mother of god.

You might want to take the next couple of plays off....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:07 pm Interesting. If I'm understanding correctly liberals tend to try to avoid coming off as "acting superior" when they interact with Blacks to a greater extent than conservatives do.

I actually do that myself in day to day interactions. I don't know if I do it for race per se. But I will tone down my vocabulary, etc., based on the "audience."
I do the same thing whenever I talk to people from Louisiana.

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:47 pm

Sweet mother of god.

You might want to take the next couple of plays off....
I guess it doesn't take a very high IQ to create a business like Walmart or Koch Industries.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:21 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:46 pm

Careful kalm.

Commandment #1,243,561 in the Race volume of the woke bible says a white person shall not say "I don't see color" or "I don't care about color".

But seriously, I've never really got the vibe that you're a hardcore SJW but you'd be surprised at how many things you believe about race you think are enlightened but are considered odious.
So please tell me all those things that are considered odious and by whom...

:lol:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:07 pm Interesting. If I'm understanding correctly liberals tend to try to avoid coming off as "acting superior" when they interact with Blacks to a greater extent than conservatives do.

Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:14 pm
Pwns wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:21 pm

Careful kalm.

So please tell me all those things that are considered odious and by whom...

:lol:
Here's a helpful flow chart.

Celebrate Diversity.*