SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Hey Seattle and Portland.....

Post by SDHornet »

catbooster wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:47 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:43 pm

It also debunks the "mostly peaceful" narrative the msm is running to give cover to the Marxists and anarchists.
Yep. 95% of them being peaceful hardly qualifies for "mostly peaceful" :roll:
And American Airlines Flight 11 on 9/11/2001 was 99.9% peaceful during its flight. :lol: :dunce:

BTW, more people have died during these "peaceful protests" in comparison to what they are allegedly protesting over (blacks killed by cops). Tells you all you need to know. :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:43 am
catbooster wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:47 am
Yep. 95% of them being peaceful hardly qualifies for "mostly peaceful" :roll:
And American Airlines Flight 11 on 9/11/2001 was 99.9% peaceful during its flight. :lol: :dunce:

BTW, more people have died during these "peaceful protests" in comparison to what they are allegedly protesting over (blacks killed by cops). Tells you all you need to know. :coffee:
Should we be cracking down on the rioting, looting and violence? Yes. Is freaking out about it and acting like the end of the republic is nigh really that different than the people who are freaking out about police brutality and acting like the end of the republic is nigh? No.

Way too many snowflakes running around on both sides of this debate looking for reasons to be scared and outraged.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:00 pm

Should we be cracking down on the rioting, looting and violence? Yes. Is freaking out about it and acting like the end of the republic is nigh really that different than the people who are freaking out about police brutality and acting like the end of the republic is nigh? No.

Way too many snowflakes running around on both sides of this debate looking for reasons to be scared and outraged.
It won’t be the end of the Republic but there’s reason to expect a shitshow of rioting and increase in violence.

I’m just disappointed and becoming less trustful of people. I was waiting until my 70’s to become a Clenz or Grizza.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:15 pm

It won’t be the end of the Republic but there’s reason to expect a shitshow of rioting and increase in violence.

I’m just disappointed and becoming less trustful of people. I was waiting until my 70’s to become a Clenz or Grizza.
What are the reasons?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Try being a used tractor salesman. It is easier to trust people when the check clears the bank. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

You're probably used to John Deere letters.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:25 pm

What are the reasons?
1) armed idiots from both sides on the streets.

2) Inability or desire of local law enforcement to keep things in check.

3). Need to send in federal LE controlled by this administration.

There’s a decent chance that Trump will come out Tuesday evening with a lead. That lead will disappear as mail in ballots come in. Would you be surprised if Trump preemptively claims victory only to have the election stolen from him as votes are tallied and state results are finalized? Even if it’s just an excuse for being a loser?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:38 am
What are the reasons?

There’s a decent chance that Trump will come out Tuesday evening with a lead. That lead will disappear as mail in ballots come in. Would you be surprised if Trump preemptively claims victory only to have the election stolen from him as votes are tallied and state results are finalized? Even if it’s just an excuse for being a loser?
You forget #4 - elected officials unwilling to instruct law enforcement to do anything to keep things in check.

I was worried you were going to go down a Tripespierrian rabbit hole of the rich are too rich and the poor too poor and Amerikkka needs to burn to the ground to be cleansed as a reason.

There are all sorts of possible scenarios where Trump or Biden's supporters claim the election was stolen. Am I concerned? Yes. Can I do anything about it? Not really.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

What are the reasons?

I think it’s highly likely that no matter WHO loses they’ll refuse to concede and claim it was stolen. Hell, Hildabeast has ALREADY told Biden not to concede when he inevitably is behind on election night.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

The reason to "freak out" is because one party of our 2 party system has enabled and endorsed such behavior. There is a "vote blue or else" tone to these protests and it hasn't been covert. Also assuming these riots will stop if Biden wins is pretty naive as well.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:47 am

You forget #4 - elected officials unwilling to instruct law enforcement to do anything to keep things in check.

I was worried you were going to go down a Tripespierrian rabbit hole of the rich are too rich and the poor too poor and Amerikkka needs to burn to the ground to be cleansed as a reason.

There are all sorts of possible scenarios where Trump or Biden's supporters claim the election was stolen. Am I concerned? Yes. Can I do anything about it? Not really.
Yup, your #4 is the big one here. That's the concern and reason to "freak out". :nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:55 pm You're probably used to John Deere letters.
Under appreciated Post right there. :nod: :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
WWII
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by WWII »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:40 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:47 am

Yup, your #4 is the big one here. That's the concern and reason to "freak out". :nod:
I think it's worse than unwilling to instruct, in many cases they instructed not to respond.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

WWII wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:23 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:40 am
I think it's worse than unwilling to instruct, in many cases they instructed not to respond.
Precisely....and in many other cases, actively participated along with the rioters.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:02 pm
WWII wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:23 pm
Precisely....and in many other cases, actively participated along with the rioters.
I won't argue with that. Ted Wheeler is a domestic Neville Chamberlain.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:11 am
Maybe Joe and Kamala people will post this guys bail. I'm sure Trip would love to chip in...
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:55 pm You're probably used to John Deere letters.
:lol: :lol: Well played... :clap: :clap:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I clicked on the link from Portlandpolice.com in the tweet reporting this and got a security warning of a fake site not authorized by the Portland PD and could be linked to identity theft.

Nice! :lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:12 am
I clicked on the link from Portlandpolice.com in the tweet reporting this and got a security warning of a fake site not authorized by the Portland PD and could be linked to identity theft.

You're slipping Klam. :ohno: :kisswink:

Looks like your standard firebug to me. :coffee:
About an hour later, officers were flagged down by a witness, who pointed out the suspect – a man in a nearby tent.
Officers arrested the man, who confirmed he lit the fire with a Molotov cocktail. Police seized a plastic bottle with a wick as evidence.
The suspect, identified as Domingo Lopez Jr., was booked into the Multnomah County Jail. Lopez was then released. Hours later, at 3:37 a.m. Monday, officers responded again to assist PF&R after more fires were reported along the interstate. Six small fires were lit along the west side of I-205. Police said firefighters extinguished three of them while passing community members put out the other three. All were caught early. No one was injured and no structures were burnt. Officers located Lopez walking along the shoulder and arrested him again. A light was seized as evidence.
https://www.kptv.com/news/police-man-ar ... 755d8.html

https://katu.com/news/local/man-arreste ... n-portland
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:52 am
:lol: :lol: Well played... :clap: :clap:
Agree. :notworthy:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:47 am

About an hour later, officers were flagged down by a witness, who pointed out the suspect – a man in a nearby tent.
Officers arrested the man, who confirmed he lit the fire with a Molotov cocktail. Police seized a plastic bottle with a wick as evidence.
The suspect, identified as Domingo Lopez Jr., was booked into the Multnomah County Jail. Lopez was then released. Hours later, at 3:37 a.m. Monday, officers responded again to assist PF&R after more fires were reported along the interstate. Six small fires were lit along the west side of I-205. Police said firefighters extinguished three of them while passing community members put out the other three. All were caught early. No one was injured and no structures were burnt. Officers located Lopez walking along the shoulder and arrested him again. A light was seized as evidence.

I’m not slipping. Cit should try grabbing another source.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

And what’s he doing staying in a tent? I thought BLM was better funded than that. :ohno:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:11 am

And what’s he doing staying in a tent? I thought BLM was better funded than that. :ohno:
He's probably just a homeless guy with mental health issuers (there are a lot of homeless encampments along and near I-205) and not active in Antifa or BLM. Trying to tie him to Antifa/BLM appears to be fear-mongering.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

kalm wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:09 am

I’m not slipping. Cit should try grabbing another source.
The source appears to be legit. Not sure why you got a warning.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787