Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Cancel Culture thread

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:20 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:27 am I wonder if you've decided that I'm just an old white guy who doesn't understand the righteousness of your perspective. If your ideas are so good and righteous than they could stand up to the arguments that I and others make against them. Your certainty in the righteousness of your position is so similar to religion that it's kind of frightening.

As far as others looking around and saying "yeah this is broken" read my posts on opportunity, education and Fortune 500 CEO pay.

You and Kalm decry institutionalized debt and borrowing from the future but you want to expand it to pay to continue with shelter-in-place?

Yes, people are discontent. Some of that discontent is for good reason and some is because they don't understand history, how good they have it, or the opportunities that are there for them if they are willing to work and take some risks to achieve them. Too many people expect things to be handed to them. Entitlement is not specific to age, race, sex, religion, etc.
Well win them over with your ideas then; that's the point of democracy. Show them how your arguments work.

All I see in your post are assumptions that Americans "don't understand history" or "how good they have it" or "the opportunities that are there for them." Do you ever consider that people aren't dumb and understand these things, except they have a different perspective on it?

There's a reason I argue on a message board where I'll likely win none of you over: it's the fact that every idea should be challenged including mine and yours. And if some young football fan is reading this, I want them to come across a perspective they may never have considered before and then decide if it's something they'd like to look further into. Otherwise, they'd get lost in a bubble of similar thoughts.

So want to win people over? First don't assume, and second go argue where your views are mocked. There's certainly a better chance you change someone's view there instead of arguing in a place where your ideas are embraced.
I agree but too many foolish people dismiss the perspective of other, older people with the equivalent of "OK Boomer." There is a lot to be learned from older people and it is foolish to disregard or ignore it. Let that perspective and experience inform and improve your ideas. Unfortunately, some people have made up and closed their minds.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

SDHornet wrote:Hey Trips, you know who doesn't have to deal with the FF or put up with any of the complaints and problems related to this country that you bring up? CHAZ.

Move there, own it. Don't be a pussy. Walk the walk baby.
This post rocks!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:27 am I wonder if you've decided that I'm just an old white guy who doesn't understand the righteousness of your perspective. If your ideas are so good and righteous than they could stand up to the arguments that I and others make against them. Your certainty in the righteousness of your position is so similar to religion that it's kind of frightening.

As far as others looking around and saying "yeah this is broken" read my posts on opportunity, education and Fortune 500 CEO pay.

You and Kalm decry institutionalized debt and borrowing from the future but you want to expand it to pay to continue with shelter-in-place?

Yes, people are discontent. Some of that discontent is for good reason and some is because they don't understand history, how good they have it, or the opportunities that are there for them if they are willing to work and take some risks to achieve them. Too many people expect things to be handed to them. Entitlement is not specific to age, race, sex, religion, etc.
Well win them over with your ideas then; that's the point of democracy. Show them how your arguments work.

All I see in your post are assumptions that Americans "don't understand history" or "how good they have it" or "the opportunities that are there for them." Do you ever consider that people aren't dumb and understand these things, except they have a different perspective on it?

There's a reason I argue on a message board where I'll likely win none of you over: it's the fact that every idea should be challenged including mine and yours. And if some young football fan is reading this, I want them to come across a perspective they may never have considered before and then decide if it's something they'd like to look further into. Otherwise, they'd get lost in a bubble of similar thoughts.

So want to win people over? First don't assume, and second go argue where your views are mocked. There's certainly a better chance you change someone's view there instead of arguing in a place where your ideas are embraced.
You live in an echo chamber...... That's the point

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Howard Stern responds to backlash over resurfaced blackface sketch, use of N-word
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/h ... use-n-word

Edit: The previous video was removed. Another one:
Last edited by BDKJMU on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:52 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:20 am

I agree but too many foolish people dismiss the perspective of other, older people with the equivalent of "OK Boomer." There is a lot to be learned from older people and it is foolish to disregard or ignore it. Let that perspective and experience inform and improve your ideas. Unfortunately, some people have made up and closed their minds.
Ok Boomer. :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

As I posted on the 'Hey Seattle and Portland' thread last Fri:
In Philadelphia the leftists vandalized a statue of a prominent abolistionist Matthias Baldwin, and a monument honoring Union soldiers.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/park- ... r-BB15lTRp

In Boston, its worse- the leftists vandalized a memorial to black soldiers of the 54th Mass Infantry.
https://www.wbur.org/artery/2020/06/03/ ... ls-damaged

As dozens of statues have been defaced/destroyed across the country, its clear these BLM/antifa types have gone from not liking statues of confederates, to not liking statues of any white men who owned slaves, to not liking statues of any white men, to any statues period..
Now:
Philadelphia's Tomb of the Unknown Soldier statue defaced with graffiti: 'Committed GENOCIDE'
https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadelphia ... d-genocide
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Here you go Trips. Open mind for discussion you say...lolz...

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:32 pm Here you go Trips. Open mind for discussion you say...lolz...

That article is hilarious. The contradictions and juxtapositions are mind numbing.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

BDKJMU wrote:Howard Stern responds to backlash over resurfaced blackface sketch, use of N-word

Dropping the N word right and left starts at the 2:25 mark
Nobody cares, it was 30 years ago and he owned it.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:47 pm
BDKJMU wrote:Howard Stern responds to backlash over resurfaced blackface sketch, use of N-word

Dropping the N word right and left starts at the 2:25 mark
Nobody cares, it was 30 years ago and he owned it.

Yeah, nobody cares since not a conk. He was on The View denying he said it (1993):
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Those racist America hating cunts on the View can fuck off

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Karens are currently freaking out at Domino's because Trump's current press sec sent a tweet in 2012 to Domino's saying she liked their pizza better than NYC pizza and Domino's responded thanking her.

:ohno:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:49 am Karens are currently freaking out at Domino's because Trump's current press sec sent a tweet in 2012 to Domino's saying she liked their pizza better than NYC pizza and Domino's responded thanking her.

:lol: :lol: :lol: FFS. This world is going to hell.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:49 am Karens are currently freaking out at Domino's because Trump's current press sec sent a tweet in 2012 to Domino's saying she liked their pizza better than NYC pizza and Domino's responded thanking her.

Domino's response...

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Baldy wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:54 am

Domino's response...

And notice the tool Rick Wilson calling them out.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:05 am
Baldy wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:54 am

Domino's response...

And notice the tool Rick Wilson calling them out.
Rick Wilson is the JSO of Twitter. Former 'Conk', but a full blown leftist now.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

How is he a leftist? What leftist positions does he have now?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Womp womp

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

That stupid cunt is WRONG!!!!!!!

I'd still hit it...............................................multiple times. :nod:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Rick Wilson isn't having a good day. :rofl:

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Edit. Deleted. HI5er beat me to it. :lol: :clap:

LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

“If we open a quarrel between the past and the present, we shall find that we have lost the future. “ - Winston Churchill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

LeadBolt wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:14 am“If we open a quarrel between the past and the present, we shall find that we have lost the future. “ - Winston Churchill
Churchill is one of the biggest targets for the UK side of the movement.

Dude was a racist, imperialist, whose policies threw blacks and Arabs into the ghettos after WWII despite them being imported to rebuild the country with the promises of a better life.

Good luck Churchill memorials. :coffee:

Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Cancel Culture thread

Post by LeadBolt »

∞∞∞ wrote:
LeadBolt wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:14 am“If we open a quarrel between the past and the present, we shall find that we have lost the future. “ - Winston Churchill
Churchill is one of the biggest targets for the UK side.

Dude was a racist, imperialist, whose policies threw blacks and Arabs into the ghettos after World War II.

He may have been a racist, and was certainly an imperialist, but that should not erase the wisdom of much of his oratory.

If not for him we may be speaking German and saluting the Fuhrer or Emporer.

I don’t believe that I mentioned anything about a Churchill memorial. Where did you come up with that red herring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by LeadBolt on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Churchill is one of the biggest targets for the UK side.

Dude was a racist, imperialist, whose policies threw blacks and Arabs into the ghettos after World War II.

You should love Churchill

He helped foment a war almost exclusively between white Westerners

The surge of political and cultural viability of cultures from former colonial states was facilitated by the fact that so many white people killed each other in WWII.

The woke brigades shouldn’t pull him down, they should put his face on their fuckin flag
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris