Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Cancel Culture thread

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:02 pm
89Hen wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:33 pm

It's gotten so bad you have people like Mark and Gil joining in on chastising the GOP for removing a person from leadership who literally just said she would do anything she could to keep the previous POTUS that got 73M votes in the last election from ever running again. I'd be happy if he didn't run again, but you CANNOT have anyone in a GOP leadership position saying that. Imagine if Pelosi came out tomorrow and said she thought Biden had cognitive issues, was elected by people that knew that and she was going to do anything she could to remove him from office. Think she'd be SOTH for long? :lol:
I agree with Cheney, and if Pelosi came out and said she would do anything in her power to keep Biden from running again, I would agree with her.

I haven't seen where Cheney said that, I've seen where she said she wouldn't support Trump if he ran.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:01 pm
89Hen wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:24 pm I think there's a big difference between somebody being "cancelled" because of something they said years ago about a topic unrelated to the something for which they're being cancelled, and a leader of a party being removed from leadership because the people she's leading think she is damaging their party.
Damaging their party is a subjective opinion. It could be argued that she had a different opinion about the direction of her party and they purged a dissenting opinion from leadership. While they had every right to remove her from leadership that doesn't mean that they should be immune to criticism for removing her. If it bothers the party faithful, then maybe they should put on their big boy pants, get some thicker skin and stop being snowflakes (or losers as Trump would call them).
When you're alone in your conviction, you are generally considered to be the wrong one. It's their party, they can do what they want. Somebody who is not a GOP'er can have their opinion but it doesn't matter. And if you hate the GOP and think this was a bad move, you should rejoice.

Again, you guys really are cracking me up on this one. :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:21 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:02 pm

I agree with Cheney, and if Pelosi came out and said she would do anything in her power to keep Biden from running again, I would agree with her.

I haven't seen where Cheney said that, I've seen where she said she wouldn't support Trump if he ran.
Good for her, might be my vote for president in 2024.

Now I have to go take a dump after watching MSNBC.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:23 pm
Damaging their party is a subjective opinion. It could be argued that she had a different opinion about the direction of her party and they purged a dissenting opinion from leadership. While they had every right to remove her from leadership that doesn't mean that they should be immune to criticism for removing her. If it bothers the party faithful, then maybe they should put on their big boy pants, get some thicker skin and stop being snowflakes (or losers as Trump would call them).
When you're alone in your conviction, you are generally considered to be the wrong one. It's their party, they can do what they want. Somebody who is not a GOP'er can have their opinion but it doesn't matter. And if you hate the GOP and think this was a bad move, you should rejoice.

I don't hate the GOP and she's not the only one - Adam Kinzinger fits in the same category.

Both sides are cracking me up - the ones getting their panties in a bunch over the Conks removing Cheney and the ones getting their panties in a bunch over the criticism of the Conks removing Cheney. There are so many snowflakes, it's like a blizzard of righteous indignation. :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:18 am
89Hen wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:11 am :lol: Yeah, how dare they be able to choose their leadership. You guys can't be serious.
It's akin to saying something negative about Obama and being called a racist. Saying you don't believe Trumps lie, you get booted. Cult of Personality and not tolerating freedom of speech.
What lie?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:28 am :lol: :lol: at all the liberals crying over the ouster of Liz Cheney. Didn't know liberals loved neocon warmongers. :lol:
Yep. :nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

andy7171 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:31 am
andy7171 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:08 am Does Nancy Pelosi like or get along with AOC?
My point being, she doesn't like AOC or her antics. Her job is to keep the D's united and focus everything negative on the R's. She doesn't talk about her non stop and take the bait everytime its offered.
Cheney, apparently, cannot stop talking about Trump. If your leader can't stop shooting down into her own troops, sooner or later, the general will remove her.
Bingo.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Zara
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:23 pm

It is good for the Dems but another election where Trump has relevance is not good for the country nor the GOP long term.

I’m just here for the popcorn now.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:54 pm
89Hen wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:34 pm

You guys seriously don't understand why the GOP needed to remove her from leadership. Again, they have not removed her from Congress. You guys crack me the fuck up.
I get it. She didn't hero worship. I get why they didn't like that. You can't have a person in a leadership position having their own thoughts.
No you don’t get it. You can't have a person in a leadership position who goes against most of their party, and whom most of their party wants removed from leadership.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:25 pm Heck, I thought it was amusing to hear Pelosi refer to Cheyney as a person of "integrity" even though I'm pretty sure she's still strictly anti-gay marriage. I think we've gotten good at a la carte integrity decisions, really depends on the day I suppose.
It's gotten so bad you have people like Mark and Gil joining in on chastising the GOP for removing a person from leadership who literally just said she would do anything she could to keep the previous POTUS that got 73M votes in the last election from ever running again. I'd be happy if he didn't run again, but you CANNOT have anyone in a GOP leadership position saying that. Imagine if Pelosi came out tomorrow and said she thought Biden had cognitive issues, was elected by people that knew that and she was going to do anything she could to remove him from office. Think she'd be SOTH for long? :lol:
74+. Or you can round up to 75.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:30 pm

I get it. She didn't hero worship. I get why they didn't like that. You can't have a person in a leadership position having their own thoughts.
No you don’t get it. You can't have a person in a leadership position who goes against most of their party, and whom most of their party wants removed from leadership.
Leadership isn’t always about taking popular positions.

:coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:17 pm

How about she simply couldn't do her job. Riding Dad's coat tails got her so far, only to find out she had no skills. Might as well have been when NBC hired Chelsea for $600k and she was horrible.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:51 pm

How about she simply couldn't do her job. Riding Dad's coat tails got her so far, only to find out she had no skills. Might as well have been when NBC hired Chelsea for $600k and she was horrible.
I surprised you believe that. Trump had several family members spending tax payer money riding daddy's coat tails.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

How about he simply couldn't do his job. Riding Dad's coat tails got him so far, only to find out he had no skills. He could have invested his inheritance in the S&P 500 and he'd be worth more money now.
Now we're talking about Trump?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:16 pm

I surprised you believe that. Trump had several family members spending tax payer money riding daddy's coat tails.
She was supposed to be a leader, and that entails showing how the Biden agenda doesn't represent Republicans. She did nothing but complain about Trump and didn't focus on her role.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:41 pm

She was supposed to be a leader, and that entails showing how the Biden agenda doesn't represent Republicans. She did nothing but complain about Trump and didn't focus on her role.
Neither Biden, nor Trump represent Republican values. Trump represents Trump values. That is why Biden is in the White House.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

So party over country?

Ok.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:08 am

Neither Biden, nor Trump represent Republican values. Trump represents Trump values. That is why Biden is in the White House.
Neither of your statements negate the fact she was supposed to show that Republicans have better ideas than Biden, but she couldn't stop talking about Trump. A guy who is no longer President.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:33 am

So party over country?

Ok.
:lol: You think the Biden agenda represents the country?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:22 am
kalm wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:33 am

So party over country?

Ok.

Both sides represent the donor class.

But we’re talking about a specific circumstance and specific people. Cheney represents the country better than most R’s in this instance.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:31 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:22 am

Both sides represent the donor class.

But we’re talking about a specific circumstance and specific people. Cheney represents the country better than most R’s in this instance.
No, we're talking about a lady who wouldn't do her job. That's it.

She's like the person at the golf desk that keeps bitching about what she hates about the golf course to the customers. Better not fire her! That's cancel culture!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:19 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:08 am
Neither of your statements negate the fact she was supposed to show that Republicans have better ideas than Biden, but she couldn't stop talking about Trump. A guy who is no longer President.
What if she thought that the time for Trump had passed and she was fighting against his influence on the party? The guy lost, he's a loser. How does he feel about losers? Isn't it time to move on?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

No, I get that. You can't have a member of the party leadership pushing back against lies and bogus conspiracy theories when the party is accepting them. I get it. I just find it funny that the snowflakes in the GOP that deride cancel culture are engaging in it. Sometimes a leader has to take the difficult or un popular position if they think it's what's best for ALL not some.

There are obviously 2 sides to this, which is fine. We can debate - which is good.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:25 pm Heck, I thought it was amusing to hear Pelosi refer to Cheyney as a person of "integrity" even though I'm pretty sure she's still strictly anti-gay marriage. I think we've gotten good at a la carte integrity decisions, really depends on the day I suppose.
Damaging or trying to save the party? All depends on your perspective and if you believe Trump politics are what's best for the future or not.

And you know me, i'll chastise either party. I spread my disappointment and disdain for them equally. :nod:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17