2020 General Election

Political discussions
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Ivytalk »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:43 pm No way they let Joe debate Trump, absolutely no way.

Da fuq? :? :suspicious: :silly:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:43 pm No way they let Joe debate Trump, absolutely no way.

You know what?

The one thing that really sticks in my craw about Biden was his debate with Paul Ryan in 2012.

Ryan made a passable argument about deficit spending and Biden just laughed. He didn’t even try to make a substantive rebuttal to what Ryan said. He’d have gotten an F from my public speaking professor in school. He used his grandfatherly, dismissive demeanor to laugh through those silly capped teeth of his at a completely legitimate argument that should be answered substantively. But like Obama with that dumb “1980s called” quip, he made a mockery of honest debate. He’s no more noble on the debate stage than Trump.

The one thing I hope for (and predict) is that the Trump-Biden debates will be the least substantive in Presidential debate history. I really hope they just quip and snipe each other into oblivion because they both deserve it.

The fact that Jo Jorgensen will not be allowed on a debate stage with those two choads is the REAL “end of the Republic” canary that people should be complaining about

Fuck it if they just beat each other to death on the stage it would be the most beneficial outcome for the country except that the nutters on the fringes would start openly shooting in the streets. I cant get retired and out of this steaming pile of offal quickly enough. So sick of low info rabble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Da fuq? :suspicious:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:12 pm
His fracking waffling will lose him PA.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

In recent days hackers have taken to typosquatting to mimic websites related to the 2020 presidential election, according to a Department of Homeland Security bulletin, suggesting hackers are interested in using typosquatting for political or influence motivations.

This year, the U.S. intelligence community has assessed that Iran, Russia, and China are interested in influencing the 2020 presidential election, according to the Office of Director of National Intelligence.
https://www.cyberscoop.com/typosquattin ... microsoft/
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
In recent days hackers have taken to typosquatting to mimic websites related to the 2020 presidential election, according to a Department of Homeland Security bulletin, suggesting hackers are interested in using typosquatting for political or influence motivations.

This year, the U.S. intelligence community has assessed that Iran, Russia, and China are interested in influencing the 2020 presidential election, according to the Office of Director of National Intelligence.
https://www.cyberscoop.com/typosquattin ... microsoft/
That last sentence is pretty much a “well, duh”

It could be applied to the last 10 elections, adding Iran to the last 5

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:33 pm The fact that Jo Jorgensen will not be allowed on a debate stage with those two choads is the REAL “end of the Republic” canary that people should be complaining about
Maybe she has a few good ideas, but she loses me pretty quickly...

No American military personnel stationed in foreign countries
No military aid
No foreign aid
No American government economic sanctions or embargoes of any non-military, non-war materials going into or coming out of other countries
Repeal arbitrary quotas on the number of people who can legally enter the United States to work, visit, or reside
End the failed War on Drugs
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:08 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:12 pm
His fracking waffling will lose him PA.
Kamala is already on the record saying she will ban it.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:33 pm
Ivytalk wrote:
You know what?

The one thing that really sticks in my craw about Biden was his debate with Paul Ryan in 2012.

Ryan made a passable argument about deficit spending and Biden just laughed. He didn’t even try to make a substantive rebuttal to what Ryan said. He’d have gotten an F from my public speaking professor in school. He used his grandfatherly, dismissive demeanor to laugh through those silly capped teeth of his at a completely legitimate argument that should be answered substantively. But like Obama with that dumb “1980s called” quip, he made a mockery of honest debate. He’s no more noble on the debate stage than Trump.

The one thing I hope for (and predict) is that the Trump-Biden debates will be the least substantive in Presidential debate history. I really hope they just quip and snipe each other into oblivion because they both deserve it.

The fact that Jo Jorgensen will not be allowed on a debate stage with those two choads is the REAL “end of the Republic” canary that people should be complaining about

Fuck it if they just beat each other to death on the stage it would be the most beneficial outcome for the country except that the nutters on the fringes would start openly shooting in the streets. I cant get retired and out of this steaming pile of offal quickly enough. So sick of low info rabble

I'd say the nation deserves a cunt like Biden if it didn't already have a much cuntier cunt "in charge".
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:
You know what?

Surely you aren't surprised? This nation of cunts got handed the whole world after WW2 and has already pissed it away
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:10 am
You know what?

I'd say the nation deserves a cunt like Biden if it didn't already have a much cuntier cunt "in charge".
Are we ranking the cuntyness of our recent major party presidential candidates? Is this like MFK? Fun!

cunty - Biden
cuntier - Trump
cuntiest - Hillary

honorable mention but too big of a pussy to be cunty - Bernie

If Biden wins, can we have President Haley in 2024 so that we can get away from cunts and put an adult in the White House?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:19 am

Are we ranking the cuntyness of our recent major party presidential candidates? Is this like MFK? Fun!

cunty - Biden
cuntier - Trump
cuntiest - Hillary

If Biden wins, can we have President Haley in 2024 so that we can get away from cunts and put an adult in the White House?
She'll be long-forgotten by then. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:19 am

cunty - Biden
cuntier - Trump
cuntiest - Hillary

Bernie takes the "cuckiest cunt" slot.

And good list btw. :lol: :thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Thanks for the link, I guess?

It shows Trump being mauled by Biden in the electoral college and Donks winning both chambers.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:10 am I'd say the nation deserves a cunt like Biden if it didn't already have a much cuntier cunt "in charge".

cunty - Biden
cuntier - Trump
cuntiest - Hillary

An adult that doesn’t have to eat soft foods, anyway.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Trump overtakes Biden as favorite to win in November: Betfair Exchange

.....These bets in part aided Trump to take the lead, after being neck-and-neck with Biden earlier this week, completing a stunning recovery in the betting markets.

“In August, Trump had the worst odds for re-election of any sitting President in history and defeat to Biden was looking increasingly likely,” Darren Hughes, spokesperson at Flutter Entertainment unit Betfair Exchange, said......
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN25T1L6
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:43 pm
Trump overtakes Biden as favorite to win in November: Betfair Exchange

.....These bets in part aided Trump to take the lead, after being neck-and-neck with Biden earlier this week, completing a stunning recovery in the betting markets.

“In August, Trump had the worst odds for re-election of any sitting President in history and defeat to Biden was looking increasingly likely,” Darren Hughes, spokesperson at Flutter Entertainment unit Betfair Exchange, said......
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN25T1L6
JSO “but it’s not scientific” in 3-2-1...
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Trumps’ active duty military numbers have plummeted...

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... for-biden/
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:Trumps’ active duty military numbers have plummeted...

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... for-biden/
Probably not enough to stop purple states from their usual contesting of absentee ballots from APO addresses.

FL literally threw out scads of them in 2000.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:34 am
Yeah...he nailed it! :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The left said how terrible it was Trump was going to Kenosha. Then right afterwards, Biden goes. Lol..
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:47 am The left said how terrible it was Trump was going to Kenosha. Then right afterwards, Biden goes. Lol..
And neither of them took a political risk: Biden visited the victim and his supporters, while Trump met with police and burned-out business owners. Two Americas, indeed.